(βœ”) A Marriage

By mk_happysoul

Marriage is the noblest bond between two individuals. Arrange Marriage is good. But SURPRISE MARRIAGE is ama... More

INTRODUCTION
CHARACTERS
EPISODE 1
EPISODE 2
EPISODE 3
EPISODE 4
EPISODE 5
EPISODE 6
EPISODE 7
EPISODE 8
EPISODE 9
EPISODE 10
EPISODE 11
EPISODE 12
EPISODE 13
EPISODE 14
EPISODE 15
CHAPTER 16
EPISODE 17
EPISODE 18
Something New Is Coming Your Way (ATTENTION⚠)
EPISODE 19
EPISODE 20
EPISODE 21
EPISODE 22
EPISODE 23
EPISODE 24
EPISODE 25
EPISODE 26
EPISODE 27
EPISODE 28
EPISODE 29
EPISODE 30
EPISODE 31
EPISODE 32
EPISODE 33
EPISODE 34
...TEASER...
EPISODE 35
EPISODE 36
EPISODE 37
EPISODE 38
EPISODE 39
EPISODE 40
EPISODE 41
EPISODE 42
EPISODE 43
EPISODE 44
EPISODE 45
EPISODE 46
TEASER
EPISODE 47
EPISODE 48
EPISODE 49
EPISODE 50
EPISODE 51
EPISODE 52
EPISODE 53
EPISODE 54
EPISODE 55
EPISODE 56
EPISODE 58
EPISODE 59
EPISODE 60
EPISODE 61
EPISODE 62
EPISODE 63
EPISODE 64
EPISODE 65
EPISODE 66
TEASER
EPISODE 67
EPISODE 68
EPISODE 69
EPISODE 70
EPISODE 71
EPISODE 72
EPISODE 73
EPISODE 74
EPISODE 75

EPISODE 57

812 154 118
By mk_happysoul

Avni: aahh!!

Neil immediately worried and pulled her back to himself.

Neil: kya hua avni?

Avni: baal...

She made an innocent pout pointing at her hair which were were up in a bun.

It was prerna who did her hair for today evening. Putting her long locks in a bun was indeed a tedious task. She stabilized it with a number of pins which were troubling avni now.

Neil closed his eyes and sighed.

Avni: kholo inko..

Neil: haan main karta hoon tum yaha raho...

Avni smiled and placed her head on his shoulder. Neil smiled.

He carefully pulled out the pins from the bun and placed them on the table one by one. After the last pin was out he ran in fingers through her dark hair untangling them. Avni hummed and rubbed her cheek on his shoulder.

Neil carefully tried to place her on the bed. Avni laid back and looked at him. Neil smiled at her.

He wanted to go and freshen up and relieve all of his tension and stress. Seeing avni laying peacefully he was about to get up when she held his hand pulled him back.

Avni: tum phir se jaa rahe ho...

She pointed at the dangle drop earrings which were the next one on the list to trouble her. Neil rolled his eyes and smiled.

He carefully leaned and took out her earrings one by one. Avni threw a content smile.

Neil: ab so jao avni... Tum thak gyi hogi...

Avni: aaj mera birthday hai... Par tum... Aaye nahi...

Her words fumbled as she tried to complain. Neil felt a pinch in his heart. He knew he was the reason she cried on her birthday. He cannot undo what's already done. But the guilt of spoiling her birthday will always be with him.

Avni: Galat baat hai. Main angry hoon... Par gussa nahi aa raha...

She pursed her lips. Neil wiped the tears made in his eyes.

Neil: I'm sorry avni... Is baar nahi kar paya... Lekin i promise... Sirf ek din aur hai... Uske baad mera saara waqt tumhara hoga... Har lamha har pal sirf hum honge...

Avni hummed in response but in reality she was fast asleep by now.

Neil: do din mein diwali hai... I promise ki is baar diwali ki aatishbaazi hum ek saath dekhenge... Ek dusre ke haath mein haath de ke... Sirf hum dono, apne pyaar ka izhaar karenge... Sirf hum...

He pressed a gentle kiss on her hand that rested in between his hands.

Seeing her smile in sleep he leaned and kissed her forehead lovingly.

Changing to his night suit he laid beside her holding her in his arms securing her. Kissing her hair he closed eyes and surrendered himself to sleep.

*******

The dawn sunshine hadn't even showed a single of its rays when a sleeping Neil frowned hearing the phone ring.

He groaned in frustration and lazily searched for the phone with his left hand while the other one was holding avni close to him.

Grabbing the phone he cleared his vision. It was the DCP, Akhilesh Rawat. He got confused seeing him calling at this time of night.

Neil: DCP sir subah subah 3 baje.. Huff!!

He sighed and answered the call.

Neil: good morning sir...

The other person on the phone said something so shocking that Neil's eyes shot open.

Neil: what?!! Ji sir main aadhe ghante mein aata hoon.

He hung up the phone and looked at avni. She laid on his chest with a cute pout on her lips. Her facial features seemed so serene that he can keep on admiring her for rest if his life. He smiled and pecked her forehead.

Avni smiled and snuggled more close to him. He chuckled at her actions.

He is a loving husband but he's a policeman too. There are certain responsibilities he have to fulfill.

He pecked her forehead for the last time and got up. Feeling the warmth around her lessened, Avni subconsciously hugged the duvet close to her.

Neil got ready for the day and walked out leaving a note for her.

***********

A calm looking bungalow with bright sunshine around and birds chirping.

A loud scream is heard letting all the birds on the trees fly.

Voice: How dare you?!! Abhi ke bacche teri jaan nikal dungi main.

Peeping through the window I saw a girl running behind a boy of about her age with a broomstick in her hand.

Boy: avni yaar I'm sorry...

It was avni beating the hell out of abhimanyu. And poor abhi pleading for his life. All others stood at their respective places without any movement.

Avni: tera to main khoon pi jaungi...

Abhi: vegetarian hai tu...

Avni: ruk tu... Haddi tod doongi teri...

She was continuously running after him trying to hit him with the broom. Abhi screamed when one hit lashes on his arm hardly.

Abhi: avni abhi to mere bacche bhi nahi huye.. please reham kar... dadi bachao.. ouch!!

He rushed and hid behind dayawanti.

Avni: teri to jaan le ke rahungi main phir avantika ki shadi kisi dhang ke ladke ke saath karwa dungi... Kameene... Pagal...

Neela: avni.. Baccha par batao to abhi ne kiya kya?

Avni: kya kiya maa? Isi ko pucho kya kiya isne kal?

Neela: abhi... Kya kiya?

Abhi looked at avni nervously and gulped some saliva down his dry throat.

Abhi: woh maine...

All others looked at him with anticipating eyes. They wanted him to answer their questions and tell what was his fault.

Anurag: tumne kya?

Abhi: Neil ko avni se kuch kehna tha to maine uske juice mein thoda sa... fruit champagne...

Avni: FRUIT CHAMPAGNE?!!

Abhi: beer...

Avni: BEER?!!

Abhi: Whiskey.. old whiskey mila di thi... thodi si...

All others looked at him with wide eyes. He just spoiled Avni's Date night and now speaking everything. Abhi looked at Avni with pleading eyes trying to earn her forgiveness.

Ashish: lekin kyu?

Abni: kyu ki papa Neil avni ko dekh ke hi blank ho jata hai to maine socha thodi help ho jayegi.. Sorry..

He pouted and looked at Avni. 

She was about to hit abhimanyu once more when she felt her hand held in air. She turned. It was anurag holding her hand.

Anurag: Bas Avni.. galti ho gyi usse...

Avni Looked at Abhi who hid behind Dayawanti with a cute pout on his face. Avni huffed in anger and threw the broomstick away. 

Anurag: cool down.

Avni: kaise cool down bhai.. itne time baad Neil mere saath waqt bitane wala tha.. usne waada kiya tha.. lekin is Abhi ne sab kharaab kar diya... mujhe baat hi nahi karni...

She wiped her tears and walked away. Prerna and others tried to call her but she did not payed heed to them. Sitting in the car she drove away. 

Anurag: Abhi... kyu karte ho aisa?

Abhi: sorry bhai.. main to bas..

Ashish: its okay beta ab jo ho gya usko badal nahi sakte.. but tum usse jaa ke manao.. go ahead.

Abhi nodded and walked away. He knew he had already committed a blunder and now had to face her wrath.

Avni reached Khanna mansion and walked up to her room. Prakash and others were already told about the danger zone avni had been. So they didn't interfere much.

Abhi came there after a few minutes. He apologized to Bebe. He was about to walk upstairs to the room when he was stopped midway. It was Gauri, Our Junior Amma.

Gauri: Aap chachi ko rulate ho...

Abhi: sorry Gauri ji.. Mujhse galti ho gyi... 

Gauri: no... is galti ki saza milegi...

All others chuckled at his plight. Gauri spends most of her time With Avni So she's 90% like her only. She even dresses up like  her. All of her dresses were almost replica of Avni's dresses. 

 Abhi shook his head sideways and sighed.

Abhi: kya saza?

Gauri: 10 Sit ups sorry bolte bolte...

Abhi nodded and started doing sit ups. Finally reaching the 10th one he was allowed to go upstairs and speak to Avni. Reaching Her room he knocked the door. But no response came. He knocked again.

He knew Avni would be sitting in the balcony feeling the light cold winds of the day. 

Abhi: Avni.. main jaanta hoon tum andar ho.. please darwaza kholo na...

Avni as he thought was sitting on the couch in the balcony. She had her phone in her hand. It seemed like she was seeing a video or something. Hearing abhi's voice she ignored him and chose not to say anything.

Abhi: avni darwaza kholo nahi main khol dunga...

She sighed and at her position only. The next moment she felt the door open. She knew it's abhi.

Abhi saw her sitting in the balcony. He knew head hurt her  and now he only have to cheer her up. He slowly walked to her.

Abhi: avni... I'm sorry yaar.

Avni turned the other side. Abhi stood in front of her holding ears.

Avni: abhi chala ja yaha se...

Abhi: sorry...

Avni: abhi...

Abhi: sorry....

Avni rolled her eyes and looked at him. She's angry on him but he knows how to melt her away.

Abhi: I'm sorry...

Avni: it's okay... Shayad maine bhi over react kiya...

Abhi: avni trust me... Maine apni taraf se halka sa add karne ko kaha tha ab woh kitni strong drink thi mujhe pata hi nahi chala... Main Neil ko bhi sorry bol dunga..

Avni: it's okay ab kuch nahi kar sakte...

By now all other family members had came up in the room. They smiled seeing the understanding these two had.

Bebe: waise kisne kaha nahi kar sakte?

Avni: matlab?

Bebe: matlab yeh puttar ki agar dinner nahi kar sake to kya hua? Lunch karlo ek saath?

Abhi: haan Bebe yeh sahi hai... Main abhi tumhare liye lunch date arrange...

All: BILKUL NAHI!!

Abhi placed a hand on his heart when each and every one shouted in negative response.

Avni: agar tune date arrange karne ki baat ki na to main death anniversary arrange karwa doongi... Samjha?

Abhi looked visibly scared by these responses.

Abhi: barabar samjha...

Shweta: waise avni tillu ko ghar ka bana khana bohut pasand hai... Tu wahi bana ke le ja... Phir tillu khush... Tilli double khush..

They were well aware of Neil being a huge fan of home made food and that too when avni cooks for him.

Avni blushed thinking about this and agreed.

Soon they were joined by Mehta family since day after tomorrow is diwali and they had to make a lot of arrangements for the same.

Shweta: waise Bebe me whats says is...

Bebe: waise sunny ek baat bata... Tu London gaya tha... Kahi maharani Elizabeth se shadi to nahi kar li thi tune...

Prakash looked at her confused.

Prakash: Kyu Bebe...

Bebe: Nahi kyu ki teri biwi angrez aur angrezi dono ki sautan bani rehti hai...

All giggled at her comment while shweta made a pout looking at Bebe.

Bebe: accha chal bol...

Shweta: haan to main keh rahi thi kyu na is baar ki jo city centre mein aatishbaazi hoti hai woh hum sab saath dekhe...

She sounded very excited revealing her plan.

Prakash: haan Bebe hum sab... Khannas aur Mehtas...

Bebe: waise pehli dafa hi sahi.. Baat to sahi ki hai tumne... Kyu baccho?

She asked popping her eyebrow at avni Anupre and Gautam who were sitting a bit away and were busy chopping vegetables for the lunch today.

Anurag: sahi kaha aapne Bebe... Mujhe to idea bohut sahi laga...

Avni thinks of something.

Soon the lunch was ready. Avni packed it for two and started for the police station.

She recalls her family planning of seeing the fireworks display together but smiles remembering something. Driving the car she took her phone in one hand and played a voice recording...

Neil: I promise ki is baar diwali ki aatishbaazi hum ek saath dekhenge... Ek dusre ke haath mein haath de ke... Sirf hum dono, apne pyaar ka izhaar karenge... Sirf hum...

Avni: haan Neil is baar hum dono saath honge... Sirf hum

It was Neil's audio recording which got recorded when she was playing with her phone in a drunk state.

Today morning her heart broke seeing the room empty. She at least had expected Neil to stay a bit longer for them but he was again gone leaving a note.

Her hands itched to crush the note and throw it in the bin but her heart adviced her to read once.

It was all casual with Neil writing the usual things he do like do get a coffee take breakfast on time and don't forget to wear warm clothes since the weather has gone a bit cold from past one week. And the last thing he never forgets to mention is "I'll be back soon"

Avni felt anger in her at coming up to her hands and crushing the paper. She threw it into the dustbin next to the vanity and sat there panting.

She was angry on him. She was  hurt by him. She wanted to hold him from collar and ask about what actually he wanted; this relationship or his job but then she sighed seeing a soft pink box on the corner of the side table. They were chocolates, the only thing she likes "after him". She smiled.

Sometimes she feel so angry on him but the next moment he wins her heart all over with his cute antics.

She sighed and walked down the bed. The hangover headache was getting worse and she needed a warm shower before the coffee.

Bheema gave her coffee in the room and she sat Down sipping it.

Her thoughts wandered to her phone. Grabbing the phone from the charging point she noticed a weird notification. The sound recorder app was active and recording audio in the background.

She frowned and opened the recording list. The most recent was of the last night. She thinks. After drinking that juice she did remember nothing of what happened later. Thinking this only she played.

{A/n: italics are the things recorded on the phone while normal font is characters's own present thoughts.}

First thing she heard was her own self.

Avni: mujhe yeh pasand hai... Yeh pasand hai aur yeh bhi pasand hai...

She faintly remembered herself running about the Hall with phone in her hand. And that had caused the recorder to switch on.

Neil: is Abhi ke bacche ki to main... Fruit juice mein daaru mila di isne... Iski to... 

She frowns hearing this. Her jaws immediately clenched as she made abhi the reason of the last night

Avni: iska matlab abhi ne juice mein... Iski to...

She bit her lip and resumed listening.

Avni: aaj avni upar.... Aaj Neil neeche... Aaj avni upar oooo... Aaj Neil neeche... aaaaa...

Avni: CAKE!!

Avni: garmi hai bohut... Sardi hai kam.... Jaldi jaldi khalo cake isse pehle ki woh ho jaye khatam...

Avni: waise main shinchan ke gaane likh sakti hoon.. Nahi...

Avni: tum mujhe pyaar karte ho?

Avni: tumhe saaf bhi karna nahi aata...

A Faint flash of her leaning close to Neil came up in her head. Her ears deemed to be heated rather quickly. Embarrassment is clearly written on her face.

Avni: shit!! Iske baad to accha hai Neil mujhe subah subah nahi mila...

Neil: Avni.. ab humein jana hoga...

Neil: 100... 99... 98... 95.. nahi.. 79.. nahi.. Aahh!!

Those neck kisses she showered in her dear husband were visible in her imaginations. She wanted to dig up the earth and rest in it.

Avni: Neiluu kyu jate ho tum chod ke mujhe... You don't like me?

Avni: aaj mera birthday hai... Par tum... Aaye nahi...

She thinks. At least in her unconscious state she revealed the plight of her heart.

Neil: do din mein diwali hai... I promise ki is baar diwali ki aatishbaazi hum ek saath dekhenge... Ek dusre ke haath mein haath de ke... Sirf hum dono, apne pyaar ka izhaar karenge... Sirf hum...

Avni is stunned hearing this.

Avni: tum har baar yahi kar rahe ho Neil... Hurt karte ho phir Wada karte ho... Lekin har baar is dil ko yakeen hota hai ki tum apna waada zarur pura karoge... Aur tum karte bhi ho...

She took a deep breath recalling each and every time Neil fulfilled his done promises. She smiled a bit.

Avni: is baar bhi tum pe bharosa karti hoon Neil.. Todna mat please...

Avni sighed and continued driving. She was nearly two miles away from the police station when she felt something strange.

***************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 893 5
Random AVNEIL short stories ❀ πŸ€—πŸ€—
22.4K 2.7K 59
Join me in the beautiful journey of AvNeil . Arrange marriage of a two different souls , bonding to come together filling the parts of each other for...
192K 14.3K 54
What happens when Avni gets to marry her boss for 3 months but one of them end up falling in love with the other ?❀️ Plz give it a try .. because I...
14.1K 1.6K 19
Neil loves Avni and so does Avni..!! ❣️Both are unaware of this love...!! Circumstances forced them to be apart..!! But their love stays..!!πŸ€— After...