Ninjago's Avatar

By Lava_Serpant

Kai and Nya are transporting a magical artifact on a mission when something goes wrong and the artifact bring... More

It wasn't my fault!
Suspicions
Trust
Motivation
Jet
The Dam
The Blue Spirit
Spin It Till You Win It
Plan Time
Zuko Is Tired
Fire Festival
The Deserter
Tough Luck
The North
Different Methods Different Bending
Water Duel
Listen!
A Battle Begins
Sacrafices Are Hard
Family Ties
Return To Omashu
Escape
Penta Plague
Swamp Talks
Control
The Blind Bandit
Beifong
Earth Rumble XII
Fortress on Wheels

A Very Spiritual Conversation

697 25 15
By Lava_Serpant

That night the gang was over looking the ocean at the near full moon.  Yue was explaining the moons purpose to the tribe and Zuko commented it was the same with the sun for fire benders.

"I wonder if they are still fish," Zuko comments off handed. Everyone looks at him. "What?" He asks. "Zuko  buddy. I think you should go lay down," Zuko glares at Kai.

"I bet they're powerful spirits," Nya said and Yue nodded in agreement.

"That's it!" Aang jumps up and said. "I could ask the spirits for help," He said. "That's a great idea! They could give you the wisdom to win the day," Yue said excitedly. "Or it could summon a giant spirit that'll take out the ships!" Aang said throwing his arms out excited.

Everyone looks at him with a mix of 'really Aang?' Or 'that would be awesome!' You can assume which face came from who. "Or wisdom that works too," Aang said.

"Well you won't need to go into the spirit world to find them. Tue and La have mortal forms and they're located here in the North Pole," Zuko explains. Everyone looks at him. "What?" He asks. "How do you know that?" Yue asks almost interrogating him. "I found a very detailed library in a dessert and it had a scroll that told the history of the spirits, while I'm on it the one who taught the first water benders was actually a turtle," Zuko felt the need to correct Yue's history lesson.

She glares at him for that, but Zuko he spent a month in that library so he's gonna put that knowledge he gained to use at every chance.

"So where are the spirits?" Aang asks. Zuko shrugs. "The scroll was burned at the end, all I know is that they are fish and the surrounding area should be a oasis," Zuko answers. "Any place ring a bell for you?" Sokka asks Yue who nodded. "I think so," she said.

"Than let's go," they followed her down behind the palace to a wooden door. She looks at them and said. "Under no circumstances can you touch the water," Yue told them. "What's the worst that could happen?" Sokka jokes. "Koh the face stealer could come after you and steal your face," Zuko answers.

Everyone looks at him. "It happened to Avatar Kuruk's wife," Zuko adds like that made it any better.

"We need to talk about what to say and when," Kai said. "But he asked," Zuko said frustrated.

Yue opens the door and everyone was in awe. Unlike the rest of the North Pole there was beautiful lush green grass and trees under a canopy that had the moon and water tribe symbols respectively. There was a wooden bridge that everyone walks over.

"It's so warm here," Katara comments. "Thank FSM I don't need to stay next to Kai and Zuko for some heat," Nya said and Kai rolls his eyes at her good hearted.

"Hey Zuko you coming?" Everyone realizes than that Zuko had not gone through the door and was sitting cross legged on the other side.

"My people are attacking the people these spirits bless and watch over. It would be disrespectful for me to enter their oasis without their permission or a valid reason," Zuko said. "Alright than your choice," Sokka shrugs.

Momo curiously looks around and saw two fish in the pond. They were large koi fish circling each other, one was pure black except with a white spot on it's head and the other fish was the same except the opposite colors. Momo stretches his arm to grab them, but Nya grabs the lemur before he had the chance. "We'll get you some different fish later," She said to the animal.

Aang looks in at the fish, staring intently at them. "Are they really?" Aang nodded at Katara. "I can feel it, this is Tue and La," Everyone looks into the lake and Sokka blurts out. "So we've been praying to a couple of fish?" All the girls glared at him while Kai hides a coughing laugh. Aang didn't even acknowledge his comment sitting cross-legged. He closes his eyes and when he opened them five people stood in front of him.

all five of them stood at a circular table sectioned for each person with Aang standing in the middle. One section was made of hollowed ice and inside the hallowed ice were waves splashing in it, the spirit sitting there looked like a human with black fish scales and gill, he looked male, long hair that was made of water, and his eyes were made of ice with a necklace handing from their neck with the water symbol in it. Next to him was a lady sitting at a sextion that looked like it was made from the night sky with clouds moving across it here and there, she was beautiful with long white hair just like Yue's, pale skin, blue eyes with specks of sparkles in them, a long white gown that had black and blue dye in it, and finally a pendant of the mood in their hair. The two were sitting rather close together whereas the rest of the table was far apart.

Another section was made out of a varierty of materals ranging from coal to diamonds, it looked like anything you could find underground was meshed together and shaped to look like a table, it seated a spirit that was made of rocks with growing moss and tree roots on it and a rock hat like Aang had seen on earth kingdom soldiers and a pendant in the middle of it's chest with the earth kingdom insignia on it.

The next spirit was a male spirit with molten lava around it, but looked cooled and hardened, with small flames and cracks coming from it like a dying campfire, on it's stomach was the fire nation symbol of flame and looked at it seemed to be the only reliable fire coming from it, the table was made from literal fire and those flames came in a rainbow of color variety.

The last table was by far the weakest, the table section had holes and cracks along a clear diamond table, the occupent was a small spirit that looked like a humanoid sky bison and didn't seem to be gendered with a mesh of nun and monk air bender clothing.

The spirits had no seemed yet to notice Aang being there though arguing with a spirit at the end. It was a woman spirit with pure white clothing, hair, and skin with the only color being multi closured changing eyes.

"This is all your fault! You were never meant to bring your disaples here! We were doing fine on our own!" The rock spirit yelled at the lady. "I agree with Gaia," At the name Aang realizes the he was a she and just dressed in so much armour he didn't realize.

"Ninjago Masters stay in Ninjago to keep their lands peace, we don't need them here," The water spirit, La, continued while the lady next to him, Tue, remains silent. "I gave my help, the war was going nowhere and Ravaa's host is still a child. If their land needs them I will send them back without warning, but as of now they are all staying here until this war is put to a end," Gaia scoffs and rolls their obsidian eyes.

"This is all Agni's fault," the fire spirit growls and a burst of fire burst off of them before being pulled back. "I do not control my children any more than you, at least mine build shrines of me and know my name, your people forgot you centuries ago," Agni taunts and Gaia glares at him.

"Well it's still your people, we've had to stop blessing our southern children to protect them, the only reason Raja is still here is because their avatar survived the massacre of their people that your people started! And the war that your avatar failed to prevent!" Tue yells at Agni.

The fire spirit growls and the entire section of table burst into flame and he yells at them. "WELL YOUR AVATAR DIED AT THIRTY! AND AT LEAST I DON'T JUST SWIM AROUND WHILE MY PEOPLE ARE DYING. YOU CAN PROTECT YOUR PEOPLE, BUT I WILL NOT LAY DOWN MINE," Agni than bunches up gritting their teeth. Aang realizes that Agni was trying to keep their power in, it was overwhelming them, their anger.

"Please everyone we have a guest," Raja spoke and all eyes than finally noticed Aang in the room who waved shyly. "Ummm hi," he said. "You sent him here didn't you?!" Agni yelled at the white spirit at the end who shook their head. "Ravaa is the master spirit they go where they need when their host asks," she said.

"Well send him back, Agni's bastards are on their way to hurt my dear and I refuse to loose her just because of that back up she made," La demands. "If Tue is gone my people will suffer too, and besides you know as well as I do that we can only give the blessings not take, only a lion turtle could do that," Agni said. "Or a skilled bender who has mastered their flow," Raja said.

"Hello? Hi I'm Aang and I was wondering," Aang began when he was interupted. "What do you want child your meant to be protecting my wife's mortal form," La said. "We told you you were stupid for becoming a mortal form fish face," Gaia spat and La glows blue before Tue calms him down with a look. "Avatar we are currently in a discussion with a spirit who's job is to watch over her own masters," Raja explains and sips a cup of tea. Aang bows to each spirit knowing that these are the most powerful spirits in the spirit world so he must show respect.

"I for one think what she did was a good deed," Raja said and the other spirits glared at them. "Well you don't have anyone else to watch, this gives you something for me I got to watch another over powered child, at least this one ain't blind," Gaia rolls their eyes at the air spirit.

"What are you talking about? What's happening?" Aang asks.

"Aren't you listening kid? Raja you explain it," Aang looks to the air spirit.

"This spirit here is not of our world. She saw our suffering and decided to help by sending her own blessed, in her world she works alongside her brother to bring peace. The difference is in her world there are only one who hold each element and that is not contained to the four you are so versed in. You have already met the ones you need," Raja said.

"Who?" Aang asks. "The boy is meant to only teach the prince, I've put too much work in that boy for anything to derail this," Agni said. "And his sister better not challenge me, or I'll drown her ghost," La adds. "I'll admit I do like that spinning thing that they're teaching the Non-bender it's good for the prince too," Tue adds.

"Wait you mean? Kai and Nya? They're not benders?" All the spirits nodded. "They are known as elemental masters, and they will help you right the world as all the elemental masters shall do," The unnamed spirit explains.

"That's awesome! But I really need your help right now, how am I meant to defeat Zhao?" Aang asks. The spirits all exchanged glances and Agni answers. "You already have what you will need, but it will not be without sacrifice,"

That confuses Aang and La adds. "Protect the moon or all fire nation swines shall be doomed. I'll end this war myself and it will end with Agni's death,"

Than Aang was back in the Oasis. He takes a moment to right himself before looking around.

Nya and Katara were sleeping against a tree with Nya using her brother as a pillow, Sokka was sleeping with Yue leaning on him, but was awake, and Momo was sleeping in his lap awakened when Aang came back from the spirit world. Looking over at the exit Aang saw Zuko had still not entered and was actually nowhere to be seen at the door, but Aang brushes it off for now. Looking to the sky he realizes that it was day so the fire nation must have started their attack.

"Hey everyone!" Aang yells and Katara jumps awake at his voice, Yue raises her head, Sokka snorts awake rubbing his eyes, and the siblings groaned about five more minutes shifting in their positions. 

"Wake up!" Aang yells and they groaned waking up. "What?" Kai asks. "Did the spirits give you advice?" Yue asks hopefully. 

"They told me Zhao plans to kill the moon spirit tonight and how we already have what we need to win," Aang explains than looks at Kai and Nya. "What?" Nya asks defensively. Aang leaves it for now, but has to remeber to ask about it later. "I also saw Agni, and the spirits of air and earth," Aang explains. "You saw Agni?!" Everyone looks across the Oasis to see Zuko had returned to the door with a scroll clutched in his hand. 

Aang nodded and Zuko stepped into the Oasis not caring about what he said earlier and walked up to Aang. "What are they like? Are they?" Zuko began. "They're angry, all the spirits are sick," Aang answers and that quiets them. Aang looks at the koi and they have stopped swimming in circles and were listening to him. "The fighting is poisoning all of them, all of them are being poisoned and weakened, I think benders are what keeps them from dying, they need benders to live, but they also embody the benders, and they're fighting, they kept arguing and fighting except for the air spirit, because there is no one to fight," Aang explains sorrowfully.  That sunk in for a moment before Aang continues. 

"La said if we don't protect Tue he's going to flood the fire nation islands, any colonies, any fire bender, any civilian, any island, anything with fire nation connections will be gone if something happens to Tue," Aang gave the grave news. Nya covers her mouth in a startled gasp covering her mouth and squeezing Kai's hand, Yue mutters prayers, Sokka's mouth was in a grim line, Katara looks at Zuko, and the prince?....... His eyes were down cast at this news.

"If Zhao kills the moon he'll kill my people," Zuko said. "But, they're his people too, he's got to," Katara tries to reason. "He's a monster, and I'm going to stop him, for my people," Zuko turns and walks out of the Oasis. 

Aang's watches him leave and looks down taking a breath to calm himself when he realizes the shadows around him. He looks up and saw the pink sky and asks. "How long was I gone?" he asks urgently. "All night and day we fell asleep waiting for you," Sokka answers. 

"That's not good. Zhao's coming for the moon tonight,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.1K 1.2K 78
How whould the Ninjago story be if one of the ninja was a girl. Well now we are gonna find out, meet Kaya the oldest daughter of Ray and Maya. When h...
1.3K 51 30
*Has Been Edited* There was once a hidden kingdom ruled by a King, Queen and a prince. Like always, the kingdom was attacked by unknown enemies. Thi...
9.6K 241 16
The Smith siblings, Kai and Nya, together with their little foster brother, Lloyd, try to survive their difficult life with their abusive foster pare...
199 6 10
Kai and Nya dont really remember there real parents. For all they know Krux and each other is the only family they have. Krux has trained the siblin...