Ever After | vsoo

By jaeyangi

"Who would've thought that I'd be here by myself? Who would've thought about the cause and effects? Now you k... More

"Ever After"
CAST
Chapter o1: Canada
Chapter o2: Buddy
Chapter o3: Home
Chapter o4: Ready
Chapter o5: I'm back
Chapter o7: It's not fine
Chapter o8: Still
Chapter o9: Dinner
Chapter 1o: City Light
Chapter 11: Changed
Chapter 12: Party (1)
Chapter 13: Party (2)
Chapter 14: Let's Talk
Chapter 15: Him
Chapter 16: You're mine
Chapter 17: The Plan
Chapter 18: The News
Chapter 19: Unparalleled Support
Chapter 20: Slow Dance
Chapter 21: Fight For Love
Chapter 22: Tight Corner
Chapter 23: Resolute
Epilogue

Chapter o6: So Fine

977 73 62
By jaeyangi

"Hi, I'm back." I softly uttered, smiling at him.

He was completely silent. He just stood still and kept looking at me without saying any word back.

I started becoming anxious. Everyone remained silent, too. I can feel the heavy tension started to increase between us. 

Why hasn't he said anything back yet?

I stared at his eyes more. Looking for answers. I still can't seem to read his mind through it. 

Then, all of a sudden, I heard someone called my name. I glanced at my back and saw Jungkook. With his doe-eyes opened wide, he shouted so loud. "It is you!"

"Kook!" I shouted back.

He immediately run towards me. I did, too. We met halfway. I was quite surprise when suddenly he lift me up and swung me around.

I giggled so hard. "It really is you!" He cheerfully stated.

He put me down then immediately went for a hug. A very tight one I must say. "I miss you so much!"

I pulled away from the embrace and smiled at him. "I miss you, too!"

He glanced at everyone and yelled at them. "Yah! Why did no one texted me?!"

They all laughed and made fun of his whining state.

"Because you'll do that," Lisa shouted. Her voice was full of irritation. Jungkook's eyebrows knitted. "You'll grabbed the spotlight we made for my brother and Jisoo unnie's reunion!"

I gasped, feeling flustered.

"Oh," Jungkook apologetically smiled at me and Taehyung who just looked away.

"You're such a jerk!" Lisa shouted again. Jungkook just let out a nervous laugh and apologized to her repeatedly.

After all the commotion that has happened, we finally calmed down and decided to take a seat.

I keep glancing at Taehyung and kept stealing glances every now and then. His mind seems to be elsewhere. 

His eyes wanders on somewhere else and if not, he would keep fidgeting on his phone.

I immediately looked away. My heart broke at what I am seeing right now.

Of course, he moved on. You left him, remember? 

I bit my bottom lip as I swallowed a big lump in my throat, trying to stop this heavy feeling inside that has been starting to build up.

I guess I'm the only one stuck, huh? I inhaled deep and glance at everyone. I should snap the hell out of it.

This isn't the right time to be sulking.

"So, where have you been, Ji?" Yoongi asked.

I immediately smiled at him. "Canada." His brows immediately furrows as he glanced at Namjoon. 

I let out a awkward chuckle. "Yeah, we've been catching up with my Joonie bud right here, since last year."

"WHAT?!" They all gasped in unison.

"And I didn't fucking knew about this?" Jin yelled. "We've been together most of the time, Joon-ah! We started going on dates and shits. How come I didn't noticed!?"

"Oh, so Namjin's still going strong even at college, I see?" I joked. 

They all laughed.

"No, that's not the point!" Jin exclaimed. "I mean how!?"

"Oh, I remember!" Jimin shouted. "That time where Namjoon got a big deal."

"Yeah, yeah" Hoseok uttered suddenly. "The exchange student scholarship for two months."

"Yup, that's it, babe." Bona jokingly winked at Hoseok who immediately blushed so hard. 

Wait, did I really witness all that?

"Well, its not that we didn't notice it, we all know," Lisa stated. "We just didn't know "who" it was."

"Daebak! I can't believe it," Jennie exclaimed.

"So, I'm guessing you're majoring Environmental Studies like Jonnie boy, too?" I nodded impishly.

"How about you guys?" I glanced at each and everyone of them.

"I'm majoring Fashion Design, Ji." Jennie gave me a knowing smile.

I let out chuckle. "Of course you are."

"Architecture," Hoseok replied right after. 

"Engineering," Yoongi and Jimin both answered at the same time. 

"Political Science in the house yow!" Lisa squealed in excitement, winking at me. She then glanced at Jungkook then to his step-brother. "And I'm guessing you already about Jungkook's and my brother,"

"Business Ad!" Lisa and I stated at the same time.

I glanced at Taehyung. 

I guess he's finally reaching for his dream. He's walking down the same path as his father. Just like what he always wanted to. 

I'm happy for him. Really.

"Chae and I are majoring Film and Arts." Jin spoke last.

"Now, that I mentioned about it," Jin smirked at me. "I want you to be my guest for tomorrow's broadcast, Ji."

"What broadcast-"

"Really, Ji. You agree? Thanks!" Jin cut me off.

"Wait, Jin-"

"I felt betrayed!" Jungkook suddenly wailed, that made us give all the attention to him. "I'm your best friend and you didn't even tried to contact me." He faked sobbed.

"Oh, don't be such a dramatic, Kook," I teasingly rolled my eyes at him. "Remember our deal, I told you never to tell them but you did."

"But-" He sighed heavily. "You're right. But we're okay now, right? I mean you're okay now?" He looked at me intently. "Right, Chi?"

"Please tell us you're not leaving us again?" Jennie added. I saw how her eyes became watery and so, she started to cry straight after.

"Hey, hey, come on," I looked at everyone. Their smiles right away erased from their faces, some even looked so down and worried. 

Other was on the verge of crying, too. "I'm fine already."

"The thing is, we initially went to Canada to get some help," I fairly closed my eyes. Remembering all the pain and sorrow I felt in the past. "Professional help."

They looked back at me and listened attentively. 

Even Taehyung looked up from his phone and stared at me seriously. "Me and my Mom started going to a psychologist, doing sessions, treatments and such," I inhaled deep. "And after a year or so, I'm finally healed."

Bona who was beside me started stroking my back, comforting me. I gave her a reassuring smile. "Then, my beautiful friend right here,-"

"That's me," Bona stated.

I let out a chuckle before continuing talking. "We went back here together and there you have it, me and her in front of you. A transferred student at KU University."

"I was so happy when I saw the article, Ji." Chaeyoung spoke. "At first I didn't really believe it. I mean how can I?"

I smiled at her and nodded lightly, agreeing. I was about to say something back to her when suddenly Jimin started teasing Taehyung about something. 

That made us stopped to what we're talking and looked at them suspiciously. He took Taehyung's phone from his hand and face the screen to us.

"This article?" Jimin mockingly stated.

We managed to look what's in it for a few seconds right before Taehyung completely snatched it back. "Fuck you, Jim." He exclaimed.

Jimin just laughed.

My gaze met Taehyung.

Was he reading my article, is that why he's been looking through his phone ever since? Has he-

"Tae, there you are!" We all glanced at where the voice came from. 

Then, everything in my world suddenly moved slowly.

Just like how they portray those things in the movies, that part where they would make you realize and let you wake up from the reality that something just doesn't last forever.

I completely saw how the way her hand snaked around his arm and gave him the sweetest smile she could ever give to a man she loves. As that man, look at her attentively.

A look that he makes when he doesn't want to lose you at his sight.

I witnessed everything.

I couldn't move my eyes away from them. I felt my heart shattered into tiny million pieces.

"I've been texting you nonstop." She added.

 My eyes glued to the both of them as they stared at each other.

So, Taehyung already has someone, huh?

I ogled her and instantly felt a little insecure. That's quite a woman right there. She has this captivating aura and was quite oozing with great confidence.

Perfect for a man like "the" Kim Taehyung, I must admit.

I guess I'm already too late.

I felt someone gently tap my shoulder. I glanced at my side and met Bona's worried eyes at me. "I'm fine." I answered.

I sighed deep as I continued. "So fine."

"Okay, that's the code." She stated. "Let's get out of here."

"So fine" That has been our code. 

It started when she found out about my panic attacks. But now that I'm healed we still use it whenever we want to tell the other that we need help or we're not okay.

I shook my head, "Ji" Bona called out.

I know it pains her to see me this way. I would, too. Even in my situation, I would pity myself. God, it was my fault in the the first place. 

I knew that.

Why did I even thought that there's would still be something that would happened between us again. 

Something  miraculously rekindle right after we would be reconnected with other again.

I guess it was all in my mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 5.6K 60
𝖘𝖊𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖑 𝖙𝖔 '𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖆' ❝Show me your scars," He said. "But...why?" She asked quizzically, she was covered in bruises and felt intimidated...
31.5K 1.2K 35
[●~COMPLETED~●] Jimin and Rosé broke up.. And Rosé lost her memories due to car accident.. present.. Rosé was about to fall but luckily, Jimin caught...
5K 449 12
...Your love was what made me complete... "it's a mistake to love someone like me..." "If it's so wrong.... I dont want to be right" ....I didnt real...
5.2K 203 13
A curtain meant to cover the light. The curtain closes, and night begins. Dark and wild things start to happen behind the curtain. Some good, some ba...