A Thug's Blessing

By ire_goldie

Everyone's past finds their future. More

Nice To Meet You
Gettin' It
Night Out
Meals & Deals
All For Blu
Two For One
Tattooed Heart
Plus One
Welcome To My House
Look What You Made Me Do
Laying Down The Law
Wrong Kid
In The Arms Of The One Who Loves You
Mama Knows Love
Family Ties
Again
Paranoia
You Bring Out The Best In Me
I Forgive You, Again
Emotions
Bad Side
Ten Little Fingers, Ten Little Toes
Need You Bad
Schemes
I'll Kill You
Issa Party
Heal Me
Sky Cry
Blue Lives
For You
For The Love Of Blu
Harm's Way
23 Candles
Closer To The Truth
Feeling Blu

Oh Baby

5.1K 215 22
By ire_goldie

Banks

"Thanks for keeping her Granny." I sighed as my grandmother took a sleeping Blu from my arms.

"Of course. She's my baby too." She said as she sat on her favorite recliner with Blu still in her arms. Usually I would fuss and tell her that Blu was big enough to sleep on her own but I had bigger things to worry about at the moment. She can baby Blu all she wants.

"I'll see you later." I sighed with a million thoughts flowing in my mind at once. My emotions were all over the place but I am really trying my best to stay calm considering the current circumstances.

"Keep me updated on Blessen."

"I will." I said before rushing out of the door. I hopped in my car and sped to the hospital. I was worried sick because Blessen wasn't answering the phone and had never made it home as soon as she usually does. I became terrified when I got the call that she had been in an accident.

I feel like I'm the cause of it all. When she called me about the brake light being on I should have told her to stay put and went to get her myself. I feel so stupid for not taking the situation more seriously. I literally changed Blessen's brakes last week. There is no way that they mysteriously just gave out on her today.

I pulled up to the hospital in no time. I rushed to the front desk and greeted the nurse before requesting to see Blessen Baxter. A doctor heard me ask for her and told the nurse that he would bring me to her.

"Dr. Ilan." He said as he shook my hand.

"Banks King. I'm Blessen's boyfriend."

"I'll take you right to her. She's so lucky to have blocked the airbag because she saved herself a lot of damage. It's amazing that she caught it  because it comes out as soon as a hit occurs. She busted her nose and bruised up her arm pretty bad but she's okay. Her and the baby are okay."

"Baby?" I questioned as we stopped in our tracks. I was happy to hear that my baby was okay. It was also scary to know that things could have ended in the worst way which made me feel lower than I did before and on top of that a baby? Our baby. Blessen has been feeling out of the ordinary but we always had an excuse in her change of health. We would be having a baby soon and I am feeling afraid, excited, and more all at once.

"She made nine weeks pregnant today actually." He giggled a little. "She was more shocked than you when I told her."

"When she wasn't feeling well she met with her doctor and was told that she wasn't pregnant." I said scratching the back of my head trying to make sense of it all.

"That's strange. Her files show a positive pregnant test with her visit to her physician." Dr. Ilan stated. He had a mask on but I could still see the confusion in his face.

"I'm more confused than you." I frowned. I didn't have the answers for anything and that frustrated me even more. Where has my mind been all this time? Something fishy was going on around here and I made it my business to figure out what exactly was going on.

"That's strange. I'll look into this." He said as we stopped in front of a door. "She's awake and stable. You have a strong one on your hands."

He patted my back before rushing away as I sighed. I was nervous to see Blessen and I didn't understand why. I finally found the courage to open the door.

I looked over at Blessen as she fluttered her eyes open.

"Baby?" She croaked.

"I'm here mama." I said rushing over to her side and caressing her face gently as tears rolled down her cheeks. "I'm sorry I didn't protect you."

I looked over at her wrapped up arm and the bandages she had on her nose and to think that something would have happened today I would have lost the love of my life and my seed crushed me. I'd never forgive myself. I refuse to lose another kid. I still haven't fully recovered from the loss of Kairi and I think that's why I love Blu, Shai, Cali, and Chrys so hard. Kairi would have been so loved and spoiled and I hate that we never got to experience each other.

"Banks the police told me that my brakes were cut. They are trying to get the cameras from where I was parked at on the strip." She cried. "I'm so scared. Why do I keep getting hurt? I'm so good to people. I don't deserve this and I'm so sick and tired of this shit."

"Imma find who did this to you! I promise you! Imma handle this! I put that on Kairi." I said holding her as she nodded between her crying. It hurt me even more to see her crying. I could literally feel my heart breaking into pieces. "We're gonna be okay, B. Stop crying."

She rose up a little and wiped her face as I helped her a little trying to soothe her at the same time.

"I'm pregnant." She said with a straight face.

"I know I talked to your doctor. That explains why you've been swiping the fuck out of my card. You know my chip is starting to give out." I said as she laughed a little.

"I'm happy to know I haven't just been being greedy." She teased before getting serious again. "Are you ready for a baby?"

"I'm ready for anything with you. I'm here for every fucking step, B. I promise."

"I love you." She smiled as I noticed the little bruise on the corner of her mouth.

"I love you more." I said pulling her into a kiss.

"Oh thank God you're okay." Onyx said rushing in with Carter and Kelsi on her trail.

"I'm fine sis." Blessen said as she shared a hug with her sister.

"That happened way too fast. Michael Myers didn't even get a chance to kill nobody yet." She said referring to the movie they were about to watch when I gave them the news as we shared an uncomfortable laugh. I could tell that all of our emotions were all over the place. Happy that Blessen is okay but sad because it could have been worse.

Carter and Kelsi greeted Blessen and confessed how happy they were that she was okay. We all couldn't even imagine a life without Blessen in it. I've lived twenty-six years of my life without Blessen but I couldn't imagine a day with her not being in my world. She is my world. There isn't a move I want to make without involving her. I made a mental note to show her everyday how grateful I am to have her in my life.

"Where's Blu?"

"With Granny."

"Can I use your phone to call her? They haven't found my phone yet."

"I'll get you a new one today." I said as she nodded. I handed her my phone as she found Granny's contact.

"Is Blessen okay?" She asked worriedly.

"I'm okay Granny." Blessen smiled a little.

"Oh, thank God! I was worried sick."

"I'll be just fine. They just want me to stay a day or two more to check in on me and....my health." Blessen said. She was about to reveal that she was pregnant but we gave each other a look agreeing to not reveal the news just yet with everything going on. For now, only Blessen and I needed to know.

"That's good. You're truly blessed. God was with you. Blu can stay as long as you need."

"Thank you Granny. As soon as they release me I'll come get her. I don't want her to visit me and see me like this."

"I understand and even after if you need more time. We got her, Blessen."

"I know and appreciate you all." Blessen nodded as if Granny could see her. "Granny, can you put her on the phone?"

"Of course. Let me get her."

I listened as she moved around until the phone finally got to Blu.

"Mommy?!" Blu exclaimed with excitement.

"Hey, Nu." She smiled and so did I. These girls mean everything to me and I'll do whatever to keep them smiling.

"I want to see your face mommy. Why didn't you FaceTime me?" Blu asked as Blessen looked my way for answers.

"Because Blu I don't have service where I'm at." She lied. We all knew that we had to explain to Blu what was going on sooner or later and we silently chose later. She was too smart for her own good so it really is no point in lying to her. We just don't know the right words to say right now and that's not a crime.

"Ugh, I hate it here." Blu whined as we laughed.

"Blu, I told you to stop saying that. I hate when you say stuff like that. Life is great for you, you spoiled little princess."

"No it's not. I can't even FaceTime my mom when I want." She said as we laughed a little. Blu didn't understand how she lighted up everyone's world. She was just being herself. She doesn't even understand how beautiful and strong her personality is at the age of three.

"I'll FaceTime you soon Dior. I love you."

"I love you too mommy. When are you coming to get me?"

Blessen handed me the phone as tears rushed down her face. She hated lying to Blu but at the same time she didn't want Blu to see her in this manner.

"Hey mama." I said walking out of the room allowing Onyx and Kelsi to console her while I tended to Blu.

"Hey pops." Blu said as I smiled. She started calling me "pops" once we explained to her that Ayden was her dad and that's the only person that she should call that. She understood and found me a more suitable name. Of course, I'm a father figure to Blu but I'm not her father and I tried my best to not overstep my boundaries which became hard sometimes because of how close we were becoming.

"Baby girl." I called. "I'll come get you later and guess what I'll have with me?"

"Mommy?" She asked as I frowned a little. I hate lying to Blu too.

"Ice cream. The pink kind." I said trying to sound as joyful as possible but it wasn't working. I couldn't even fake being happy. I was slowly breaking down watching Blessen and Blu hurt.

"I just want mommy."

"I'll get her to you Blu."

"You pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise." I said as I looked through the small window in the door of Blessen's hospital room as Onyx sat in bed with her. Blessen was laying on her chest as Onyx played with her hair. She seemed to have calmed down a little. Kelsi sat in a chair near her bedside as she rubbed Blessen's back. Carter was seated in a chair across the room probably thinking the same shit that I was.

I vowed to never see Blessen and Blu hurt again. Whoever was behind this is living in their last days.
________________
Vote, comment, & follow!
Love, ire_goldie 🤎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 1.1K 20
Follow Karrueche through her struggles in life.
350K 11.6K 89
Thugs need love too ya know.
14 0 1
Nothing (7-25-2022)