Sign of the Times | Liam Dunb...

By f4brays

β€·β˜…π”°π”¦π”€π”« 𝔬𝔣 𝔱π”₯𝔒 𝔱𝔦π”ͺ𝔒𝔰 "I fell in a hole." "Yeah, I know. You pulled me down with you." β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’ TEE... More

Sign of the Times
Back to the Future
New Kid
The Vixen
Wolf and the Fox
Killers on the Field
Wells and Anchors
Scared
Bonfires and Gasoline
Badass
A Good Something
Just Breathe
Temple of Doom
Coming Home
Gum Girl
Intense
The Language Trick
Kitsune DNA
Oblivious and Alone
You Have A Visitor
Oh Mercury
The Supermoon
Nemeton Hunters
Family Troubles
Charlie's Angles
All Over Again
Help A Friend
Not Like Us
Work with the Enemy
Broken Nose
Good Enough
Best Date Yet
The Little One
Party Hour
Bullet Wounds
Radio Static
Be Polite
Wake Up
Horseback Riding
Leave Your Mark
Not Alone
The Rat King
On Our Own
As Good As Us
I Can Heal You
Rumors
Clark Kent
Someone to Trust
Believable
Bloody Hands
The Anuk-ite
The Voice
Turned to Stone
Hiding Something
Doomsday
Part Two: The Movie
Phone Home
Old Friends
Reunited
Deja Vu
Stuck in Time
Fox Fire
A Question

I Hate That Guy

2.7K 116 124
By f4brays

"Scott, Malia and Lydia are going out to Canaan. He said to go through with the plan as long as it doesn't destroy his house." Liam told Belle as the two of them walked down the school halls.

Belle nodded before she completely processed Liams words and her face scrunched. "Wait. What plan?" Liam turned to Belle, looking at her as if it was obvious. "Hayden's plan."

"Hayden didn't have a plan." Belle said, shaking her head. Liam looked at her, slightly betrayed. "You said she had all these ideas about how to catch a ghost rider."

Belle looked at the boy as if he were crazy, shaking her head. "She had one idea. It was pretty bad. And then she had another really bad idea." Liam sighed in defeat at Belles words before turning back to her with raised brows. "Anything that could work?"

Belle groaned, stopping just outside of their classroom. "Yeah, but it's terrible. And I really don't want to do it."

"Great. Let's do it." Liam said, totally dismissing the last portion of Belles words. The Parker girl rolled her eyes, knowing she was going to regret going through with Hayden's crazy idea. "Well, we need to break into the faculty storage room."

"To save the whole town from ghost riders?" Liam laughed out before shrugging, shaking his head. "No problem."

...

After class started, Hayden met up with the two and they stood just outside of the storage room, waiting for the coast to clear and the teachers just down the hall to leave so they could go inside.

Liam turned to Hayden and Belle, raising his brows at the girl. "Do either you have the list?" Hayden gave the boy an innocent smile, pointing at the side of her head. "It's in my head."

"What if you forget something? Is that a good idea?" Liam asked and Hayden shrugged. "Belle memorized everything we need too." She said and Liam looked at Hayden like she was crazy.

"And you think that's a good idea?!" Liam whispered yelled, making Belles jaw drop. "Hey! That's really— actually he's right." Belle said and Hayden rolled her eyes, looking down the hall and noticing the teachers had left. She turned back to Belle and Liam, smirking. "Okay, now."

Hayden ran for the storage room door, running in with Liam and Belle after her.

As they searched for everything they needed, Liam groaned. "Can't we just buy a lightning rod?" Hayden scoffed at the question, her eyes not leaving the shelves un search for the items. "Sure, if you've got $2500."

Belle turned down the last aisle of shelves and jumped back in fright when she got startled by Mr. Douglass sitting at a small table. "Jesus Christ!" She muttered, catching her breath and catching Hayden, Liam and Mr. Douglass' attention.

Hayden and Liam ran towards Belle, their eyes widening the same way Belles had at their teacher and his desk of crowded items. The man's eyes went wide, quickly shoving everything on the desk into his bag. "What are you doing here? This is faculty only."

"Then why are you the one leaving?" Hayden asked, watching the man curiously as Belles eyes drifted to the table. "Plugs and wires? Are you making a taser?"

Mr. Douglass snickered at Belles question, looking at her as he continued to pack. "No. No, of course not."

Liam squinted at the man before his eyes slowly widened. "You saw them, didn't you?" He asked, making the man straighten up. "You should be in class." He said, dodging the questions but Belle shook her head, taking a step forwards, blocking the man from leaving. "Was it the night of the lacrosse game? You saw the lightning, the men, and the horses?"

The man looked between his students before sighing in defeat. "Dozens of them." He muttered and Liams head tilted, moving to stand beside Belle as he watched the man oddly. "Then what?"

Mr. Douglass placed his things back on the desk, leaning back against the table and crossing his arms. "It was chaos. They were everywhere. Some of the kids were running. But for everyone else it, it was like there was nothing there. They couldn't see a thing."

"We did." Hayden said, stepping to stand on the other side of Belle, making the man look at her with raised boy as she smiled. "And we've got a lot more to tell you if you really wanna fight back."

...

"The lightning strikes the rod, which sends the bolt down into the tunnel." Mr. Douglass explained after taking the three teens to his classroom.

Belle jumped back to sit on one of the desk, crossing her arms as she nodded. "We grab the Ghost Rider push him into the bunker, and we trap him there." She shrugged out and Mr. Douglass turned to hers, raising her brows. "How do you keep him from riding the lightning back out of the tunnels before you get him into the trap? And get off that desk."

Belle shook her head no, getting more comfortable on the desk. Hayden grabbed her girlfriends hand and turned back to her teacher. "Well, if the lightning strikes again, it'll just hit our rod. He won't be close enough to grab on."

"But, shouldn't we assume the ghost riders have some kind of control over where it strikes?" Mr. Douglass asked, tilting his head. The three teens stayed silent, making him chuckled. "Just because physics can't explain it today doesn't mean there won't be a logical explanation tomorrow."

"So, if they have control, then how do we stop 'em?" Liam asked, leaning back onto the table Belle was sitting on, crossing his arms over his chest.

"We need to absorb a lightning bolt." Mr. Douglass said, making Belles eyes go wide, sitting up slightly. "Can we do that?" She asked, swinging her feet slightly.

"Not with anything we have here. I can't build a conduit strong enough to absorb even half that much energy." Mr. Douglass sighed out, shaking his head as he looked at the rod.

The school bell ringing, indicating class was over, stopped their conversation. Mr. Douglass looked up from the rod to the teens, nodding his head out of the classroom. "You guys should go."

Liam nodded, part of him feeling iffy about Mr. Douglass. Liam grabbed Belle and Hayden's arms, pulling them into the hallway as the other classes let out.

"Instead of a conduit, maybe we can find a person to absorb the lightning." Liam said, trying to not get pushed to the ground by the harsh pushes the other high schoolers trying to get to class.

Belle scoffed at his words, looking at him like he were crazy. "I don't even think Kira could do that."

"Josh could. He ate electricity." Liam said, shrugging his shoulders as Belle shook her head. "Josh is dead." She said and Hayden's eyes slowly widened. "Yeah, but his power didn't die with him." Hayden said, an idea coming to mind.

Liam turned to Hayden, his brows furrowed as he stopped walking from the halls emptying. "May as well have. We can't get to it."

"We don't know that. Not for sure." Hayden said and Belle slowly started to catch onto what Hayden was thinking, hating the plan. "What are you saying?"

"You know what I'm saying." Hayden said and Belles face fell, shaking her head. "If you're saying what I think you're saying, you're insane." Belle said, Liam nodding along with her.

Hayden looked between Belle and Liam, a begging look on her face. "I know it's insane. But I need you guys with me on this."

...

"Almost there. Last chance to bail. Please bail." Belle said as she, Liam and Hayden walked through the Argent tunnels. Liam kept his eyes ahead, huffing slightly. "If we're gonna stand a chance, we have to do something drastic."

"There's drastic and then there's this." Belle said and Hayden turned to her girlfriend with a strange look. "I thought you liked this plan!"

Belle laughed at Hayden's words, turning to look at her from over Liam. "Oh, I never said I liked this plan."

Liam groaned at the girls arguing, raising his arms slightly. "I know, it's not the perfect plan-" "It's not even a good plan." Belle interrupted, earning a glare from the Dunbar boy, making Belle shut up as he continued to talk. "But we need the bad part of the plan to make the good part work."

"You think she knows it's a bad plan?" Hayden asked as the three of them turned the last corner of the tunnels, running into the "she" in question.

Noshiko.

"Anyone would know this is a bad plan. Which is why I have to ask you one more time, are you sure you don't wanna change your minds?" The woman asked.

Liam didn't know why, but just being in the same presence as the woman made him angry. From what he could remember of the lady, she was nice but right now, something in him was ready to attack her.

"We don't know what else to do. It's like the ghost riders are unstoppable." Hayden said, shaking her head in defeat. Noshiko scoffed out a laugh at Hayden's words, nodding her head. "They are unstoppable. They've been riding the storm and taking souls since long before I was born."

"We won't survive them. Not without your help." Belle said, hoping the woman would give in help and them. Noshiko looked at Belle for a few seconds before sighing, reaching rhonda her back and pulling out Kira's katana from its strap. "Kira entrusted me with her sword while she's with the skinwalkers. And now, I'm trusting you because I believe she would want me to. Do not mistake this for me agreeing with your decision."

"I understand." Belle said, taking slow steps towards the woman before she froze.

Belles head tilted at Noshiko, looking at in confusion. "Do you have any more kids?" Belle blurted out, catching everyone off guard.

"Belle!" Hayden whisper yelled at the absurd question. "Excuse me?" Noshiko asked, looking at Belle with wide eyes. "Arabella, that is not a polite question to ask." Noshiko reprimanded and Belle looked at Noshiko like she had seen a ghost, shaking her head. "How do you know my real name? I... I only told Scott my real name."

Noshiko turned away from the girl, trying to remember how she knew the blondes real name but her mind blanked. "I- I'm not sure. How about you get back to your plan." The woman deflected but Belle continued to stare at the woman, not knowing what to say.

Liam, realizing Belle wasn't going to speak, spoke up. "Kira just stabbed her sword into the ground." He announced, catching everyone's attention. Noshiko turned to him, nodding her head ever so slightly. "If you want to do this, you'll have to do it yourself."

Noshiko turned to Belle, stretching her hand out to hand the girl the sword. Belle looked up at Noshiko before hesitantly grabbing the sword.

"Once it's done, whatever happens will be your responsibility." Noshiko said before walking out of the tunnels.

Once the woman was gone, Belle felt herself relax and even Liam felt his anger go way. Belle slowly turned around to look at Liam and Hayden, with nervous look. "Are we completely sure about this?"

Hayden nodded, stepping forward to stand beside Belle and not smiling after, Liam did the same, sending Belle a reassuring nod. "For Mel."

Belle sighed, nodding her head and looking back to the ground. "Yeah. For Mel." She mumbled.

With that, Belle Parker raised the sword in the air before bringing it right back down.

The tunnels shook as the katana set into the ground. A blue glow emitted from the sword before seeping out into the ground. A large crack grew from the three teens, reaching about ten feet ahead of them before the ground started to cave in.

Suddenly, a hand popped out from the rubble, a recognizable scream following that they all knew.

None other than Theo Raeken crawled out from the rubble, growling as he stood up. Once he was finally standing and had caught his breath, Theo opened his eyes to see who had saved him and suddenly, he was filled with rage at the sight of Belle, Liam and Hayden.

Theo jumped towards the three, grabbing Liam by the shoulders and throwing him into the tunnel walls before pinning him, making Belles eyes go wide as she stuck her arm out to stop him. "Woah! Theo! We're not trying to hurt you. We're the ones that brought you back." Belle yelled, going to try and rip Theo off of Liam but Hayden held her back.

"Where's my sister?" Theo yelled and Belles brows furrowed, shaking her head. "Your sister's dead. She died a long time ago. You killed her, remember?"

"I'm gonna kill you, too." Theo yelled, pushing Liam into the wall further before looking back at Hayden and Belle. "I'm gonna kill all of you."

Belle glared at the boy, already regretting the plan. "Hey! You know what this does?" She yelled, raising Kira's sword, catching Theos attention, making her continue. "It'll send you right back to that Hell hole you just crawled out of."

Theo slowly let go of Liam, the Dunbar boy pushing Theo back as Hayden spoke. "We need your power to help us. Then you can kill whoever you want. But if you do kill us, you're gonna end up worse off than ever."

"There's nothing worse than what I've been through." Theo grumbled, making Hayden's brows raise. "You ever hear about the ghost riders?"

...

"What makes you think this is gonna work?" Theo asked as he grabbed onto the metal rod beside him after the teens filled Theo in on their plan and got Mr. Douglass to the tunnels to set up the rod. Hayden shrugged at the boy, crossing her arms over her chest. "You took Josh's power. You can do it."

"Here we go." Mr. Douglass said before flipping the switch on his board and suddenly, electricity ran the the rod in Theo's hands. They watched as the electricity ran through the boy and he fell to the ground in pain. Mr. Douglass looked at the boy for a few seconds before sighing in disappointment.

"That was only one billion joules." Mr. Douglass said, making his three students eyes go wide. "Only?" Hayden asked, making Mr. Douglass nod. Belles brows furrowed at the man. "Well, how many joules are in a bolt of lightning?" She asked, looking at her teacher. "Five billion." Mr. Douglass said, looking up at Belle as Theo groaned in pain.

"Well, I'm fine, by the way. Thank you for your concern." Theo said, making Belle glare at him, tilting her head at him as she wanted him start to stand back up. "You don't have Josh's power anymore, do you? Or Tracy's."

"Guess I'm back to classic Theo." The boy shrugged out, chuckling, making Hayden scoff. "Maybe you should try some remorse, since you killed them for their powers."

"I just put them back the way I found them." Theo said. Belle boy the inside of her cheek, shaking her head. "Asshole." She muttered before taking the cover off of Kira's sword, catching everyone's attention.

"What are you doing?" Mr. Douglass asked and Belle kept her angry glare on the Raeken boy. "I'm gonna send him back." Belle muttered, raising the sword, making Theo's eyes go wide as he shook his head.

"Hold on! I can help. I know about the wild hunt from the dread doctors. I also know about things I'm betting you don't." Theo said, throwing his arms out to stop Belle.

"I'm with Ms. Parker on this one. Send him back." Mr. Douglass said, making Theo look at the man with wide eyes. "Who's making decisions around here?" He yelled before he turned to the three teens, pointing at them with wide eyes. "Where's Mel? I know I broke her nose but she sure as hell wouldn't let you guys send me back there."

Belle, Liam and Hayden froze at Theo's words. He remembers Mel. Theo looked at them with furrowed brows, shaking his head. "Hello?! Is anyone gonna answer me?"

"You said Mel." Liam mumbled and Theo looked at him in confusion. "Yeah. Melanie? Your girlfriend!" He said, hoping to knock some sense into the boy before turning to Belle, pointing at her. "And your best friend." He said but they were still frozen in shock, confusing him.

"Melanie Yukimura?! What the hall is the matter with you guys?" He screamed, clapping in front of their faces. At the action, Belles once confused stare turned into a cold glare, her eyes turning yellow as she grabbed one of Theo's arm, twisting it around so it was behind his back before pinning him to the wall, his back towards her as the boy groaned in pain.

"Never clap in my face again. You hear me, Raeken?" Belle growled and the boy barely nodded.

"You said she was a Yukimura?" Belle asked, her fangs out and her eyes going back to their normal hazel. Theo groaned in pain, nodding. "Yeah."

Liam took a small step towards the girl, putting a hand on her shoulder to calm her down. "Belle. That adds up. Remember, you were asking why you lived with the Yukimuras. And... and the stuffed animal, I had a fox version. If she's a Yukimura, she's a kitsune." Liam said and Belle turned back to Theo, letting go of his arm and backing away from him. "Maybe he's useful after all."

...

"You said you know all about the ghost riders. So do we get Mel and the others back?" Belle asked as she watched Theo pace around Scotts kitchen island. Theo pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing. "You can't. The wild hunt comes. The wild hunt goes." Theo said and Liam squinted. "But they're still here. And they're still taking people."

Theo's eyes widened at Liams words, turning around to face him and Belle. "That's not possible. They're the wild hunt. They're not just gonna stick around. Unless..."

Liam and Belle watched the boy as his eyes fell to the floor, slowly growing wider. Belles brows furrowed at the boy, shaking her head. "Unless what?"

Theo looked back up, locking eyes with Belle. "Unless they're stuck."

Liam face fell further, if that's even possible. "You're gonna help us." He said and Theo shook his head. "Liam, I don't know what to do."

Liam angrily shrugged at the boy. "Well, you remember Stiles and Mel, so clearly you know more than we do. So you're gonna help us or you're going back."

The sound of the front door opening caught the threes attention. They all knew Scott's scent and Liam and Belles locked eyes worriedly,l which Theo immediately noticed. "Let me guess. Scott wasn't a part of this plan, was he?" He asked just as the alpha walked into the kitchen, freezing at Theo.

"Somehow I don't think we're gonna hug this out." Theo said, making Belle scoff out a laugh. "You think?" Belle asked as Scott glared at the boy. "I hope you realize it's taking all of my strength to not tear you in half right now." Scott said as the door opened and another person walked in.

Malia.

"Hey, Malia. You aren't still upset about the whole shooting thing, are you?" Theo asked, letting out an awkward chuckle. Malia roared at the boy, jumping towards him, sending him straight to the ground.

Scott's eyes went wide at Malias actions, sticking his arms out in front of Belle and Liam, pushing them back protectively as Malia continued to punch the boy.

"It's okay, you don't have to stop." Theo mumbled and Malia growled, sending another punch to his face. "Trust me, I won't."

"Malia, enough! Hey. Slow down, okay?" Scott yelled and Belle nodded. "He's right. Lemme get my camera." Belle said, going to run to the living room to get her polaroid out of her bag but Liam grabbed her wrist, stopping her.

"He's going back in the ground." Malia grumbled and much to her own dismay, Belle groaned, shaking her head. "You can't." She said and Malia turned around to look at the two sophomores, making both of them take a step back in fear.

"Why?" Malia growled out and Belle gulped. "He remembers Stiles." Belle said, knowing Malia would be more effected if she knew Theo knew about Stiles then Melanie.

"Scott remembers Stiles. Lydia and I remember Stiles." Malia said. Belle opens and closed her mouth, not knowing what to say, making Liam jump in. "He remembers Mel."

"Both of you remember Mel. I remember her." Scott said and Liam and Belle turned to the boy, Liam shrugging. "Not completely. I mean like I can hear her voice and... and her touch but not her face. Theo does."

"The dread doctors knew all about the Wild Hunt. He can help us." Belle said and Malia got off Theo, glaring at Belle for her drastic plan. "Or he could kill us."

"He's my responsibility. Noshiko gave me the sword." Belle said, raising the sword in her hands slightly, making Theo chuckle. "It's so awkward when parents fight."

"Shut up!" Belle yelled, her eyes glowing yellow, making Scott's eyes go wide. "Belle, you need to calm down." He went to put a hand on the girls shoulder but she shook it off. "I can't!" She yelled, making the room grow quiet.

Belle took a deep breath, her eyes going back to normal. "If Theo tries anything, we'll send him back to the skinwalkers. But for right now-" "He goes back now." Malia interrupted. Scott turned to Malia, sending her a warning glance, knowing if Malia kept arguing, Belle might snap.

"Okay, look, I know that there's mixed feelings all around. But I might be your only option to stop the Wild Hunt." Theo said, pressing his hands against the kitchen counter and leaning on it.

"I need to talk to you." Scott muttered angrily, grabbing Belles arm and pulling her into the living room even though everyone in the kitchen could still listen in on them if they wanted to.

"What, don't you trust me on this?" Belle asked, already knowing what Scott was gonna say. The McCall boy looked at Belle with wide eyes, shaking his head. "I trust you. I don't trust him. Do you?"

Belle scoffed, shaking her head. "No. But I think we can use him." Scott sighed, knowing Belle just wanted Stiles and Melanie back even if it meant getting Theo's help. He looked at her with worried eyes, thinking her plan would crumble on top of her. "Belle, remember who he is. He got into your head and you tried to kill yourself. And when that didn't work, he did kill me. And Tracy, and Josh, and his sister."

Belles face fell at the mention of the supermoon but she took in a deep breath, looking up at Scott as she shook her head. "This might be our only chance to get Melanie back. And Stiles."

Scott groaned at her words, giving Belle a "Really?" look. "Can't we just try to find somebody that we at least trust?"

Belle pulled her lips into a line, holding her head high to show her determination in her plan. "Look, this might be a mistake. But you don't know that yet. And you made mistake when you were learning to be an Alpha. I know that. I was there for them."

"But we don't have time for mistakes." Scott said, his voice grumbled slightly before he continued. "I can't lose Stiles."

"And I can't lose Melanie." Belle snapped, making Scott's eyes go wide, taking a small step back in shock as she rose her brows at him. "So we should try anything we can to save them. Right? Even Theo."

Scott and Belle had a small staring match until Scott sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Convince me."

—THE BELLE AND BAYDEN CONTENT WE ARE GETTING/GONNA GET>>>

liam being subconsciously mad at noshiko for abandoning mel without even realizing it💔

AND NOSHIKO KNOWING BELLES REAL NAME BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT DID KNOW IT WERE SCOTT, STILES AND MEL BUT SHE DOESNT REMEMBER STILES AND MEL KNOWING BUT MEL WOULD CALL HER ARABELLA AS A JOKE AND NOSHIKO HEARD IT ALL THE TIME WHEN THEY STILL LIVED TOGETHER

and incase it wasn't obvious, melanie is belles anchor so she's going a little crazy

and since mel is also liam's anchor, we'll get into it more next chapter on why he's not acting like belle🧍‍♀️👩‍🦯

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

896 111 18
[π‰π”π‹πˆπ„ & 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππ‡π€ππ“πŽπŒπ’ π’π„π€π’πŽπ 𝟐] π–£”π–£”π–£”π–£”π–£” the band is back, but it's only the beginning. includes slowburn romances, new band...
96.9K 3.9K 31
A young goddess born from the strongest god, finds herself in Olympus during the 4000 years council, to debate on whether to let humans live for anot...
85.2K 1.4K 19
What happens when Dean, and Sam Winchester find out they have a sister who isn't exactly human, and has a lot of secrets
663K 40.6K 105
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...