Gives You Hell (Dramione Love...

By toosmall808

First book in the GAUNT TRILOGY! Good girls are always the ones to go Bad. And once they go bad they don't ev... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9: Just the way you are
Chapter 10: More Slytherin
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14: Sexy and I know it
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17: Addicted to You
Chapter 18
Chapter 19: Confused
Authors Note
Chapter 20
Chapter 21: Wide Awake
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Lilies
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Epilogue

Chapter 35- locked in a Snow Globe

15.9K 406 156
By toosmall808

Sorry for the chapter delays. But as I promise a Dramione moment is on store for you!

Thanks for waiting!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Paris, France," Hermione said as she stepped into the fireplace and released the floo powder clutched in her hands. Instantly she was engulfed in emerald green flames.

She shut her eyes as she heard a whooshing sound and felt a strong breeze. When she felt her feet touch the ground once more, she found herself standing in a fireplace of a bustling cafe. People milled around and were chatting amongst each other. Some drank their coffees, others read books, some sat happily chatting, and none seemed to have noticed her arrival. Hermione stepped out, dusting herself off.

She heard the crackling of flames behind her and saw Harry emerge from the magnificent flames. He too dusted himself off as he stepped out of the fireplace and stood besides her. He peered around the room, finding it to be quite homey.

A passerby glanced at the two newcomers and stopped in their tracks. It was a young boy maybe in his early teens. When his eyes landed on Harry they grew saucer-wide. He opened his mouth, trying to mouth words and Harry's face grew pink with embarrassment.

"vous êtes Harry Potter!" The boy exclaimed out loud, his voice ringing throughout the room. Everyone stopped what they were doing. The boy finally let his eyes roam and landed on Hermione. The boy almost fainted right then and there. "Et tu H-Hermione Granger?"

This time it was Hermione who was blushing pink. Instantly the once silent and shocked room erupted in loud chatter.

"'Ermione?" " 'Arry Potter?" "le héros de guerre, the war heroes?" Could all be heard. Hermione and Harry stood there awkwardly. Harry gave a sheepish smile.

Theodore appeared next out of the flames but no one took notice of him. They were too occupied with the Golden Duo. Theo awkwardly stood behind Hermione.

"What's going on?" Theo whispered to Hermione.

She looked behind her and saw a very confused Teddy. She gave him a reassuring smile.

"I have no idea, but they seem to know Harry and I," Hermione replied softly.

Finally Draco appeared and the room went dead silent. It was a tad bit eery. Draco however ignored the stares.

"Well are we going to just stand here all day or what?" Draco asked irritated and annoyed. He didn't like the glares he was now receiving.

"Well we can eat breakfast here or somewhere else," Hermione suggested.

"I fancy that idea. I'm starving," Theo added patting his stomach.

"But maybe we should go somewhere where there aren't people sending Draco death glares," Theo whispered in Hermione's ear.

She glanced at Draco and saw him looking bored. His hands were still hidden in his coat pockets and he was looking at the ground. He seemed careless about the stares he was getting but Hermione knew that he was terribly uncomfortable but simply didn't wish to show it.

"I know a nice restaurant close to here, but its full of muggles," Hermione warned the two Slytherin boys.

"You act like we never met a muggle before," Theo said.

"Just informing you before either one of you start complaining. Or we can stay here," Hermione replied.

"No the muggle place is good," Theo hurriedly replied. He felt like eating crepes.

The four of them left the cafe, everyone still looking at them, talking quietly amongst each other. Many were in awe with being in the presence of the Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. Their faces have been plastered on the Daily Prophet for months on end and they of course knew of the war and Harry and Mione's heroic actions. However what they found to be quite perplexing was that Draco Malfoy, a death eater, was with the Golden Duo. It didn't make sense to them whatsoever.

Once outside the cafe, all four young adults let out a breath.

"They were a welcoming lot weren't they?" Theo asked bemused. "Sure took a liking to you Drake. "

Draco simply shot him a death glare of his own and turned away, looking down the snow covered streets. A few beings littered the area, walking from one place to the next. Several cars passed.

"It's this way," Hermione said, leading the way.

The three boys glanced at one another and followed after her quickly. Harry walked in step with Hermione, while Theo and Draco trailed behind them. Theo grumbled to himself, there went spending the day alone with Hermione.

Hermione breathed in the air. The last time she had been to Paris she had only been ten, it was the summer before she went to Hogwarts for the first time. She knew exactly where she was. She had been here too many times to count.

Her feet led the way without a second thought and before she knew it she stood in front of a familiar restaurant that she had come to numerous times with her parents.

Hermione went to open the door but stopped when Draco pulled it open for her. He didn't look at her and she swore he was blushing, but that could've just been because of the winter weather. As she walked inside she whispered a thank you but Draco avoided eye contact and nodded his head once.

Harry was about to enter as well but Draco cut in front of him. Draco sneered.

"I'll die before I open a door for you," Draco replied coldly and walked in after Hermione.

Harry was just about to get hit by the door but was saved by a hand stopping it. Harry looked up and saw that it was Theo who gave him an apologetic smile.

"Sorry bout that, you'll have to excuse Draco, he's not the most friendliest bloke." Theo told Harry, apologizing for his best mate.

Harry just sighed.

"Thanks," Harry said in reply as Theo opened the door wider for harry to enter.

"Can't you be more civil towards him Draco?" Hermione asked crossing her arms as she gave Draco a disapproving look.

"Stop looking at me like that," he said softly, sounding defeated. His shoulders sagged.

"Like what?"

"Like you expect more from me," He replied and looked away.

"Draco," Hermione started to say, dropping her arms, her fingers automatically reaching for him.

"Forget it," Draco replied and walked away, her hands fell to her side barely having grazed his clothing. Hermione stared after him, ready to catch up, but was interrupted.

"'Ermione?" An old French lady asked out loud. She stepped out of another door that led to the kitchen.

She was a small old lady with a head full of grey hair. Her eyes were a light blue and there was just a comforting aura surrounding her.

Hermione felt recognition spark through her, she just didn't know why. She felt that she should've known the woman before her, but for some reason not a single memory of the lady emerged. Hermione, not wanting to be rude, plastered a fake,kind smile on her face. She noticed Harry look at her oddly in her peripheral vision. No doubt questioning the very fake, overly friendly smile plastered on her lips.

"Bonjour," the old lady greeted as she pulled Hermione into a warm, tight embrace. The atmosphere grew lighter.

"Bonjour," Hermione greeted in reply.

"vous avez grandi! *you have grown*," the lady exclaimed in excitement. She pulled away from Hermione looking her up and down. The old lady finally seemed to register how uncomfortable Hermione was growing. She chuckled.

"excusez-moi, j'oublie que je ne t'ai pas vu depuis que vous étiez un enfant. vous n'avez probablement pas de moi, oui?*Excuse me, i forget that i have not seen you since you were a child. You probably don't remember me, yes?*" The old lady asked.

"Ah...oui," Hermione said embarrassed. She knew she should have remembered this warm, sweet, old lady, but her memory wasn't working correctly as of lately.

"ne soyez pas enfant de manière embarrassée. Je suis Louise Benoit. *Dont be embarrassed child. I am Louise Benoit.*" the lady introduced herself. Hermione's ears perked up at her name.

"Madame Benoit?" Hermione asked her to make sure she heard the name right.

"Oui," Louise replied with a smile.

Hermione slowly began to remember who this old woman was. And suddenly it hit her like a ton of blocks.

"Madame Benoit!" She exclaimed and wrapped the old lady in her arms once more, finally realizing who Louise was. She mentally scolded herself, how could she forget? She felt the lady laugh beneath her.

"vous souvenez de moi maintenant?*you remember me now?*" Louise asked.

"Oui, Oui!" Mione replied enthusiastically. Finally she let go of old woman who was practically a grandmother to her.

When she used to come to Paris with her parents during the summer and occasional winters, they had stayed at a family operated local hotel. The Benoit family had owned it and Hermione and her parents grew quite close to them over the course of several years. Hermione couldn't believe how daft she was to as not have remembered this sweet old lady. She was practically in tears as her memories began to resurface. This very woman was the one who taught Hermione how to cook a proper and exquisite Ratatouille. She actually taught Hermione how to cook, if it wasn't for her Hermione would've still been burning toast.

Hermione felt completely Idiotic. She now had on a real smile and was high with enthusiasm. However as she peered longer at the old lady, she registered how old Louise truly had grown. Looking at her, Mione could see why she didn't recognize her at first. The last time Hermione had seen Louise, she still had blonde hair, less wrinkles, and seemed so young and full of life although she was sixty-one. But that was well over nine years ago. And in the course of less than a decade Louise had aged tremendously. The only thing that didn't change was the spark in her eyes and the warmth that she emitted.

Louise took in the other people that stood behind Hermione. Harry had a smile but was a tad confused. Theo looked around and held his tummy as if the stomach pains from not eating were torturous. Draco stood in the corner, looking out the window, ignoring everyone. The few other customers that were in the room sat and ate their delicious meals. Not paying much attention to the newcomers and scene before them.

"Who are your lovely friends?" Louise asked switching to English, her voice thick with her accent.

Hermione blushed. She completely forgot that they were even here with her. She looked to her left and saw Harry and Theo.

"This is Harry and Theo," Hermione introduced the two boys. Both greeted Louise kindly.

Theo however could smell the food in the air and his mouth was watering. He eyed the food near him and glared enviously at the people eating it.

"You boys must be hungry. Come, come, sit down, I'll cook you something right away," Louise said cheerfully, leading the three of them to a four seat table.

"Is that young fellow with you as well?" Louise asked, looking at the platinum blonde haired boy staring out the window, a dark cloud seeming to be hovering above him.

"Y-yes," Hermione replied. "That's Draco."

"Is he going to eat as well?" Louise asked in a concerned tone

"Don't mind him Madame Louise, he's always by himself like that. He's quite mysterious that way," Theo said aloud.

"He looks thin, I'll go and make him a special meal," With that Louise disappeared behind the doors she had entered.

Theo sat on the seat nearest the wall and Harry sat across from him. Hermione was torn between taking her seat and talking to Draco. However her decision was made when she saw Draco slip out of the front doors. She looked at Theo and he gave her a confused look.

"I'll go see what he's up to," she told the two and quickly followed after Draco.

--------------

Draco walked with a quick pace. His long legs allowing him to have larger strides. It was cold and snow littered the ground, but he kept his balance and continued his brisk walk.

He didn't know where he was going. But for moment back there he had felt the walls close in on him. He could feel his lungs struggle for breath. Worst yet, he didn't know if he was simply day dreaming or if it actually happened.

He blocked out the world and picked up his pace. His breaths were white clouds floating upwards towards the sky and his face felt numb from the freezing wind that whipped around him. He was sure that his face must've been pink from the coldness that engulfed him, but he didn't care. He stuffed his gloved hands further into his pockets to conserve his warmth. His hat and scarf also helped him stay somewhat warmer, but not much.

The sun shined more brilliantly then and that helped thaw the coldness. He was lucky that the snow had stopped falling for the day or he would've been freezing his arse off more than he was now. He continued walking through crowds of people until finally he slowed down his pace.

The snow crunched beneath his feet and he finally came to a

complete stop. He looked up and was amazed by the picturesque scene in front of him. There in all its grand glory stood the Eiffel Tower. There wasn't a soul around and that in itself was a miracle.

Undisturbed snow lay before him and the benches to his left were covered in at least an inch of snow. The leafless branches of the trees that lined the pathway he was on were also covered in snow and directly before him was the Eiffel Tower. Dark clouds were in the sky but the sun trickled through, turning the grey morning into a light blue. Where the light touched the ground, the snow seemed to sparkle and were like little diamonds, reflecting the suns light and causing the entire world, so it seemed, to be dazzled in gems and richest of stones. The ice crystals that dangled from the branches had light filtering through them, making them even more magical than magic itself.

Draco was in awe. He never truly appreciated the beauty of nature and the simplicity of the complex world. His appreciation was short lived when he heard the snow crunch behind him. In a quick fluid motion he faced the newcomer and was surprised to see an out of breath Hermione.

Her hair was in a mess, her cheeks were flushed, her breaths come out rapidly, and her eyes were closed as she tried to regain her breathing and control her heart. She didn't realize how fast Draco actually was. She was in wonder how he was not huffing and puffing like she was. The air was thin and she found it harder to breath. It also didn't help that she had slipped twice while following him. Her jacket was luckily the only article of clothing that was soaked. Being the daft person she was that day, she didn't have the common sense to take it off. Truly it would leave many to wonder how she was labeled the brightest witch of the age.

Draco groaned mentally to himself when he took in the rest of her appearance. He saw her soaking coat and he noticed that her scarf had fallen at her feet. She was oblivious however and Draco growled in irritation. Wouldn't she ever learn? He asked himself. How many times would it take for her to learn how to correctly dress during the winter.

Draco let out a breath and it danced upward as it left his lips. He slowly walked towards Hermione and bent down, picking up her scarf. When he stood back up he was caught in her big hazel eyes with only a tint of green held within them. Draco placed the scarf over his neck for the moment. Seeing that it would do her no good if she was still wearing her wet coat.

He waited for her to take her coat off and rolled his eyes openly when she didn't. He knew if she kept it on any longer it would soak the rest of her clothing.

"You should take off your coat," he told her in a slightly annoyed voice.

Hermione blinked rapidly.

"W-what, why?" She asked as she peered down at herself. She turned bright pink when she realized that she was still wearing her completely drenched coat. "Oh." She said embarrassed.

Her fingers instantly went to the first button as she tried to undo it. But her hands were shaking from not only the coldness that had now took hold of her but also because of the stare she could feel on her. She glanced up and saw Draco looking at her tiredly. She fumbled with the button and still couldn't undo it. She heard Draco sigh heavily once more, which caused her to have her numb fingers slip. She made a mental note to wear mittens or at the very least gloves the next time. Mittens always irritated her. She didn't like her fingers being confined, it was also hard to turn pages with mittens on. Thus the reason she never invested in them.

She heard Draco step closer.

"Just let me do it already," Draco said sounding exhausted. Though he thought it funny that she couldn't even unbutton her buttons herself.

Hermione froze as Draco clutched her hands gently, stopping her from trying to undo the buttons herself. Which she was failing terribly at. He was shocked at how cold she was and noticed the ghostly pale that was now her new color. He also noticed as he held her hands, the absence of her mittens. He couldn't help it, a bubble of laughter emerged from him. He found it hard to believe how little common sense she had and how daft she could be when it came to winter weather. It was like the snow froze the functioning circuits in her brain, causing her to act like a child unable to care for themselves.

Hermione blushed a tomato red, her cheeks enflamed.

"What?" She asked him, wanting to know why he was laughing at her.

"Nothing," He replied. He sobered up then and pulled his hands away from hers, taking off his winter open fingered gloves. He handed them to her. "put these on," he told her. She didn't reach for them.

"You need them. They're yours," She replied softly. Her heart hammered in her chest.

Draco rolled his eyes to himself. This woman was going to drive him mad.

"I'm fine," He told her. Not giving her a chance to argue he stuffed his gloves into his coat pocket and started to unbutton her coat . "Got to take you're coat off first before you freeze to death."

His fingers effortlessly worked the buttons. When he got to the last one he noticed that it also had a zipper. He quickly pulled the zipper down and then went on to take the coat off of Hermione. All the while she stood there like a little girl, allowing him to help her as if she were incapable. She watched him with curious eyes.

Draco set the coat on the bench beside them, not caring if it got any more wet. It was drenched anyway. He then took off his own thick and warm coat and placed it on her.

"No, you're going to get cold Draco," She said as she tried to shrug off his coat. He however kept it placed on her.

"I'm fine," he repeated simply once more. She wanted to argue but knew she wouldn't win the argument and so allowed him to guide her arms into the holes. She instantly began to feel warmer and she inhaled his scent. Her hands were practically frozen though.

Draco buttoned her up and then grabbed both of her freezing hands in his warm ones. He placed them in his grasps and rubbed them to get the circulation going in her numb fingers. He then brought them to his mouth and blew a warm breath onto them, still rubbing them to create friction and warmth.

Hermione stood there, frozen for a completely other reason then the obvious. The moment was almost intimate. She couldn't believe Draco was doing this for her. Couldn't believe he was being so kind to her even after the way she had been treating him. When he said he would win her over he wasn't kidding. She could already feel her resolve melting as her fingers thawed and his warm breath sent tingles through her body and up her spine.

Once Draco was satisfied that her fingers were warm enough he slipped his hands into the pockets of his coat that she wore and grabbed his gloves. He then placed them on for her, as if she was incapable, and at the moment she was. She was complete putty in his hands. She was already forgetting why she didn't trust him.

Next he took off her scarf that he wore and wrapped it on her neck. He then noticed that she also had no earmuffs or beanie/hat on. He sighed heavily once more. He honestly thought she would've learned by now. He then took off his hat and put it atop her head instead.

Hermione frowned. She was once again touched by Draco's thoughtfulness but guilty that she was taking all his warm clothing because she forgot to dress properly for the weather once more. She looked at him and saw that all he wore was his own scarf, long sleeved black turtleneck shirt, black pants and black brownish boots that matched his brown blackish furry hat, gloves, and coat.

"Now you're going to get cold," Hermione said. Draco shrugged and went to collect her soaking jacket.

However as he was reaching for it he felt two warm hands embrace him. He almost stumbled back from the impact but regained his balance just in time. He looked down and saw Hermione snuggling into his chest, hugging him. It took him a moment to register what was happening before he hesitantly allowed his arms to wrap around her as well. He allowed himself to enjoy the embrace. Quickly it ended too soon and she pulled away.

"Thank you Draco," She said with a brilliant smile, her eyes sparkling. "I owe you."

He chuckled softly to himself and allowed a grin to grace his features. He dropped his arms as at his sides as Hermione took a step back.

What happened next occurred instantaneously and without warning. It was as if everything happened in slow motion. As Hermione stepped back her foot slipped and she went tumbling backwards her hands automatically reaching out. Draco seeing her lose her balance quickly reached for her and in doing so lost his balance as well. Both fell, hermione shutting her eyes for the impact, until a loud crunch of snow could be heard.

Draco was sprawled atop of Hermione their faces centimeters apart. Both were breathing heavily and their hearts were hammering in their chest so furiously that both could feel each others raging hearts. Silver met hazel and the world melted away.

Draco knew he was supposed to be taking things slow and winning her trust but he couldn't help himself. With his body on top of hers and the vulnerable look in her eye and face flushed pink, he lost control and rational thoughts were thrown out the window. He shut his eyes and closed the distance.

Hermione knew she didn't completely trust Draco and was still disgusted with him for going out with that girl. But she couldn't blame him, it was not like they were dating or anything. She had no claim to him. She also didn't care at the moment. He had been so caring, so sweet, so genuine, her walls around her heart were crumbling around her once more and she was just beginning to build them back up. And with his warm body pressed up against her and look in his eye, well she wanted nothing more than to snog him right then and there. Before she knew it her wish was granted and she closed her eyes as she saw his lips near. Both hearts thudded loudly in their rib cages.

Their senses exploded and they were in ecstasy. It amazed her how wonderful a single kiss from Draco Malfoy could be. She knew what they were doing was wrong, yet it felt so damn right. They knew they were complete opposites yet they were also the sides of the same coin. They were alike in so many ways yet different for the exact sameness.

The clouds turned dark above them, but they didn't notice. And as snow began to lightly fall, neither dared to come apart. The world around them cocooned them into a life-like snow globe as the snowflakes swirled around them and they stayed frozen in place. A fire burning in their souls, thawing their hearts, and melting their tiring facade of lies and pretending. They were trapped in a moment, forever combined by the lips, solidified into a lovers statue in the cold tundra. They were infinite and a sweet melody of their beating hearts played softly in their ears as the snow swirled and danced.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Will try to update sometime next week. Gotta take my SATs this Saturday. I'm not gonna study though. I'm going to wing it to see how dumb I really am and what I need to work on. Then in May I'm gonna take it again and study my @$$ off. I NEED at least a 2100! Wish me luck. Lol.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 8.5K 42
Hermione and her friends, Harry and Ron are destined to defeat the Dark lord and the death eaters one and for all. Right? Thats the way its been sinc...
587K 12.6K 58
It had been too long, why reveal the truth after years? Hermione Granger was believed to be Muggleborn most of her life, till she found out some une...
129K 3.6K 51
100.282 Words The Marauders juniors. Harry James Potter, Y/n Lily Potter, Hermione Jeanine Granger and Ronald Weasley, Harry and Y/n are the chosen o...
1.8K 98 26
This story is for all the people out there who prefer chaos over simplicity, prefer villains over hero's , and people who always felt that they belon...