just friends//kth

By vi-writes

"listen." he pulled his mask off and leaned into you. your eyes widened a little to see his face pulled tight... More

author's note :)
aesthetics
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty - six
epilogue
author's note :')

nine

259 10 0
By vi-writes

"And I feel like it's too early to propose, dude."

"Fuck yeah, it's too early-- you're twenty, Jiminie."

The boys moved up a space in line. "Well, she's the one, dude, I'm sure of that." Taehyung sighed. "I'm marrying the shit out of jm/gf, I just don't know when."

"After you finish school?" Jimin kicked at a pebble that'd made its way inside of the store they were in.

"I mean, would it matter? We could be married and still do school."

"Yeah, but isn't that weird? You can't live together and do married shit, you know?"

Jimin began to protest. "We could live together-- why couldn't we? She has a job, I have a job. We can get a small apartment by the school."

Taehyung sighed, stretching his arms as Jimin walked up to the counter to pay for the candy he'd bought. "What time do you have between a degree in engineering and dance to go house hunting?"

"Plenty."

"I doubt it."

"Whatever, dude-- I'll propose next year then."

Taehyung and Jimin were at the mall together trying to find presents for their respective girlfriends. Taehyung had a date with his girlfriend who'd been complaining that he hadn't boughten her anything in the time they'd been together. And Jimin had a 3 year anniversary to celebrate.

"Where's y/n at-- I feel like the three of us haven't been together in ages, dude." Jimin picked up a fast-food bag left on the ground and balled it up, throwing it into a nearby trashcan.

"How the fuck would I know?" 

Jimin glanced at him. "Did something happen between you guys?" Tae looked up. "You're both so awkward now, man."

"Nah, nothing like that." Jimin shrugged and went back to counting his change as he'd been doing. "So how are things going with that guy she's seeing?" 

Jimin rolled his eyes. "Ask her yourself, dude."

"Just tell me. The last time I asked, we fought." 

"She's fine, she's seeing him-- that's all."

"Fine, don't tell me, I don't give a shit about it anyway." Jimin stopped walking for a moment and stared.

"You tell her about the thing that happened in middle school and she's pissed, isn't she?" Taehyung froze. "Fuck, dude, we agreed it was better she didn't know ab--"

"I didn't tell her that-- did you tell her?" Jimin frowned and shook his head.

"No? Why would I?" Taehyung simply shook his head and kept on walking. "Dude?"

"It's nothing. I'd-- I'd forgotten about that."

---

see you :)

Your date had only liked your message and you frowned, staring at it. He could've at least sent a smiley face back, right? Or maybe a xx? You questioned it for the millionth time before clicking your phone off.

There was absolutely no correlation between him not texting you back and him being a slight bit late for your date. None. Nothing at all.

So where was he?

You considered calling him but what kind of manners would that be? Maybe he'd gotten stuck in traffic? Or he'd headed the wrong way and missed the restaurant? You kept telling yourself the same thing; there had to be some sort of valid excuse for his being late. Right?

The waitress approached you for the third time and you shook your head. "Not yet, thank you."

"Miss, we have a two-hour limit, just so you're aware." You nodded and she left once again, prepared to arrive a few more times. Before your date showed up.

That is, if he showed up.

Every time the chime of the bells at the door went off, you turned to look, hoping he'd be there. However, that hope was starting to deplete as minutes passed by.

Your constant turning and checking of the door was how you'd ended up watching Taehyung walk in. You rolled your eyes as your eyes landed on him, his arms around his girlfriend's waist like an idiot. They got their seats and began to make their way over to the seating area. You quickly turned away and picked up your menu.

"Oh my gosh! You!" 

You looked up and pretended to be shocked. "Oh, hey!" Tae smiled, hands in his pockets as his girlfriend leaned down to sort-of hug you. You pulled away and they pointed to their table. You nodded.

"Are you here with someone?" t/gf asked. You nodded and smiled. "Oh my gosh, we should have that double date we were talking about! Have you two ordered yet?"

"Oh, no, he isn't here yet-- and it's okay. Maybe next time?" She smiled and nodded. Taehyung followed suit as he eyed the empty seat in front of you. Your phone buzzed and you grabbed it. "I'll see you guys later?"

"Have fun on your date," Tae said with a smile, his deep voice cutting in.

"Thanks-- you too."

They left and you checked your phone. Not him. Just Hoseok.

is it going well?

everything okay?

You smiled as you opened it up, He was so sweet.

all good!

he isn't here yet

let me know if it goes well :)

You turned your phone off and sat back, waiting for a little longer as you stared at the menu. But he still didn't show up. You even caved and texted him again. No response.

By the time Taehyung and his girlfriend were done eating their meal and were about to order dessert, you had tears in your eyes. And Tae could see them, all the way from where he was sitting.

He frowned as he watched you wipe at your cheeks, using your napkin to dab. He stood and tg/f looked up, a frown on her face. "Baby? Where you going?"

"Hm-- y/n's just--"

He stopped though as the same waitress approached you. She whispered something in your ear and you laughed that fake little laugh he could always recognize. She'd handed you a dinner-- probably a pity dinner for being stood up.

You left her a tip and he frowned, just about to make his way over when the bells of the door chimed. You both turned to it and he watched your face lift a little, even though a few tears fell.

"Hobi." 

Tae paused and watched as you greeted the guy who'd walked in with a hug. He took your bag of food from you and Tae watched before slowly sliding down in his seat.

You left with Hoseok, a small smile on your face as he wrapped an arm around you. Tae watched you leave. He had an uneasy feeling in his stomach as you left without a word to him.

"Damn, she got stood up," t/gf sighed, shaking her head, licking ice cream off of her spoon.

"Yeah," Tae sighed, slightly distracted as he watched the window to see Hoseok opening his car door for you.

"You'd never stand me up, would you?" She giggled and tapped his nose from across the table. He gave her a small smile, distracted.

"Never."

-

"She's drooling on you, dude."

"Hm?" 

Jimin pointed. "She's drooling on you."

Tae turned his head slightly to find you, indeed, drooling on his sweatshirt. He tilted his neck to look down at you, eyes closed and breathing gently. But yes, your open mouth emitted soft breaths and a bit of drool.

"It's okay," he whispered. "I can wipe it."

"You want a tissue?" Tae nodded and Jimin stood to get up. In doing so, his knee hit his desk, jerking everything on it. He turned and you blinked yourself awake. Tae turned down to you.

"Hm?" 

He smiled, pushing some hair out of your face."You okay?" he asked. You sat up, your hair getting everywhere as you looked down yawning. You pushed your hair back again and he smiled pointing to your mouth.

You glanced down at his sweatshirt and groaned a little, turning to wipe away the drool on the side of your lips. "That's so embarrassing, Tae."

"It's okay-- I don't care." He smiled and you let out a sigh. "Does your stomach still hurt?"

"Yeah." You let your head drop. "Is class over?"

"Almost." He cleared up his things and you rubbed at your eyes. "You wanna go to the bathroom before lunch?"

"Yeah."

You looked around before standing. Before you could go, Tae was tugging you back by the shirt. You frowned. "Y/N," he whispered, with wide eyes.

"What happened?"

"You're-- uh--" He gulped. You frowned. "I think something happened."

"What happened?" You looked around; everyone was working. "Was I snoring? Are you kidding m--'

"No, no." He pointed to your seat. You stood and began to turn but he grabbed your wrist, not letting you. "You-- I think you had an accide--"

"Holy shit."

You stared at the stain on your chair and your eyes watered. Tae stood, knocking over his water bottle. He caught it midair, placing it down without looking as he grabbed your shoulders, pulling your back to his front, covering what had happened to your jeans.

"I'm gonna cry, Tae. This is--"

"It's okay, are you okay? Did you-- has this happened before?"

"N--no." You shut your eyes and tears streamed down your cheeks. Tae sighed, looking around, glad everyone was busy doing their work. "I wanna go home, Tae."

"I know, I know." He hugged you gently and you almost cried harder.

"What's going on?" Jimin raised his eyebrows and you shook your head. "Dude, are you crying?" You turned and cried into Tae's chest. Jimin's eyes dropped down and widened. He stepped behind you. 

"What's going on over there?" Your teacher frowned at the sight. Jimin held a thumbs up.

"It's a TaehyungJimin sandwich, Miss." The class laughed. "Y/N's the-- I don't know. Nutella."

You laughed a little, sniffling. Tae helped you wipe your tears and the teacher came by. Jimin did his best to explain and she gave you a sympathetic smile. Sitting you down, she left to end class as the bell rang.

Jimin left to get you a change of gym clothes from your locker and Tae sat down next to you again as the class filed out for lunch. "You okay?"

"Ye-yeah."

"Don't be embarrassed, okay?" he asked softly, tapping your knee. You looked up at him. "It's normal, right? It's supposed to happen I think."

You giggled a little, wiping at your eyes. "Ye-yeah, it's normal." He gave you a smile as Jimin ran back into the room. Your teacher thanked the boys and asked them to take you to the washroom once she'd handed you a little baggie. You were so embarrassed, shoving it into your backpack as Jimin and Taehyung watched.

They walked you to the bathroom in silence, standing in front of and behind you like idiots. When you returned from the bathroom, changed and clean, they gave you a thumbs up. "What?"

"Nothing-- you did it." You rolled your eyes and fixed the straps of your backpack.

"If either of you ever mentions this again, I'll cut your dicks off." Their eyes widened as you kissed each of their cheeks. "But I love you guys."

Jimin laughed, wrapping an arm around your neck, squeezing and pulling you close. Taehyung swallowed, reddening as he attempted to keep up with you guys.

"We love you too, y/n."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 5.9K 18
"Namjoon, I get that you don't feel anything towards me and I respect that, I truly do. But that doesn't stop me from feeling something for you. I kn...
1.8K 108 31
COMPLETE ✔️ ~"Hey when I'm talking you look at me!" Jungkook says while grabbing my face forcing me to look at him.~ ~"Yes, but I'm yours now and we...
170K 7.1K 41
"oh my! he thought you were my boyfriend." you exclaimed in a serious tone before breaking out into pits of laughter. but no matter your reaction, T...
28.6K 1.1K 63
Feelings between two people always start to grow. It's a natural phenomenon. You can't stop it. There will be things standing in their way. All they...