The Musical Alchemist: An Edw...

By Fall0ut

One day she's making cookies with her mother. Another day she's at her mother's funeral. As weeks passed b... More

Information about Main Character
Chapter 1 - It all Starts Today
Chapter 2 - The New Trio
Chapter 3 - A Prayer with a Punch
Chapter 4 - Hey Kitty Kitty
Chapter 5 - The True Novice
Chapter 6 - Hello Mr. Mischievous Hughes
Chapter 7 - I Promise
Chapter 8 - An Unexpected Dog
Chapter 9 - The Dancing Child
Chapter 10 - Was it Worth It?
Chapter 12 - Truth and Lies
Chapter 13 - It was a Rainy Day
Chapter 14 - The Challenges of Moving Forward
Chapter 15 - One Does not Simply Stay Still
Chapter 16 - A Box Among the Sheep
Chapter 17 - A Day in Resembool
Chapter 18 - Armstrong the Pervert
Chapter 19 - Relax? What's Relaxing?
Chapter 20 - Within the books laid Sheska
Chapter 21 - The Final Ingredient
Chapter 22 - Thank Gosh I'm Small?!
Chapter 23 - Oh Not Again
Chapter 24 - Curse You Milk!
Chapter 25 - Forgotten Family Ties
Chapter 26 - The Wrench
Chapter 27 - Happy Birthday
Chapter 28 (Under Editing)
Chapter 29 (Under Editing)
Chapter 30 (Under Editing)
Chapter 31 (Under Editing)
Chapter 32 (Under Editing)
Chapter 33 (Under Editing)
Chapter 34 (Under Editing)
❁ Easter Special! ❁ (Under Editing)
Chapter 35 - United Once Again (Under Editing)
Chapter 36 - Girl on the Battlefield (Under Editing)
Chapter 37 - Close Quarters (Under Editing)
Chapter 38 - Farewell (Under Editing)
Chapter 39 - A New Journey (Under Editing)
Chapter 40 - The Exchange (Under Editing)
Chapter 41 - Cold Soul (Under Editing)
Chapter 42 - Tunnels (Under Editing)
PLEASE READ

Chapter 11 - Deceiving Faces

2.3K 79 10
By Fall0ut

CLARE'S POV:

Regaining my consciousness, I blink my eyes a few times to see I was on Ed's lap... I probably shouldn't get up since I know I'll fall right back down from being light headed. So I wait a couple minutes before attempting to get up.

Ed: Take it easy.

Me: How did you know I was..?

Ed: It's rather easy actually. Your breathing pattern changed.

Me: Hmph I see.

I move up from him and sat beside him, holding the floor to keep balance.

Me: Who knew a dog could have such an impact.

Ed: Now you know how I feel for the past week.

Me: Yeah yeah, but you fell on me too.

Ed: Haha yeah you got your point.

I nod and tried not holding the ground, but sadly I start to loose balance. So back to holding the ground I guess.

Me: Seems like I need to do some training.

Ed: You? training? I thought you did already?

Me: Nope.

Ed: Well it looks like it when you fight.

Me: I guess that's from some of the things I earned money for...

Ed: What did you do?

Sounding concerned.

Me: It's nothing serious, I just did some street fights...

Ed: Um not a big deal, that's a big deal Clare.

Me: Well it did help me out with my financial issues when I couldn't make enough... Well somewhat.

I look to my stomach, remembering the unhealed cut I got from a guy stabbing me with a rusty knife during a match. I was lucky it wasn't fatal.

Ed: Why are you looking at your stomach?

Me: Just remembering stuff.

Ed: Something happened to you one time, didn't it?

Me: And it's none of your concern since it's the past.

I stand up walking to a bookshelf in front of us.

Ed: And what if it effects the future?

Me: It shouldn't.

Ed gets up beside me.

Ed: You never know.

Me: It's okay.

I look to my stomach again, but I did remember it bringing pain when we were coming back to East City.

Ed: Your face says other wise. What happened?

I sit back down and he sits in front of me.

Me: Well... During a fight I was winning, a guy decided to be cheap and stabbed me in the stomach. Luckily though it wasn't fatal, but I didn't expect it to still bring me pain... It still hurts time to time, but I guess it's not fully healed just quite yet.

Ed: When did this happen?

Me: The night before Mustang recruited me.

Ed: So not long ago then?

I shook my head and lifted my shirt a little to show him the medical wrap I wrapped myself with.

Ed: Did you at least go see a doctor?

Me: Yeah I did that night, but they simply just stitched it up, gave me a shot of something, and wrapped the wound with medical wrap... That's all.

Ed: Hmm well you're not over doing yourself for a while okay?

Me: I can still.

Ed: Clare. Me and Al got your back.

Me: But.

Ed: No buts.

Me: Ugh fine.

I lean against the wall and felt my stomach. Why did that guy have to stab me?

***************************************************
On the way back home that night, Ed wouldn't stop starring at my wound. I swear now he's switch from friend mode to more of a bodyguard/doctor mode within those seconds I told him what happened. 

I have a feeling he's gonna make me stay in his room so that he can keep an "eye" on me...

Ed: Clare?

Me: Yeah Ed?

Ed: Wanna stay over at our room tonight? We can discuss the things we read and see if it helps us find anything about the Philosopher's Stone.

I KNEW IT...

Me: I guess. Al are you okay with that?

Al: Certainly.

He smiles and looks back at the road.

Ed: You feeling okay?

Me: Yes Ed I'm fine.

I slightly snap at him. Jeez he's persistent. He moves away from me a little from being scared of me... Good. I smirk and tried to fall asleep... Sadly I can't sleep in cars unless I... And no I'm not doing that again. I sit up and just stared out the window watching the sky as the stars are shinning bright as ever tonight.
As I continued watching, suddenly a shooting star quickly flies by making me jump out of my seat a little. Quickly I wished for Al and Ed to get their bodies back.
I watched the sky a little longer, hoping to find another shooting star, but nothing seems to appear. That sucks. One is better than none I guess.
I look back to Ed who's also looking out the window. Guess he had the same idea. I look over to Al who's starring at me.

Al: Clare?

Me: Yeah Al?

Al: Are you still worried about Nina?

I remember the face earlier. The face Mr. Tucker made as he entered the house... That creepy deceiving face.

Me: Yeah I still am. I have a feeling Mr. Tucker isn't the type of person people think he is.

Al: You sure? He seems very nice.

Me: I'm positive.

I gulp to myself and looked back to the window. I turn my head slightly to see the north star. I whispered to myself.

Me: Nina... Be careful tonight.

***************************************************  
ED'S POV:

I looked at the window the same time Clare did. She talked to Al for a moment about Nina, and her concern for her. When they finished, I for sure thought I heard her whisper her name along with something. But when I looked over to Clare, she turned to me with a face full of worry.

Me: Clare...

Clare: I'm trying not to worry Ed like you said, but I can't help it.

Me: Don't worry too much. Tomorrow she'll be running to us asking her to play again, and everything will be fine.

Clare: You sure Ed? I don't trust Tucker.

Me: I'm sure.

Clare attempts to smile, but quickly fades as she looks back to the window... Maybe I should get some information about Tucker tonight to help Clare not think he's a bad guy. I nod to myself with the idea and looked over to Clare again with the same expression on her face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 6.1K 45
Alchemy. A science formed around the laws of equivalent exchange. Edward and Alphonse Elric learned the hard way that nothing can be exchanged for a...
12.2K 296 8
(DISCLAIMER: This fanfic has elements that strongly relate to a similar story called 'Morphed', by WrathandRain. Check it out, as it is amazing and t...
35.5K 1.4K 55
When a teenage girl falls from the sky engulfed in a red glow, a certain state alchemist and his brother set out to investigate. Marina finds herself...
62.7K 1.9K 38
She took an oath upon herself never to step foot in the basement ever again. The aura vibrating from deep within that place sets her soul on fire and...