haute monde. || nct jaehyun f...

By anxdyie

kwon bora is in a partner ship with jung jaehyun. both business and bed. [12/15/2020 - ] More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15 - M
16
17
19
20 - M
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33

18

199 8 1
By anxdyie

1:53 AM – Kang Medical Center, Busan, South Korea

Bora woke up with her head pounding. As she fluttered her eyes open, she was met with the familiar hospital ceiling. There was a dextrose attached to her arm, with the bag halfway empty. Despite her blurry vision, she attempted to scan her surroundings.

She was inside one of the VIP hospital rooms, at the Moon Wing, of course. There were two figures on the couch, one slouched on the other. She figured it was her brothers but who –

"Dad?" she croaked out, her voice dry and hoarse. There a man standing by her bed, who moved when they realized Bora was conscious.

"Hey, Bora." Bora recognized the voice but it wasn't her dad nor was it any of her brothers or cousin. "You should rest."

"No, I—" Bora insisted sitting up but the man held her shoulders, pinning her down. His palms were warm and familiar. As if she was used to his touch. "Who are you?" She narrowed her eyes at the figure, trying to make out his face.

"Rest." The person said instead.

And Bora lulled back to a dreamless sleep.

The next time she awoke, there were voices arguing in her room. She wasn't surprised when she found her brothers and father going at it.

"I just don't understand why you agreed to this. You've put your sister and Jung Jaehyun's life in danger! Do you know how much of a big deal this is?!" Moon Hajoon shouted.

"Can you tone it down, Dad? You're gonna wake her up!" Yuta placated him. "And they're both fine! Iseul said the surgery was successful and Jaehyun's at the other room recovering!"

"You don't get what you started. Jung Seo-jun is on his way here to see his son – his heir. And he's gonna want answers. What are you gonna tell him then?"

"Oh, I don't know? That Lee Taeyong's a fucking psychopath and stabbed his son?"

"You have no evidence of that! And you're declaring war with the Lees!"

"We do so! We can fucking prove it that. And Minhyung said it himself, he's not gonna let his father do that—"

"Guys." Taeil was the one who stopped the argument when he noticed his sister staring at them blanly. "Bora." He immediately went to her side, holding her hand. "Hey, you okay?"

"How's Jaehyun?" Was the first thing Bora asked. The guilty formed a lump in her throat that was hard to swallow. "Is he okay? Can I see him?"

"He's okay." Taeil was quick to reassure, rubbing her hand with his thumb. "Iseul managed to stitch up the wound in time. He's recovering. You can see him soon."

Bora's lower lip wobbled as she let out a sob. She felt so exhausted. "This is all my fault," she blamed herself. "Jaehyun's hurt and now... Moon Corp's deal with Jung Enterprise..."

"Hey, that's not your fault, Bora. None of this is. It's Lee Taeyong's fault, okay? And the deal... well we wouldn't even have it if it wasn't for you in the first place." Taeil tried to calm her down, his other hand wiping the tears away from her face. "What's important is he's recovering, and we'll make sure he gets the justice he deserves, okay?"

"Bora." Yuta spoke from the other side of the bed. Bora didn't even realize he moved closer. "He's going to be okay."

Bora could only nod at her brother's words, leaning closer as Taeil pulled her into a hug. Hajoon only watched the exchange from afar, not bothering to approach his daughter.

When Bora met his cold gaze, he let out a disappointed sigh. "I hope you realize there are consequences to your actions," he said.

"Jesus, Dad. She's in a hospital bed!" Yuta berated but Hajoon only walked out of the suite.

Bora felt her chest squeeze and she cried harder onto Taeil's chest. Yuta walked around the bed to join their hug, reassuring his sister that everything's fine and that they're here for her.

While in the other room, Iseul was updating Sungchan regarding Jaehyun's condition. After almost four hours of surgery, they were able to stop the bleeding on his lower stomach and managed to stitch him up. She advised to have him confined in the hospital for another 2 days so they could monitor him. After that, he's free to go.

Sungchan thanked her before excusing himself to make some calls to his family to inform them about his brother.

Iseul was left alone in the room, staring at the unconscious Jaehyun in bed. To ease of her guilty, she did one last check of her vitals before exiting his room, not before calling in a nurse to supervise Jaehyun while she was gone.

To her surprise, she found Johnny waiting outside the hallway, standing up from the waiting chairs when he saw her walk out the door.

"Johnny." Iseul called out to him. Unlike a few hours ago, Johnny's clothes weren't covered with Jaehyun's blood this time. He's cleaned up and switched into a much comfortable pair of pants and sweater.

Iseul can't say the same for her. She hasn't dropped by home ever since she had to perform surgery to Jaehyun. It's now 2:09 in the morning, and she has yet to wash her face.

"How is he?" Johnny asked as Iseul walked to him. "He's gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, he will be." Iseul ensured. "What are you still doing here?"

"I dropped by to see how Bora's doing. She's awake by the way. She's insisting on seeing Jaehyun." Johnny gave her a heads up.

Iseul let out a tired sigh. Great, she's gonna get yelled at. "I should probably make sure she doesn't rip out her dextrose." She headed for Bora's room with Johnny on her tail.

Just as she predicted, Bora was getting up from her bed and trying to take off the tube on her arm. Her brothers had stepped out to grab some food. She didn't notice Iseul approaching her until she spoke. "Let me." Quietly, Iseul carefully removed the IV tube.

Bora looked at her, unsure of what to say. She swallowed her pride and blurted out, "Thank you."

Iseul's hand paused as her eyes stared at Bora in shock. Understandable since all Bora did was give her snarks and insults.

"For saving Jaehyun's life." She continued. "I owe you."

"It's my job," Iseul responded, proceeding with freeing Bora's arm from the IV. "You don't owe me anything."

Bora just nodded quietly, biting her lip. "Besides," Iseul continued. "This was my plan to begin with. I'm grateful to you and Jaehyun-ssi for helping me. It's me who owe you guys. Big time."

"Well, you can start that by being an actual good girlfriend to my cousin." There's that Bora snark Iseul was expecting.

She let out a chuckle. "You'd be pleased to know I'm not engaged to anyone anymore," she informed, giving Johnny a loving gaze. "I'm all his."

Johnny's face hurt from grinning at Iseul. He felt mushy and fuzzy inside it felt gross but he liked being gross for Iseul so who cares.

"Gross." Of course, Bora called them out on it, as expected. She was too eager to leave and check on Jaehyun. "Can I go?"

"Are you sure it's okay for her to walk around and about?" Johnny asked. It was a scare to him when he had to carry Bora's limp body after she fainted earlier.

"Well, she's hydrated enough." Iseul gave Bora's skin a weak pinch, watching it return to normal after a second. She then fished a juice box from her coat pocket. "Here. You need more vitamins."

"I'm not a kid." Bora snarled but took the beverage anyways. She then stood on her feet, regaining a bit of energy from the long sleep she had. "Now if you'll excuse me."

Bora left the room, leaving Johnny and Iseul alone again. For a second, Iseul let herself collapse on the chair next to the bed.

"You alright?" Johnny minced towards her, wrapping an arm from behind. He nuzzled his face into her neck, peppering soft kisses on her skin. "You've had a long day."

"Mm." Iseul hummed in contentment, tilting her head to the side to give him more access. "It'll be a longer day later."

"Oh?" Johnny started nipping on her and sucking on the spot under the ear. He hugged her more tightly; his hands roaming on her front. "How come?"

"Well—the boards holding a meeting about the incident last night. This'll be my chance to snatch the chairwoman position from my mom." This is the moment of truth, whether Iseul's gonna continue living under Kang Ilhwa's reign or not. She can't back down now. Not when she's so close to her goal.

"You'll do great. You have your staff and patients' trust. No one else is perfect for the position, Iseul." Johnny's hum vibrated against Iseul's skin, sending a shockwave of pleasure down her body. She forced herself out of the chair before things could escalate between them. "What's wrong?"

"Johnny." Iseul gasped out, hand covering up her forming hickey. Her expression was flushed, and she can feel her breathe go ragged. "We shouldn't. I have a meeting later this day."

"Right. Of course." Johnny cleared his throat upon collecting himself. He smoothed down his sweater, feeling his heart hammering through his chest. God, just looking at Iseul made him feel breathless. Despite the obvious fatigue on her features, she still looked beautiful. "Dinner tomorrow night? Well, later night."

Iseul lips curled into a smile as she reached out to cup Johnny's face. "That sounds perfect." She slotted her lips against his, a hint of tongue slipping in to lick the back of his teeth. She pulled away before Johnny could reciprocate.

"Tease." Johnny chuckled after failing to chasing another kiss to Iseul. He fixed himself up again just in time when the Moon brothers returned with a bag of food.

"Where's Bora?" Taeil noticed the empty bed in the middle of the room. He knew he shouldn't have left their sister alone.

"Probably went to see Jaehyun." Yuta said. He settled a plastic bag down on the small table in the corner, pulling out various flavor milk drinks. He helped himself to the melon flavored one while tossing Johnny the chocolate one. "She keeps asking about him like a broken record."

"She's worried about him. Give her a break," Iseul defended. "They both had a traumatic experience. Be easy on them, okay?"

"Yeah, don't be a dick, Yuta."

"Fuck you, Johnny."

"Alright. Just promise me you guys are gonna take care of her? She's vulnerable right now." Iseul can't help but feel responsible for Bora's well-being. It was her plan that got them here in the first place.

Three of the Moons murmured three different responses, agreeing to whatever Iseul was asking of them.

Meanwhile in the other room, Bora was watching Jaehyun's chest slowly rise and fall. Good sign that he was alive. She looked down at his hand, her fingers itching to reach out and link them together. But she remembered the image of his blood spread across her palm. She retracted her hand, gripping on the bed sheets instead.

Bora sucked in a deep breathe, the tight feeling in her chest worsening at the sight of Jaehyun's unconscious body. She couldn't breathe; she's starting to feel faint by the second. She was sure was going to collapse if not for the demon's voice breaking her trance.

"Look at you all tears and snot."

Park Chaeyoung came into view, sliding right beside Jaehyun's bed, her hands finding solace in Jaehyun's. Unlike Bora, she wasn't scared of holding onto Jaehyun like her life dependent on it. Like she was made to hold Jaehyun like this. She deserved him more.

"They should give you actor of the year award with how easy you can pretend to care about Jaehyun." she hummed, stroking her ex-lover's face with her thumb. "After all, you did this to him, didn't you? You fucking bitch."

Bora can hear the venom from Chaeyoung's voice. It felt like a dagger stabbed onto her chest, which she assumes is much less painful than what Jaehyun dealt with - but it hurt nonetheless.

"Listen, Chaeyoung - I--"

"No. I'm not gonna listen to you. You did this to Jaehyun. You're the reason he got stabbed!" Chaeyoung started screaming in hysterics that can be heard from the other room.

Iseul instantly rose from her seat and ran to the other to room to see what's going on. She caught Chaeyoung almost charging at Bora, yelling out cusses at the youngest Moon. She stood in between the two, block each other from going at it. Well, Chaeyoung more than Bora.

"Okay, ladies why don't we calm down--"

"It should've been you instead!"

"You're fucking crazy--"

"HEY! HEY!" The rest of the Moons gathered inside the hospital room to see what the commotion was about. Taeil was the one who grabbed Bora by her arms while Iseul dealt with Chaeyoung. "Ms. Park, please if you would just--"

"Stay away from him! Stay away from, Jaehyun!" Chaeyoung was thrashing in Iseul's arms as the doctor restrained her movements.

"C'mon, let's go." Taeil dragged Bora out of the room, ordering the rest of them to follow him. The Moon slowly evacuated the room; Johnny giving Iseul once last glance before going home with his family.

Once Chaeyoung was alone with Iseul, she calmed down and smoothed down her dress. "Get off me." she shoved Iseul away. "When are his parents coming in?"

"They'll be here soon. Sungchan already called them." Iseul almost forgot about the other Jung whom she was talking to after her operation with Jaehyun. She recalled the younger sibling excusing himself to make a few calls.

"Huh." Chaeyoung laughed to herself, a smirk appearing on her lips. The Jungs are finally coming to Busan, huh. The Jungs from Seoul, one of the most prominent families in all of South Korea.

The Kangs versus the Lees.

Now the Jungs are coming into town.

Mixed in with the insanity of the Moon Siblings and the Kang family, how will the Jungs fare with the craziness of it all?

"They're going to make them pay for this." Chaeyoung whispered to herself, twirling her hair while walking over to Jaehyun's bed. "I'll make sure you'll get the justice you deserve, baby." She planted a soft kiss to the man's forehead. "And I'll make sure Kwon Bora will meet the consequences of her actions."

/

Bora took a long, cold bath as soon as she got home. Sitting in her bathtub surrounded by suds and water – it felt empty without Jaehyun's warm body pressed against her back. She wondered why she's remembering him now. Maybe that's because she's used to spending time with him naked. That's all they did together asides from running her business.

Jaehyun was supposed to be only a fuck buddy to her. But why did it feel like there was something heavier when she held his hand just as his face drained of color? How the ache almost felt unbearable upon realizing Jaehyun's life was in danger?

Jaehyun was always there for her whenever she needed someone to comfort her. Someone to hold her. Someone to be there for her.

And Bora can't even hold his stupid fucking hand.

This stupid trembling hand – Bora can't even look at it.

Afterwards, Bora waltzed into her spacious walk-in closet to dress herself. Why would she even bother? No matter what she wears she'll end up feeling like shit anyway. So, she settled for one of her dull grey sweaters.

She planned on curling in bed and just staying there for the remaining of the day. But that plan went to shit when one of the helpers knocked on her door. She debated whether to answer the door or not but the knocking was insistent.

Getting out of bed, she readied herself to go scream at the poor house helper just doing their job when –

"You fucking shit—" Bora whipped her door open only to come face to face with a familiar one. "Minhyung?"

She knew that boyish face anywhere. Those high cheekbones, those arched eyebrows. The eyes that sparkle every time they met her gaze.

Lee Minhyung looked just as stunning as the last time she saw him. He only looked more mature and his features are more defined than ever. Nevertheless, he took her breathe away.

"Bora, hi." Minhyung took a step inside Bora's bedroom, grinning at the familiarity of the place. "It's been a while since I dropped by, huh?"

"Minhyung."

"Actually, I go by Mark now." Minhyung—Mark corrected, taking another step closer to her. Bora didn't back down so they came chest to chest until Mark's lips were touching her cheeks. "But it's okay, I like it when you call me Minhyung."

"Minhyung." Bora sucked in a deep breathe, shivers running down her spine at the contact of skin to Mark's lips. She took a step back, creating space between them. "What are you doing here?"

"I came here to check on you," Mark replied easily. "I'm worried about you, Bora. I came back for you." 

Author's Note: 

omg finally updated this ahuhufhsakf 

The last chapter was one of my longest chapters so this is is kinda short. Hope this clears out some of the aftermath!! 

Tell me what you think in the comments below! 

Thank you for reading! Have a nice day/night ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

861K 22.1K 200
β•°β”ˆβž€ ❝ 𝖺𝗍 π–Ώπ—‚π—‹π—Œπ— 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗒'𝗅𝗅 π–Ίπ—Œπ—„ 𝗐𝗁𝗒 π—’π—ˆπ—Ž'𝗋𝖾 π–½π—ˆπ—‚π—‡π—€ 𝗂𝗍, 𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗒'𝗅𝗅 π–Ίπ—Œπ—„ π—π—ˆπ— π—’π—ˆπ—Ž 𝖽𝗂𝖽 𝗂𝗍 ! 𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁...
11.5K 450 11
Yuta is a little and his boyfriend Taeyong adores that about him. But that doesn't mean their relationship isn't in the best place at the moment. ...
169K 13.2K 70
In which, Doyoung is a sender and Jaehyun is one of the admins. [for twitter users, use #dojaenctconfessions for feedbacks! ill retweet it]
78.7K 3.9K 21
"Pssst, Pigtails!"