10 HOURS AWAY | Harry Styles...

By butterflytattoo

When Liz Miller gets the opportunity to leave Brussels to attend the James Goldwirth Writing Program in New Y... More

before you read
description
prologue
part 1
chapter 01 - hello, new york
chapter 02 - the night we met
chapter 03 - on my mind
chapter 04 - late night therapy
chapter 05 - sleepless nights
chapter 06 - the morning after
chapter 07 - far from home
chapter 08 - see you tonight
chapter 09 - caught in the middle
chapter 10 - calm after the storm
chapter 11 - dancing in the dark
chapter 12 - keeping it casual
chapter 13 - broken promises
chapter 14 - you should've stayed
chapter 15 - where do we go
chapter 16 - what if you fall
chapter 17 - give it a try
chapter 18 - the hardest part
chapter 19 - radio silence
chapter 20 - it was magical
chapter 21 - tell me everything
chapter 22 - the beginning
part 2
chapter 23 - second chance
chapter 24 - hold me now
chapter 25 - honesty
chapter 26 - ease my mind
chapter 27 - all over again
chapter 28 - you and me
chapter 29 - coffee and confessions
chapter 30 - ups and downs
chapter 31 - twenty something
chapter 32 - electric love
chapter 33 - delicate touch
chapter 34 - home with you
chapter 35 - falling in love
chapter 36 - all night long
chapter 37 - losing my patience
chapter 38 - no call, no reply
chapter 39 - leaving town
chapter 40 - talk to me
chapter 41 - fly away
chapter 42 - homesick
chapter 43 - heavenly
chapter 44 - dark times
chapter 45 - empty space
chapter 46 - silent days
chapter 47 - writhe in ecstasy
chapter 48 - celebrations
chapter 49 - change of heart
chapter 50 - lovesick
chapter 51 - just a friend
part 3
chapter 52 - fresh start
chapter 53 - holding on
chapter 54 - better together
chapter 55 - pretending
chapter 56 - valentine's day
chapter 57 - my remedy
chapter 58 - my recovery
chapter 59 - getting good
chapter 60 - closure
chapter 61 - stand up
chapter 62 - run to you
chapter 63 - our hearts
chapter 64 - don't give up
chapter 65 - grown
chapter 66 - all is well
chapter 67 - story of us
chapter 68 - eternal
chapter 69 - knowing you
chapter 70 - guarded
chapter 71 - healing
chapter 72 - grieving
chapter 74 - more time

chapter 73 - our getaway

928 39 12
By butterflytattoo

10 Hours Away | Harry Styles AU

chapter 73 - our getaway

I listened to Carter and went away with Harry. We agreed to get away for four days, so we would be back in time because there was a meeting scheduled with my editor. This would be the first time I would see her in real life, which was sort of nerve-wracking. Besides Logan, Sasha had a very important role in getting this novel finished on time. In our emails, which we send each other daily, she seemed friendly.

But as Harry and I had escaped New York City, I wasn't going to stress myself out. I wanted to enjoy every minute we had together because the chances of this happening again was very low.

As we were on the road, we chatted about everything and nothing. Harry told me he hadn't been away with anyone – not even a friend – for years. He had been so focused on making a name for himself, he hadn't taken some time off. The only time he had taken a break from shooting videos, was when he was in California for his grandfather's funeral. Something he began to talk about more frequently than when it had all just happened.

Harry's decision to talk to a professional had paid off. Even if he had already gone through an amazing transformation, he still intended on seeing his therapist regularly.

To Harry, it was the perfect way to cope with his feelings when it was getting too much. Yes, he talked to Dylan and I more candidly but he didn't want to burden us with everything. That's why his therapist was there to catch him if he was feeling overwhelmed.

I truly admired him for getting help, which isn't always the easiest thing to do. But I saw a change in him and I felt overjoyed as I got to see it happening before my eyes instead of hearing it from others.

It was a long drive before we reached the place where w were going to stay. I had no idea if we were going to stay at several motels or stick to one hotel room, but my expectations didn't match with the reality I was living in.

The second we rode on a very long driveway, I knew we wouldn't be staying at a hotel or a motel.

At a slow pace, a beautiful modern house appeared in front of us. Harry had rented an entire house for the two of us.

"Holy shit. It's huge." I said when he parked in front of the entrance.

"It's definitely bigger than the images online." Harry responded as he shut the engine off. "What do you think?" he asked, turning to me.

"This house looks incredible, Harry."

"Let me show you the inside because it's even better than the outside." Harry told me excitedly.

We got out of the car but decided to keep our luggage in the trunk. First, we were going for a tour around our temporary home.

Harry took his phone out of his pocket when we reached the front door. I thought Harry would look for a key, but he used his phone to unlock the door instead. I was left stunned.

"Did you just open the door with your phone?" I asked.

A smile crept on his face. "Yes, I did!" he beamed. His excitement matched the enthusiasm of a young boy. "They send me a QR-code after I booked our stay. Apparently this is safer than a key."

"Why does it feel like this only happens in America?" I said.

"Wouldn't surprise me if that's true." Harry replied. "Let's see what's inside." he added and I followed him.

When we entered the house, we were both blown away by the high ceilings and the technology inside of the house. But besides the modern look of this house, it did feel very cozy in here. The owners of this place had taken their time to decorate it in such a way, it would make you feel at home instantly. So I smiled as I was walking around with Harry, our hands softly intertwined.

Harry was pointing out what this house had to offer. Every time he added something new, I couldn't believe we were actually staying here.

To build this house and design the inside must've cost a fortune. I sometimes wonder what life would be like when you've got so much money on your bank account, you can build a place like this without living in it yourself.

While being wholly blown away, Harry continued the tour. When Harry brought me outside to show me the jacuzzi, I was full of cheerfulness. I had never been in one, so I was eager to try this out. The look on my face told him enough.

"I can't believe you found this place." I said.

"It is ours for the next couple of days." he searched for my eyes before giving me a smug look.

I knew we were going to visit the towns located around us, but there would also be enough time spent between the four walls of this house by just the two of us.

Honestly, I didn't mind. We were here to have a good time and be alone.

Harry insisted on bringing our stuff inside our stay whilst I went through the basket the owner had left. In the basket, they had put a bottle of champagne and a few snacks. My face lit up at the small gesture.

There was a little note attached to the basket; Enjoy your time together.

When I put the note down, it dawned on me this was my first time going away with my boyfriend.

Everyone back home never stopped talking about the trips they went on with their partner. I never knew what that was like. Although I imagined it to be fun, I got to live through it after a long time and I knew I would forever remind myself of it.

"Our bags are upstairs." Harry entered the kitchen and changed the conversation when he saw what I was holding. "Is that wine?"

"It's champagne." I said. "The owner gifted it to us. There's even a little note, too."

Harry took the card from my hand. "That's so nice. This place is definitely getting a five-star rating." he took the bottle from my hand and began to unwrap the top. "Let's open this baby up."

In one of the cabinets, I found champagne flutes we could use. Harry filled them till the brim because we had to enjoy what we were given for free.

"Are you going to give a toast?" I asked him.

Harry eyed me. "Why do I always have to be the one to give a toast?"

"Because you are better at it than I am."

"Is that a weird way of complimenting me, Liz?"

"I'm glad you noticed." I replied with a smile.

After Harry gave me one of the glasses, he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. "Let me give the little speech then because you think I'm such a great speaker." he said, being overly dramatic as usual, causing me to roll my eyes at him. "If you behave like that, you'll have to be the one to give a toast."

"No, no, that's your job. I don't want to step on your toes, Styles."

"Thank you." he answered cheekily and planted a haste kiss on my lips. Then he traded his playful behavior for a more serious one. "I want to say how happy I am to be here with you." he started. His words would forever make me feel everything. "The first time I saw you, I knew it wouldn't be the last. And I'm grateful it wasn't, because you make me the happiest, Liz. Like so happy, my heart pounds a hundredth times faster when you're in the room. Or when I only think about you. And I think about you a lot." Harry said, and I caught a nervous chuckle falling off his lips. It was the cutest. "Anyways, I'm lucky to have you here with me. To have you want to be with me, because I wouldn't want to be with anyone else. Basically, what I want to say is, is that I love you, Miller."

Were there tears in my eyes? Yes. And was I drowning in his at the same time? Yes, again.

"I give this speech a five-star rating." I said as my bottom lip trembled.

Instead of taking a sip from the champagne, his hand moved to the back of my neck to pull me closer to him. Our lips crashed against each other and he was inside of my mouth in no time. As we were making out in the kitchen, my heart exploded because of him.

The minute he broke the kiss, we had to catch our breath.

"I love you." I whispered slightly out of breath. "To us."

Our glasses touched and we drank the alcohol. Then, in seconds, we continued our making-out session after Harry lifted me on the kitchen counter.

Our days together were magnificent. I couldn't have imagined a better getaway with Harry.

After his sweet words, we couldn't fight the desire to touch each other. He wanted to get every piece of fabric of our bodies, so he could bring me to the living room. There was a big sofa where he put me down and pleased me endlessly. His needs came second since he couldn't get enough of satisfying me over again. And without any neighbors and roommates near, I didn't hold back while moaning. Just the reminder of how well he could devour my body, made me want him for another round. It got me hungry.

Instead of going downtown to have dinner, we ordered in after we emptied our bags. I couldn't have left the house seeing my body was still recovering from the multiple orgasms he had given me.

The fact that this happened only a few hours in, told me there was a glorious time ahead of us.

We sipped on the remainders of the champagne as we were in the jacuzzi. We had eaten so much sushi, we wanted to rest in the hot bubbles outside. As we were in the hot tub, I moved to Harry. Once I sat on his lap, I moved with my hands through his hair. He closed his eyes while he enjoyed the feeling of my fingertips touching his scalp.

"I can fall asleep like this." he said in a murmur.

"It's not time to fall asleep yet." I told him.

"Why not?" Harry asked me.

"Because," I began and placed my lips to the wet skin of his neck. "There's so much we have to do." I added as put kisses all over his body.

"Do we?" he asked, teasingly.

Bastard.

"Only if you stay awake."

"I'm more awake than ever." Harry voiced as he brought his face closer to mine and kissed me feverishly.

Like he had made me feel good on numerous occasions, I wanted him to feel fulfilled too. I didn't do it because I felt the pressure to give something in return, but I did it because I wanted to see his face while he'd be the center of attention.

He let me feel him, arouse him, taste him. Everything.

And just like I had been, he was vocal too. Something I found such a turn-on.

He loved whatever I did and it made me feel powerful. To have the ability to satisfy the one you love, that's just perfect.

Harry, of course, couldn't stop himself from going down on me once more. After that, we made love before our bodies were completely worn-out and we fell asleep in each other's arms.

The next day, we stayed in bed till 10 am and then showered together. While I was applying my make-up, Harry was looking on his phone for a café nearby and he found the most beautiful location.

It was definitely a pricier option than I was used to, but Harry insisted on paying for it. It didn't matter how many times I tried to convince him I could chip in, he silenced me by saying he didn't expect me to pay a dollar.

Harry had given the waitress quite a big order, but we finished every plate. I loved the delicious croissants, which had just gotten out of the oven, and the freshly brewed coffee the most.

Like the tourists we had turned into, Harry got hold of a city map. With a pen, he was circling the spots we had to visit today. It was quite a cramped schedule, but we were willing to make it work.

I was never such a big fan of people or tourists walking around with their phones whilst taking pictures of everything around them. But as Harry and I were together, I wanted to be able to remember what we had done together. Luckily, Harry had brought his camera with him to record a few parts of our trip while I had packed two disposable cameras.

Like the couples I had once questioned, Harry and I were becoming that kind of couple. We asked people to take pictures of us while we stood in front of a building or were eating something sweet.

It was pathetic, but I loved it.

Even if I had doubted Harry's plan to go by several locations, we had managed to cramp everything in one day. I wondered if we would have enough left for the next days, but he assured me there was plenty to see and do.

We arrived back at the house to freshen up and there was enough time left to give Mia a quick call. It was nice to hear her voice and catch up.

"How is New York?"

"Quite boring, if I have to be upfront with you." she said. "Nothing has happened since you guys eloped."

"We didn't elope, Mia!" I responded with a laugh. "How is Carter?"

"It's getting easier for him to stay awake for a few hours, but the nurses have to keep telling him to sleep more often. I guess he doesn't want to give in yet. Too stubborn when it comes to listening to nurses." she told me and I already imagined how that must look like back at the hospital.

"I bet Isaac is there to make it more bearable for the nurses then?"

"Of course he thinks that! Isaac is visiting Carter way too many times. It's quite clear to everyone he isn't there to see his friend all of the time. One afternoon I had to drive to the hospital to get him out of there because he wasn't leaving when Carter told him to. Isaac wanted to stay since his favorite nurse was working the afternoon shift."

"This guy doesn't know when to give up." I said.

"No, he doesn't." Mia agreed with a laugh.

"I bet he will even succeed in asking her out one day."

"I have to agree with you, Liz. After the stunt he pulled with the waitress, it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the nurse too." Mia said.

"Is it weird to say that a part of me hopes he makes it happen? Go on a date with the nurse?"

"You're not the only one who wants to see that happen! Logan keeps talking about it non-stop. Besides that, it would be fun if Isaac goes on a date after how it went down with the waitress. What was her name again?"

"Nathalie."

"Another name to add to the list of names I won't give to my child."

"You can't say that, Mia!"

"I already did, didn't I?" she replied with a mischievous tone. "The thing is, when somebody screws you or your friend over, they sort of ruin the chances of you giving your child their name. No one wants to give their baby the name of a person they don't like."

"I mean, yeah, that wouldn't be my first choice either."

"Exactly. That's why Nathalie's on the list."

"You have more names on that list, haven't you?"

"I've got plenty of names on that list!" Mia spoke with too much excitement, which eventually ended up in the two of us talking about her list. She went over every name in a rush, because she wanted to finish all the names before Harry and I would leave for dinner.

When I ended the call and put my phone in my purse, I spotted Harry standing in the doorway.

I had never seen him being dressed so formally, but I was blown away. He looked so fucking amazing.

His eyes were glued to my body as he observed me from head to toe. The look he held told me he was yearning for something.

For someone.

For me.

...

A/N: hi friends! I hope you liked it! Let me know what you think of it in the comments. Seeing that Harry and Liz are doing pretty good.. do you think there will be drama soon?

Don't forget to leave your vote <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 7.1K 46
Against the backdrop of the First World War, a young soldier tries to forget his past and survive each day. Back in England, a young woman who has ma...
537K 8.5K 82
You really think you know the full story? You may think you do, but you don't. There's a fine line between love and hate, of course there is... there...
24.6K 841 59
Lily's life was as perfect as it could be until she lost her parents. She had nowhere to go and no one to share her feelings with. At this time, she...
1K 28 10
When Nick passed, he left behind a broken Liz and a supportive love-struck Harry. Harry has promised to be with Liz no matter what, to take care of h...