Coldness.

By TeaviAckerman

Switching regiments seemed like a great idea at first, but your new Captain is unnaturally cold towards you... More

Prologue
Getting to know the new recruit.
The first interaction.
Messing with the Captain.
Eavesdropping.
The Beast Titan.
The anniversary.
The alleyway
The tavern
Hangover.
Downpour.
Tea shop.
Captains office.
The date.
Training tease.
The mystery man.
Prisoner.
Closer.
Indecipherable.
Smile.
The word.
Gone.
A choice with regrets.
Over.
Down.
Clean.
Ripper.
Ackermans.
Dream.

Reunion.

674 17 52
By TeaviAckerman

You awoke the next day with a blank mind, not quite remembering where you were just yet. You were warm, comfortable and safe and that's all you really knew so far.

You groggily opened your eyes to look around you, and when you took in your surroundings, it all hit you at once.

Holy shit! I slept with Levi..

Scorching heat rushed to your face at this realization. The events from the night before played over in your mind as you were overcome by a feeling of complete giddiness and excitement. That actually happened! 

But there was one problem.

Levi was now nowhere to be seen.

Had he just left because he finally got what he wanted? No. It couldn't be. He was so apprehensive about it before, if that was his intention, surely he would of slept with you at the first opportunity you gave him?

The door creaked open, snapping you back to reality, as Levi stepped into the room carrying a large tray. His face flushed when he saw you were awake, and he approached the bedside cautiously, placing the tray down on the table.

"I bought you breakfast.." He spoke after clearing his throat.

"Thank you."

He sat on the edge of the bed, taking a cup of tea from the tray and sipping silently, avoiding eye contact.

"Is everything okay?" You asked

"Eat. You haven't had anything since you got back." He demanded.

You quietly obeyed. You didn't realize just how hungry you were until now, you wolfed down the contents of the tray. Levi looked over at you wide eyed as you messily devoured your food, without a care in the world what he thought of it.

"I told you to eat it not inhale it."

"Levi, I haven't eaten in days. Gimme a break."

"So they didn't feed you? Shits."

"They did at first, but they stopped coming a few days ago."

"That makes sense. I killed the bastards when I found out they were involved with your disappearance. Still, I had no idea they were under Kenny's orders."

"How could you have known? I didn't until he started mouthing off about you."

"I should have done better. I'm sorry I didn't find you sooner" he wore a solemn expression when saying this.

"Levi stop. I'm here now and that's what matters.. although, what actually happened?"

Levi paused, he took a deep sigh, leaning forward burying his head in his hands before answering you.

"I had those guys tied to a tree for hours, They wouldn't speak until I'd kicked the last of their teeth out..."

"Of course I could barely understand what the pieces of shit were saying, but they gave me a brief description of the house they had you holed up in."

"Did they tell you where it was?"

"Not exactly. I didn't stop for days until I found you. I almost thought I was delirious when I did."

"I remember being carried, but that's all. How far was I?"

"Too far. I'm not even sure. It took a while to get you home. You were in such bad shape, I thought I was too late."

The thought of Levi seeing you in that state, beaten, bloodied and filthy made you cringe.

"How did I end up in this room? Is it yours?" You already knew it was, nobody else's room would be so perfectly neat and clean, and you had taken a brief look before when cleaning his office with Mikasa a while ago.

"Yeah. I didn't want to leave you alone. You weren't waking up Y/N. I bought you back, cleaned you and patched you up, but nothing woke you, I even had Hange come and try to wake you. Nobody can stay asleep around that big mouth unless they're dying."

You heard the entire sentence, but one part in particular had you freeze, playing it over in your mind.

"You.. cleaned me?"

Levi blushed, there was no hiding it.

"I'm sorry. You were covered in blood and filth. You would of gotten an infection.. Not to mention it was disgusting."

"It's okay, Thank you. I'm just feeling kind of embarrassed."

"What? Why?"

"Because you showered me while I was unconscious?"

"Tch. Do you know how many times I've had to force Hange to take a bath? I don't even look. I promise."

You were more than happy to allow Levi to see you bare, but the thought of him seeing you like that unconscious for the first time just made things feel a little awkward.

But you believed him, mostly. You remembered gentle hands running through your hair and assumed that was Levi, but it felt far too intimate for it to be just a duty for him. You didn't ask him any more, but you wanted to know eventually. Levi could see something was still bothering you though.

"Are you okay with everything that happened?"

"What?"

"You know. Last night.." He trailed off, looking away anxiously.

"Are you serious? Of course I'm okay with it!" You replied almost too eagerly, instantly cringing at yourself.

"Okay. I'm really glad. I know that was your first time and I worried you may be regretting it."

"Well do you regret it? And how do you know that was my first time?"

"Not at all. And that stupid shitty drinking game, remember?"

"Right..."

Your mind flashed back to what Connie, Sasha, Jean and Armin said before you were taken. Was Levi really a virgin too?

He seemed far too skilled to be, and you kind of didn't want to know, but your curiosity got the better of you.

"Well, seeing as we're on the subject, I heard you didn't drink either..."

"Yeah" He spoke.

"So, was that?.."

"Yeah it was. You couldn't tell..?"

"No I couldn't, How is that even possible?!"

"Just hadn't really thought about it.. until you came along that is. Then I started thinking about it. A lot." He seemed to instantly regret saying this out loud.

"Oh is that so?" you teased, wanting to know more.

"Tch. Shut up and drink your tea." 

It was comforting to know that you and Levi were each others firsts. Of course it confused you seeing as he seemed to know exactly what he was doing, but you were glad you both shared that experience on the same level.

You then realized that Levi was the only person you had seen since returning, and you wanted to see everybody else next.

"Levi, I'm so glad I'm here with you, but I really want to see everybody else."

"Absolutely not." He answered straight away.

"What? Why? They deserve to know I'm safe too."

"Everybody already knows you're here, I had Hange tell them. You need to rest."

"But-"

"You are in no condition to be out right now." he cut you off.

"Right, but I was in perfect condition for us to fuck last night though, wasn't I?" you remarked sassily.

Levi sputtered, almost choking on his tea, his face a deep shade of pink.

"Please Levi.." You added with sad eyes.

He looked at you for a moment, and then sighed in defeat.

"Fine. But I'm coming with you."

You were about to step out of bed, but then you remembered you had nothing on. You shrunk back down into the bed before Levi saw anything.

"Uhhh.. Levi? Can I ask one more favor?"

"What is it?" he cocked an eyebrow.

"Can you maybe go and get me some clean clothes from my room?"

Levi stood and walked towards his dresser. He opened a draw and fumbled around in it for a few seconds, before turning and tossing a pile of clothes at you.

"Just wear these for now."

You didn't want to change in front of him, even though he had seen every part of you last night. As if reading your mind he sighed and turned his back, and you slipped

on the clothes he gave you. They fit you quite well, but it was obvious they were not yours. It was a pair of dark grey trousers and a long sleeved black tee that hugged your chest. You walked up behind Levi and tapped him on the shoulder to let him know you were ready to go. He turned back to you, looked you up and down slowly and gently placed his hands on your waist.

It's as if he was being cautious about touching you. He continued to watch your face, before slowly leaning in and kissing you gently. It felt as if it was your first kiss again, The heat and electricity never went away, and you were once again left breathless when he pulled away.

"Alright lets go." He announced, walking ahead of you to leave the room, with you following behind.

As usual with most off days, people were gathered in the mess hall just to socialize and get out of their rooms for a bit. Nobody noticed you and Levi enter, but you quickly spotted your group at their usual table. Levi stepped back and let you walk ahead, you approached the table and waited for everyone to turn and notice you first.

Sasha was the first to spot you. She started pointing and bouncing in her seat, Muffled exclamations sounded from her bread filled mouth. Everyone else turned to look and then suddenly you were pounced by them all at once.

They all had you squished in the middle of a huge group hug, everyone was speaking simultaneously, making it difficult to single any sentence out, but you were too happy to even care what was being said.

"Back the fuck up brats, you'll kill her." Levi spoke up, pulling Jean and Connie away from you by their shirt collars.

He then stepped forward, grabbed your hand and pulled you away.

"Sit down, I can't have you using too much energy in this condition."

You followed his orders, but cocked an eyebrow at him, and he knew exactly why. His face flushed pink as he sat next to you, still holding your hand tightly.

"So what happened Y/N? If you don't mind." Armin was the first to speak.

Everybody looked at you expectantly, silently waiting for you to speak up, but you weren't sure you were ready to get into the details yet.

"I'm not sure. I was just taken by some guys and locked up for a while." Was all you offered them.

"We all heard Captain Levi rescued you, You were really lucky there." Jean spoke up.

"Luck had nothing to do with it brat." Levi snapped at Jean.

You found this unnecessary, so you shot Levi a warning look. He shook his head and sat back, avoiding all drama now.

"Tch."

Armin was watching you both over his book, as if observing your behavior or something, but he didn't speak up.

"I just can't believe none of us saw it coming. I'm really sorry Y/N. We should of protected you." Armin said with guilt all over his face.

Before you could even respond, Connie started chuckling loudly.

"Your shirt doesn't fit you Y/N, I think ya need some new ones!"

You flushed red and Levi glared at Connie, causing the boy to shrink down in his chair. Everyone else just stared at you, and you were certain they all knew that this was not your shirt now. Jean started conversation to change the subject and ease the awkwardness, and you soon all began chatting and laughing as you usually did.

Nobody seemed too bothered by Levi's presence, and he was good at pretending not to notice anything happening around him. He still had a vice like grip on your hand under the table, and it seemed nobody had caught on to that thankfully.

Playful jokes were made, and Connie soon bought up your outfit again.

"Y/N do you usually enjoy wearing children's clothes on your day off?"

You felt Levi stiffen, but you squeezed his hand to reassure him.

"I think you forget that I can easily change out of these, but you're stuck with that bald head."

Everyone laughed and whooped, Connie definitely took this well too.

"Damn Y/N. Didn't know you had it in ya. Makes me wonder what you think of the rest of us.." Sasha added jokingly.

"Well, Since we're all being so honest, You are easily the last person I would want to be stranded anywhere with. I just cant trust you to not eat me after five minutes with no food."

You continued. Everyone was still sniggering.

"I would tell you what I'm think about Jean, but we all know he's a horse faced virgin. Unless he got some action with his friends in the stables of course."

Connie howled with laughter at this one. Jean did not look impressed at all.

"I'm surprised he ever came back. I thought he'd love to live a life of ease and luxury in there, even having someone else clean up his shit. Sounds like heaven for him. What about Armin?"

"Oh I have nothing bad to say about him, he's a little angel."

Armin blushed slightly at this, but you knew it was just out of flattery and nothing more.

Jean was very obviously in a sour mood over what you had said, but he had been making several comments about everyone else that you would of considered too far. He had even joked about Connie's mother being a titan, knowing it was a sensitive subject for him.

"What about me?" Levi piped up.

You had almost forgotten he was there with all of the laughter and chatter, which as usual, he did not participate in. You had no idea what to say. Obviously you had many unfavorable thoughts about him before, but now things had changed. He had finally opened up to you, He was communicating and you were falling hard, You couldn't think of a single negative thing to say about him at this moment.

"Is this a trap?" Jean asked Levi.

"Tch." was all he said.

"That's not an answer. What would my punishment be if it was?" you asked him.

"It's not a trap."

"Shame." you remarked coyly.

"Well, if it's not a trap, I'll speak up. You're a short ass on a massive power trip. You abuse that power at any given opportunity and I don't think you're very professional." Jean spoke. He was clearly still bitter about his punishment from Levi.

Nobody laughed. It's as if everybody was holding their breath, waiting for Levi to blow up.

"Well. You may be right, But I don't see you being fit for a Captain." Levi responded calmly, but he was glaring at Jean.

"So you admit it?"

"I said you may be right, I didn't say you were. That's just your opinion. At least I don't take advantage of drunk girls." Levi took a sip of tea, which seemingly appeared from nowhere. He probably had someone bring it over when you were chatting.

Jean looked livid, but he wasn't about to push Levi's buttons, he had experienced the consequences of that before and he knew it just wasn't worth it.

"Asshole." Jean muttered under his breath, but Levi's slight exhale from his nose showed that he had heard this, and he found it all amusing.

A loud noise sounded directly behind you, causing Levi to spin around, accidentally knocking his tea off the table and all over you with his free hand. Without even thinking, you jumped up to escape the scorching hot liquid, and everyone gaped at you. Slack jawed and wide eyed, you saw them all looking at your hand, the hand that was still holding Levi's.

Shit.

Your fingers were interlaced and his grip on you was so tight, you couldn't wriggle out of it even if you had wanted to, and this was not how you wanted people to find out about you and Levi, if at all.

It turns out the noise behind you was Hange, trying to sneak up on Levi and scare him. Hange did this often, but this was the first time they were actually successful with it.

"Damn shorty! Never thought I'd get you that easily."

"Shut up shitty glasses. You've burned Y/N. Clean this mess up now."

Hange only just realized the tea spilled all down you, and your hand still in Levi's. Everybody else was still staring at this, not one word had been said about it yet.

"Oh god Y/N! I'm so sorry!!!!" Hange profusely apologized, wiping you off with their bare hands.

"Quit manhandling her and clean up." Levi demanded.

"OHHHH! I see you took my advice Y/N!!" Hange winked while gesturing to your hand.

"Fuck off four eyes." Levi snapped at Hange.

He seemed super pissed off, but when he turned to you, his features softened and his voice was lower and gentle.

"Are you okay?"

"Uh, Yeah I'm fine. It just took me by surprise is all" You were kind of lying, it did hurt. But it wasn't anything worth worrying over.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to spill that on you."

Levi apologizing? He's done this a couple of times now, and you never thought he was even capable of it.

"Come on, lets get you changed." He began leading you away by your hand.

"He's gonna change her? Definitely fucking." You heard Connie say, obviously louder than he was intending.

"Springer, stable duty." Levi snapped.

"What? C'mon it was just a joke!" Connie protested.

Levi gave the boy a cold look, and he shut up.

"HA! That's karma for ya." Jean responded.

"What's so funny? You're joining him." Levi deadpanned.

Jean didn't protest, he just stood to join Connie and head out to the stables.

"Come on Jean boy, let's get you home to your family all safe and sound." Connie said, putting an arm around Jean's shoulders.

Sasha seemed oblivious to all of this happening around her, but Armin had been observing the entire scenario, clearly deep in thought. 

Levi dragged you out before you could say goodbye to anyone. You understood him being concerned about your wellbeing, but there really was no need for his attitude towards Hange, Jean and Connie. You were a little pissed off at him for that. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

968 19 18
You come from Marley on one of the ships to inspect the "Heaven". But instead of investigating, you end up being held by the survey corps (as an impo...
17.8K 392 27
You are still as stiff as a board, trying to slowly take bites while Levi sips his tea with his free hand. You're shocked he would be so bold in fron...
330 3 19
"I never thought of it like that, that we were replacing your comrades." Levi sighed, the boy was right. It was a morbid thought, but on the eve of t...
159K 4.6K 11
(F/n) (L/n), 19 years old, cadet in the Survey Corps for 4 years and counting. You are, unbeknownst to your comrades, particulary skilled in outdoor...