Little More Love || Completed

By _ExtrovertNerd_

She has always craved for true love and when she found it, she left it. She moved from Manchester to Chicago... More

|| Prologue ||
Chapter 1 : The Interview
Chapter 2 : Destiny's Game
Chapter 3 : Mr. Male Bitch
Chapter 4 : I Apologize
Chapter 5 : Let's Fight
Dear Diary - 01
Chapter 6 : Silver Lining
Chapter 7 : Darker Clouds
Chapter 8 : Black Coffee
Dear Diary - 02
Chapter 9 : Blue Stone Ring
Chapter 10 : Louder
Chapter 11 : Itchy Misery
Dear Diary - 03
Chapter 12 : Acting Talent
Chapter 13 : I'm Prepared
Chapter 14 : Tatiana Roman
Dear Diary - 04
Chapter 15 : Call Me Seth
Chapter 16 : Murderer
Chapter 17 : Set it up
Dear Diary - 05
Chapter 18 : Blind Trust
Chapter 19 : Language Nerd
Chapter 20 : Silly Nerd
Dear Diary - 06
Chapter 21 : Was I selfish?
Chapter 22 : I'm Starving
Chapter 23 : Promises
Dear Diary - 07
Chapter 24 : It's Cold Outside
Chapter 25 : Half Story
Chapter 26 : Ridiculous
Dear Diary - 08
Chapter 27 : Baseball Bat
Chapter 28 : Mr. Sweetest
Chapter 29 : Instant Glue
Dear Diary - 09
Chapter 30 : Bachlorette Party
Chapter 31 : Wedding Day [ Part 1 ]
Chapter 32 : Wedding Day [ Part 2 ]
Dear Diary - 10
Chapter 33 : Just One Month
Chapter 34 : Babygirl
Chapter 35 : How dare you?
Dear Diary - 11
Chapter 36 : It's Snowing Outside
Chapter 37 : Amen
Chapter 38 : Waited For You
Dear Diary - 12
Chapter 39 : Drill Machine
Chapter 40 : That Night
Chapter 41 : I wish I was
Chapter 42 : I had myself
Chapter 43 : I'm going too
Chapter 44 : Hate that woman
Chapter 45 : Pack Your Bags
Chapter 47 : Rotten Ginger
Dear Diary - Final
|| Epilogue ||

Chapter 46 : Champagne Problems

2.1K 127 43
By _ExtrovertNerd_

Anger is nothing more than an outward expression of hurt, fear and frustration.

Nora's POV-

" Mr. Anderson and Ms. Williamson, Welcome to Venice. " the stewardess reveals and my jaw touches the floor of the Private Jet we are in.

We are in Venice!?

Oh heavens, How? How can Hans remember every single thing? We were not even dating back when I just randomly told him that I wish to go to Venice with my future partner.

" I hope you're not offended by her not calling you with your real name. " Hans mumbles in my ear while I'm still busy gazing out of the transparent window.

" Hm? " I look at him in confusion.

" Your real name-- Mrs. Anderson. " he smirks. Rolling my eyes, I swing a punch on his chest. Not going to lie, I know he's just teasing me, but deep down I like the sound of his name after mine.

We check out of the jet, the strong wind strikes against my body, the weather seems cold and cloudy, just how I like it. I like rain but I don't enjoy it as much as I do the weather before it rains.

Dark clouds, great wind-- chef's kiss.

Okay, now being completely honest, I think Hans has brought me here to propose me. Because, why else would he bring me to one of the most romantic places in the world, Venice.

But of course, I'm going to act clueless, " Why are we here? "

" Consider it as your birthday present." he tells as we get inside the car, that I'm guessing, is taking us to the hotel. " My birthday passed a month ago while I was on partial bed rest. "

" Yeah, well, it's never too late. Besides, someone once mentioned that they wish to visit Venice someday. " he winks.

" Guess, that someone also mentioned about a future partner that they'd like to explore this beautiful place with. You know, walking and holding hands, doing romantic stuff. Where is my future partner? I can't seem to find him. " I tease with a fake frown as I jokingly look around.

A grin acquires his face, that he tries to hide. He slowly slips his hand in mine and leans slightly towards me to whisper in my ear, " Well, why waste time to find a future partner, when we can be friends with benefits. "

And a laugh escapes my mouth, he accompanies me as well.

This trip is going to be fun.

***

I'm completely bloated.

For breakfast, we had Cicchetti, which is like assortment of different snacks, like sandwiches, boiled eggs, vegetables and other things.

Boring! I know.

And that's why we spent the noon shopping, and eating a variety of food. Hans' plan was to go to some expensive, according to him and boring in my opinion, restaurant. So I suggested him, extremely politely, to taste little bit of all sort of food items, the city has to offer.

We had Panini, a must food item if you're in Italy. Some really tasty deep fried meatballs, that Italians like to call Polpette. Fritole, Tramezzini, and a lot of other things I can't remember the name of.

When Hans told me to pack my bags the other night, I was gobsmacked for a second. I really thought he was going to kick me out. But then he said, let's go on a vacation.

Vacation for him obviously, because I had spent three months lying on same bed, living in the same room. I was confused when he told me to pack just the essentials. Although, today when he brought me to the most exclusive shopping centers in Venice, I knew exactly what he had in mind.

Besides, I didn't have the most appropriate clothes that would do justice to this mesmerizing beauty called Venice, so shopping was much needed anyway.

After shopping in the premium centers, we obviously checked out the street markets as well. It was nice but also a little messy. Not the most recommended place for a person with OCD and Germophobia. Although,we had fun trying a bunch of creative and colourful Venetian masks there.

And right outside of the market, was where two men were playing spellbinding violins. It was just beautiful. It literally took me to some other universe. The whole crowd, including Hans and me, got so lost in the music that we spent an hour there.

After that we had some rest. And now, it's evening time, and Hans is taking me somewhere I don't know.

Okay, maybe I know.

The famous Gondola ride!

Nora, get ready. He's gonna to propose you.

The number of times I have seen and envied the Instagram photos of travel bloggers doing the gondola ride. That's the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Venice.

And now, when I'm actually sitting in the Gondola boat just beside Hans, it feels unreal. The boat is flat-bottomed and narrow in order to fit along with other gondolas into small canals in Venice, yet their structure is quite fancy. While gondolier at the back is singing and operating the boat with a rowing oar, I try to process all the beauty I'm surrounded with.

I don't remember the last time I felt so relaxed. Wish I had enough words to thank Hans. After I first got diagnosed with a tumor, that was three years ago, I honestly had lost all the hopes to live. I kept lying to myself, I forced myself to be happy.

Even if I was living on my own terms, I never said it out loud but I had felt an emptiness in the deep of my soul. But in this moment, under the moonlight, over the water, next to Hans. I feel free. I feel loved.

" This is the best birthday gift I've ever received in my life. Thank you. ", grabbing Hans' hand in mine, I pass a bright and genuine smile towards him.

" Of course, I'm the best. " he says as he runs his other hand through his blond hair, being all dramatic.

" I was talking about this trip, by the way. " I correct and he frowns dramatically. And I burst out laughing. This is the Hans I fell in love with. The sweet, funny, a little dramatic Hans. Not the Male Bitch.

After the most relaxing forty minutes of my life, we get off the boat. Oh heavens, I'm already missing being that close to water and boating through the canals.

Another thing, much to my disappointment I really thought Hans was going to propose me in the boat. I mean it was all so much romantic.

But he didn't!

***

I don't know how the past three days just flew in a snap.

The best three days of my life.

Hans pulls out a chair for me at Club Del Doge and I gladly accept the offer. The Royal golden-ish themed interior with big chandeliers hanging through the ceiling is very aesthetically pleasing. And the room is very extremely cozy. Light chattering of people and Champagne Problems is heard in the background.

Oh heavens, I'm so in love with the vibe of this city.

As we sit, Hans after me, the waiter asks for our order. My stomach has literally no space to stuff anything anymore. And I'm sure the same case is with Hans so he just orders champagne.

" Are you enjoying so far? " he asks.

" More than I ever had. " I smile. " But you still haven't told me the real reason we are in Venice and having this sweet conversation instead of arguing like always. "

" It's not me who loves arguing, for the record and-- " he takes a pause to glare at me when I blow him off in a sarcastic scoff, before continuing, " --and I already told you it's your birthday present. "

Why are you not proposing me, dammit?

Is he being shy in confessing his feelings? I mean, no one understands not being able to express your feelings more than I do.

I have an idea!

" Hey, let's play a game, shall we? "

" What game? " he questions.

" So with every sip of the drink each one of us will make a confession. " I explain. And he replies with, " This sounds quite weird but anything for you, love. "

I blush at his last sentence. " Okay, I'll go first. "

Taking the glass filled with champagne in my hand, putting it close to my mouth, I take a sip, " You remember the night of the first snow? "

" Yes. "

" I was not asleep. I heard everything it when you said sorry-- " his eyes widen with shock and embarrassment. Of course, I was wide awake when he whispered an apology in my ear.

" --and you really thought I wouldn't know if you click a picture of me? " I know, right now he'd rather die out of embarrassment than hearing it all. " And do you know how hard it was to control my laugh when you were trying so hard to justify your presence in my room in the middle of the night? "

After a few seconds of processing the information, he says, " Very well. Let's normalise being actually asleep with the other person thinks you're asleep. "

" Not my fault. I have insomnia, darling. " I chuckle. " Your turn. "

"Okay. So you remember Nadia? The woman you saw on your first day at work. You even gave her a name out of love, something called- um-- Blondie Boozy-- something-- "

" Blonde Booby, I can never forget her. " of course, how could I forget? Watching her and Hans French-ing was one of the most awkward situations I've ever been in. " Your girlfriend of that week. "

" That she was not. She's an actress, I hired her just for those 15 minutes. " he reveals.

" What? Why would you do that? " I ask.

" Why do you think? " he looks at me seductively while taking a sip from his glass.

I get it. He just wanted to make me feel uncomfortable. He knew I get very awkward at such situations.

Once a cheapster, always a cheapster.

" Anyways, my turn. I tried to set you up with Tatiana Roma-- " before I could complete the sentence, he chokes on his own saliva. " What? "

I casually tease him with an evil smile on my face as I bite my lower lip. While he stares at me with his lips parted, " I knew it. I knew something was fishy. But can I just say, making me and Ms. Roman stuck in the same lift three times a day was a very lame idea. "

" It was Andrew's. "

" He knew about it? " he raises a brow.

" Actually, he was the master mind. " I tell and he curses underneath his breath. I wouldn't have told him unless I had not known that he could never fire Andrew. He's like his right hand in business.

We lose track of time as we make more random confessions. Everything is fun and such, but why isn't he proposing me? I can't be patient anymore.

Confession No. 40 - I'm on my periods.

By now, my glass is already empty, and this is his last turn. I'm hoping for him to finally say what I want to hear. Crossing my fingers under the table, I tell, " Your turn. "

" Well, you probably would want to kill me after this. But I would highly appreciate if you won't. " he seems scared as if I will engulf him raw after hearing what he's going to confess.

Idiot, just say it.

Tell me you love me.

" I bribed your landlord to evict you. " he confesses.

" The fuck!? You didn't." I exclaim involuntarily. First, I hoped for him to propose me, that he didn't. Instead of which he confessed that it was his cause that I was about to go homeless.

" I did. ", smiling sheepishly, he removes my glass of champagne from my sight just in case I decide to bang it on his head. " Although, in my defense, you talked very rudely with me earlier that day. I guess we're even. "

" No, we're not! I was rude because I was mad at you. And I was mad at you because you ruined my best friend's wedding for me! " I grunt. And there you go, we can't have a normal conversation without a fight.

" Love, you're overreacting. "

" I am not overreacting, Hans! "

" See, Noriana, I have already apologized for that. Besides, it would have never happened if only you had known about the term 'communication'. You never communicated so it all came at once. " he confronts. His voice is soft but words harsher than ever.

" Excuse me? " I grunt in offense. " So you're saying that you torturing me is my fault? "

" No, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that if you had told me that you left the country because I was a jerk to you, things would have been clear far earlier. " his voice raises a little while my blood pressure peaks the measure.

Hans' POV -

This girl makes me lose my senses. I brought her here, to Venice so that she would get a change of environment. We'll get to spent more quality time together, we'll get to know each other better.

This is not the quality time I was expecting!

" I- I don't know what to say. " she takes a deep breath and tries to calm down since we have kind of caught everyone's attention. I think I went a little too far.

But honestly, as far as I know her it is not just about me bribing her landlord. She's frustrated over something else. " Hans, can I ask you a question? " she asks, and I look at her.

" Tell me why did you save me? Since you don't lov-- I mean you wanted me dead anyway. " she mumbles with her eyes penetrating through mine. How could she say that without realising that she almost drove a dagger into my heart?

I look at her attentively. Thinking why would she even say that. Yes, I had grudges from her but because I had not known the whole truth.

Am I not guilty enough that she's making me more?

" I never wanted you... dead. Let's not talk about it, alright? You have your whole life to question, accuse and curse me. " I stand up from my place.

Why does she always have to make it hard for both of us?

" No, tell me. " she grabs my wrist barricading me from walking away. " Why did you pay for my surgery? If you were just going to abandon me. "

" Abandon you? What are you talking about? And who told you I paid for your surgery? " I belt in a single breath. What is wrong with her? She was fine a few minutes ago. What is up with her mood swings?

" Then who did? "

" Since, you'd rather die than to take my money, I called your family back in Manchester, they made the transactions. " I disclose.

" What family? Wait, you did not-- " she furrows her eyebrows.

" Yes, I called Mrs. Williamson. See, I wouldn't have sat there and watched you die, okay. So I did what I had to. " I barge my hand on the table. That's it, I can't handle it anymore. My anger is getting out of control.

" Hans, I want to go back to Chicago. "

" We're leaving tomorrow. "

❤❤❤

This is the second last chapter :')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4M 154K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...
3.7M 125K 51
#1 in Assistant - 14.12.2019 #1 in Billionaire - 20.12.2019 #10 in Romance - 23.12.2019 #2 in New Adult - 23.12.2019 #1 in Hurt - 26.12.2019 #5 in Fu...
136K 3.1K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...
222K 13.3K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...