Heart of a rogue

By DHKwriting

The caged bird sings with a fearful trill, of things unknown, but longed for still. And her tune is heard on... More

Chapter 1 - Prologue - going rogue
Chapter 1.2 - Prologue - going rogue
Chapter 2 - survival of the fittest
Chapter 3 - Bonfire for outcasts
Chapter 4 - rehabilitation camp
Chapter 4.2 - rehabilitation camp
Chapter 5 - Twinkle and Ms. crazy pants
Chapter 6 - explosive personality
Chapter 7 - Whips And School
Chapter 8 - getting to know camp
Chapter 9 - is that happiness?
Chapter 10 - Death Row
Chapter 11 - Last chance
Chapter 12 - ripple effect
Chapter 13 - valuable lessons
Chapter 15 - mating pull
Chapter 16 - consequences
Chapter 17 - stirring trouble
Chapter 18 - Liyu
Chapter 19 - relieving urges
Chapter 20 - confrontational
Chapter 21 -two options
Chapter 22 - Choices
Chapter 23 - calm before the storm
Chapter 24 - pain and loss
Chapter 25 - Keep fighting
Chapter 26 - trapped
Chapter 27 - Unshaken
Chapter 28 - a hot trail
Chapter 29 - scars tell stories
Chapter 30 - escaping
Chapter 30.5
Chapter 31 - deication to a vow
Chapter 32 - a fight of crimson
Chapter 33 -
Heart of a Luna
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 14 - cheesecake seduction

765 30 1
By DHKwriting

Declan's pov

Alani had been quite adamant when she demanded I search for a Luna. She told me to forget about Lucille, it wouldn't be a while until she would be able to function normally and let alone run a pack with me. It anguished me but my sister was right.

My pack craved a Luna for a while now, they accepted my mourning but now that my mate is back and a lost cause... They want a different Luna. They can't wait years for Lucille. They know of her notorious reputation and don't see her as Luna material. They reject her wholly.

My sister has been suggesting so many different females, some from my pack and some from others. She introduced me to her friend Charlotte who was the only one to spark a bit of interest in me. Another woman just didn't do it for me, just a fiery brunette enchanted my mind.

Charlotte wasn't demanding, she wasn't trying her best for a mating so I agreed to meet her a few times. She was the only one who respected my boundaries and didn't push them.

So I agreed to a date. Of course, my sister was thrilled and arranged everything from the car ride to the fancy dinner.

She was very good-looking, with blond hair and deep, light blue eyes. Maybe even greyish. "Do you mind if I ask about your mate?" I asked her. Of course, she had heard all about mine from my sister.

"Not at all," she replied, "he was the previous Beta of my pack, unfortunately during a rogue attack, he was killed in battle."

Charlotte looked hurt speaking about it but she kept a straight face. "Ever since I met him I strongly wanted children, but unfortunately before we could try he died. I'm looking for a family, Alpha Declan."

"You don't have to be so formal, Declan is fine," I told her, "I'm sorry for your loss, I know that hurt a lot."

She shook her head, "your situation is just as painful as I can imagine."

"It is a tough situation..."

"Well if you ever want to talk about it, I don't judge." She seemed honest so I thanked her.

I didn't know what to do, my instinct wanted to run to my mate but my consciousness knew she wasn't ready to be Luna. Fuck, she even rejected the role fully. If only I never said those things back then, she wouldn't have run and I wouldn't be in this mess.

But at the same time because of it, I started the rehabilitation camp and reunited a lot of households. Good came of my stupidity.

After some small talk and getting to know each other, we started discussing terms of a possible mating. Because Charlotte has been friends with Alani since childhood, I knew most of her quirks and likes. Alani rarely shut up about her friends, so it feels like I know them just as much.

The positive thing about this is I knew Charlotte wasn't the type to just mate for status. As she mentioned she wants children out of this mating. "Is there a limit to how many you want?" I asked.

She shrugged, "I don't quite mind, maybe two or three? What about you?"

"One male would be fine to continue the bloodline." I thought about the future more than myself.

She nodded and understood where I came from, as an Alpha, I needed an heir. A strong one. "And how would your mate fit in this picture? What if she suddenly behaves? I don't want my children being ignored because you'd rather share a future with your mate." Charlotte started.

She was brutally honest, but I understood it would be a concern. She was about to take a bite of her chocolate dessert when a piece fell onto her white dress. I chuckled a little, she was clumsy, which was quite cute.

She blushed a little and tried wiping it away which only made it worse
"Declan! Don't laugh!" She said embarrassed, gaining a bit of eye staring at her which made her blush even more.

I laughed honestly, it was fun to see her mess it up more. At first, she seemed so formal and of course, there were very formal rules to be set up for a political mating like this but I find it very important that I enjoy my time with my mate. "Here..." I handed her a wet napkin through my laughing.

"Thanks." She giggled and it helped a little to lessen the brown stain. "Next time I won't wear white."

"I'll remember that," I replied. "Should we put certain rules in a contract?"

She thought for a moment, "Well, I trust you... But maybe a few? I don't care should you have children with another woman, but I don't want to be pushed into the background. I have feelings too." She paused, "same goes for my children."

I liked her protectiveness of offspring she didn't even have yet, I needed that. "I understand and I need you to be a proper Luna, my pack is important to me and they need a caring luna soon."

We agreed upon certain rules which I would put in a contract for us to sign. Which would be somewhat along the lines of our offering will come first. Charlotte will be my partner, my name, and my confidante for the rest of our lives.

Every fiber in me was howling at it. I felt like mourning again. But this...

This was necessary.

After our dessert, we walked around the park until the car would pick us up.

Strangely we rarely shared a moment of silence, she was pretty talkative when she felt comfortable but I found myself going with that flow as well. We shared our love for nature and family life, we both yearned for it.

We even joked about the name Alexander, I'm not naming my heir Alexander. I'm just not, she was disappointed but she was laughing through it, which was good. "I do want to discuss one more thing..." She started when the car parked in front of my pack.

I'd go back to camp, unfortunately, my mind couldn't stop thinking about seeing her.

"If we do mate, I expect you to go back to living here. In the pack, like every Alpha does. You set up a great concept but I do want my mate here, I'm not the only one going to care for the kids." She paused, "that's my last condition, I swear."

I hummed and wrapped my arms over each other, "Fair point, what if Lucille does have a change of heart? Would you let her live at the edge of my territory?"

She also thought for a moment, "Sure, but could you handle that? I understand the thought of you wanting her safe, but again, I'm not the only one in this mating. I'm not going to be like a second wife or something, you understand what I mean?"

"You want me to clarify you'll be the only mate forever."

"Yes."

I wanted to groan, there goes my condition. But what did I think? Use Charlotte for now because it's convenient for my pack and when Lucille does want me I can just trade. It's inconsiderate of Charlotte's feelings...

She saw how conflicted I was and softly placed her hand in mine. "Just think about it for a few nights yeah? I know it's a tough decision." She was sweet and considerate of me, so it's only natural I should be too of her.

She was a great option as a Luna, I can just see my pack adoring her.

Of course, this remained on my mind even when I returned to camp and went to study. I didn't expect Abel to wait for me, but I welcomed him inside my office. "Everything okay?" I asked him.

He nodded, "Yes Alpha, I had such good news that I had to tell you today..."

"Well go on," I said after he remained silent, now I was curious.

"Today, Lucy controlled her anger when someone bumped into her with a hot tray. We're improving!" He seemed enthusiastic.

It made me growl low in the back of my throat which confused him and me at the same time. Abel is spending a lot of time with her, time I don't get to spend with her. "A-Alpha, I'd never..."

"Ugh, I know." I groaned into my hand, "I'm just frustrated and don't know what to do with the whole Luna thing. But it is great news, I needed a bit of good news..."

"And-" Abel was interrupted, someone mind linked him so I asked him what was wrong.

Mind links are issued throughout the pack to communicate, it's like a walkie-talkie in our heads.

"What's wrong Abel?"

"Lucy excited her tent, she knows she shouldn't walk around camp after lights out!" He groaned, "damn, after a good day she does this!"

But then his face seemed confused, "she's heading to the bakery..."

"Let's go before she does something that makes me have to put her on death row again." We both sped towards the bakery and were both surprised she even managed to get the door open so easily.

But there she was standing in the light of the giant fridge, she seemed startled as we both ran in. "Jeez, you almost made me drop it!" she scolded us.

Abel was the first one to rush to her, "You know you can't go outside after lights out! What are you-" he paused, "you're checking your cake now?"

I also approached her and found myself sniffing the delicious smell of lemon. Lucille looked at me innocently, "I just wanted to check on it..." She held onto the tray tenderly.

Those long, slender fingers gripping the edge tightly.

I sighed deeply, "how did you even get in here?" She scared me shitless, I thought she was swiping a knife or something.

She seemed hesitant but after looking between Abel and me she showed her hand. It easily deformed into a claw, which shouldn't because she's wearing the damn cuffs. "I'm not using them to hurt someone, just check on my cake." she showed it to me, it looked good too.

Why did my inner wolf swoon at the sight of her holding her cake in front of her adorably? I couldn't help but pet her head, confusing us both. After I realized what I did I stopped and pulled my hand back.

"I'll handle this Abel, just tell everyone it's alright. You deserve a good night's rest." I dismissed him knowing he already stayed up late to tell me about the good news knowing he had to get up early again.

He nodded respectively and told Lucille good night. She placed the cheesecake on the counter and waved at Abel. "Bye, twinkle!"

I looked at her, "still calling him that?" She was such a tease.

She laughed and slowly unwrapped the cheesecake from its hold. "I couldn't sleep, sorry," Lucille murmured.

I leaned next to her and asked her why she couldn't sleep, she was yawning a bit so maybe something was troubling her mind.

She didn't seem to want to say what though. "Just wanted to see my cheesecake..." I knew she lied but alas, I went with it.

"Can I taste it?" I asked, last time her cupcakes were a bit dry but the taste was okay, so I was curious about this cheesecake. Also, it seemed she was passionate about this so maybe approval would make her more motivated.

"Sure, but I don't have access to knives so you need to cut it yourself as you send my bodyguard away already..." She licked her finger off when a bit of cheesecake was stuck to her finger.

It made me chuckle, she even looked at me as she did it. Little minx. "Don't look at me like that," I said playfully and even nudged her a little.

She turned to me, "Do you want to taste my cheesecake or not?"

I shook my head and let her command me how to cut it. She even needed me to be careful, "you like baking, don't you?" I washed the knife and placed it back before locking the cabinet again.

She was playing two pieces and handing me one, "I do. I was never allowed to as a kid, I wasn't allowed to anything really, so it's new and fun. " She held a piece as if we were going to toast on it. "Cheers."

I went with her idiocy and we cheered on the cheesecake. I took a bite and it was good. "How is it?"

"It's good."

"Really?" She was gleaming upon hearing my compliment. Before she took another bite she rummaged through the fridge and grabbed a can of whipped cream.

She put a little onto hers and offered some to me. I didn't need to but she insisted, "Fine, just a little bit then."

"Aw, you won't get fat that fast." She joked and put way too much on it already.

I tried pulling away but she was laughing like a devilish witch, even plopping whipped cream on my hands. "Luce! Stop it, fuck!"

She was laughing even more, "You're gonna smell like dairy for the whole weekend."

"You little..."

"Hmm?" She looked innocently at me, but the gleam in her eyes told me enough. That smirk too...

Fine, two can play that game. I gobbled up the cheesecake and grabbed the leftover whipped cream before rushing to her and slapping it right into her face.

"No!" She screamed just before it hit her.

Now I was laughing while she wiped the cream out of her face, some dirty joke crept into my mind but I refrained from saying it.

"Now you did it, Alpha..."

Oh, she looked a bit annoyed. But I couldn't stop laughing. I saw her looking at the whipped cream and I saw her rushing to it, of course, she was restrained so my reflexes were much faster. "You were trying what again?" I teased and held the can towards her, taunting her.

"Not fair release me and I'll show you exactly what I was trying!" She tried grabbing the whipped cream from me but I dodged her throughout the kitchen.

It started to become a game of cat and mouse, one I was enjoying too much for my good. During our chase game, we got whipped cream everywhere on each other, on the counters the cabinets, and the ground.

Lucille even grabbed a fresh can so she could attack as well. At one point she has gotten onto the counter and jumped onto me. "Stop, you crazy!"

She was putting it all into my hair and it fell onto my shoulders. "Take that!" She laughed and held onto me.

I grabbed her and tugged her down and placed her on the counter. She wrapped her legs around my waist and held on tightly. We both were out of breath and realized, what we were doing. "Do you seduce all the ladies with whipped cream?" She whispered dangerously. Her smirk present again.

I leaned in a bit closer.

Our chests were touching and our lips were dangerously near. I shouldn't but my wolf had gone crazy without her presence, this was the first time we laughed together and I got caught up in the moment. My date with Charlotte didn't help either.

The same went for her. "Ever since you returned I haven't seduced any lady I'm afraid."

"Oh, lost your touch?" She trailed her hands over my shoulders and rested her forearms on them.

I was growling from the touch, in delight might I add. Her touch soothing me. Calming the terror inside me.

"No, I can smell your arousal from miles whenever you're gawking at me." I teased her, I had noticed her looking at me occasionally with her new friend Annabella, or Bella as most call her.

"I haven't had action for a while too so sue me..." She leaned in and licked the whipped cream from my cheek to my ear. She held still close to my ear, "Of course, that means I haven't been satisfied-"

I growled lowly at the back of my throat, I don't want to hear any of it. She growled back at me, she didn't like dominance I know, but I couldn't help it. I grabbed her and spun us around so her back hit the fridge.

She grunted from the impact and growled again as a warning, I didn't care. I lightly bit her neck and also licked whipped cream from the spot. "I don't want to hear any of the weak little wimps that got to have you," I growled.

You're mine. I wanted to say.

She grabbed a lock of my hair and tugged at it so I was forced to look her into her gorgeous ocean blue eyes. "You mean Sam?" She always seemed protective of him.

Why? He's just a tiny wolf, I could snap him in a second if I wanted to. "Yes, as if a male like that could fuck and satisfy a woman," I replied.

"He did great, darling, made me-" Before she could finish that sentence I pulled her forward slightly and slammed her back again against the fridge. "Cum many times, I'm not sure you could, size doesn't mean better." She continued anyway.

She didn't listen to my warnings, she liked angering me, challenging me. I'll show her exactly what I can or can't do. I slammed my lips against her and felt the sparks fly in between us.

Her tongue fought for dominance, but I pushed more into her. So she had to give into me.

During our make-out session, I spun us around and sat her on the counter. My hands tugged her hair so she was sure to be below me as I continued my assault on her plump lips.

My grunts met her moans perfectly in a rhythmic song, it felt like pieces of my puzzle finally were complete. She smelled divine, at least if I smelled past the diary.

Her arousal was prominent and coating the air, making me want her even more. I felt her hands fondle the buttons of my dress shirt, but her fingers were too slippery so instead, she growled frustrated, and grabbed the side before tugging it open. "I liked this one," I whispered with a hit of laughing.

"I did too..." She joked.

Her hands traveled along my broad chest, I saw her licking her lips as she did. I don't want to be cheesy but... "Like what you see?" I whispered in her ear.

She looked at me and tugged me closer so our lips were almost touching, "again, size doesn't mean everything." She taunted.

It made me growl and reclaim her lips again. I also tore her shirt off and kissed her from her neck down to her bare shoulder. Her head lolling back from ecstasy.

My hand fondled her mounts and while my other clawed down her bare back.

If only she just let me claim her as mine, it would make everything so much easier. I was so lost in her scent, her touches, her everything that I had let my guard down completely.

The light suddenly went on and a screech interrupted us. Lucille growled annoyed but my protective instinct made me grab her and shield her in my arms. She struggled of course but her weakened state wasn't a match for my strength.

"Stella..." She was the teacher that gave baking.

"Oh, God! Alpha!" She flushed red from embarrassment but looked around in awe, her embarrassment that became anger. "I heard so much commotion I was afraid rogues had raided my kitchen! Look at the state of it!" She was scolding me, righteously so.

The kitchen was a mess, we had thrown pots on the ground, whipped cream was everywhere and I broke the fridge. "I apologize, Stella, I'll help clean up everything." By now I realized I was smothering Lucille who still struggles in my hold.

Stella wasn't a threat so I released Lucille. She immediately started growling and cursing at me, "Don't smother me like that! What were you thinking idiot!"

Stella was surprised to see Lucille here, God, how am I going to explain this to my pack? But she just smiled at me, "I understand Alpha, just bring her back to the tent please, it's well past lights out." She looked around, "I'll clean up it's fine."

I shook my head, "I'll bring her back but I'll help, I'm responsible after all."

She seemed pitiful to me, I was caught up in the moment of having fun with my mate that I forgot the position we were in. Lucille was already heading out without putting on a proper shirt. "Luce put on a shirt!"

She shrugged, "you don't have one on either."

"Yes, but I'm a"

She whipped around and grabbed my forearm, "do not finish that sentence."

Just her feistiness turned me on again, the tingles her hand left upon my forearm.

But it was wrong, she wasn't stable at all. Her claws digging into my skin were a sign of that. I gently grabbed her hand and had her release me, "I'm sorry, this was a mistake."

She looked at me confused, "it was just a kiss, not a mating." she replied with a roll of her blue eyes.

If Stella wouldn't have interrupted I would have fucked her right here. With whip cream and all.

"Yes, but my pack expects me to find a mate soon."

She looked at me and then realized something, "Aha that blond girl," she growled a little.

"Why do you sound jealous, you made it clear you wanted nothing to do with being Luna..." I was getting irritated as well but I had to keep my voice down as we stormed to the tents.

"I'm not jealous and I don't want anything to do with that title, you do whatever you think is best for your pack but don't come seducing me and then regretting your actions later!" She spat back.

"I don't regret it! But fine, put your head back in the sand, like a damn ostrich."

She groaned and sighed, "Good night, Declan."

I watched her rush into the tent. Great, now I smelled like whipped cream for the weekend. I also had to clean up the mess, and I fucked up with my mate again. Why was she being so hard on me? The kiss felt amazing, didn't she feel that too?

I couldn't stop, it felt addicting and I needed more. Everywhere she touched me still tingled and my heart didn't slow down, still beating with excitement.

Didn't she feel that? Our bond, our fate?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 99 17
Amara Knight is a young pack member of the Silver Moon Pack and best friend to the alpha's baby sister Kaden Black. After her parents death, she had...
18K 921 52
BLACK MOON Book Three Can be read as a stand-alone. A mating bond is Goddess' blessing, something pure and perfect but what if a mating bond is not...
105K 4.3K 79
***Please read my message on November 12, 2019 (if you can) for enlightenment purposes*** "Who are you?" A certain Luna asked. "Tell me, why do I fe...
362K 11.1K 30
"My body and my wolf may want you but my brain and my heart don't." I said, proud of my words. "They will." ~•~•~•~•~•~ Weird, clumsy, smartass and b...