ASSIMILATE

r11yh1sokA által

Know it all. Smart mouth. Unpredictable. All of these words used to describe someone, most of these seen as u... Több

looking out
for you
i stop
trying so
hard to
different person
i would
friday
how could
you ever
imagine a
world without
you
the thought of her
drives me
away
so i must
leave her
Getting distracted
by your
hate for
my love
So when
finally love
yourself
the same
way
i love you
Wondering
when ill say
all the things
i wish
you knew.
When will
we accept
this heavenly
love?
Starting to
regret the
decision I
made when I
began loving you.
The final chapter.
bonus chapter

will you

5.6K 260 1.3K
r11yh1sokA által

You remained silent, you didn't want to answer the question nor did you know what you meant when you said that either.

"Let's talk about something else..."

"I need to know what you meant so I can confirm something,"

"Confirm what?" You asked while standing apart.

"I'm not telling you unless you tell me."

"Fuck. I wanna know though-"

"So then tell me what you meant and I'll tell you what I'd be confirming," he stuck his pinky out as an offering and you stared at him.

Oh how much you hated how indecisive you were. Was it really worth telling him? Well, you could get away with giving him 70% of an answer.

"I don't know what I meant...exactly," you muttered.

You both squinted your eyes at each other because neither of you believed it. He grabbed your hand again and led you out of your dorm without explanation, he looked a confused once the words left your lips with hesitation.

You just let him, you didn't know where he was taking you but you trusted him enough to follow wherever he went. He stopped just outside the building, you stood in front of each other in the back of the dorm where there were a couple of bushes and the back door you had been familiar with the outside.

"Why did you take me alllllll the way out here? You couldn't have said it-?"

"Because Mikasa was looking through the crack in her door, watching us." Eren explained.

"I need to talk to Erwin." He suggested abruptly, you looked at him a little funny because you didn't understand why.

"Uh...okay?"

"Great. Let's go," he led you all the way past the parking lot just to talk to Erwin and you didn't understand still, he was being so weird and flustered it made you worried for his sanity.

He brought you into Erwin's classroom, he was sitting at his desk with glasses on and a paper in his hand. He tilted his head down as Eren entered and quickly stood in front of his desk.

"I need your help. I'm confused." Eren said in front of Erwin.

"About what?" Erwin asked while lowering his glasses.

"I can't say it out loud..."

"So then why'd you even bring me?!" You shouted from the top of the steps, you turned and stood outside the door so they could talk in private.

You looked through the window in the door and watched Eren talk to Erwin, you could only hear muffling but you heard Erwin laughing at Eren while Eren was not so pleased.

"Y/n! I have an assignment for you." Erwin shouted loudly.

You opened the door, Eren was standing awkwardly in front of his desk and you approached them both.

"Yes?"

"I want you to visit Carla with Eren today. Like right now. Then report back to me," Erwin instructed.

"Okay..."

"Go on. Do that thing you guys do," he shooed his hands as if he was waiting for something more but you stood there lost.

"No. It's awkward if you're telling us to,"

"Dear lord you are a handful. Just get out before I pinch you," Erwin sighed before returning to grading papers.

Eren turned around and started walking back up the steps without another word, you followed behind all the way to Eren's car where he started to drive you to the hospital.

"Are you okay?" You asked while looking at him from the corner of your eye.

He nodded and continued to drive before you arrived at the hospital and both got out. To your surprise, when you go to her room he put his hand on the door and opened it.

"What? Why do you look shocked?"

"I thought you couldn't share the same air?"

"Only other people with cystic fibrosis can't be around her. Just to be extra safe we agreed not to share the same air at all but something changed." Eren explained calmly.

"Oh..." you still hesitated to walk in the room but he grabbed your hand and pulled you with him in the room.

All of a sudden it got awkward being able to meet her face to face, she was reading a book and side-eyeing Eren. You didn't know why until you noticed that Eren wasn't wearing a jacket, he walked to sit next to her bed with full sleeves being shown.

"Are you trying to kill me off?? Cover those before I cry," she huffed in annoyance and he started laughing, you sat next to him while she put the book down on her lap and eyed both of you.

"I didn't bring a jacket with me,"

"Did you bring your girlfriend on purpose so that I wouldn't be that upset that you're not wearing a jacket?" She asked with her arms crossed.

"We're not dating," you and Eren both said.

"Then why are you here? I'm getting older y'know? You haven't had a girlfriend since middle school. Tell me y/n...what's wrong with him?" She complains.

You started laughing and Eren rolled his eyes.

"There's nothing wrong with me-"

"He's a know it all and can be really rude," you cut off.

"So then what do you like about him? Erwin says you two hang out a lot," Carla hinted at, she tutored her head as she waited for your reply and Eren looked at you too.

"Yeah...what do you like about me?"

"You're funny." You blurted.

They both just stared at you, they looked like they were waiting for more but that's all you had to say without outing yourself on how you felt or all the little things you liked.

"He's never gonna get a girlfriend..." Carla sighed and rubbed her face in distress.

"Is that really it?" He asked you.

You froze up and just looked to the side, he seemed a little concerned by your answer but then his mom started talking to him about something else that you were tuning out.

He was listening and engaging in whatever she was talking about, you were looking at her again but didn't really say anything because the question has stubbed you.

What did you like about Eren? It was more than just his humor, it was how he didn't hesitate to help you like he used to. The way he helped you wasn't in a pitying way it was more of a reaction, he didn't have to think about it. It was just something he did.

You kept trying to find more but honestly, there was nothing specific that he did that made him any different from anyone. It was rather how he made you feel just by being around you.

"Have you two eaten yet?" She asked after minutes of you being lost in thought.

"I haven't,"

"Why are you here?! You will get weak if you don't eat! Go on there is a restaurant within walking distance," she insisted while shooing her hands just like Erwin did.

"But I want-"

"No. I need a nap anyway," She insisted again.

Eren listened and got up to walk to the door, she smiled at you in a slightly unexpected way. You smiled back and she look like she knew something, maybe Eren said something when you weren't listening.

You got up and caught up with Eren while waving at Carla who had a little redness in her cheeks. Eren took all the right turns and walked down all the halls until you walked out of the building together in silence.

He started walking down the empty sidewalk, it looked like a clear shot straight to the restaurant that would be on the left side. You were walking on the left side and he was on the right where the road also was, you were side by side and observing the places you passed.

"Why are you so quiet?" You asked; you glanced to the right to look at him and he was just staring forward with s blank face.

"I like you. A lot," He announced with the wind carrying his voice nice and clearly.

You stopped walking completely, he kept walking casually but your eyes were stuck wide and you froze. After a couple of seconds he realized you weren't next to him and stopped walking too, he turned around and blinked at you.

"Why did you stop walking...?" He asked before taking a couple of steps in front of you.

"I know you're rude and everything but jokes like that aren't funny,"

"I wasn't joking." He responded, he tutored his head just a little and scrunched his face up.

"Yes, you were. That's not funny to toy with people like that,"

"I do like you-"

"Ohh...as a friend? You should be a little bit more clear next time Eren!" You smiled once you convinced yourself that's what he meant.

"No not as a friend-"

"Best friend? I mean you're a little rough on the edges but sure,"

"No as something more. You can't tell me that we've just been kissing each other as friends..." He expressed skeptically.

You stared at him and the smile slowly faded off your face, you couldn't gather what he was implying because in your mind it was simply impossible for him to feel that way about you.

"I know you like me too. That's what you meant by "I don't want to pretend like nothing happened anymore". You feel the same so accept it," he persisted intensely.

He moved his hand over to yours, he stood in front of you and held your hand while leaning in closer to you. You put your hand on his chest to stop him and he looked a little confused.

"I don't care how long it takes," he whispered in your ear.

"How long it takes for what...?"

"For you to accept it. I don't mind waiting," he had a little smile on his face before he backed up and turned to walk again with you by his side.

You were lost on how to reply yet you didn't let go of his hand. He just casually walked with his hand holding yours tightly, he opened the restaurant door and you both walked in to sit down at one of the tables.

Eren stared at the menu on the table and you stared at it too but kept glancing back up at him constantly. You looked up at him more than you looked at the menu.

"You don't believe me, do you? That's why you're staring," he blurted.

You looked back down at the menu and tried to figure out what you wanted to eat while ignoring his question. You heard him laugh a little and continue looking at the menu.

A waitress came by and took both of your orders with the menus so you had nothing to look at besides him.

"I hope I'm not making you feel pressured or anything...?"

"You aren't. I just don't know how to reply,"

"Is it because of Hitch? I don't like her," he reassured.

"It's not Hitch." You responded before meeting your eyes with his.

"Then what? You scared?" He asked jokingly.

That was honestly the best way to describe your doubts, you weren't having doubts about him it was more so you. You knew your feelings were clear to you but the thought of commuting was off-putting.

You didn't want to risk leading him on but you didn't want to make the either of you uncomfortable with coming to grips with your own confrontation. He was waiting for your reply patiently and you were trying your best to actually give him an answer.

While thinking, he kicked you under the table to get your attention.

"Um?!"

"Stop being weird. You don't need to get nervous I'm still the same guy who told you that you were stupid. This is why I don't tell you when I do nice things because you get all weird," he said to you.

"I'm not being weird."

"You haven't said anything in like five minutes. Just pretend I didn't say anything if you're gonna act all awkward," he shunned.

"I already said I didn't want to act like nothing happened so that's horrible advice."

"Tell me what you want then,"

Yet again another question that you had to think about.

"Dude." He sighed and directed his hand up to your jaw where he brought your face closer to his and leaned forward to kiss you. He tilted his head with the movement of his lips against yours.

He bit down on the bottom of your lip and rubbed his thumb back and forth against your cheek.

"See. You know how to be normal so just keep acting like that," he enlightened whilst parting his lips from yours.

"Okay-"

"Really? Didn't think you'd actually listen," he chuckled and the waitress put the food in front of both of you before she smiled and walked away.

He ate a fry and observed you with a smug expression at your willingness for once to listen to his suggestion.

"If I make you nervous then why are you so rude to me?"

"You just answered your own question," you responded while eating.

"Can you stop sitting like that? Your back probably already sounds like sticks being stepped on," he asked of you.

You forgot he how much he hated your posture, he was right you did sit really bad but how annoyed he got with it was really funny.

———

"Stop trying to kill me were teammates." Eren snapped while you kept hitting him with your axe in the game you played on his couch.

You ignored him and kept hitting him on the head with the axe to piss him off. Thankful, nothing was weird between the either of you because he just told you to act the same and didn't press you about it like you expected.

Eren kept trying to run away from you on the screen and you chased him, he kept cursing and you were laughing at him. He snatched the controller from you and put it on the floor with his.

"Why are you like this??" He complained, you had a smile on your face and tried to reach for the controller again.

"No," he pushed your hand away sternly and you turned your head at the sound of something hitting the floor in the opposite direction of Eren.

"What was that?" You asked while slightly turning your head back to Eren.

"Don't know. Don't care," you turned to see him close to your face with no intention of backing away.

Your hands rested on your lap since he kept pushing them away, he put his hand on top of yours before fully pressing himself onto you. You weren't sure why he seemed so anxious despite already telling you how he felt...even so, you couldn't deny him.

The hand he wasn't touching had slid up by his jaw and he started leaning forward, you laid back onto the couch with your legs in between each other and his body on top of yours.

Things felt different because of how aware you were of each other now. Things were out in the open and he sure as hell confirmed it with how roughly he was kissing you. You were used to be unsure why you'd gotten so close to him but now that thinks we're clearer in your mind, you only wanted to get closer.

You didn't even know if it was physically possible to get closer to him based on the way his body was quite literally up against yours. He slid your other hand up the side of his shirt and you were extremely hesitant to go any higher.

He rubbed his tongue against yours slowly, the brushing of his tongue against yours was rough and slow. He was persistent but persistent with permission, the way your head naturally kept tilting up just a little with how he kissed you.

Your head was turned to the side and you took both hands and kept them on his jaw to keep him stuck to your face. Your breathing began feeling heavier on your chest, all the oxygen was being taken out of your body all because you didn't want to do anything else but keep your lips against his.

They were soft and yet still so comforting. His arms were by your head, holding himself up but you naturally moved your hand back over his chest. You could feel his heart beating faster than you were expecting, when he noticed your shock he smirked a bit and placed one hand over your hand that was on his chest.

You locked fingers and all that bliss and exhilaration very quickly came to an end.

"Hey man, sorry about what I said-"

You were flat on the couch under Eren and he bit your bottom lip a bit harder than normal when he heard the sound of Jean's voice from the hall to the right.

"Fuck..." you whispered with a loud sigh.

"Oh," Jean mumbled after both you and Eren leaned up to look at him.

"I didn't even know you were here. I thought you gave me your key back?" Eren responded; completely ignoring the other problem of the situation.

"I didn't and yeah I texted you saying I wanted to apologize but you didn't reply so I've just been waiting for you. See you've got other things to be worried about though,"

Eren's hand was still locked with yours, he holding his hand over the back of the couch and Jean could see your fingers intertwined with his.

"If you guys were together you should've just told me that man."

"Why does it matter to you? You two broke up over a year ago," Eren rebuttals.

"Because she's still my ex and that's weird."

"So it's not weird when you sleep with Ashley then?"

"Why do I hear my name being called?"

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

178K 7.6K 41
art credit: @/svcllr on twt An unappreciated new time artist as yourself finally gets one of your pieces in a museum. Your first night at the exhibit...
28.3K 1.2K 58
"You just want to have sex. I want to make art." Erenxfemreader Eren Jaeger already has a muse, but there's something about you he simply can't resi...
1.6K 90 22
MATURE LANGUAGE THERE IS SOME SMUT but there are always warnings before mature themes. Skylar has been to and from the Underground and happens to hav...
19.7K 508 65
You're a new recruit in the Survey Corp with a mission that extends beyond "the sake of humanity". Joining with two childhood friends, you're able to...