Coldness.

By TeaviAckerman

Switching regiments seemed like a great idea at first, but your new Captain is unnaturally cold towards you... More

Prologue
Getting to know the new recruit.
The first interaction.
Messing with the Captain.
Eavesdropping.
The Beast Titan.
The anniversary.
The alleyway
The tavern
Hangover.
Downpour.
Tea shop.
Captains office.
Training tease.
The mystery man.
Prisoner.
Closer.
Reunion.
Indecipherable.
Smile.
The word.
Gone.
A choice with regrets.
Over.
Down.
Clean.
Ripper.
Ackermans.
Dream.

The date.

671 16 35
By TeaviAckerman

Today was your date with Levi. The plan was to meet him outside when it dropped dark, but you had to be subtle about it.

There were a few hours to kill until you were supposed to meet him and you spent some of them getting ready for the date. This would be your first ever date, and it was safe to say that you were extremely nervous.

You wore a beautiful lace red dress that sat just above the knee with ankle boots and a black jacket. Your hair was in loose curls and swept to the side and you wore red lipstick and smokey eyeshadow. You felt that you may be over dressed but a first date with the most handsome man you've ever met was a very big deal to you.

He hadn't told you where he was taking you, so you just had to wing it and hope for the best.

After checking yourself over in the mirror, you topped up on your favorite fragrance and left your room to see if anyone was around.

The mess hall was empty, and so were all the other hangout spots for your friends, so you decided to head outside and check up on the cats. You and Levi had been taking it in turns to feed them since you ran into him there, it was kind of an unspoken agreement, and tonight was your turn.

You were about to enter the alleyway when Hange emerged from it, taking you by surprise.

"Hey Y/N. What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I was just checking up on some cats I've been feeding recently."

"That's strange. Levi asked me to feed them tonight since he was busy. I didn't know anyone else was feeding them too."

"Oh, really?" you decided to play dumb. You had no idea if Hange knew anything, so you didn't want to give it away.

"Well, they're already fed. Are you going somewhere? You look very dressed up!" Hange winked at you as they said this.

"I've got some time to kill."

"Come with me!"

Hange grabbed your wrist and pulled you off towards the experiment grounds. Hange had been conducting more experiments with Eren's titan under Erwin's watch. Jean, Mikasa and Armin often joined them to spectate.

You arrived on a steep hill, looking down at Eren's titan, or what was left of it anyway. They had been doing hardening experiments, but he was struggling.

Right now, all he managed to leave behind was a giant ribcage half covered in muscle.

There was quite an audience watching right now too. Erwin had been conducting the experiment in Hange's absence, and gathered around were Connie, Sasha, Jean, Armin and Mikasa.

"Ah Hange you're back. I think you should go talk to Eren. He needs some encouragement." Erwin spoke, and then turned to you.

"Y/N, you look wonderful. Going anywhere nice?" He smiled at you. You couldn't tell if he knew you were going out with Levi tonight.

As he said this everyone else turned to look at you. Mikasa immediately looked back over to Eren, while Jean was ogling you in a not so subtle manner.

Connie and Sasha were already whispering to each other and giggling while Armin gave you a kind smile.

"I don't actually know Commander, but thank you" you smiled at him.

"Well, wherever you're going I'm sure you'll be turning heads."

Erwin went to accompany Hange and you joined your friends in watching them.

"Y/N you look really nice." Armin spoke first

"Where ya heading then? Got a hot date?" Connie piped up.

That guy never missed an opportunity to make a little joke about you and Levi, but this time instead of being annoyed at him, you laughed.

Connie and Sasha looked to eachother with raised eyebrows and a look that clearly said "knew it"

Jean continued gaping at you, Mikasa noticed this and nudged him. He quickly looked away in shame.

You knew you looked good, and the reactions of everyone else only further proved that, but you were feeling very shy about Levi seeing you dressed up like this. He was the one you were hoping to impress the most of course.

Armin walked over to you and pulled you to the side to speak to you.

"Did you talk to Levi then?"

"I did. We're going on a date tonight but please don't tell anyone"

"That's amazing Y/N! I'm so happy for you."

"I'm just worrying about my outfit. Do you think I'm over dressed?"

"I think he'll love it." He smiled at you and gave you a pat on the shoulder.

Armin had become your unofficial relationship advisor. He was clearly inexperienced with such things himself, but he was good at reading people, and he was the only one you had told about your situation with Levi. You felt this made you much closer friends than before, and you were grateful for that.

You rejoined the group and continued to observe the experiments. Hange and Erwin were giving Eren a pep talk, but everything you saw was pretty uneventful.

You realized it was almost time to meet Levi, so you quickly said your goodbyes and left to meet him.

You saw him before he saw you. He was dressed in a black suit, no tie. His shoes were shiny and he  was leaned against the wall, tapping his foot slightly, occasionally straightening out his jacket and adjusting his sleeves. His hair was in it's usual style but it looked somehow neater than usual. He had clearly made an effort too.

He looked over and saw you, and when he did his eyes widened. He looked you up and down slowly, but not in the gross way men usually did.

"Hi." you said as you approached him.

"Hi." he replied.

You both stood there silently for a few seconds, ogling each other but trying to be subtle about it.

Then he took your hand and lead you down the street a little, you noticed a beautiful horse drawn carriage parked up on the street, and you knew this was your transport for the evening. He had really gone all out.

You approached the carriage and he opened the door and helped you in before joining and sitting across from you, and then the carriage began to move.

It was silent apart from the clip clop of the horses hooves on the pavement. You watched out the window as buildings passed by, and you still had no idea where you were going. Everything in town was closed at this time, except for taverns, which you knew were not Levi's scene at all.

"Where are we going?" you decided to ask.

"It's a surprise." He answered.

You didn't pry. You continued to look out the window  and admire the view. You could see his reflection in the window and he was looking at you in a way nobody ever had before. His eyes were practically sparkling as they were glued to your face. You couldn't tell for sure but it looked like he was wearing a slight smile, and he looked absolutely breathtaking. You had a very hard time not letting on that you could see him.

The carriage pulled to a stop, and Levi got out first, holding the door open for you and taking your hand as you exited. 

You had pulled up right outside of a very familiar door. But you couldn't quite place it.

Levi opened the door, and an unmistakable jingle rang above your head as you entered. You looked around the room and realized that this was the same tea shop from before, but it was different.

Obviously it was closed, but it was beautiful. All of the tables had been cleared except for one, which had two teacups and candles on it. Levi noticed you staring and quickly explained the situation.

"I've uh.. I've never actually taken anyone on a date before. So I thought I'd just hire out my favorite place for the evening. I hope its okay." He was being anxious again, it made you melt.

"It's perfect."

He pulled out a chair for you and sat opposite you after he pushed you in. Of course the drink he had arranged to be ready for you was your favorite.

The room was completely dark other than the fire and the candles, and the center of the table was one single red rose in a vase, and a white candle either side of it.

You began with small talk. You told Levi about running into Hange, and then watching some of the experiments with the others. He rolled his eyes when you told him Jean was there, but he was intently listening to you, his eyes on you the entire time you spoke.

Two plates arrived at the table, somehow Levi had arranged meals to be delivered here, and you were incredibly grateful as you had skipped dinner to get ready and settle your nerves, so you were practically starving. You had no idea what this food was, but it tasted amazing. As you dug in Levi started to become chatty again, he told you about his past in the underground, about how he and Erwin met, some of which you already knew from Erwin but you didn't let on.

He looked sad when he spoke about his mother Kuchel. He also went on to tell you about a man named Kenny who bought him up after his mothers passing, but then abandoned him in the underground. He told you how Kenny was also a serial murderer and had earned quite a reputation of notoriety both in the underground and above.  

He was still affected by the loss of his mother and Kenny abandoning him. You comforted him by leaning over to hold his hand on the table. He looked at you with a miniscule hint of a smile, and you both fell silent. Just looking into each others eyes, getting lost in them.

"You look beautiful" he said out of nowhere, causing you to blush profusely.

"Not so bad yourself Captain."

"Tch. I told you, It's Levi."

"Okay Cap."

He let out a small sharp breath through his nose. Was that a laugh?

"So you've really never been on a date before?"

Him mentioning that before had only just hit you, and you had a hard time believing it.

"Never. I suppose I just never had the time or met the right person."

"Me too"

He looked very surprised by this, but also relieved. He seemed much more relaxed now he knew this was your first date too, and you felt the same.

Your mind began to wonder. If he's never been on a date, does that mean he's never had a relationship? Maybe he only had casual partners before. He's probably slept with the most beautiful women in the walls. A twinge of jealousy hit you again, and you shook it off it by continuing the conversation.

You spoke for hours as your food had been replaced by delicious slices of cake.

Something about tonight had you feeling something you had never felt before, but you couldn't put it into words properly. You were comfortable, yet excited, Confident yet nervous. Whatever this feeling was, it was good.

The way Levi looked at you made you so giddy it was hard to hide it. Conversation flowed and his eyes bore into yours, but it was different. You didn't feel threatened or exposed, you felt acknowledged and accepted.

As you both began to grow tired, Levi left some money on the table and thanked the owner, who had only made appearances to bring food, drinks and clear your table throughout the night.

The old man smiled kindly at you both and gave Levi a salute.

"Anything for my best customer."

You both left arm in arm. The carriage was still outside waiting for you. Levi wrapped you in his arms and placed a kiss on your forehead before helping you into the carriage again.

As he was about to get in, he looked behind the carriage at something further down the alley and froze. You followed his line of sight to see a slim silhouette of a man, the only thing you could see was that this silhouette was wearing a long coat and some kind of hat, maybe a bowler hat?

The figure quickly disappeared around the corner and Levi scowled in it's direction before climbing into the carriage and closing the door. He seemed tense, and instructed the driver to speed up your trip home.

"Is everything okay?" you asked

"Yeah."

"Who was that? Do you know him?"

"Don't worry about that. He isn't important"

The rest of the ride home was in silence, but Levi had taken your hand and held it tight the whole way. So tight it's as if he thought you would slip away for good.

When you arrived back, He walked you to your bedroom door, kissed you softly and left silently.

You had an amazing night, and it seemed he did too, but now, something was bothering him.

Was it that man from earlier? Who was that?

Should I be worried?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

467K 11.7K 19
Y/n finds an injured Levi in the forest and takes him into her cottage where they get intimate with each other. "𝘚𝘰 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦... 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯...
295K 10.3K 33
{Levi x Reader} {Trilogy: Pt 1} I lived within so many barricades; the physical wall that barred me from the unknown, outside world...the social wal...
98.1K 2.4K 23
She is a field medic for the Survey Corps - having only joined for one purpose. Aside from duties on the field; she assists her squad leader, Hange...
159K 4.6K 11
(F/n) (L/n), 19 years old, cadet in the Survey Corps for 4 years and counting. You are, unbeknownst to your comrades, particulary skilled in outdoor...