Stay with me

By iliqblack

This story is about hope and devotion. About loyalty to yourself and your feelings. About true friendship and... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 When dreams come true
Chapter 2 - When dreams come true. Omer
Chapter 3 - Bring back life
Chapter 4 Reach the Heart
Chapter 5 - How to bring back happiness
Chapter 6 Give me a chance
Chapter 7 - Let the Past Go to Hell
Chapter 8 - Farewell
Chapter 9 Loneliness
Chapter 10 Confrontation
Chapter 11 - I choose you
Chapter 12 I love
Chapter 13 Theorems and Axioms
Chapter 14 - Why?
Chapter 15 - While I'm breathing!
Chapter 16 - The Road to Happiness
Chapter 17 - Day of Open Hearts
Chapter 18 - Dreams
Chapter 19 - Jackals and Falcons
Chapter 20 - Life goes on
Chapter 21 - Healing
Chapter 22 - You are the Best!
Chapter 23 - Fulfillment of desires
Chapter 24 - A roller coaster
Chapter 25 - Endless love
Chapter 26 - Angels and Demons
Chapter 27 - Prelude to the miracle
Chapter 28 - A Miracle
Chapter 29 Light and Darkness
Chapter 30 - Think About Me
Chapter 31 - Windows
Chapter 32 - Above the clouds
Chapter 33 - Old Secrets, New Hopes
Chapter 34 - Redemption
Chapter 35 Fate
Chapter 36 - Loved ones are always forgiven
Chapter 37 - We will call her Emine
Chapter 38 - Because of you
Chapter 39 - Sapphire's birthday
Chapter 40 - Necklace of fiery opals
Chapter 41 - Paradise Island
Chapter 42 - Happiness in the hands
Chapter 43 - At the edge of the abyss
Chapter 44 - Storm in Paradise
Chapter 45 - Kinship not by blood or cuckoo and Madonna
Chapter 46 - Serpent in paradise
Chapter 47 - You are my breath
Chapter 48 Time for Change
Chapter 49 - You are my medicine
Chapter 50 - Angels on guard
Chapter 51 - Doubt
Chapter 52 - Love and pride
Chapter 53 - Watchful eye
Chapter 54 - We are crazy
Chapter 55 - Big tragedies and small mischief
Chapter 56 - Exposure
Chapter 57 - Trust
Chapter 58 - Treachery
Chapter 59 - I love you, Mom
Chapter 60 Surprises - pleasant and not so
Chapter 61 - Turn upside down
Chapter 62 - Dreams Come True
Chapter 63 - Best Day of Life
Chapter 64 - I will be with you
Chapter 65 - What the coming day tells us
Chapter 66 - Almost a detective story
Chapter 67 - A Miracle is born
Chapter 68 - Emine Diana Iplikci
Chapter 69 - The Gift
Chapter 70 - How happiness begins
Chapter 71 - Prophetic dream
Chapter 72 - A stranger
Chapter 73 - Such different fathers
Chapter 74 - One for all and all for one!
Chapter 75 - And in sorrow and joy
Chapter 76 - Wolf Laws
Chapter 77 - Playing without rules
Chapter 78 - Through hardship to the stars
Chapter 79 - Blood relationship
Chapter 80 - God works in mysterious ways
Chapter 81 - Epilogue
Note from the writer Marina Victoria
84 Taming the stubborn ( Тhe story of Jansu and Niko)
85 Taming the stubborn
86 Taming the stubborn
87 Taming the stubborn
88 Taming the stubborn
90 Taming the stubborn
91 Taming the stubborn
92 Taming the stubborn
93 Taming the stubborn
94 Taming the stubborn
95 Taming the stubborn
96 Taming the stubborn
97 Taming the stubborn
98 Taming the stubborn

89 Taming the stubborn

364 31 9
By iliqblack

Tension hung in the air. The unpredictable man felt it on his skin. Niko slowly walked to the terrace, mentally preparing himself for any scenario. After all, the owners of the house now know who he is to Jansu. They may ask him to leave.

Niko was intercepted by the birthday girl. Emine Diana, showing her grandfather's gift to her friends, left them to examine the electric car, and she rushed to the guest.

"Niko!" she exclaimed happily. "You came!"

"Certainly. How could I not have come, having received an invitation from a real princess?" he replied.

Squatting down, Niko Bianco handed Emine a gift. She stared with admiring eyes at the colorful package and asked, "Is that for me?"

"And isn't your birthday today?" Niko asked in response.

"I have!" Emine exclaimed happily. Taking the gift, she instantly tore open the package and, seeing the contents, shouted enthusiastically, "Mom! Dad! Look! Niko gave me a real painting kit!"

The parents approached their birthday girl and her guest.

"Bead," Omer turned to his daughter, "do you remember that it is not customary to call the elders by their first names? You must say - Mr. Niko."

Emine, clutching the gift with one hand to her chest, took the guest's hand with the other and answered her father, "Niko is not that old. And he is my friend!"

"Emine is right," stood up for the little girl Niko. "I always insist that friends call me by name, without boring 'Mr'."

"Right!" Emine supported him and, throwing up a laughing face, suggested, "Come on, I'll introduce you to everyone. And then we'll sit down at the table! Zehra has already covered. She, Grandmother Turkan, and Mom prepared so many delicious things! You will sit next to Jansu. She is my auntie, but I don't call her Aunt, because Jansu doesn't look like one at all. And here she is! Next to her is my Grandfather Ozcan. Jansu, Grandpa, do you know Niko?"

Emine's spontaneous chatter smoothed out the situation. Ozcan Baisal, although he looked his former son-in-law in the eyes sternly, spoke quite cordially, "Yes, my soul," he answered his granddaughter. "We are familiar with your new friend. Hello Niko!" He turned to the man.

"Mr. Ozcan, Jansu, glad to see you," said Niko.

"Oh really?" Unable to bear it, Mr. Baisal quipped.

Emine looked at her grandfather curiously. The box, which was almost larger than herself, began to slip out of her hands. Jansu grabbed it and turned to her niece, "Emine, let's go, we will take your gift to the house."

"Just don't delay!" Defne asked. "The food is getting cold."

"Okay, Mommy," Emine promised. Chatting merrily, she pulled Jansu into the house.

Defne glanced at her father, in which he read nervousness. He closed his eyes slightly, promising her that he would behave with restraint. Her face relaxed. Reassured, she went to check the table setting.

Ozcan Baisal came closer to Niko.

"Why did you come to Istanbul?" he asked quietly, but firmly.

"To establish a partnership with Defne and Omer Iplikci," Niko replied.

"If you offend Jansu - I will crush you," Without raising his voice and smiling sweetly, Baisal threatened.

Niko only smiled faintly with an ironic, crooked smile. Four years later, he's not the cornered guy anymore. Now he can destroy anyone.

By the time the hungry, cheerful, and colorful company sat down at the table, they managed to introduce Niko to all the guests. He was received good-naturedly and affably, - as if they had known him all his life. He did not admit it to himself, but he was pleased. The merry company, jokes, laughter, the ability to disconnect from problems, and a beautiful girl are nearby. What else do you need to feel satisfied within life?

Niko's place at the table was indeed next to Jansu. On the other side of him sat a pretty, young girl with dark hair and olive eyes. She was introduced to Niko as Esra, the younger sister of Defne Iplikci by her mother. The girl was lively and funny, managing to exchange jokes with the dozen relatives and friends sitting at the table.

"Where did the handsome Mert disappear?" asked the brunette with an earring in her nose, whose name was Nihan. Niko recalled that she was Defne's sister-in-law and her best friend. "How did he leave his girls unattended?"

Niko has become all ears. Mert. This is how Jansu introduced the young Alain Delon.

"Mert went to Rome for an internship," Esra announced loudly. "For a year."

"Holy moly," drawled the brunette. "The boy will be gone for a whole year."

Niko was overjoyed. The opponent left the race and will not get in the way, and he will stop burning with jealousy and rage, presenting him next to Jansu. Niko leaned over to her and quietly, but with a grain of malice, said in her ear, "Are you left alone?"

She threw a prickly glance at him and answered no less sarcastically, "The twenty-first century in the yard. There are phones, video communication, and regular flights from Istanbul to Rome. Don't worry, I won't be lonely."

Niko leaned even lower and a hoarse note appeared in his voice, "I'm not worried, Princess. After all, handsome Alain Delon is not the only one who can allay your boredom."

Jansu, who at that moment took a sip of lemonade, choked and coughed. Niko tapped her carefully on the back.

"Alain ... who?" she asked and laughed. "Damn it, but he looks like! Mert will love your nickname. He loves old French films."

"I'm overjoyed," Niko muttered sarcastically.

This devil knows how to bring it to the boiling point!

And the devil girl turned away from him and spoke to Mrs. Turkan, an old woman who looked like a sultana.

"Grandma Turkan, how is your health?"

"Great, honey!" she answered. "I'll nurse a dozen more great-grandchildren. Your baby will also be among them," she reminded edifyingly, wagging her finger.

"Of course, my Sultana!" Sang Jansu.

The usual answer, but Niko's soul rattled. The thought that Jansu might have a child from another man darkened his eyes. He looked down at the plate and, furiously, stuck his fork into the sarma bundle.

Having risen from the table, the guests were divided into groups. Niko did not join any of them. He sat down on the steps of the terrace and watched Jansu from the side. She played with the children, was completely absorbed in this activity, and seemed very happy. A huge St. Bernard approached Niko. Sitting down next to him, it trustingly laid his shaggy head on his lap and looked with phlegmatic, sad eyes. Niko patted his ear and said, "Hello buddy!"

"Its name is Kid," a clear voice sounded like a bell. Emine Diana sat down on the step next to Niko. He looked at the dog in surprise, then, incredulously, at the girl and asked again, "Kid?"

"Uh-huh," she said. "Mom called it that when he first appeared with us and was still a puppy. But I don't remember that. I was very little then."

"Your mom has a good sense of humor," Niko said, stroking the thick dog's fur.

"And Jansu too," said the girl. "This is hereditary. From Grandfather Ozcan."

Such a profound statement could not fail to bring a smile. And Niko smiled. He smiled lightly and sincerely. It was this smile that Jansu noticed. Again it turned her soul over and made her wish ... but what, Jansu did not dare to admit even to herself.

And then Niko looked at her. Glances met and for a moment, so short and infinitely long, both fell out of reality. Space, time, everything has disappeared, except for each other's eyes.

This look did not escape Emine Diana. Raising a dark red eyebrow, she looked closely at Jansu, then at Niko, smiled slyly, and asked him, "Do you have a crush on Jansu?"

Niko woke up and looked sideways in embarrassment. What kind of carelessness? Behaves like a boy in love.

"So did you or didn't you?" sought an answer Emine.

Niko sighed and answered evasively, "Jansu is a very beautiful girl."

"So marry her!" the little girl offered innocently.

Niko gasped for air and coughed. Emine Diana tapped him on the back with her fist.

"Thank you," he said. She did not react in any way to his gratitude, continuing to look expectantly into his face. Niko realized that there was no way to avoid an answer. "But she has a boyfriend," he said.

Emine widened her eyes and exclaimed, "Boyfriend? Who? Jansu?" She laughed. "And who told you such nonsense?"

"No?" Niko asked cautiously.

"Of course not!" Emine said confidently.

Niko gave Jansu a suspicious look. She spoke to Laura, a woman Niko had known since childhood. A former Countess, she left Italy and went to Istanbul at the behest of her heart. Here she found everything - love, family, friends ... children. A dark, curly-haired boy and a blond, blue-eyed girl clung to her on both sides. Laura hugged them and said something to Jansu. She laughed. Niko watched her, wondering if she could be lying about a non-existent boyfriend or not. And he concluded that she could. She wanted to get rid of her ex-husband most simply. Niko narrowed his eyes and mentally addressed her, "You offend me, my love! And the truth was you thought I was going to back down? How naive of you! "

He turned his gaze to Emine Diana and winked at her. She tilted her head to one side and winked conspiratorially in response. Niko got up and walked over to Jansu. Emine crossed her arms over her chest and confidently informed Kid, "There will be a wedding!"

Jansu was notified of Niko's presence by a tingling sensation in the back of her head. She wanted to look around, but she restrained the urge. She didn't want him to guess about those feelings that got out of control and rebel in her chest. Niko came to a stop so close that his shoulder was touching her shoulder. But he spoke not to her, but Laura.

"You look wonderful! Istanbul is good for you."

Laura smiled, patted the curls of the children, and replied, "Happiness is the best makeup. And I'm happy!"

"You don't appear in Italy at all. Why?" Niko asked her.

"Yes, it's my fault." Laura didn't take offense to his curiosity. "We are postponing the trip. Now one thing, now another. But the children have grown up, and it would be time to show them their second homeland. After all, they are half Italians. Yes, and I want to visit my mother's grave."

"And your relatives?" asked Niko. "Don't you want to visit your relatives? How long have you not seen them? Five, six years? I have crossed paths with Leon. He is still studying at the university, - but is trying to take over the management of the company. He's good at it."

"I have no doubt," Laura said with a soft smile. "Leon has always been a smart boy. He is the only one I miss in Italy."

"Laura!" called her friend Defne. "It's time to bring out the cake!"

"Cake!" The kids were delighted and rushed to the birthday girl shouting, "Emine! Now they will take out the cake! The one that our mom made!"

"I beg your pardon," Laura apologized to Niko and Jansu. "I have to get down to business. The cake for Princess Emine Diana still needs a finishing touch."

She left, and Jansu whispered indignantly, "What a thick-skinned log you are! How can you ask such questions? It hurts Laura to remember her heartless relatives and her life in Italy. And you sprinkle salt on the wound! "

She scolded him so passionately, so sincerely empathized with Laura that Niko, unexpectedly for himself, got angry and mentally reproached her, "Why haven't you been so kind to me? Why didn't you show compassion? Why did you leave me? "

"They're not all heartless," he muttered aloud. "Leon is her brother, and for the guy is no easier now than it was for Laura. He needs his sister and her support. And she needs to know about it. Whatever the family, it remains a family. Relatives are not chosen and are not abandoned."

Jansu dropped her eyes and became quiet. Niko said things that she had never thought about before, did not see them from the side from which he saw. But then, four years ago, Niko tried to save his family. You can't blame him for that.

"For that, no," she reminded herself harshly. "But for lying to you, for being with you only for the sake of money - there is no forgiveness for this and cannot be!"

"Are you sure he was with you just for the money?" flashed a thought.

Jansu looked up at Niкo with a wistful look. He looked at her and from his gaze wanted to cry ... Or throw herself on his neck.

Ozcan Baisal watched his daughter and her ex-husband from the side. There was a sparkle between them and the attraction was palpable, like the heat of a fire. Ozcan was tormented by doubts - whether to fly to Izmir today, or stay and, as usual, rush to settle the reasons that might upset his daughter.

"Enough already!" shouted an inner voice. "You have made Jansu miserable! If you hadn't put pressure on Niko, if you hadn't given an ultimatum, he would have paid off his debts and come to her with an open heart. Yes, it would take time, but there would be no lie. And you wanted your daughter, as always, to get what she wants immediately. And here's the result ... Leave the young people alone! Let them figure out their problems and solve them! "

Ozcan did not suppress his inner voice. For the first time in his life, he admitted that he was right and agreed with him. Well, it's decided! He's going back to Izmir!

Blowing out the candles on the cake turned into a whole performance, the central figure of which was Emine Diana. They clapped and showered her with wishes. Koray photographed from different angles, - while managing to sing odes to the beauty and photogenicity of his birthday princess. And the princess happily posed for him until Defne gently reminded her, "Bead, candles will burn out soon. Make a wish and blow them out faster!"

The birthday girl patted her lips with her index finger and held out, "What should I wish for?"

Shooting a sly glance at Jansu and Niko, she smiled and, taking a full chest of air, blew hard on the candles.

Jansu drove her father to the airport and returned home. It was the maid's day off. The house was dark, deserted, and quiet. Stopping in the middle of the hall, Jansu closed her eyes and keenly felt her loneliness. Silence pressed on her temples. It was depressing. There was a stone as big as a continent on her heart.
Dropping her high-heeled shoes at the base of the stairs, she staggered barefoot to her room, feeling the only urge to curl up on the bed and cry.

But the desire was not destined to come true. As soon as Jansu crossed the threshold of her room, the phone rang. Wondering who it might be, she fished it out of her purse and looked at the screen. Niko. Oh, Allah! What else does he want?

"I'm listening," she said rather impolitely.

"Are you upset about something?" Niko asked.

"No, I'm just tired," She lied. "The week has been too hectic."

"And how do you fix it?" asked Niko.

"By merging with nature," she joked sadly.

"So what's the problem?" Niko wondered. "We can sail to the islands tomorrow. The two of us. We'll take a boat, I'll take the wheel. There will be no one else but us, the islands and the sea. I promise I won't be noisy and fussy," he finished his speech a little mockingly.

Jansu did not understand him. She didn't understand at all. Why does he need all this?

"Niko, what do you want to achieve?" she asked wearily.

"I want you to rest and gain strength," he answered without hesitation.

"Why?" Her voice vibrated. "Why do you want it?"

He was silent for a few seconds, and then answered, and from the hoarseness in his voice, butterflies in Jansu's stomach fluttered.

"I'll tell you. But not now. Tomorrow. On the island." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

925K 56.6K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
503K 14.4K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
342K 11.1K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
125K 5.1K 93
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...