A Worthy Opponent (HunterxHun...

Bởi Malia_hxh

Raine goes on an adventure to a deadly jungle with mythical beasts to get revenge on a former Spider who dest... Xem Thêm

Intro
Chapter 1: A Sense of Heart (PART I)
Chapter 2: A Funny Feeling
Bonus Scene
Chapter 3: A Magic Duel
Chapter 4: Aftermath
Chapter 5: A Night Out
Chapter 6: How to Instigate
Chapter 7: The Meet Up
Chapter 8: A Coincidence
Chapter 9: A River's Edge
Chapter 10: Forbidden Fruit
Chapter 11: An Evening Flight
Chapter 12: A Fair Game
Chapter 13: Shezun City (PART II)
Chapter 14: Practice Makes Perfect
Chapter 15: Bloodlust
Chapter 15 Bloodlust pt. 2
Chapter 16: The Jungle Members
Chapter 17: A Night at the Circus
Chapter 18: Showtime
Chapter 19: Showdown
Chapter 20: A Glass Wall
Chapter 21: The Jujib Jungle (PART III)
Chapter 22: Dangerous Secrets
Chapter 23: A Broken Wall
Chapter 24: Red Eyes
Chapter 25: A Cold Shower
Chapter 26: An Animal's Aura
Chapter 27: A Warm Fire
Chapter 28: The Silent Hunter
Chapter 29: A Friendly Encounter
Chapter 30: A New Perspective
Chapter 31: A Spider's Lair
Chapter 32: A Win for a Loss
Chapter 33: The Jujib Village (PART IV)
Chapter 34: A Heist
Chapter 35: An Escape
Chapter 36: A Dead End
Chapter 37: The Warden: Part 1
Chapter 38: The Warden: Part 2
Chapter 39: Riv
Chapter 40: Unleashed Emotions
Chapter 41: A Secret Plan
Chapter 42: A True Enemy
Chapter 44: The Chief
Chapter 45: A Grand Opening
Chapter 46: Sharp Ends
Chapter 47: Surrender it All
Chapter 48: A Thread of Courage
Chapter 49: Swallow Your Pride
Chapter 50: Take Charge
Chapter 51: Under Pressure
Chapter 52: Let Your Guard Down
Chapter 53: Fear of Unknown
Chapter 54: Learn and Let Go
Chapter 55: An Unfathomed Bond
Chapter 56: Red as the Blood Moon
Author's Note

Chapter 43: The Break In

44 3 6
Bởi Malia_hxh

"Well don't you look handsome," Bisky said fluffing her hair.

Ahmad chuckled. "And you are a princess as always." He bowed playfully. Though her clothes weren't her usual attire, she was able to sneak in a large pearl pink bow that snatched her waist. Her drabs fell short of her knees, her hair in a bushed ponytail. Silver jewels hung loosely head to toe.

Ahmad's black silk garments complimented his skin tone, bringing out his emerald eyes. His small braid undone, a mask outlined in intricate gold stitches covering his face. A laced chain hung over his forehead.

"Oooooo you are such an eye candy," Bisky beamed as they leaped to the side of the building. Ahmad followed closely behind. He summoned his vines, covering the side of the Chief's temple, and lifting them to a window near the entrance. The sun was setting. An orange hue reflected the temple on one side with deep blue shades near the back.

One animal in sight.

"Alright, Feral said one is positioned at the entrance. And it looks like that deer is it." Ahmad examined the stone bridge that carried the villagers into the heavily gated doors.

"So that's Aariv," said Bisky. "Kurapika and I saw him in the market square earlier. Let's get another view."

The two of them climbed through the shaded side of the temple. The rigid structures were developed and rich as any royal castle. A texture of cream slabs and marble. They shuffled through each ledge, avoiding any view from the windows. The regular guards were no match for their skills.

"Here's a better view," he whispered. They could see the faces of the people clearly, and were in a blind spot of the beast, behind it. "We need a distraction so they can go through. Then take it out once they're in."

"What did Feral say it could do again?" Bisky asked.

"He said it tamed the animals that go in. The domesticated ones."

They leaned in, a view  from the top right of the temple.  A couple of stories above the ground. Feral had told them the animal acted as a beacon for animals to obey. As a camera, it could alert other animals to attack, and more importantly Riv.

"And if we don't take it out now, the people's pets will be turned against us," Ahmad said.

Bisky nodded. "And Riv already knows what we look like, so he'll be looking through it."

They thought for a moment. Their team blended in with the villagers in line. Fancied silk and every jewelry available. They were coming closer to view and the two had to figure out a plan quickly to avoid detection.

"If Riv knows we're trying to sneak in, wouldn't he place another animal by the entrance too? He wouldn't leave it to one animal against all of us." Bisky said.

"That's a good point. We know the other two are a large bird and a small camouflaged dragon. The one backing up this animal could be the latter."

"If the bird came, we would hear it."

They watched the animal closely. Its massive antlers illuminated a brilliant blue light. Its fur was a burnt orange, marked with black striped patterns. A third eye rested in the middle of its forehead, also glowing a luminescent blue. Hinting at its godly power.

As each person passed through the entrance, some with animals, some without, the deer's antlers lit the doorway. The kids bowed respectively, waving and smiling at the creature. Even the animals leaped around excitedly.

"Hey, remember what Illumi said about their natural animal instincts?" Bisky started. "If Aariv is symbolic of nature and animals, do you think it would care if an animal got hurt?"

"Hmmm. You know what, I think so. Especially if they have stronger emotions left in them. Do you have an idea?"

"But would that be enough for a distraction is the question," she thought aloud. "Are you close enough to manipulate from here?"

He squinted his eyes. "Hmm, it's possible but there aren't any plants that I can see to manipulate."

"Then I'll do it. I do have a plan I want to try." Bisky turned to him. "Can you grow me some thorns?"

Ahmad took out some seeds, growing them into a small thorn bush.

"We can't cause a scene but I figure this would be more natural," Bisky said plucking a small thorn off the bush. She held it between two fingers in front of her eye, her hand steady. Then she drew her hand back slightly and flung it at a cat nearing the entrance. A wisp of her Nen following. The cat whimpered and scratched the air radically. Then a little girl picked it up to check on it.

Bisky again grabbed another thorn, then flung it to a dog a couple more families back. It didn't make a sound, not even noticing it. But then the dog limped as it took a few more steps. The owner noticed shortly and knelt down to check its paw.

"Send the bush down there to make it seem they had stumbled into it earlier," she instructed picking off a few more thorns.

Ahmad controlled it steadily, making it seem the wind had picked it up. It landed in a thin crevice on the bridge, and slowly grew bigger.

"Now let's see..." she whispered.

The little girl held the cat but it scratched her to get out of its grasp. The girl yelped and dropped it, the parents turning attentively. As it got closer to the stag, its blue energy slowed the cat down. Calming it. The stag lowered its head towards the cat, determining the commotion. A guard showed up to pick it up gently. Searching for the thorn until he found it then picked it out.

The family with the dog noticed and did the same thing. Searching for a thorn.

"Alright, I'm doing a couple more. Buzz the cone for them to react to the next distraction." Bisky said.

Bisky shot a couple more thorns onto two more animals in the families in front of the team. The projectile smaller than her thumb, yet it landed accurately within the target's limbs.

The team's faces were all covered except for Kurapika who dressed as a girl for this one. They had even put makeup on him for a better coverup. Feral and Illumi had parrots on them.

*Bzzzzz*

Kurapika nodded while the team followed. A couple of guards rushed to the scene, the entrance becoming more full. As the families bunched in, the stag suddenly went on alert, raising its head and looking around.

"Shoot," Bisky said. Ahmad stiffened.

The team immediately turned their heads away from the animal's view but Kurapika stepped in. He walked to the guard and said something, pointing to Ahmad's thorn bush on the path. The guard immediately went towards it, the stag also watching while the team slipped by. Kurapika was still in place waiting.

They removed the bush. The stag finished sniffing out the hurt animals, then resumed the routine.

Ahmad let out a breath. "That was intense. Nicely done Bisky."

"Not just yet. If only one beast is placed there, then another should be securing the other grounds," Bisky said hiding out of view. "I bet my marbles the bird Feral was talking about will be flying around soon. There's no point in keeping it indoors with the others. And Riv's disadvantage is that he can't make a scene. At least for now."

Ahmad peaked out towards the horizon. "Maybe he hasn't sent it out because the moon isn't up just yet. It must require a lot of power to handle all his animals at once...unless he's occupied with other things too. Something drawing his attention."

"How long until Raine is introduced?" Bisky asked.

"I'd say an hour. The sun would have gone down and it would be around eight o'clock give or take."

"Then we should think of a plan for those animals and figure out how to secure the palace once Feral and Kurapika take care of the people."

Ahmad nodded. "We'll be ready."

-

The four of them sauntered into the palace. A red carpet lined the center of the halls. Smooth glossed tiles followed under. The curtains were red while large pillars stemmed throughout the corridor. The four of them had dropped off their offerings and followed the crowd into a great hall. There was food and refreshments being held by the guards on silver platters. Traditional music and delicate sounds filled the air. Animals pranced close to their owners playing with children.

"Okay, this is it. Hisoka. Illumi. You know what to do and stick to the plan. The moment you guys leave, we'll take action. Be thorough." Kurapika said standing with Feral.

"Of course~" Hisoka cooed. The two men went on their way into the grand throne room.

Feral and Kurapika snuck further down the hall. Because Kurapika dressed as a girl, they held hands keeping their heads down.

"Stop frowning and relax," Kurapika told him. "Act like we're together."

Feral awkwardly stumbled along as Kurapika dragged him. "I just met you."

He sighed. "Anyways, this security isn't tight. Riv wouldn't let the guards handle this type of situation. Just keep a keen eye out for anything suspicious and follow my lead." Kurapika relaxed his hold on him.

"Alright," he grunted looking around. They had stopped by the wall. Feral studied the interior, maybe vents were hidden around. The small dragon lizard could be anywhere, blending in with anything. A few birds flew quietly through the air. Nothing was chaotic surprisingly. Guards lined the halls throughout, holding platters of refreshments and fruit. People were mingling with one another and introducing their animals. Feral had never been in the Chief's Temple, so this was surprisingly new compared to the prison. His hands sweat nervously about what they were about to do. His power needed to be in control or he could hurt everyone around him.

Whispers and laughter echoed from women around a corner. An area where it seemed to stray from the party. Feral pointed towards the clearing, "There seems to be—hmph!"

Feral was pushed against Kurapika, both of them crashing into the wall.

"S-sorry! Someone bumped into me." Feral climbed off immediately. Kurapika held the back of his head wincing.

"Are you two okay?" A guard asked noticing.

"U-uhhh yeah! You see—

"Actually." Kurapika cut him off. "Is there a bathroom somewhere? I need to adjust my headpiece." He attempted to sound hurt but he only came off like an annoyed female about to let someone have it.

Feral stiffened. "Yeah, can my girlfriend find a bathroom?" Redness crept through his cheeks.

"Of course right this way." The guard ushered them around the corner. Thankfully where Feral was originally pointing. There were still more people around but only a few. "The lady's room is just ahead."

Kurapika looked around and tugged Feral's arm. "Change courses," he whispered.

"U-uh my girlfriend needs a private bathroom!" Feral stepped forward holding up a finger.

The guard raised an eyebrow.

Kurapika turned away and stomped his foot.

The guard held up his hand. "I'm sorry but that—"

Feral leaned in yet whispered loudly in the guard's ear. "She's on her period...y'know how it works. She's really in it right now and I don't want to cause a commotion tonight."

Kurapika made a face but it only boosted the act.

The guard cleared his throat looking away. "Oh...uh right this way then..." He led them to a new hall, a smaller corridor away from the people. As they went up the stairs to the second floor, another guard stood at the top and nodded. "These rooms are for private purposes of high status. Please be quick." The guard opened the door and resumed their position outside.

"Thanks," Kurapika said then knocked him out with a blatant sidekick.

Feral jumped back. "A little warning next ti—

"Shh." Kurapika covered his mouth glancing back towards the stairs. Then he slowly turned, one eye glaring at Feral. "My period? That's the best you could come up with?"

Feral shrugged. "Hey it worked didn't it."

But Kurapika couldn't help but smile. "You remind me of a friend back at home...." he pushed Feral into the room. "Now get changing while I take out the other guard!"

Feral huffed and did what he was told.

Once they changed into the new clothes and stuffed the guards into the room, they casually headed out through the halls, a mask over their faces. While on the second floor, they followed a path towards the balconies that lead to the throne room. A guard was stationed on each one. But predatory animals loomed near. A boa constrictor sat in the corner of the room on one of the balconies, its body wrapped around a potted plant. A thick python slithered on the opposite end. People loomed near, very trusting of them. It was busy up here as it was down there where Hisoka and Illumi engaged.

Kurapika and Feral grabbed a platter to hold, walking around the balconies surrounding the great room. Long red curtains draped the cream walls in a decorative velvet texture.

But as Feral wandered to the edge of a rail, a small breeze shuttered at him. His nose crinkled.

What's that smell?

It was bitter. Full of chemicals. Familiar chemicals. He straightened himself, carrying the platter back to the doorway, waiting for Kurapika to come back.

"Kurapika," he whispered they retreated back. "Do you smell that?"

"Smell what?" He leaned in.

"Something's off," Feral searched the room around again, sniffing the air.

"I only smell food and alcohol," Kurapika replied after a moment. "Just keep doing what you're doing until Hisoka and Illumi leave."

Feral frowned.

Right...I have to release the gas into the room.

I won't kill them, I won't kill them, I won't kill them. It'll be okay...the roof will open and they'll only breathe it for a moment. Everyone will live.

Kurapika nudged him. "Keep moving and serve. We'll take care of the Chief after."

Feral took a deep breath.

Do it for Raine. Do it for me.

-

"Okay that's everyone," Ahmad said. The entrance about to close. He made a small whistle noise, Benny floating up before them.

"Let's draw it away from the entrance. Bisky, take these seeds to get closer. We only have one shot. One in the ear."

They noted the sky's setting. It was finally sunset behind the mountains. The moon just behind the temple. Closer and closer to the Blood moon's peak.

They raced down without waiting. Time pushing them forward. Bisky flung a seed into the stag's ear with ease.

But in that instant. Its eyes gloomed red staring down at them as they landed. A presence stumping them in their paths, frozen. The beast was at least six meters tall. But before it could roar, Benny attacked it from the side, his invisible claws sending it down the stairs. The stag rolled to get up but Ahmad immediately exploded the plant, blooming it into a thick black vine hardening across its body, trapping it into a circular dome.

"That was too slow," Ahmad landed by it huffing. "It probably alarmed—

*SKRIEEEEEK*

Ahmad and Bisky immediately covered their ears. The griffin expanded its wings, pumping winds, strong enough to blow them off the bridge. Ahmad extended a vine to catch them and hauled them back onto the path. But the bird sliced its wings out, shooting its feathers like arrows as it pierced the stone ground below them.

"He knows we're here," Ahmad said dodging accordingly. The griffin had too much of an advantage in the air for Benny to attack. He was also swept easily by his wing beats.

Ahmad leaped to higher ground, shooting his vines out but the bird's speed was too quick and dodged with ease. "I can't get it!" He said landing in the grass. They stood at the bottom of the hill leading up to the Temple.

Bisky launched to the bird's feathers and speared it back. It clipped the wing and the bird shrieked flying lopsided. Its red eyes angrily emitted red smoke.

"If you could stick another seed into its mouth, I could do the same thing I did as the stag," Ahmad said.

"Right." She sprinted a good distance away from the bird. "But it could deflect it easily with wings. I felt its feathers. They're tough as armor. I need to get much closer because of its wind barrier."

"But if you get close, its song could hurt you. Feral warned us about that!"

"Then follow my lead!" Bisky glared into the eyes of the griffon. It had flown higher, beating more winds down on them. "Give me a vine and the seed!" She instructed through the tornado winds. Ahmad stuck out a vine and Bisky ripped it in half sticking the seed inside one part. "When it makes contact, turn the seed into a thorn bush first. The wind will make it impossible with just a throw. When I give you the signal, create the vine barrier from this other half."

"Wait what!"

"I'm going up myself." Bisky's eyes glowed as she charged her Nen into the vine with the seed. It straightened out, turning into a green rock-solid spear.

An emitter? A transmuter? Ahmad thought.

The bird shrieked again expanding his wings. Bisky grabbed onto a pole to keep her movements steady, her breath turning to flames.

Ahmad's eyes widened.

Bisky lit the vine on fire, then shot it up with immense force towards the bird, a sound as loud as a cannon. But as it shot, Bisky herself launched behind it at a frightening speed, using the vine and fire as a channel to lessen the wind pressure for her. A void with no resistance on her, breaking through the bird's wind barrier. The seed burst into a thorn bush as the vine impaled its mouth. Then Bisky followed with a sharp flip forward, her leg bashing the bird down into the ground with great force.

"Now!" She screamed landing on it, holding it still. The black vines surrounded the bird but a sudden melody escaped it, faster than his vines could cover. No...singing through his barrier.

But she covered its mouth! Why is it still...

"Plug your ears now!" Ahmad cried encasing the bird. Its wings still jerked wildly under her grip.

"I can't or it will escape!"

Ahmad gritted his teeth, finishing what he started. The entire animal finally hardened. Bisky sat motionless over it. Both bodies going still. All that came out were soft whistles of a haunting song.

Ahmad stiffened as Bisky slumped to the ground.

"Bisky!" He ran towards her. He cupped her face and placed his ear against her chest.

She's sleeping...

Ahmad stood holding her in his arms. "Its song must have enchanted you...and I fear only the bird itself can undo it." Ahmad's hair frizzed frantically, then he turned to Benny who appeared beside him. It whimpered hovering over. "Thank you for helping. That's two down. Just one to go that we know of in the palace, and a Spider lurking outside the jungle. Raine is the only one who can take these animals back from Riv."

The only way Bisky can wake up is for Raine to free the bird like she's done with Benny.

Ahmad hid the encased animals and took Bisky to the roof of the palace.

-

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

10.9K 258 20
Illumi x Female Reader There's a time in our lives when we're willing to go mad for the person we love. We question if it's the right thing, and th...
195K 5.3K 35
(Y/n) is an assassin for the (L/n) family. She's gone to participate in the Hunter Exams in an attempt to escape her assassin career. It should be a...
349K 11.4K 48
FANFICTION!! I DO NOT OWN HXH ctto. of the photo *Completed At first, I thought he's just someone who loves to kill. Who loves to see someone in pai...
3.3K 237 27
Isekai Madness Series: Book 1 [SLOW UPDATES] [A HxH Fanfiction] [Hisoka x Op Oc x Illumi] ~ In which a girl was delt a shity hand at life, dies, then...