Ninjago's Avatar

By Lava_Serpant

Kai and Nya are transporting a magical artifact on a mission when something goes wrong and the artifact bring... More

It wasn't my fault!
Suspicions
Trust
Motivation
Jet
The Dam
The Blue Spirit
Spin It Till You Win It
Plan Time
Zuko Is Tired
Fire Festival
The Deserter
Tough Luck
The North
Different Methods Different Bending
Water Duel
Listen!
A Battle Begins
A Very Spiritual Conversation
Sacrafices Are Hard
Return To Omashu
Escape
Penta Plague
Swamp Talks
Control
The Blind Bandit
Beifong
Earth Rumble XII
Fortress on Wheels

Family Ties

806 17 13
By Lava_Serpant

Iroh groans in pain, before sighing in relief.

"Prince Zuko! You have got to try these masseuses they are exceptional," Iroh calls out. Zuko remains by the entrance to the spa brooding.

After spending three weeks at sea eatting what they could catch with fire bending and drinking the water from rain they managed to get to a fire nation colony that had a spa.

When recognizing the royals they immediately put them in a royal suit and offered their full services free of charge.

Iroh happily took it up with stride and Kai had been spending a lot of time enjoying the hot springs and cuisine. Zuko on the other hand only accepted the luxury clothes and some of its food while he just brooded.

At night he dreamed of it. He didn't know what he was doing, he just wished he could take Zhao's bending and he got the bright idea to do it. As a fire bender you needed to be a chi master so Zuko planned to use his new healing bending and manipulate the patterns and block his chakra. But then he felt something, and he grabbed it pulling it out.

He thought it would only take his bending he didn't think it would kill him!

But Zuko's a mess up, he always messed up.

Sometimes he dreams he's doing it to uncle, to Lu ten, to his father, to Kai, and to Azula. He's terrified of doing that again, he felt Zhao's terror, he was still alive long enough to scar Zuko with the image of his terrified eyes.

"Is it because today's the day?" Zuko didn't even realize Iroh had sat down next to him. He knew what Iroh was talking about though and he wishes he could go back to before, when he was innocent and naive.

"I want it back," he said and left.

He got to his room and laid down on the bed. He wants so badly to go back to his nation, to save it from his father, to save it from any more slaughter. He needs to end this war, but the only way to end the war is the avatar and he needs to be firelord, but to do that is to get the avatar and overthrow his father both impossible.

Besides is he even a prince anymore? At this thought Zuko opens his pouch and brought forth the headpiece of the fire nation only meant to be worn by the crown prince until it was taken and stolen by Roku who claimed it as his own.

"I'll find a way," he mutters to himself. He lays down and slowly drifts off to asleep.

Rain thunder.

"Zuko help me!"

Fire ash everywhere.

"Mom where are you!?"

Running, running, faster!

"Zuzu I'm scared for you if you don't do better,"

Faces, smiles everywhere, everyone laughing at his pain. "Stop laughing!" He screams covering his ears.

"Lucky to be born,"

I'm sorry.

"You promised to protect me from father,"

I'm sorry.

"You promised to do better!"

I'm sorry.

"Lu ten should have lived you should have died. My son is gone and it's your fault!"

I'm sorry!

"My mother's gone because of you!"

I'm sorry!

"The air nation is gone because of you!"

I'm sorry!

"You never believed me!"

"I'M SORRY!"

Zuko awoke from his nightmare in a fitful sweat on near tears. His nightmares are getting worse and he feels like throwing up.

"Pray tell what are you sorry for Zuzu?"

Zuko nearly got whiplash as he turned his head and saw.

"Azula!?"

The Gaang

The North Pole needed help rebuilding before they had to leave, but eventually it was time.

Nya had heard from Kai that him and the royals were safe and she was really jealous when he started bragging about being at a fire nation luxury spa. The both decided though not to tell the others where Zuko was figuring they would insist on finding him while Kai stated that the prince was feeling pretty traumatized, by what had happened

Nya understood that to a extent, Zuko probably didn't mean to kill Zhao he just wanted to subdue him and it got out of hand.

They agreed that they just had to keep him and the gaang away from each other right now to give him time.

"Nya?" The girl groans as she gets up rubbing her eyes as she rose from sleep. "Time to go," Sokka said. He had taken Yue's death better than Nya thought, but that's probably because he knew with certainty that she was happy where she was.

"Okay okay," Nya yawns as she got up upset he ruined her dream. She was dreaming she was with Jay on a date together touring the Borg convention. It was amazing and something the two had planned to go see together, but that must have passed by now.

She hopes Jay isn't beating himself up too much over  her disappearance, and she wishes she could go and tell him she misses him because she really does.

She packed her bags and headed up to the deck. The ships were well made and comfortable for such a long journey and in the distance you could see the earth kingdoms shores. Pakku stood with a few men behind him.

"We wish you luck on your journey to find a earth bending teacher," Pakku said and Aang smiles brightly as he was handed scrolls. "Here are water bending scrolls, but remember they will never substitute for a real teacher," Aang smiles over at Katara.

Katara walks up next and was handed a necklace with a vial full of water in it. "This is special water taken from the pond in the spirit oasis, use it wisely and protect it," Katara smiles nodding too. Sokka came up excited to receive something, but Pakku just patted his back. "Have a good life son," Sokka frowns upset. "I see what your hiding behind your back dumbass give it!" Nya calls out and Pakku groans handing Sokka a delicately carved dagger. Sokka's eyes lit up seeing it as he recognized it from his father, something only the highest of honored warriors received from the chief's of the tribe. "Thank you mister grumpy grandpa," Sokka stuck his tongue out and climbed up on Appa. "Don't call me that!" Pakku really didn't like that boy, too loud for his tastes. Nya walks up and Pakku flinches back at her a little making Nya smile to herself happily. "What do I get?" She asks. She was handed another vial similar to Katara's only without any fancy decoration adorning it. "Knowing you people you'll need all the help you can get," he said.

"Whatever," she rolls her eyes and climded onto Appa. "YIP YIP!" Aang calls and Appa took off. "Say hi to gran gran for us!" Katara calls back out to them as she waved back.

Ten minutes later they landed at a earth kingdom military stronghold where it's general was supposed to give them a escort to Omashu another earth kingdom city that was home to a old friend of Aang's to teach him earth bending in a safe environment.

Once they had gotten off and stretched a battalion of unformed earth benders greeted them with a general in a much fancier amour. It was green with your basic copper browns, lion heads carved into the tops, no shoes, a long brown beard, a earth styled top knot, and a kind smile.

"Welcome Avatar Aang and fearless companions. The Brave Katara, the fearless Sokka, and the terrifying Nya," Katara and Nya smiled enjoying their titles. "The fearless Katara, I like that," Katara said and Nya grins. "I'll be using that," She said.

"I am General Fong, and tonight we celebrate," They turned around to the sky and saw fireworks going off in their honor. "Oh I definitely like this place,"  Aang said.

They were taken to the generals office and General Fong fanboyed over what happened at the North Pole with the spirit attack and the avatar state. Aang is a little shy about it and Nya understands he must be overwhelmed by everything.

"We'll be taking him to see Bumi soon so he can learn Earthbending a face the fire lord," Katara explains, but than Fong dropped a bombshell on them. "But that's just it, your ready to face him now!"

Aang's face lost it's color and Nya thinks he's about to faint. "WHAT?!"

Kai

"Ahhhh this is the life," Kai said in bliss as he enters the hot spring again. The elemental had not been in there for more than a minute when he heard. "Hey Kai?" Said person turns his head and saw Zuko standing next to him at the edge of the spring. "Need something princy?" Kai asks and Zuko sat down on the edge not getting into the spring.

"So did your sister talk to you about how Katara and Sokka are? When they work together," Zuko asks and Kai thinks for a moment. "Well nothing to me personally, but when I saw them fighting together I realized they are a good match, Katara the skill and Sokka the brains," Kai answers. "And what about you and your sister?" Kai smiles. "Oh yeah I am a mess without her, one time I fell into a river and I can't swim so she had to pull me to shore. It was embarrising because it was only four feet of water and I just panicked," Kai laughs, but Zuko doesn't even smile. "Are you powerful when your with her?" Kai nodded. "Yeah she helps me and I help her it's a win win. Having a little sister to help you out in a bind is nice and I know despite the teasing she really does love me when I help her and protect her," Kai explains. "Siblings can be powerful together because sometimes they have the strongest bonds," he finishes

Zuko takes a moment to look at this and process this before smiling. "Thanks Kai this was really helpful," Zuko got up and walks off. Kai smiles to himself happy to help the royal.

Back with the gaang

Nya could name at least a thousand things wrong with Fong's plan, but Aang still wants to go through with it. Nya knows he feels guilty for the war in the first place, but she knows that just killing the leader won't do anything they need to meet up with Zuko first and have him there to take his rightful place as Firelord.

They tried tea which made Aang air bend a ball and speed through the entire compound in less than a minute while also talking a million miles a hour. After that they doing a ceremonial thing by making him wear random stuff from other nations and spraying mud over him only to get mud over all of them instead. Lastly Sokka tried scaring him into the avatar state, but that never worked either.

Nya tried to talk Aang out of it and Katara joined her seeing how it was effecting the young air bender, but he refused.

"Fine! If you want to go ahead and put yourself threw this go ahead, but I'm not gonna watch you do it!" Katara than storms off while Nya hung back with Aang by the balcony.

"You don't get it! This avatar stuff I never wanted! No one understands the position I'm in!" Aang stomps his foot.

"Yeah I have no idea how that feels," it is true Nya never had the weight of the world on her shoulders. Right now she wishes Lloyd was here, he would know exactly how to help Aang deal with this having also needed to master four elements and growing up too soon.

"Listen Aang here's the thing. You think that killing the fire lord is going to fix everything, but the truth is it won't," Aang looks at Nya. "What your doing now, helping, talking, giving advice, your entire personality is what the world needs right now. When it comes down to it Ozai is only one man and there is the entire world to help us and we have two royals on our side. Ozai is the first step, but the fighting won't just stop. We need someone with your ideals to make the cracks in this war, show people of the nations the peaceful ways of your nation. You don't need the avatar stare to do that, you don't even need bending, you just need to have the persistence, that's what history will look back at. Fong is just using you, he will kill the entire fire nation capital once Ozai is out of the way. He just wants a chance for power. He's a fire nation killer without mercy, while he may not realize his actions that is going to be what happens. This is your power to do with as you wish, but like Katara I can't support this path if you choose to take it," Nya put a sisterly hand on Aang's shoulder.

Aang smiles at her. "Thanks Nya, that's something I really needed to hear," He said.

"Anytime, I can't let my heritage be put in danger anymore than anyone else's," she said.

Aang smiles but than realizes something he's been meaning to ask her about. "Nya, when I was talking to the spirits one of them told me you weren't a bender. Is that true?" Nya knew she couldn't lie.

"Yeah, I'm not from this place, my mum was never from the Southern tribe and my dad was never from the fire nation. In my world there's only one person who can control each element and it's a lot more limit to what you can do, I was sent here to help you bring balance to this world. In my world the main elements are fire, lightning, earth, and ice. There are also other elements like form, speed, mind, poison," Nya lists off. "And the master of energy. He's special from the other masters, he's like a little brother too me reminds me a lot of Zuko though," Nya said. "Really how?" Aang asks.

"Mostly the fact they both have wise old uncles who love tea and proverbs and the daddy issues, but mainly he reminds me of you. You both have this amazing, but dangerous power you don't understand nor can you control it and you have to keep peace among the world, but just want to be a kid," Nya said.

Aang nodded to that. "I'd like to meet him," Nya smiles. "You might one day, but for now can we just keep this between us?" Nya asks and Aang nodded. "I will I promise," he said and Nya smiles relieved.

Back with Kai

After getting out from the hot springs and getting dressed I went back to the room and found Iroh pacing around nervously. "You okay dude?" I askd Iroh.

"No something is here, something evil, monsterous, horrifying, a being with not a ounce of mercy," Iroh explains. "Your in laws are in town?" I asked and Iroh glares at him. "I am serious!" Iroh hisses. That was the first time I have ever seen Iroh mad for any reason so he was clearly nervous.

"Honestly Uncle why such harsh language?"

We both looked and saw Zuko had entered with a girl next to him, she was slightly shorter than him, with gold eyes lighter than Zuko's, the same raven black hair done up in a top knot that had some fancy emblem in it with bangs hanging out of her sight, perfectly done makeup, red armour that contrasts nicely against her pale skin, razor sharp manicures nails, and had a air of superiority like she commanded power and received it. Zuko was also dressed in loose fitting armour and had his long hair done up in a top knot with some weird place holder I think I saw him have on the boat.

"Prince Zuko, why did you not inform me of your sister's arrival?" Iroh asks. "It's Princess Azula to you," Zuko states with arms crossed.

I looked between the two and say. "Well I was kinda right," Azula looks at me like I was dirt beneath her shoe. "Leave servant," I looked at Zuko who rolls his eyes. "He's the only crew member remaining from my ship, he joined uncle in my rescue from the Avatar's clutches. He's of no significance though," I looked at Zuko in shock and offence before looking at Iroh who was glaring.

"What is the meaning of this Prince Zuko?" Iroh asks. "Princess Azula has been so kind as to personally inform me that Father has rethought his stance due to a plot against him and has allowed me passage home," Okay I knew that was bullshit and so did Iroh.

How could Zuko believe this shit though!? His father locked him in a cell and tried killing him!

"Prince Zuko," Iroh tries to say something, but Azula cut him off. "But my dear brother Zuzu has declined my offer and instead has asked me to help him in the hunt for the avatar. With it's recent appearance and his generous offer to give me all the credit for his capture I could not refuse," Azula explains smiling and looking at Zuko like he just gave her a present for her birthday.

"Prince Zuko think for," Iroh began when Azula started talking again. "And he told me about your betrayal uncle, having any contact in the North Pole to any of them to do much as inform them of our political standing? Tsk tsk," Iroh looks at Zuko who guiltily looks away.

My palms smoked and I gritted my teeth.

"I'll have to take you to father for this. Zuzu will you help?" Zuko looks at Iroh with no emotion and I could see the old man's soul break and shatter.

Zuko steps forward and I got in front of him with smoking palms. "You got one chance to reconsider your sides Zuko. Why are you doing this!? After everything!?" I yelled at him.

"I am loyal to the fire nation and I will do what I must to protect it which means I need the avatar and I need my talented sister to help me find him. I saw how powerful you are with your sister and the Southern Peasants are, I took your advice," He said simply.

"Now surrender and we'll be peaceful," Azula said. I looked at Iroh who looked utterly heart broken at the betrayal.

Zuko suddenly charged at me though and I went tumbling through the window behind me and we fell down the small cliff before landing in the river below.

"How could you do this?!" I yelled at him. "For the fire nation," he is his final and truthful answer.

Sokka's POV

Katara's screaming is the first thing I register.

Okay maybe I should back up a small bit. Aang decided that he wasn't going to go ahead with General Fong's plan and use the avatar state. I honestly didn't care, Aang's power his thing, honestly I never really liked Fong's plan either, but the stuff he said to Aang about the warroir's lucky enough to get get home really hit me in the heart which is why I went along with it in the first place. 

But this guy is crazy! When Aang said no and we were about to leave he attacked us! 

Nya tried shooting a water whip at him, but he used his own bending to encase her in a rock prison around her body trapping her, Aang tried helping her, but got thrown outside into the court yard where the soldiers attacked him in a effort to get him into the avatar state. 

Katara showed up and started trying to help Aang get away while I used my club to chip away the rock prison Nya was trapped in. It was going pretty steady when I heard my sister screaming. I looked over and saw Fong was slowly burying her into the sand trying to get Aang into the avatar state. 

"Katara!" I yell. "Go! Use your spinjitzu!" Nya urges me. "I've barely done any of that," I said. "Do it or she's going to die!" Nya yells at me. I ran down the steps to see other earth benders had buried Aang's feet stopping him from getting to Katara and saving her. He was begging him to stop, but the guy was relentless. 

"Katara! Stop!" Fong looks at me and laughed. "Your just a weak non bender what could you possibly do?" I growled. No I can't bend, but I'm gonna show him exactly what I can do. "This," I jumped and spun my body like Nya taught me and when I touched the ground I was in a tornado of blue. Fong didn't know what had hit him when I sucked him into the tornado and threw him into a wall. He hit his head and he got knocked out. 

I tried stopping the tornado, but I also may have accidently crashed into a wall trying to stop, trial and error. 

I got up and looked at the soldiers. "We all agree he's nuts, the avatar is your only hope at ending the war, and if you don't release everyone right now that won't be happening," The soldiers looked at each other and than released everyone. 

I hugged Katara and so did Aang. "Sokka that was awesome!" Aang cheers me. "You were amazing!" Katara also giving me and big hug. "Dad would be proud," I blushed at the praise. "Are you both okay?" I asked. "Yeah," "Yep," "I'm good to no one cares though," We all looked at Nya standing off to the side a little salty for being ignored. "Thanks for teaching me that Nya, but can we learn to stop next time?" I asked. "Yeah, maybe," Nya seems to have a dangerous air around her right now. 

Well this was fun, but it's time to go to Omashu.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 186 27
⚠ TW - implied violence / torture - mentioned self-harm - contains swear / blasphemies - blood - depression ⚠ ❝ Nya has become part of the sea, merg...
66.2K 1.2K 78
How whould the Ninjago story be if one of the ninja was a girl. Well now we are gonna find out, meet Kaya the oldest daughter of Ray and Maya. When h...
Desert Kings By

Fanfiction

17.3K 602 15
Jay and Kai get blasted to a new realm after an accident now a year later Nya has created a way to go after them in this new realm. After venturing i...
9.7K 241 16
The Smith siblings, Kai and Nya, together with their little foster brother, Lloyd, try to survive their difficult life with their abusive foster pare...