Jasper x Fem! Reader (NOT FIN...

By DearCher

A Jasper x Reader fan-fiction I can't say I know where this story will go...but I do hope you guys enjoy it... More

Chapter 1: The Object
Chapter 2: The Gem
Author's Note
Chapter 3: The Encounter
Chapter 4: The Name
Author's Note #2
Chapter 5: The Secret
Chapter 6: The Blossoming
100 Views!
Chapter 7: The Trip
Chapter 8: The Mother
Chapter 9: The Backstory
Chapter 10: The Breakfast
Author's Note #3
Chapter 11: The Shopping Spree
Chapter 12: The Night Out
Chapter 13: The Way Home
500 Views!
Chapter 14: The Web
Chapter 15: The Period
Chapter 16: The Lighthouse
Chapter 17: The Cave
1K Views!
Chapter 18: The Friend
Chapter 19: The Second Mom
Chapter 20: The Rainy Day
Author's Note #4
Chapter 21: The Trip - Part Two
Chapter 22: The Party Planning
Author's Note #5
Chapter 23: The Fourth of July Party
Over 5K Views!
Chapter 24: The Stepping Stone
Author's Note #6
Chapter 25: First Words
Chapter 26: A Second Kiss
Chapter 27: Three Is A Crowd
Author's Note #7
Chapter 28: Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 29: Shady Storm Clouds
10K Views!
Chapter 30: Lighting Strikes
Chapter 31: Flash Flood Warning
Chapter 32: Weather Forecast: Thunderstorm
Chapter 33: Denial
Chapter 34: Pain and Guilt
Chapter 35: Anger and Bargaining
15K Views!
Chapter 36: Depression
20K Views!
Chapter 37: An Upward Turn
Chapter 38: Turkey Day
Chapter 39: Reconstruction and Working Through
Chapter 40: Acceptance and Hope
Author's Note #8 and over 30K Views!
Chapter 41: PTSD
Chapter 42: Dreams Becoming Reality
Chapter 43: Space Exploration (First Mission)
Chapter 44: Mother Knows Best
Chapter 45: Mind Games
Chapter 47: Home World
Chapter 48: Visitors
Author's Note #8

Chapter 46: Space Exploration (Second Mission [?])

2.2K 48 16
By DearCher

You sighed heavily as you put the last dish you had washed into the rack, wiping your hands on the towel slung over your shoulder. It had been almost a month since you had spoken to Garnet about Jasper's "glowing" problem. You chuckled, shaking your head as you inhale through your nose. You tossed the drying towel onto the counter, resting your elbows against the surface. I can't believe it's been over a year now since I met Jasper... A small smile rested over your lips as you stared out your screendoor at the sand. You could faintly see you and Jasper sitting on the patio talking, Storm in the sand in front of the two of you. When you blinked, another scene flashed before your eyes of you and the gem sparring. Jasper pinned you to the ground, her foot on your chest and hand pinning yours above your head. She smirked, looking down at you before turning her head, looking directly at you through the door. You gasped, taken aback by her behavior. The quartz made her way up the patio steps and towards you. You straightened your posture, about to speak to her, but she turned to dust right before your eyes. You gasped again upon feeling something cold against your calf, only to look down and see Sarge. You smiled at your dog, scratching behind his ears. I must have dozed off or something... Sarge huffed, gaining your attention. You laughed at his facial expression, pushing your (h/c) away from your forehead. "I am a bit distracted, aren't I?" Your puppy whined, shaking, his collar clattering against itself. "Maybe I should go and get some coffee", you mused as you stood up, going to the door to fetch your shoes. You grabbed Sarge's leash and your keys, whistling for him as you unlocked and opened the door. He came trotting over, allowing you to put on his leash. You then walked outside, breathing in the salty, sea air. You locked the front door behind you, stepping onto the warm sand. "Come on, boy", you said, gently pulling on Sarge's leash. He walked beside you down the beach, his tail wagging upon seeing the Big Donut. You giggled, looking down at him as you approached the door. When you looked back up, you quickly stopped in your tracks, almost running into a teenage boy with dark hair. "Oh! I'm sorry." He turned to look at you, his shades glistening.
"No worries", he said with a gentle smile, holding the door open for you. You gave him a smile back, walking over the threshold. You saw Steven sitting on a stool in front of the counter, a pumpkin-shaped...something in front of him.
"B-B-B-Buck Dewey", Lars stuttered, quickly taking the pumpkin dish off of the counter.
"Hey, Steven", you called, letting go of Sarge's leash to get your coffee. Your puppy ran over to the curly-haired boy, placing his front paws on his lap. Steven giggled, petting him.
"Hey, (y/n)! Hey, Buck!"
"Hey, Steven. Hey, doughnut kids", you heard Buck say as he stopped in front of the counter, hands in his pockets. You chuckled at his greeting to Sadie and Lars, turning to face the coffee pot and styrofoam cups.
"Hi, Buck! What's up? How's it going? What'll it be", Lars said loudly, his voice kind of high-pitched. The words came out of his mouth so quickly, you couldn't help but look over at the counter as you poured your coffee into a cup.
"I want to order...you—to come to dinner. Me, Jenny, and Sour Cream are having a potluck. You know? Like parents do. Except we'll be doing it. All three of you should come. You should bring some food because that's what you do at a potluck. It's so funny", Buck said, his voice as soft as usual. Lars laughed anxiously, visibly sweating. You chuckled, putting a cap on your coffee after you had finished preparing it the way you liked.
"That is funny, Buck! It sounds great! Supa cool! Can't wait! Bingo Bongo", Lars said, making gun hands.
"Cool", Buck replied with a light smile, walking out of the Big Donut. You approached the counter as soon as the door closed, shaking your head when Lars began to groan loudly, his hands covering his face.
"'Bingo bongo'? Where did I even learn that", the teenager shouted, obviously distraught.
"Yeah! Bingo bongo", Steven said excitedly, throwing his hands in the air. "This is gonna be great!" Sarge's tail wagged in reaction to Steven's excitement, gently hitting your leg.
"Hey, yeah, this is perfect! You won't believe us when we say we like your cooking, but you'll have to believe it when it's coming from Buck", Sadie added, looking over at her coworker. Lars closed his eyes, slowly sinking until his face was pressed against the counter. "Uh...Lars?"
"I'm not going", he mumbled, not even sitting up.
"What? Y-You just got invited to a party with the cool kids", the blonde shouted. "Isn't that what you've always wanted? If anyone shouldn't go, it's me...but they know you. They like you!"
"Nuh-uh. Nobody knows me", Lars said, sitting up slightly and looking at Sadie, "And nobody knows I can bake."
"Well...I do. And he does", she said, gesturing at Steven. "And (y/n) knows now too!" Sarge barked, nuzzling against Steven. The young teen laughed, petting the black dog in front of him.
"Sarge knows too", he said with a chuckle. "Lars, you should make this your big debut!"
"Well...", Lars groaned, "then it has to be perfect." You sipped your coffee, nodding slowly as everyone stared at you.
"Oh! I'm sorry, (y/n), would you like to order anything by chance", Sadie asked, pushing herself off of the counter.
"Oh, by all means, don't apologize", you said with a chuckle. "This was all very entertaining. But, yes, I would like a hotdog for Sarge, and a few glazed donuts for myself." Sadie nodded once, turning around to bag your items.
"Hey! (Y/n), you should come to the potluck with us! I'm sure Buck wouldn't mind", Steven said, smushing Sarge's face in his hands. You giggled, taking your paper bag from Sadie, and unzipping your mini-wallet on your keyring.
"I think I'm a little too old to invite myself to the potluck Buck is throwing with Jenny and Sourcream. I'm not a teenager anymore, Steven", you explained, handing Sadie your card.
"Wait, really", Lars asked, resting his hand against his cheek. You laughed, taking your card back from the blonde girl and putting it away.
"How old do you think I am, Lars?" He blushed, scratching the back of his head. You smirked, leaning slightly against the counter.
"Well, uh...I kind of assumed you were maybe nineteen."
"That is terribly sweet..."
"How old are you then, (y/n)", Sadie asked curiously.
"Twenty-four", you replied, petting Sarge's head. He had pushed himself off of Steven and put his front paws on the counter. He sniffed the bag with your donuts in it, trying to grab it. You grabbed his collar, pulling on it gently to grab his attention. Your puppy huffed, whining.
"Twenty-four...", you heard Steven gently question. The young teen then gasped loudly, slapping his hands against his cheeks. "Oh no! Did I miss your birthday?!" You chuckled, ruffling his hair.
"I think you were with Lapis and Peridot that day. Trying to work things out with another gem or something."
"That still doesn't excuse the fact that I missed it", Steven pouted, slouching on the stool.
"It's fine, Steven", you said with a light laugh. "I didn't celebrate anyway. There's always next year, bud." The half-gem crossed his arms and sighed, looking away from you. You exhaled through your nose, giving him a slight smile. "Have fun at the potluck, Steven. You too, guys", you said to Lars and Sadie before picking up Sarge's leash and walking towards the door. "Oh, and Lars?" He perked up when you called his name, looking up at you. "I'm sure whatever you make will be great." He smiled, rubbing the back of his neck.
"Thanks..."

*Present Day*

    You stretch, smacking your lips together softly. You had just woken up but hadn't opened your eyes just yet. "Good morning, Shortcake." Your (s/c-t) lips upturn slightly as you exhale through your nose. So it's one of those dreams...where you wake up but aren't actually awake.
    "Good morning, Captain. To what do I owe you for such an unexpected visit?" The quartz chuckles, shifting under the sheets beside you.
    "A kiss will suffice, human", she growls, making you giggle. You turn to your left, peeling open your (e/c) eyes. Jasper's amber orbs look back at you, glowing in the darkness. You run your fingers through her wavy, off-white hair, earning a hum from the gem. You smile, pressing a kiss to the gem in the middle of her face. The crystal was cold against your lips. You pull back to see it glowing, causing you to giggle at its reaction. Jasper was sporting a light blush, her lips fixed in a pout.
    "I guess your gem will never get used to stimulation", you say with a laugh. The quartz rolls her eyes, smirking at you.
    "You missed..." You gasp animatedly, grasping at your chest.
    "My apologies, Captain! You have to forgive me...I can be such a klutz sometimes. Permission to try again?" Jasper pressed her lips together, obviously trying to hold in a laugh. She then clears her throat, pressing a fist against her mouth.
    "Permission granted...", she says softly, caressing your face. The quartz soldier presses her thumb against your bottom lip, curling her fingers around the back of your neck. You gasp softly when she pulls you closer to her, leaning in. Instinctively, your (e/c) eyes close as your lips come in contact with Jasper's. You sigh softly, your shoulders relaxing. The quartz's lips upturn into a smirk. She then grabs your waist, pulling you on top of her. You scream quietly, giggling as you straddle her hips. She chuckles, looking up at you once you pull away from her. She sighs softly, her hands resting against your thighs.
    "What", you ask, moving a hand through your (h/l) hair.
    "You're beautiful." You blush, breaking eye contact with the gem.
    "Thank you...", you mumble, a silence falling over the two of you. You sigh heavily after a moment, looking back down at Jasper. "But seriously", you lean down, sliding up her torso and resting your forearms against her chest, "What are you doing here? I haven't been stressed at all lately. Everything has been...surprisingly quiet for the last week or so. So what's up?"
    "I—just wanted to see you." You raise a delicate eyebrow at the gem, narrowing your eyes at her. She keeps eye contact with you, but shifts under you uncomfortably.
    "You're lying."
    "I'm not!"
    "What do you know", you ask, sitting up and crossing your arms. "Tell me, or there will be consequences." The quartz raises her eyebrows, smirking at you.
    "What kinda consequences...?" You frown, wrapping your hand around her throat and squeezing. She groaned, biting her bottom lip as she looked at you through her eyelashes.
    "That kind. Now tell me, or I'll stop", you say in a low voice, your face inches from the gem's. You feel her swallow under your hand, shifting her weight on the bed.
    "I—", Jasper started before she pressed her lips together, stopping herself from talking.
    "I thought we said that we wouldn't hide things anymore?"
    "I never said that!"
    "It was an understood 'we won't hide anything from each other again'", you shouted, rolling your eyes. "Now tell me, quartz. I won't repeat myself again", you say, flexing your hand. Jasper groans, her legs bending up behind you.
    "I just had a bad feeling, is all...I swear. Quartz's honor. I wanted to make sure you were okay." You narrowed your eyes at her, humming.
    "Alright...I believe you", you say, releasing Jasper from your grip. She exhales, her fingers twitching against your thighs. You chuckle, cocking your head to the side. Your (e/c) eyes roam her face, seeing that her bottom lip was gently poked out in a pout. Her amber eyes were focused on your hands which were resting against her chest. "You really are kinky...aren't you, Captain?"
    "Wh-Why do you say that", she asks, clearing her throat. You give her a devilish grin, hooking your fingers under the hem of your tank top.

    You wake up with a start, gasping softly. You run a hand down your face, licking your lips. Holy shit... You giggle, covering your mouth and nose with both hands.
    Once you had calmed down, you took a deep breath in, blowing it out of your mouth. You then swing your legs out of bed, making your way into your bathroom to freshen up. You stare at yourself in the mirror, sighing when your eyes catch sight of the hickeys peppered across your (s/c-t) skin. You then turn on the water in the sink, waiting for a couple of minutes for the temperature to rise. You then splashed your face, wiping off excess water before pumping some of your face wash into your damp hand. You work the product into your skin, inhaling the citrus scent of it.
    Once you felt you were completely awake, you rinse your face with water again. You turn off the faucet, shaking your hands over the porcelain bowl to dry them. Running your hands through your hair, you turn to face the shower, walking over to it. You slide open the frosted, glass door, turning the knobs inside before leaving the bathroom. You hum as you search your drawers for underclothes, your eyebrows furrowing. I really need to do laundry. You sigh upon not finding anything, deciding that you were just going to have to go commando today. You begin to peel off your tank top, stopping in your tracks upon seeing Sarge in the hallway. He stretched, yawning before his amber eyes met your (e/c) ones. "Good morning, handsome", you said with a chuckle, squatting. He huffed, his tail wagging as he walked over to you. You giggle, rubbing his ears and back. "Don't try and act all tough, you know you like it when I call you handsome. Your tail gives it away", you whisper, smushing his face in your hands. Your puppy whines, rolling his eyes before plopping down on the carpet. You laugh, kissing his cold nose. "I'm going to go and shower though. You're welcome to sit right there, or go outside and play until I'm done." Sarge's tail hit the floor softly, making you smile. He's gonna go outside, you thought, walking into the bathroom again and closing the door behind you. You got undressed, left your clothes on the floor, and step into the shower. The water was warm, the steam immediately making your hair frizz up. You whistle softly as you bathed, your mind wandering to the interaction between you and Jasper the night before. I wonder if she'll even remember these when she comes back... You sigh, closing your eyes as you lean your forehead against the tile wall of the shower. If she comes back, you thought, shaking your head.
    When you had finished showering, you pat yourself dry and hang your towel back up. You then peek out of the bathroom into your bedroom, checking for Sarge. He didn't seem to be anywhere near, so you step out onto the carpet, and quickly walk to close your door. You then step over to your dresser, picking up your favorite lotion. You pop open the cap after shaking the bottle, squeezing some into your hand. You put the bottle back where it belongs, rubbing your hands together before working the lotion into your skin. You sigh, sliding one of your dresser drawers open. You take out a pair of bright, yellow sweatshorts and slide them over your legs. You then open a second drawer, pulling out a black tube top. You pull the fabric over your head, adjusting your clothes in the mirror. To finish off your look, you tie your (h/l) hair from your face and spritz yourself with perfume before walking out of your room. You trot down the stairs, glancing in the kitchen for Sarge. You notice he wasn't there either and shrug, going to the door for your shoes. You pull the pair of socks that were inside the shoe out, putting them on your feet. You then slip your feet into your white Forces, opening the front door. "Hey, Mr. Postman bring me a post!" Your eyes widen slightly at Steven who was kneeling on the ground, a huge smile on his face. You giggle, stepping off of your porch.
    "Sorry to break it to you, little man, but I'm not the postman."
    "Consarn it", Steven says, his smile faltering. "Still no Jamie..." You follow him around the rock that hid your house from his, spotting Sarge with Pearl and Garnet by the water.
    "Jamie didn't make any deliveries this morning", you question, stopping in front of the half-gem. He shakes his head, his curls bouncing from the action.
    "I don't understand. He's usually...so, punctual", Steven says before sighing.
    "Hey...", Amethyst says, giving the boy a soft look. "You shouldn't have to waste your whole day waiting for some thing in the mail." She then glances at the can in her hand, offering it to Steven. "Take this can of magic beans into town and trade it for a donut!" Your mouth falls open slightly as your stare at the purple quartz blankly.
    "You've been drinking...beans?"
    "Drinking", you repeat, scoffing slightly. "What the hell, Amy?"
    "They're good for the heart", she says with a shrug, still holding the can out to Steven. You shake your head, laughing lightly at her.
    "Unfortunately...I know from experience that The Big Donut does not accept magic beans as currency. But you'd still wait for Jamie while I got us some donuts", the young teen asks with anticipation.
    "Sure", Amethyst says, cracking open another can, "Why not? We'll hold down the fort while you're gone."
    "Amethyst! Steven! Look!", Pearl calls from behind you. You turn around, looking over at the pale gem. Your puppy was sitting beside her leg, his tail patting the sand. "Oh! And (y/n) too! We're building a tiny house...for crabs", she says excitedly. You giggle, covering your mouth at how cute the Crystal Gems could be. You watch Garnet place two crabs into the sandcastle, stepping back to look at them. "Oh! They like it." Sarge yawns, settling down next to the sandcastle. You chuckle, turning back to the youngest of the gems.
    "I'll come with, Steven. I'm pretty hungry too", you say, stuffing your hands in your pockets. He gives you a bright smile, turning to walk down the beach.
    "You could have a can of beans if you're hungry, (n/n)", the quartz offers.
    "No, thank you", you shout, following Steven.
    "Thanks, Amethyst!"
    "No prob! Just bring me back a bear claw", you hear the quartz shout from behind you. You followed a skipping half-gem down the beach, your hands in your pockets. You chuckle at his excitement, noticing a figure in the distance as you and Steven approach the Big Donut.
    "Good morning, Sour Cream", Steven greets, grabbing ahold of the railing surrounding the small patio on the concrete. You were still out on the sand, stopping in front of Sour Cream. "Putting on a big rave tonight?"
    "Oh...the flyers. No, it's Onion", the white-haired teen replies. You raise a(n) (h/c) eyebrow, putting out your hand to take the flyer from Onion's big brother.
    "What happened to him", you ask softly, looking at the paper.
    "He's been missing for a couple of days now", Sour cream answers after showing Steven the flyer from the top of the stack. The young teen jogs up to him, taking the piece of paper.     "My mom and Yellow-dad are starting to get worried. You guys haven't seen him around lately, have you?" You shake your head, making your way across the sand to sit on the concrete in front of you.
    "No," Steven answers, furrowing his thick eyebrows. "Have you checked his favorite hiding spot in the woods?"
    "Sure did", Sour Cream answers.
    "What about inside the vending machine at Funland?"
    "No luck", Sour Cream replies with a sigh. "Blew a dollar checking too."
    "What about that top-secret room inside your house", Steven asks, looking up at the older boy.
    "You mean his office", he asks, raising a thin eyebrow. "Of course." Steven hums in thought, placing a hand on his chin. "Meh. I'm sure he's fine. If he's anything like me when I was a kid then he's probably just...I dunno...raving in a friend's backyard." You smile softly at Sour Cream, looking back down at the flyer in your hand as he continued to speak to Steven. You look up when the young teen ran past you, turning your head so your eyes could follow him. He pulls on the front door of the food establishment, calling Lars and Sadie's names.
     "What's up, bud?"
    "Sour Cream just told me that the Big Donut is closed", Steven answers before making his way to the back of the building. You get up quickly and dust yourself off, following him. "They have to be here..." You hum, taking in your surroundings before you notice Steven twisting the doorknob on a metal door. "Open up! I...want...a donut!" The door then suddenly swings open, revealing Barb. You didn't know her very well, except that she was the 'mail lady' and Sadie's mother.
    "Hey, you tryna break in or somethin'", she asks, looking down at Steven.
    "Barb! Uh...no! I-I was just looking for Lars and Sadie", Steven says nervously, looking back at you. Barb glances up at you with a raised eyebrow and you nod, confirming Steven's story. "But...they're not back here. Uh, how did you get in?"
    "Well, what kinda mother would I be if I didn't make a copy of all my daughter's keys?!" You snicker, shaking your head as you follow Barb and Steven into the break room of the Big Donut. "I only came over to drop off Sadie's lunch. She wasn't home last night so I figured I bring it here. But the place was completely empty. Maybe it's some sort of 'baker's holiday'..."
    "Is that a real holiday", you ask Sadie's mom, leaning against the door to keep it open.
    "It's certainly not a federal one", she says with a grin, making you giggle.
    "Sadie...never came home last night", Steven asks in a soft tone. You look over at him to see him holding the cover for a VHS tape.
    "Ehh she's an adult! Probably just snuck off for another island adventure with her boyfriend."
    "That couldn't be", Steven counters, looking back down at the cover in his hands. "They were going to go to a party together but...Lars never showed." Aw, well that sucks..., you thought with a pout. I'm kind of disappointed in him... "And when me and Sadie left, she said she was going home. And now...Sour Cream is looking everywhere for Onion. And I was expecting a package today from Jamie but he—he never delivered it."
    "A package? You mean one about 'yay' big, two pounds, maybe for ounces", Barb asks, using her hands to act out what she was saying. Steven gasps, placing the VHS tape cover on the table.
    "My distinguished khakis! Did you see Jamie with them?"
    "I did this morning. Just before sending him off to your place", Barb answers, looking chilled. You push yourself off of the door, giving Steven a worried look. Steven visibly gulps before approaching you and Barb with Onion's missing poster in hand.
    "Barb...this might be serious."
    "No kidding", you say breathlessly, the hair on your arms standing on end. Maybe this is what Jasper's 'bad feeling' was about. The three of you quickly leave out of the Big Donut, standing on the concrete outside as the metal backdoor slams behind you.
    "I'll see if I can find anyone on the boardwalk", Steven says.
    "I'll go and check doorsteps for piled-up packages, then we'll know if anyone else is missing", Barb says in a determined tone. "Sadie! Don't worry honey", she shouts, "Mama's coming for ya, baby girl!" You smile softly, looking down at Steven.
    "Good luck", he says softly, watching as Barb disappears around the corner.
    "I'll go back down to the beach and let the gems know what's going on. Be safe, okay", you say to him, ruffling his curly hair. Steven giggles, giving you a nod and a smile before heading towards the boardwalk. You sigh, your smile faltering as you go in the opposite direction.
    Once you make it back to the beach, Amethyst is the first to spot you. "Yo, (n/n)! Where's Stevo? Connie came over to look for him."
    "He—"
    "(Y/n)!" You pause upon hearing your name called, your eyes falling on the brown-skinned girl running to you.
    "Hey, little one", you say with a chuckle, pulling her into a hug. Connie giggled, pressing her chin into your stomach to look up at you. "I hear you were looking for Steven?" She nods.     "He went down to the boardwalk to look for everyone."
    "Everyone? What do you mean", Connie asks, her eyebrows knitted together in confusion. You sigh, patting her head.
    "That's why I came back down here. Where are Garnet and Pearl?"
    "In the house", Amethyst answers, looking worried. "Come on, I'll show you." You and Connie follow the purple quartz down the beach to Steven's place, walking up the stairs. She pushes open the screen door, revealing Pearl and Garnet. They were both in the kitchen, seeming to have just finished a conversation.
    "Oh! (Y/n) you're back", Pearl says with a smile. "Where's Steven?"
    "He's on the boardwalk looking for everyone. We've encountered a sort of big problem", you say, sitting on one of the barstools. The gems and Connie gather around you, listening expectantly. "Steven and I went down to the Big Donut a little earlier and saw Sour Cream. He had a stack of missing posters for Onion in hand. After Steven talked to him for a bit, he found out that the Big Donut was closed so I followed him 'round back. Sadie's mom, Barb, was there, but no Sadie nor Lars. Jamie's missing as well. So...in conclusion? A good amount of the city is gone." Garnet hums in thought while Pearl opens her mouth to speak, but is interrupted by the sound of the front door slamming open.
    "Guys! I just saw a gem!"
    "Wh-What", Pearl shouts, quickly walking over to Steven. "Are you sure?"
    "Yes!"
    "Well? What did she look like", Amethyst asks. Steven opened his mouth to speak, before seeming to change his mind. He then went over to the coffee table, tearing five sheets of paper out of a book. He hands a single sheet to each of you, gesturing towards the couch. Slowly, everyone goes to the couch and sits down as Steven stands in front of you all.
    "Okay, so, she was blue and small, smaller than most gems I've seen", Steven began, pacing.
    "Shorter than Peri and Amy", you ask, tapping your chin with the pencil you had in hand.
    "Yes! Much smaller. She was wearing a skirt with a vest and tie, and her hair was chin-length, and a bow was in it and she had really big eyes."
    "What did her gem look like", Pearl asks, her thin eyebrows furrowed in concentration.
    "A teardrop. And the gem was under her eye. Our right, her left. And the wings...and, yeah." Everyone finished up their drawings and turned the papers to Steven. He glanced at yours first, and you shrugged.
    "I'm not that great of a drawer."
    "I think I made one eye bigger than the other", Connie says after Steven glances at hers.
    "Aw, it's so good though", you reply, taking Connie's paper from her. She giggles, rubbing the back of her neck.
    "I was going for a feeling", Amethyst says when Steven looks at hers. You snicker, covering your mouth.
    "I think you just felt like...horsing around." Amethyst pressed her lips together, trying not to laugh at you as Steven observed Pearl's work.
    "Honestly, I can't even draw a circle", Pearl says, chuckling sheepishly.
    "Hey, yours kinda looks like Lapis", Amy says, taking Pearl's artwork.
    "Great job, Pearl", you compliment, leaning over Connie to see the paper. "Was the gem a lapis, Steven?"
    "No...I don't think so", the half-gem replies, going up to Garnet to look at her paper. "Okay, Garnet, you just drew yourself."
    "Uh, I like me." You giggle at the fusion's antics, looking back at Steven as he begins to speak again.
    "Well, anyway. I think Connie was the closest."
    "Thanks!"
    "This was a waste of time", Pearl says, crumbling up her paper. "We should be preparing for a fight! Whoever this is," she says, taking Connie's paper, "She's from Homeworld. She's gotta be here for us!"
    "She's not though. She says she's...looking for her dad", Steven says.
    "What", you, Pearl, and Amethyst say at the same time.
    "Her dad", Pearl questions.
    "There are all these people missing. Maybe...her dad's gone missing too."
    "But gems don't have dads!"
    "Right", you agree with the quartz, standing to your feet. "So maybe she's looking for someone named 'my dad' or 'her dad'."
    "That doesn't make any sense", Pearl says, looking at you and then at Garnet.
    "Steven's a gem and Steven has a dad", Connie butts in.
    "There are no other gems like Steven", Garnet rebuttals, looking over at Connie.
    "Are you sure", the teenage girl asks, raising an eyebrow. Silence fills the room, the sound of seagulls crying loudly outside interrupting.
    "We've got to get to the bottom of this", Garnet says, standing up abruptly. "We should split up, and investigate." Steven gasps, smacking his hands on his cheeks.
    "Ruby and Sapphire!" You look at the fusion expectantly, your shoulders dropping after she speaks.
    "Ah, no. I meant split into teams."
    "Oh...right", Steven says, sharing your disappointment. "Garnet with (y/n), Pearl with Amethyst, and Connie with me. Let's go", he says quickly, pointing out the teams. Connie quickly gets up and runs out of the house with Steven. Pearl and Amethyst follow them shortly after, leaving you and Garnet in the house alone.
    "So...where should we start", you ask, cocking your head to the side.
    "Well, we can always start with what's on your mind", she said with a chuckle. You roll your eyes, smiling softly.
    "How do you always know when something is wrong", you ask as you walk to the door, pushing it open. You wait for Garnet on the porch steps, matching your strides with hers as she goes down the stairs.
    "Just a hunch I suppose." You giggle, kicking up sand with a toe of your sneaker.
    "I guess...it's something that Jasper said to me last night", you start, looking up at the fusion. She stops in front of your house, crossing her arms.
    "You're still having those dreams about her?" You nod, unlocking your door quickly and reaching inside for your khopesh. As you were about to close it, something cold touched the back of your hand, startling you. You swing the door open quickly, exhaling when you saw Sarge.
    "Don't scare me like that!" Your dog huffs, trotting to your side as you close and lock your door again. You toss your keys into the sand, quickly burying them by your porch. "Anyway", you start, walking beside Garnet again with Sarge now in tow, "Yeah, I still occasionally have dreams, but now it's like...I can communicate with her without sleeping too."
    "Is that so?...," Garnet says, looking down at you.
    "Yeah. I was in the kitchen one day, daydreaming, and it's like I saw a memory of her and me outside my screen door. But—it was different."
    "Different how?"
    "She...came up to me. The real me, not the me in the memory." The fusion hums, continuing down the beach. You look around, seeing no one at all, not even on the boardwalk.
    "Strange. You never mentioned what she said to you last night though", Garnet says, cutting across the boardwalk. You follow her past the Beach City Visitor Center, making your way into the neighborhood.
    "Well, you remember how I told you I only ever really have dreams about her when I'm stressed or something is on my mind?" The fusion nodded, placing her hands behind her back.     "I had a dream about her last night, and I haven't been stressed or worried about anything for a while. It was the opposite. She was worried about something..." Garnet stops on the sidewalk, turning to you. The fusion crosses her arms, cocking her head to the side. "She told me that she had a bad feeling, and just wanted to make sure I was okay. And now half of the city has gone missing and there's a Homeworld gem on the loose." Garnet nods slowly, her plump lips pressed together. You raise an eyebrow, taking a step closer to the fusion and looking up at her. "Is there...something you aren't telling me, Garnet?"
    "No", the fusion replies, beginning to walk again. "If there was anything new about Jasper, I would tell you." You nod slowly, continuing down the sidewalk beside her. Sarge whimpers, nudging your thigh with his body. You look down at him, your (e/c) eyes meeting with his amber ones. You give your puppy a soft smile, bending down to pet him.

*time skip brought to you by 'Are You My Dad?'*

    You, Garnet, and Sarge had been all over town, with no luck. You couldn't find anyone who was missing, and no one you asked had seen them recently either. You sigh loudly, tossing another rock across the water. "Any news from the rest", you ask Garnet. The fusion was sitting on the sand behind you, her visor resting on top of her head.
    "Mmn mmn." You sigh again, plopping down in the sand beside her. The sky was different hues of orange and pink, signaling the sun was about to set.
    "Maybe we should go and look for them? I'm kind of worried...", you say softly, burying your hand into the sand. Garnet hums again, a moment of silence between you two before she stands. You look up at her and she pulls her visor down, offering one of her hands to you. You take ahold of it, the cool gem in the palm of her hand startling you. You brush yourself off, ordering Sarge to stay put just in case the others come back. You jog to catch up with the fusion, burying your hands in your pockets as you walk beside her. "Any idea where they might be?"
    "If Steven and Connie weren't in town when we looked, there's a chance they may be in the nearby forest."
    "What about Pearl and Amethyst", you ask, glancing over at your partner.
    "They should be alright. I'm more concerned for Steven and Connie's safety." You nod once, stepping over the debris on the beach.
    When you and Garnet finally reach the docks, the fusion jumps onto the wooden planks, waiting for you. She helps you up, quickly dragging you behind a nearby building. "What", you whisper, your heart racing.
    "I heard something..." You nod, peeking past the gem to look out into the street. You don't see anything but Garnet's body was stiff, signaling she was still on edge.
    "Maybe it's—" You were cut off my Garnet's hand, which she had quickly clamped over your mouth.
    "Is someone there?" You and the fusion relaxed upon hearing Pearl's voice, coming out from your hiding place. The pale gem's back was to you, so the sound of your footsteps frightened her. She summoned her spear quickly, pointing it at you. The tip of it barely grazed your throat, and you put your finger to it, knocking it away from you. "Oh! (Y/n)", Pearl says, exhaling in relief. "You startled me. And Garnet too."
    "Where's Amethyst", the fusion asks, shifting her weight.
    "I sent her back to the temple to look for Steven. Have you seen him", Pearl asks, her blue eyes full of worry. You shake your head, pinching the bridge of your nose.
    "Have you seen, Connie? We checked with her parents earlier but they said that they thought she was with Steven." Pearl shakes her head in reply to you, biting her thumbnail.
    "Go with (y/n) back to the temple. Let Amethyst know what's going on. I'll go and find Steven and Connie", Garnet says, making her way towards the forest.
    "Are you sure, Garnet", Pearl asks, attempting to follow the fusion. The maroon gem nods once before hopping up and disappearing. Pearl sighs softly, her shoulders slouching. You put your arm around her small frame, leading her back towards the beach.
    About twenty minutes after you and Pearl had gotten back to Steven's house, Garnet came through the door with him in her arms. He seemed to be asleep, but that didn't make any sense to you, given the situation Beach City was in. "What happened", you ask, approaching the fusion. You ran a hand over Steven's curls, your eyes meeting Garnet's visor.
    "I found him in the forest. I think he got knocked out."
    "By what", Amethyst asks, hopping up on the kitchen counter.
    "Or who", Pearl says, a worried expression on her face. Garnet didn't reply and instead made her way to Steven's room, placing him in bed.
    "He should wake up soon. For now, we wait."

*time skip brought to you by 'I Am My Mom'*

"This is an emergency!" You jump at the sound of Steven's loud voice, turning to see him run down the stairs into the living room. The gems were already on their feet, awaiting what he had to say.
"What's an emergency, boo", you ask, pushing yourself off of the couch.
"The emergency is...why is Homeworld stealing humans from the boardwalk", Pearl asks frantically, matching Steven's urgent energy.
"I don't know, but they're only taking my friends", Steven says sadly. "They even got Connie! If we don't do something, they're going to take them into space!"
"And our spaceship got jacked. So if they leave Earth...", Amethyst says, looking over at Garnet. The fusion crosses her arms, looking at her feet.
"They'll be gone for good."
"Isn't there anything we can do", you ask, sitting on the coffee table. Sarge whimpers, putting his head in your lap.
"Ugh! Who were these guys", Amethyst asks Steven.
"That little gem I saw before, her name's Aquamarine."
"What", Pearl stutters, looking appalled.
"She's gotta big, friend! A fusion! Named...Topaz", Steven adds, holding his head. You glance at Garnet and Pearl, who both look horrified.
"A topaz fusion...and an aquamarine", Pearl says breathlessly.
"What? Is...that bad?"
"Are they a big deal", Amethyst asks calmly.
"Uh...yes", Pearl screams, placing her hands on her head. "Blue and Yellow Diamond must have sent them personally!"
"The Diamonds", Steven questions, furrowing his thick eyebrows. "Oh no! They must be collecting more humans for the zoo!"
"I thought about that", you muse, "But why would they only be targeting Beach City?"
"(N/n)'s right, Steven", Amethyst agrees softly. "There's loads of humans on Earth. Why are they only grabbing your friends?"
"Maybe...because my friends are the best!" The gems look away from Steven, clearly uneasy
"Then why aren't I kidnapped too", you ask in an attempt to relieve tension. The sound of a phone buzzing broke the silence. Steven fishes his phone out of his pocket, gasping after looking at the screen.
"It's from Connie! I know where they are", he yells, showing you all the screen. Sarge stands up, grabbing your sword from the couch. You take it from him as you quickly follow the gems out of the door. No words were spoken between the six of you as you ran down the beach to the amusement park.
Once you made it onto the wooden planks of the park, Garnet stops at the entrance in front of everyone. "Stay alert. They could be anywhere."
"Did Connie send you any more pictures", Amethyst asks the half-gem.
"No...nothing", Steven answers sadly, looking at his dark phone screen. You ruffle his hair, earning a small smile from him.
"We know they're here somewhere", Pearl says, taking off after Garnet. The purple quartz follows them and you decide to stay with Steven.
"Connie? Lars? Sadie? Onion", Steven calls quietly. You unsheathed your sword, adjusting it in your hand. Your ears then perk up at the sound of music. Sarge begins to growl, taking off in the direction you heard it.
"Is that a ringtone", you ask Steven as the two of you follow your dog.
"Yeah! I just tried calling Connie. That's her phone!" Sarge stops in front of one of the food stalls, sniffing at something on the ground. You gesture for him to move away to reveal Connie's phone on the ground.
"W-Was that Connie's pho—" You turn to see Pearl and the rest of the Crystal Gems, gasping after hearing heavy footsteps. Steven and you turn around, seeing a large gem peek from behind the merry-go-round. Soon more heads pop out, being recognized as those missing.
"Help", Jamie screams.
"Oh no! You found us", the small blue gem known as 'Aquamarine', sings.
"Give it up, Aquamarine! There's nowhere to run!" You stand beside Steven with your sword ready, Sarge between your legs. He was practically frothing at the mouth.
"Oh! What's this now? Did you think we were running away", she asks, a hand on her hip. She was standing in the yellow fusions hand.
"Steven! Save yourself! After you save us", Jamie shouts.
"Huh...", Aquamarine says, pulling her bow out of her hair. It straightens out, becoming stiff. "You know, now that I think about it, this Steven seems to know everyone on our list. The list did come from a Steven after all. Maybe you can help us out", she says, winking at the half-gem.
"Just let the humans go", Garnet's voice boomed from behind you, but Aquamarine didn't seem fazed.
"Uhh...no", she says, putting her hands on her hips. "Who are these dullards?"
"We're the Crystal Gems, you chump", Amethyst shouts, gripping her whip in hand.
"Yeah, yeah. Rose Quartz's old lackeys! That was in the report too. We're not here for any of you rogue gems. We'll leave you totally alone..."
"There's an 'if' coming", you say, rolling your eyes.
"...if you tell us where we can find 'my dad'", Aquamarine says devilishly. Who knew such a cute gem could look so mean? Sarge barks, growling louder.
"I don't know what you're talking about", Steven screams, visibly frustrated.
"Let's see...Yellow Diamond asked for, uh, my dad, a Connie, a Lars, a Sadie, a mailman, and an onion, I think. Six human variations specified in a report by Peridot 5XG."
"Our Peridot, Steven", you ask, looking at the teenage boy. He gasps loudly, realization hitting him before horror and despair fall over his features.
"The list. I gave them the list..."
"What're you talking about", Pearl asks.
"Aquamarine doesn't have a dad", Steven replies, looking up at Pearl. "She's looking for someone named 'my dad'! Like (y/n) said. This is all my fault."
"Don't worry about that now", Garnet says, cutting in. "Our objectives still the same: beat the gems..."
"...save our friends", Steven shouts, getting into a fighting stance.
"Hey, Topaz! Look! They want to lose another fight", Aquamarine says menacingly, pointing her 'wand' at the six of you. Garnet jumps to the side, charging at Topaz head-on when she moves her arm, exposing Jamie who was fused inside of her with the rest of the missing people. Garnet gasps as Jamie screams, using his arm to block his face. The maroon gem skids to a halt to avoid hurting Jamie, which, however, allows Topaz to grab her by the head. The yellow fusion throws Garnet towards you, and Amy dives into Pearl and Steven, causing all of you to fall out of the way as Garnet smashes into the gaming booth behind you.
"Garnet", Steven calls worriedly, standing to his feet.
"That's dirty", Amethyst yells.
"Two can play at that game", you say, releasing Sarge from your side. He charges at the fusion, digging his teeth into her leg. She shakes violently, attempting to get him off but to no avail. You smirk, preparing to slice her other leg off with your khopesh, but the sound of Sarge crying grabs your attention. You gasp, having seen Topaz punch him, knocking him off of her. She then bends down so the trajectory of your blade is right in Connie's face. You toss the weapon to the side, allowing yourself to fall face-first into the yellow fusion's, abdomen. When you try to get up again to fight, she steps on your wrist, trapping you under her foot.
"(N/n)! Are you okay", Amethyst calls as Pearl leaps into the air to make an attack.
"My spear can reach her without hurting the hostages!"
"Oh, you're so smart", Aquamarine says sarcastically, catching Pearl with her wand. It shot out a trajectory beam, and with a flick of the smaller gem's wrist, Pearl was launched into space. Amethyst then coils her whip around Connie's wrists, attempting to pull her out of Topaz's body. Topaz, however, steps on the end of the weapon, causing Amethyst to lose her footing. Garnet then emerges from the game booth and Pearl falls from the sky.
"This is getting annoying", Aquamarine starts, gaining Topaz's attention. The fusion takes her foot off of you, allowing you to get up and grab your sword before jogging to your dog's side. Sarge seemed fine overall, but there was a noticeable knot on his head from where Topaz had hit him. "Hey! Topaz", Aquamarine calls impatiently. "Can you remind me? I mean, my memory is perfect, but our orders were to bring back these six humans. I'm just not sure...did they specify—alive?" You and the gems look at each other and then back at her in horror. You grip your sword tightly, your hand slightly shaking. "You know, I don't think they did!" Topaz then grabs Jamie's head, the mailman's bottom lip quivering in fear. "I just think that if you care about your "friends" or whatever...you should tell me where 'My Dad' is...alright?" You looked at Steven, not sure what to do.
"What are we going to do", Pearl says, speaking what you were thinking.
"I—", you start, cutting yourself off with a gasp as Steven walks forward towards the Homeworld gems. Pearl calls his name as you stand up, watching him carefully.
"Stop! I know where you can find 'My Dad'."
"Oooh! Where? Where", Aquamarine asks excitedly, floating in front of Steven.
"Right here. I'm the one you're looking for", Steven blurts. "I am 'My Dad'!" You and the Crystal Gems speak various words of confusion, continuing to watch the scene unfold in front go you.
"I know what you're thinking Topaz", Aquamarine starts. "It seems a little suspicious that 'My Dad' is also a 'Steven'. But you know...if it means getting out of here—I'll believe it." Topaz then begins to glow, splitting in half to reveal two of the same gem. You gasp quietly, watching as they approach Steven, fusing again with him inside.
"Don't worry! I'm gonna bust us all out with my bubble power", Steven shouts. You can hear him straining behind Topaz, your anxiety heightening with each minute. "Her body's...so thick..."
"Time to go", Aquamarine says with a wave of her wand. The top of the carousel comes undone from it, revealing it to actually be a spaceship. Sarge begins to bark next to you, walking around in place. You could tell that he was just as nervous as you were, but you didn't know what to do.
"Uh...Steven! Di-Did you actually have a plan, or—", Amethyst asks as the Topaz fusion turns around. Steven continues to strain, asking for a minute or two, but before anything happens, they jump onto the open door of the ship. Aquamarine flies over to the five of you, a smug look on her face.
"Very nice meeting you all, and your compliance is appreciated, but...", she pauses as you and Pearl stab at her with her spear and your sword, but the insect-like gem dodges, "...our job here is done. So..." Aquamarine blows a raspberry at you all before flying up to the ship. The hatch closes, leaving you and the rest standing at the bottom like idiots.
"That little—", Pearl starts, growling angrily. "If she didn't have that little wand of hers..."
"What was he thinking", Amethyst screams, pulling on her lavender hair. "A bubble? Really, Steven!"
"Both of you calm down", Garnet says calmly, her gauntlets fazing away. "We need a plan if Steven's doesn't work."
"The plan is to reach that ship, but how are we going to do that", you say, beginning to pace as you slowly freak out. This was your first real fight. Pearl had taught you well, and all the training you had received from the gems wasn't in vain, but Holo-Pearl and the gems never were actually out for you. This...was a serious situation. God...I wish Jasper was with me, you thought, taking a deep breath in to calm your nerves. Sarge's barking broke you out of your thoughts and you look down at him. "Right...", you mumble. "Fusion." The gems look up at you quickly, with their mouths agape. "Wh-When you guys fuse your power doubles and you're usually bigger right? So, if all three of you fused you may be big enough to reach the ship. If I could get inside, I could help Steven, and if Connie gets free, maybe she could help get everyone else out as well."
"That's a great idea", Amethyst exclaims, looking expectantly at Garnet. "Whaddaya say, G?" Garnet hums before nodding. Pearl and Amethyst get rid of their weapons, beginning to dance as Garnet snapped her fingers. The permafusion nodded her head as Pearl twirled in her direction, Amethyst dancing over to her as well. She then grabbed both of their hands, light surrounding the four of them until a large figure stood in front of you. You gasped, falling back on your butt as you tried to look up at them. The Crystal Gem fusion bent down at the waist, pulling you and Sarge from the ground. She set your dog and you on her shoulder, walking into the water towards the ship hovering there. The closer you got, you began to hear sounds of struggle coming from inside.
"Get me closer", you yell, running down one of the large fusion's arms. She places the arm you were on, on top of the ship, holding it in place. Once you land on the roof of it, the door opens, revealing Steven and some of the others.
"Alexandrite", Connie yells. So that's her name...
"Take us close to the water! We're gonna jump", Steven says. You hear sounds of distress and concern before almost losing your footing as the fusion lowers the aircraft to the water. You then see Onion dive into the water below, Connie and Sadie following them. Jamie is then thrown off by Steven, and you were about to dive next until you saw the blue beam of Aquamarine's wand. She had frozen everyone in the ocean in place, including Alexandrite.
"Nice try. But it's hopeless 'my dad'. I can't go back to Homeworld without getting what the Diamonds want", she says, floating closer to him. You grit your teeth at Steven's worried facial expression, jumping off of the roof of the ship. You positioned your sword for Aquamarine, knocking her off to the side. She groans, dropping her wand and losing her position in the air.
"C'mon, Steven, we have to go", you yell, grabbing his arm. But when you looked down at those kidnapped in the water, you could see that they were still frozen in place. Although you had knocked Aquamarine's wand out of her hand, it still had a hold on your friends. You gasp as Topaz grabs you by the waist, holding you away from Steven and the small blue gem. Aquamarine growls at you, her appearance disheveled.
"How dare you! Pathetic human", she screams, raising her hand to hit you.
"I'm...not my dad", Steven says from behind her. She quickly turns to him, gritting her teeth.
"What?"
"I'm not my dad", he says louder."
"How much longer is this mission going to take", Aquamarine says, balling up her hands to make fists.
"Well...I can end it for you. Right now!" You furrow your eyebrows, staring at the half gem.
"Oh. Really", the flying blue gem says sarcastically.
"I'm someone the diamonds would want more than any of these humans. The leader of the Crystal Gem Rebellion. The gem that shattered Pink Diamond!" Your (e/c) eyes widened as you began to struggle against Topaz's body.
"Steven! No!"
"I'm not my dad! I'm my mom", he finishes, raising his shirt to show off his gem. "I'm Rose Quartz!" Aquamarine gasps, letting go of everyone in her tractor beam. Alexandrite unfused, crashing into the water below with a grunt.
"He's lying", you scream, struggling more. Connie and Pearl call his name from below, Amethyst questioning his decision.
"I get it now", he says, turning to everyone. "I'm the only one who can stop what she started! I can stop all of it!"
"You're wrong", Garnet yells back at him. "Steven, get down here!"
"She wouldn't have wanted this...but I do", Steven says, gripping his shirt in his hand.
"I'm gonna kick your butt!... if you don't come down here right now", Amethyst exclaims, her tough voice faltering at the end. You try to reach Steven with your feet to kick him off into the ocean, but Topaz threw you inside of the ship. You landed roughly on your shoulder, your head ricocheting off of the floor. You groan from the pain, your vision spotting. You still try and stand up, but once you do, you collapse. The last thing you see is the ship door closing, with Aquamarine, Steven, and Topaz standing in front of it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

659K 14.7K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
45.9K 1.3K 40
Being a stranger to your own past, not knowing where you are and what will happen in the future. You meet the Madrigal family, you know the gifts yo...
92.4K 2.5K 29
Okay I could give you a description of the story and get you interested in the book, or you know, you could just read. (Updates are irregular.) Discl...
25.6K 685 10
Y/N L/N, just an average student. However, they have a secret they don't want anyone to find out about until a new girl named Nanno comes into the pi...