Stole My Heart

By avery_grace_23

***Book 1*** Peter Harris has to move schools his junior year. He was hesitant at first, but it wasn't all th... More

Introduction
1. First Day at Valley High
2. Girl Problems? Got them.
3. Home Alone
4. What Are We Going To Do With Him?
5. Matter Of Time
6. How Could I Not?
7. FBLA Rep
8. Adopted?
9. Did She?
10. I've Got Her
11. Gee, thanks Mom
12. Cuddle Up
13. Laundry
14. I'll Do You One Better
15. I think I'll Say Yes
16. Wonderful Time
17. Three Smiling Faces
18. Only if you Bring Popcorn
19. I'll Hold You to It
20. Never Been More Positive in my Life
21. Brought up Old Memories
22. I Like Suprises
23. Watermelon Chapstick
24. Our First Kiss
25. I Wouldn't Let Go
26. Who Wouldn't?
27. I Like You a Lot
28. Falling For Her
29. Shouldn't Have Asked
30. You'll Survive It
31. Now We Match
33. I Wanna Kiss Your Apocalypse
34. What's Our Song?
35. Woah, Okay
36. Momma, I'm Home
37. Avoiding Me
38. Porch Swing Angel
39. Welcome To The Family, Bella
40. Mild Altercation
41. You Mean the World to Me
42. I Need to Google How to Say No to My Girlfriend
43. I'll Tell Her Tomorrow
44. My Pleasure
45. With You? Always.
46. Her POV (4K special)
47. Amen
48. Only Warning
49. Petey, I Need You
50. Learned From It
51. You're Very Pretty
52. Can I Think On It?
53. Let's Do This Thing
54. Even Though You Really Walloped Me
55. The Whole Thing
56. I'm Going to Marry That Girl
57. You Fucked Up
58. Auston Was Right
59. One Day (T)
60. Anything Right
61. What Do I Do, Mommy?
62. I Don't Want to Lose You
63. Always and Forever, Peter Grayson
64. If Only...
65. He's Yours
HALF A HEART

32. Happier Than I Have Been in a Long Time

365 14 11
By avery_grace_23

"Wanna go shopping with me tonight?" Taylen asked as we walked to math class together, on the last Friday of October.

"Uh, sure. Where?" was my response.

"Mountain Home."

"Okay. What time?"

"Do you have after school practice?" she asked.

"I'm not sure. I'll ask Dad during lunch."

"Okay. I have cheer after so I'll have to go after that. If you do have after school practice, do you want to ride with me or do you want to meet me in Mountain Home?"

"I'll go with you."

We decided to finish talking details after class as we had made it to the door. I pulled her chair out for her, just to see her reaction. She rolled her eyes and laughed. She sat down and thanked me.

We sat through a boring math lesson and finally the clock hit 12:30. Taylen and I headed to the gym.

"Hey dad," I started as I opened the door.

Auston and Savannah were in the same position that Taylen and I were in on Monday but slightly less clothed.

"Oh sorry," I backed out and shut the door.

We stood there a second before regaining our composure. Mason walked in from the side door.

"Are they still not done?" he asked with a laugh.

My eyes widened.

"What?"

"They've been in there for 15 minutes. Either one of them sucks or they are shooting for more than one."

"I think they've only made it to third," I whisper.

"Gross," Taylen whispered back.

Finally we found my dad. He was talking with the girls basketball coach. He told me that we didn't have after school practice so Taylen and I agreed that I'd stay and watch the cheerleaders.

My afternoon classes seemed to creep slowly along. I figured it was due to the excitement of going somewhere with my girlfriend again. The last time we went anywhere together was a week ago and it ended badly. I managed to get myself whipped twice and then some, made literally everyone in my life mad at me, and I cried a lot. I don't like crying. Anyways, when the bell finally did ring for us to dismiss from a long hour of practice. We ran so many plays and I was exhausted . This is why we weren't having after school practice. Dad had planned on having a hard practice.

I took a quick shower in the locker room and walked over to the elementary school where the tornado safe room is. It was quite a short walk since the school is so small. The girls were just arriving for their practice. I took a seat in a chair by the wall. I hadn't seen Taylen yet so I just waited. After about five minutes, Jae and Tay strolled in.

Tay walked over to me and planted a kiss on my lips.

"Practice will last an hour if you want to go and come back or I can meet you there if you would prefer," she told me, giving me an out.

"I'm good, girlie. I'll wait here until you're done."

"Ok, there's snacks and drinks in my bag if you want anything."

I nodded and she left to go change. There were two girls who were already dressed and stretching. I figured that they were in trouble for something. People don't show up to practice early for no reason. Sure enough as soon as Taylen came out of the restroom dressed in a teal sports bra and tiny black shorts, she gave them a dirty look.

She led them through their warmups and began to practice some of their sideline cheers. When they were done with that she began to teach them a new routine for half time and before the game. After what was actually an hour and a half, she dismissed them from practice. Everyone hugged her or kissed her cheek, even the males, making me extremely jealous.

When she came out fully clothed again, I immediately kissed her. She passionately kissed back and we stood like that for a moment. When she pulled away her eyebrows were furrowed. Her confused face never ceased to amuse me. She tilted her head to one side like a confused puppy.

"What was that for?" she asked.

"Just because," I smiled at her.

We walked to her truck, I assume she drove today.

"Wanna drive?" she asked with a smirk.

"Sure," was my response.

Not that I would ever tell her this but her driving scares me. She takes curves a little too fast and doesn't understand the difference between a stop sign and a yield sign. I climb into the drivers' seat and instantly adjust it. My legs did not fit.

"How do you drive this thing? You're 5'2 and what 100 pounds. Can you see?" I asked with a laugh.

She laughed too, "Barely. I have to adjust the seat a certain way."

She held my right hand resting on the console and we listened to songs as I drove us in her truck to town. She told me to pull into the Dollar Tree just beside Walmart. I hopped out and opened her door for her.

"What are we getting here?" I asked her as we walked into the store.

"Since homecoming is Friday, we're having spirit week at school so we got to get our outfits. And don't worry because your mom and I already discussed yours," she explained.

"O-kay."

They sure do talk a lot. Mostly to plan my life.

We walked around and she picked out little things for us and stuck them in the cart.

"So what are the days?"

"Monday is nerd day, Tuesday is twin day, Wednesday is character day, Thursday is decade day, and Friday is, of course, black and orange day.''

"So what am I wearing on Monday?"

"Your momma said you had some suspenders and khaki shorts, a green striped shirt and a pair of glasses."

"Won't that be super nerdy?" I asked idiotically.

"Yes, Peter, that's the point," she giggled.

I love how my name sounds on her lips. I love it when she calls me my name. She only does it when she's teasing me or she's upset though.

"I love the way my name sounds coming from your lips," I murmured.

She gives me a cute smile and pecks my cheek.

"Do you want to twin with me on Tuesday?" she asked, "keep in mind we're already dressing up for tomorrow together."

"Yeah, what are we twinning?"

"Tomorrow we're doing zombies, cheerleaders and basketball players and you need to be at my house by 11 in the morning, by the way. We're having this event at my church that we are going to and then we have a Halloween party. Speaking of, ask your mom if you can stay at my house. Then for Tuesday, we're going to find something at TJ Maxx to wear."

"Damn ok, that was a lot of information."

"Peter," she scolded.

"Sorry. Wednesday?"

"On Wednesday, Hoe Squad is dressing up as a group and you are welcome to join us," she said sweetly.

"What are y'all being?"

"It's Whinne the Pooh. I'm Pooh, Jae is Eyore, Reese is Tigger, Alex is Piglet, and Mikey is rabbit. You would be Christpher Robin since he's Pooh's best friend and you're mine."

"I'm your best friend?" I asked in disbelief. No way was I her top friend, even though I considered her mine.

"As much time as we spend together, Peter, of course you are," she kissed me softly.

"You're my best friend too," I kissed her again.

We got what we needed from the Dollar Tree and went across the road to Walmart.

"I have to get a lot of stuff while we are here. I don't want to make two trips so I'm going to do the grocery shopping now," she told me as we grabbed two carts.

I walked with her through almost every aisle of the store. My legs were killing me. First we had an awful practice, then I came with her and they are just begging for mercy. My rump is not nearly as sore anymore though, so that's a plus.

We were checking out and our total was nearly $500. Taylen wasn't fazed though. She swiped her card and bought all the stuff she needed for her Halloween party, our spirit week crap, and a whole lot of groceries. We had both carts full. I'll admit it was a fun experience to go shopping with her.

It took us ten minutes just to load everything in her truck. Thankfully, it was spacious enough.

"Do you have to unload this all yourself?" I asked when we got back in and I had started the thing.

The late October air was chilly but not bitter. It was colder than I thought normal fall weather ought to be but I guess that's how God wanted it to be,

"No, Daddy and Carter are home," she responded.

"Oh good."

When she dropped me off at school, she hugged me tight. I held her for a minute before drawing back, searching her face for emotion. The only one she offered me was one of joy and that made me happy, happier than I've been in a long time. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 210 8
The heroes try to gain information out of a stubborn man. Instead, the night turns into someting else... something much darker. A Linked Universe fic.
947 155 73
Meadow Collins was a shut-in high schooler that secretly loved to party behind her mother's back, but one night-as she waited in line at her local cl...
269K 7.8K 133
"š‘»š’‰š’†š’“š’†'š’” š’“š’†š’‚š’š’š’š š’š’ š’˜š’‚š’š š’š’‡ š’˜š’Šš’š’š’Šš’š’ˆ š’Šš’‡ š’Šš’ š’•š’‰š’†š’Šš’“ š’†š’šš’†š’” š’šš’š’–'š’š’ š’‚š’š’˜š’‚š’šš’” š’ƒš’† š’‚ š’…š’–š’Žš’ƒ š’ƒš’š’š’š’…š’†."
98.3K 1.4K 49
šˆš­š¬ š­š”šž šŸš¢š«š¬š­ šššš² š›šššœš¤ š­šØ š¬šœš”šØšØš„ , š€ššš„š¢š²ššš” š¢š¬ š§šØš° š¢š§ šŸšŸŽš­š” š š«ššššž, š°š”š¢š„šž š¬š”šžš¬ š­š”šžš«šž š¬š”...