Love You To Death

By gelainess

She died. After that, she woke up in the otome game she played before dying... as the male lead's younger si... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue
Special Chapter
Author's Message

Chapter 7

15K 742 97
By gelainess

*Knock* *Knock*

"Rina? Baby? Are you awake?"

Catherina heard her mother's soft voice passing through her room's door.

She immediately stood up from the bed and walked towards the door then opened it.

*Creak*

She opened the door and saw her lovely parent.

"Good morning." Catherina hugged her.

"Oh my, you might be already this big but you'll always be my baby girl."

Six years has passed since then and Catherina is already twelve at this time.

Her hair is already at her thighs since she never bothered to cut it. It was a pity to cut this silver hair.

It's also been six years since she last saw the villain, Owen Sylvester.

After that day when she entered the tower, her parents and the imperial family learned about it.

The empress was the one who got worried the most. And so, she ordered that walls must be built around that tower and knights should guard round about the place.

After these years of visiting the palace, she wanted to sneak in and see Owen at least once but ended up failing. The security was too strong.

"Madame!"

A maid came running towards them.

"What is it?"

"The- *pant* the duke and young master has arrived!"

"Really?!"

Catherina and her mother hugged out of happiness.

They felt overjoyed when they heard the news.

Last year, her father and Callahan went to war as the representatives of the Ducal household and empire.

Duke Raphael led the imperial army victoriously.

That time, Callahan was already knighted in the age of sixteen years old. The age where young men are allowed to go to the battlefield.

Catherina even heard that a young alchemist or magician maybe, went also with them as a support. He was a great manpower during the war.

But most importantly, her family arrived home safe and sound. That's all she needed.

"Brother!"

Catherina ran towards him and gave him a big hug."Welcome home."

"We're home, Rina."

Callahan grew up a lot.

At first, he was like an adorable boy from a kindergarten but now, he became more mature and handsome.

She too grew up but her height could only reach his shoulder level. It was unfair for her. But then again, all is good since he's handsome and great.

'I kinda miss my brother in my past life.'

Her brother in her last life was in the same case. He was so tall that Catherina could also reach only up to his shoulder.

The last time she saw him was at the hospital.. getting shocked at her, coughing up blood. Then she died.

"You're bad, Rina. Don't you also miss daddy?" Her father interrupted.

Catherina left Callahan and ran towards father this time.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too."

"Oh? How about me? Don't you miss this woman?" Her mother finally joined the team.

"Of course I miss you too, wife." Her father walked towards her and gave mother a peck on the lips.

'How sweet.' Catherina chuckled.

"Rina, I brought you a gift." Callahan handed her a box.

"??"

"Open it."

She slowly opened the box and peeked on what's inside.

Inside, she could see a ball not too small nor big, but just the right size. The color was like that of the night with lots of stars in it.

"What is this?"

"It's a crystal ball with magic. Here. You tap twice on the top when you need to call for me or ask for help. You can teleport anywhere you want if you tap thrice on the top using your own mana."

"Really? But.. I don't know how."

"It's alright. Three days later, there will be a magician who will test and determine your abundance in mana. I also did mine when I was your age." He spoke as he patted her head.

"Okay. Thank you for this." Catherina smiled.

"Let's head inside. The servants already prepared the table for us." Her mother announced.

"Let's go."

Another day to be joyous with her precious family.

Catherina is really lucky to have them.

'I hope these moments will last forever.'

.
.
The next day...
.
.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Rina."

Callahan opened the door and walked inside her room.

"What is it, brother?"

"What is that?" He glanced at the book that Catherina is holding.

"Oh, it's a book about mana."

Yesterday, what Callahan said about the magic ball left Catherina curious.

It made her want to learn how to control mana and use magic at some point.

So she decided to go at the library and took some books about mana.

"I see. There's an invitation. Since we won the war, the Imperial family decided to throw a celebration for the whole empire."

"Oh. We're going right?"

"It's a must. And how's your reading? Did you learn something about mana?"

"Only a little bit about the basics."

She learned that mana needs concentration, breathing, feeling, sensing, absorbing and full focus and concentration.

In the air, there's what they call Elthears; which are particles of magic that are scattered all around us.

That's when the sensing process begins with full concentration, next is absorbing those Elthears, then converting it into mana inside the body.

There are cases in which people already have a reservoir or at least a pond of mana inside their body's core.

But people without mana needs to make effort and train.

It's kind if complicated but she wants to try. She wants to see how far she could get.

"Do you wanna try?" Callahan asked.

Catherina nodded in response. She truly was interested in learning it.

"Alright. Sit straight and relax yourself."

She did as Callahan said. "And?"

"You close your eyes. Feel your surroundings and imagine as if the air we breathe are tiny stars scattered in the sky. Then you try to connect those stars and make constellations."

"After that, imagine yourself as a single black hole in the space and absorb all those constellations. Somehow you'll feel a bit of coolness inside your body when you do it."

His instructions were clear and concise.

Catherina could feel those Elthears absorbing inside her like she was a sponge.

Her body started to feel the coolness like Callahan said.

*Drip*

"I think I did it!" Catherina looked at Callahan with a bright attitude.

"Ri- Rina?"

'Hm? Why does he look surprised?'

*Drip*

Something wet ran out from her nose. She looked down and saw tiny drops of blood on the floor.

"What?" She covered her nose with her hands and wiped it.

"Call the doctor!!" He called for a maidservant.

Catherina could feel herself falling into darkness. She guessed she was losing consciousness right now.

Having a nosebleed...

It felt like a déjà vu.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 647 16
Step into a world where drill rap meets luxury. Watch as two iconic celebrities come together to create a masterpiece. Stay tuned for a collaboration...
1.1M 42.9K 32
[Completed] Warning : The story is unedited. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within and messy storyline. Info : There's a remake of t...
1.4M 96.3K 24
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...
1.9M 97.1K 38
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...