Encanto? (Camilo x Reader)

By Quin_kun7

Cover by @ivoryjade_ What will happen when your father/mother sends you to a magical village in Colombia? And... More

Madrigal
Camilo Madrigal
Feelings
Secrets
Family
Casita
Casita Pt. 2
Sweet Words
(I'm Your Dad/mom Now<3)
Reflection
Carlos
Fear
Truth
The Saving

Love

60.1K 1.9K 12.6K
By Quin_kun7

By now you and Camilo were out of town even if not too much, you had no idea where it was taking you but you trusted him so you didnt object when you started to enter the vegetation.

After moving yet another leaf from the path, however, you sighed.

"Camilo where are we going? We've been walking for a while now" you said, jumping over yet another branch.

The boy said nothing as he turned to you and took your hand smiling.

"we're almost there" said the boy, dragging you behind him.

You smiled slightly rolling your eyes.

---------------

It had been 5 minutes before the boy stopped and turned towards you, you made a confused face at the gesture.

"okay now you have to close your eyes"

"what?" you answered confused as you saw Camilo put his hands over your eyes.

"okay okay, as long as you don't make me go against a tree" you said laughing as Camilo dragged you until he stopped.

"okay now you can open your eyes"
And as soon as you opened them you found yourself in front of a beutiful place.

"Camilo is wonderful ... How did you find this place?"

You said as you and Camilo sat down leaning against the tree.

"when I was little I stayed out longer than I had  because I wanted to catch a beautiful butterfly, I stayed here for a while until Dolores and mama came for me.
Since then its like a secret place "

He said as he allowed a firefly to circle around him.

You could not stop looking at him, it was as if that firefly was in tune with the boy, and seeing Camilo following that little insect with sparkling eyes had made you do a blackflip to youre heart.

Unwittingly, a smile invaded you, without even thinking about it you approached while cautions, before you rested your head on the boy's shoulder.

Nothing happend for some seconds but then but after a few seconds you felt the shoulder you were resting on relax.

after a while you felt a weight on your head.

Camilo had placed his head on yours in turn, you laughed slightly at the gesture.

"hei it's not right copying my moves" you replied rolling your eyes to the sky giving a light blow with your foot to the boy's leg.

"well if you put it like this-"

It then turned into you

"like this it's as you made it" he replied, sitting up better and pulling his hair back.

"Well now you've copied me so it's not true" you replied crossing your arms with an amused look.

-----------------------

It had been some time and you and Camilo have continued to talk together.

You had laughed and joked while Camilo transformed into more people or while you were playing little games like little children.

Once your laughter subsided you were totally leaning against the tree, and a comfortable silence surrounded you two.

Unwittingly, the image of your father / mother appeared in your head (if you do not have a good relationship with your parents, I will be your father / mother <3) and an air of sadness has you in the jar.

'why now....'

You sighed as Camilo detected your discomfort.

"hey are you all right?" he asked, gently stroking his head.

You just closed your eyes with a sigh before looking him straight in the eye.

"yeah ... I just miss my dad / mom, but nothing serious really" you said fixing him a little smile.

Camilo stood looking at you for a good minute before standing up and addressing you.

"do you have a photo of them?"

You didn't say anything and started looking in your pants pocket before handing the guy a picture of you and your dad / mom.

He looked at them carefully before turning around and ...

You had your dad / mom right in front of you. (sorry if this makes u uncomfortable)

"I know you want to make me feel better, and thank you" you said as you held his hands lovingly as he returned to his usual shape.

"but you don't need to become someone else to make me happy, yes I miss them though ... But I have you here now, and I don't want to ruin this day for some sad thought" and immediately you made your eyes meet.

You wanted to let him know that you liked him for who he was, and not for a simple gift, and that he didn't needed to change himself to make ppl like him.

(I don't remember who gave me the idea and I can't find the dm, but for this part of the ff 'where Camilo explain the pain his gift caused him' its not mine)

----

Camilo was stunned for a few seconds, he was always afraid of not being appreciated for who he really was, and he had trouble understanding who he was sometimes, but those words ... Those few words you had said made him take a weight off his shoulders by when he had received that gift.

Immediately the boy put his hand on his heart as he tried to slow the beat, he was really happy right now.

Once she took a deep breath she looked at you again, while you were instead confused by her expression and gestures.

"I understand ... I'm happy to know" he said smiling with his eyes closed.

His smile was everything.

And as instinct you hugged the boy in your arms, Camilo immediately returned the squeeze and a warmth feeling invaded you in contrast to the fresh air of the evening that had arrived.

A feeling of protection made you wish that contact would never end.

-----------------

"Better go back now, it's getting late," Camilo said breaking off contact, which made you want PEPA to make the day again, but you didn't object as you nodded to the boy.

After a while you returned to the village and you could see people cleaning up from the festivities of the day, you greeted some of the inhabitants before returning to Casita as it was almost dinner time.

But as soon as you entered the house you saw Julieta, Pepa and Dolores smiling to each other, perhaps maybe too much.

You broke away from Camilo before approaching the 3 but Dolores immediately heard you giving a little nudge to the two other women who immediately began to behave differently.

"what happens?" you said suspiciously looking at the 3 but no one crossed your eyes as they tried not to laugh, especially Pepa with her rainbow abive her head.

They then looked at each other before Dolores and Pepa grabbed you by the arms and dragged you away.

Pepa then turned to the confused Camilo who was observing the scene from afar.

"DON'T WORRY HIJO WE WILL BRING THEM BACK IMMEDIATELY"

and then you were dragged into the kitchen where a delicious smell invaded you.

'Julieta must have already made dinner' you thought as you leaned against the table looking at the people who had practically kidnapped you.

"ok then .... What's going on?" you said by crossing your arms.

You weren't long in receiving an answer.

The first to speak was Pepa.

"How did it go with mi hijo? Everyone in town is talking about you two, AAAH I KNEW YOU TWO WOULD BE GREAT TOGETHER, oh my god we have to celebrate-"

"WOAH WOAH stop one second, what the hell are you talking about" you said as you felt your face go up in flames.

'what is happening'

"How you don't know? Of you and Camilo of course-"

"WOAH I think we have a little misunderstanding here, Camilo and I are not together and it was just an outing like... friends ... I think" you said looking back on the day.

Julieta then walked over to you with a gentle hand on your shoulder.

"dear everyone knows how you look at each other, and we know how important you are to each other, you are the only one missing to understand it" she replied while giving you a little hug.

then dolores came forward and gently took your hands.

"and what you said to him.... I know for sure made him happier than anything else" the girl said looking at you as if relieved.

It didn't take you long to make 2 + 2.

"HEI DON'T TELL ME YOU'VE LISTEN TO US ALL THE TIME-" your heart felt like it was about to explode with embarrassment.

"Well I can hear everything" she replied, laughing at your reaction.

You laughed too even though you were still embarrassed, but you stayed a second to think.

You loved Camilo .... A lot, but did you love him up to THAT point?

...

Yes, he had become one of the most important people for you, and thinking of not having him by your side made you shiver of fear, you could not imagine being without the boy.

You sighed.

"you are right... I like Camilo"

You said and in less than 2 seconds you were surrounded by a bone-breaking hug from Pepa while Dolores and Julieta laughed.

"AWW FINALLY!"

"mama you will suffocate them if you continue like this" dolores said seeing your difficulty in breathing until the woman's arms came off your neck.

You started laughing with them until a noise caught your attention, you turned to find Mirabel holding a vase that was about to fall.

"Mirabel?" you asked as you watched her in a cold sweat.

"Mirabel? Oh yes er I was passing through here eh .." she replied with a nervous laugh putting the vase back in its place, you didn't pay much attention to her behavior so you approached happily.

"you will never believe it but I have to tell you something and I need help so let's go" you said taking her by the arm and dragging her to your room.

"Dinner is almost ready remeber-" Julieta yelled before losing sight of you two.

But then she turned to dolores.

"should we tell them-"

"Well they'll find out themselfs" interrupted Pepa hugging her sister and laughing.

You were continuing to drag Mirabel until you arrived in your room, once inside you closed the door behind you and then turned to Mirabel.

"okay ehm, you know that today I went out with Camilo right?"

You responded as you could feel your cheeks starting to warm up.

"w-sure how I couldn't know" Mirabel replied playing nervously with her skirt, but you didn't notice.

"Well I think I understand that Camilo is something more to me ... But I'm not sure how to tell him"

You said as you put your hands on your hips thinking and looking for a way to confess your feelings to the boy.

"what do you mean by... Something more?" Mirabel asked even more surprised than you expected, but you haven't asked yourself questions , thinking it was a normal reaction.

"well, when I'm with him I feel like a better person, I would like to laugh with him all the time and just the thought of not having him in my life hurts me ... I don't know if I love him, also because it's a word with an important meaning ... But I know for sure that he is a person I want to have by my side "

You didn't even realize what you said and nervous you put a hand behind your head.

"sorry you'll think I'm weird-"

"not exactly ..." Mirabel replied as you could see her cheeks on fire, and now you were even more confused about her behavior.

"Mirabel, are you all right? Are you feeling bad? Do you want me to call Julieta?" you asked as you approached  and put your lips on her forehead to measure the fever (in Italy it's normal to measuring the temperature like this) but immediately Mirabel jumped backwards.

You were about to speak again as you were starting to get seriously worried but got interrupted by Julieta.

"GUYS DINNER IS READY" you did not even have time to turn around that Mirabel had already opened the door and had gone out at the speed of light.

'but what's the matter with her today'

You thought, shaking your head at your friend's strange behavior, and sad that in the end you weren't able to get a way to confess your feelings.

You tried to ignore it and went to dinner with all the others.

As soon as you got downstairs you said goodbye to Bruno who was helping to set the table with his rats (don't worry Bruno keeps his rats clean) and you wasted no time starting to help you too.

But you couldn't help but laugh to see Bruno try to teach his rats how to put cutlery.

And you were happy that he finally got his rightful place with his plate at the table.

Once you two finished setting the table, you saw Mirabel walk into the kitchen.

"Bruno, I'm going to help Julieta in the kitchen" you said as the man nodded smiling.

You made your way to the kitchen seeing Mirabel talking with his mon.

"Mirabel, why did you run away like that? If you were sick you could have told me" you whispered Mirabel who was talking to her mother.

But immediately the girl gave you a confused look.

"what do you mean?" she told you as she started to take the food and bring it to the table, which you did too.

" what, we were talking in my room, I asked you if you had a fever and you ran away" you said arranging as you put the food on the table.

"y / n I have no idea what you're talking about, I've been with Luisa all day and we just got back" the girl replied shrugging her shoulders, but you remained still near the table.

'what...' you thought panicking.

But As soon as you saw Luisa enter the dining room, you ran to her as if it were a matter of life or death.

"oh hei y / n what's up? -" she said but you immediately interrupted her in panic.

"Luisa, is it true that Mirabel has been with you all day?"

You asked her by taking her arms and shaking her slightly.

"uh yes, we have been in the fields to help, why are you asking?"

You didn't say anything as you walked out of the dining room and walked into the center of Casita and there he was.

Camilo was just leaving his room.

"CAMILO MADRIGAL"

You screamed making the guy jump on the spot who turned to reveal his red cheeks and as if there was no tomorrow he started running away.

'YOU MOTHER-"

You thought before starting a real chase.

"BACK HERE IMMEDIATELY"

'now or never'

By now you understood that Mirabel was not the person you spoke to but Camilo, and yes, you were excited but also nervous.

But now the damage was done.

"Casita let me get up there fast"

Camilo had too much advantage as he could grow up/change shape and escape easily, so you had to find another way.

Right away the house tiles created a staircase that you quickly climbed up.

"THIS IS CHEATING" you heard the boy scream as he ran faster seeing you.

You ignored him as Casita made you land practically in front of him, he immediately tried to escape back but a series of furniture prevented him.

"TRAITOR!" he screamed the boy at the house while casita was blocking the passage.

You didn't say anything as you approached the boy while he tried in every way not to meet your gaze.

You stopped a few meters from him before sighing.

"I know it was you today"

No reply

"I know the person I spoke to was not Mirabel" you said crossing your arms.

The boy looked at you worried.

"are you angry?"

"no" you replied immediately.

A silence filled the air as he watched you.

"Camilo" you attracted the boy's attention by interrupting the restless atmosphere that had been created.

"I want to know if you feel the same"

'He already know it, so why keeping it a secret'

You thought staying in the same position but looking down slightly at the floor.

Silence is the only thing that filled the air again while you waited for an answer.

But the more time passed and the more your heart hurt, you wanted to hope that he felt the same but this silence was only making you lose hope.

You were unwittingly squeezing your arms so tightly that there probably would have been the mark left.

"if you don't feel the same I underst-"

You were interrupted by some hands gently holding your face, you looked up to meet Camilo's eyes.

"Camil-"

But you were immediately interrupted.

A joy and warmth sensation new to you had invaded you as you dropped your arms to your sides.

Camilo was kissing you.

Guys I need to ask all of you to not spam asking whrn the next chapter will be posted, i always try to post even in hard days so I hope u all will understand my request and these days were really... Intense for me, but besides that, I hope u all liked this chapter and sorry for the wait<3

BTW I will try to post at least 1 chapter for week<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26K 378 14
la familia madrigal ! encanto oc x oc under editing.
125K 2.9K 20
Camilo x Fem!Reader "You know...you don't always have to pretend to be someone you're not. There's nothing wrong with being who you really are." "Wh...
78.7K 1.2K 34
New girl in town? Y/n Perez just moved to Colombia from the Philippines. Lives in a town called 'Encanto', she and her family has heard about the mad...
28.8K 1K 50
You just moved to the village and honestly, you loved it there. But then, things start happening. Not necessarily bad things but they sure weren't wh...