Coldness.

By TeaviAckerman

Switching regiments seemed like a great idea at first, but your new Captain is unnaturally cold towards you... More

Prologue
Getting to know the new recruit.
The first interaction.
Messing with the Captain.
Eavesdropping.
The Beast Titan.
The anniversary.
The alleyway
Hangover.
Downpour.
Tea shop.
Captains office.
The date.
Training tease.
The mystery man.
Prisoner.
Closer.
Reunion.
Indecipherable.
Smile.
The word.
Gone.
A choice with regrets.
Over.
Down.
Clean.
Ripper.
Ackermans.
Dream.

The tavern

744 18 71
By TeaviAckerman

Ever since that night, you had ignored Levi completely. Not that he ever spoke to you first, but you didn't bother paying attention to his treatment of you. You wanted to get over these feelings you had for him, and avoiding him as much as possible was the best way you could think of.

A few times during training, cleaning or meal times, you glanced in his direction and could swear he was just looking away from you, but you didn't think much into it.

You had been on a few expeditions now, and you felt you were really getting the hang of it.

Titans were just as terrifying as you remembered, but you pushed through the fear and took them down with ease. There was no more sightings of the beast titan. 

Of course there were many losses during these missions, but none of them were anyone you really knew. You felt incredibly callous for feeling this way, but you were glad it was them instead of your friends.

Connie and Jean came up with a plan for you and the rest of the Levi squad to sneak out to a tavern, without Levi of course. This was a free week so it would not interfere with any duties, but you still doubted the Captain would be happy to allow you all a night out on the town.

You got ready for this night out, and decided to doll up completely. You wore your hair in loose curls, spent a lot of time doing your makeup to the highest standard and dressed yourself in a black dress that tightly hugs your body. As you looked in the mirror, you barely recognized yourself. 

For the first time in your life you genuinely felt attractive. You felt pretty... hot, and maybe even beautiful. You left your room with a newfound sense of confidence and strutted through the halls while still being careful to not make any noise.

You joined the others and were met with wolf whistles and compliments. You felt a slap on your ass and turned to find Hange stood behind you with a cheeky grin.

"Damn Y/N, I told you you were hot!!"

You laughed in response, surprised Hange was joining this outing but didn't question it.

You all continued to the tavern, and arrived in about 15 minutes.

The tavern was quiet. The bar, tables walls and floors consisted solely of dull wooden planks, on each table was a small red table cloth, and each window had dusty red curtains hanging from each side. The air was musty with the smell of cigarette smoke and damp, and cobwebs covered every upper corner. 

The tables were half empty, consisting mostly of middle aged men and MP's you didn't recognize, and the elderly man behind the bar looked as if he hated his job.

The entire atmosphere of this place was completely drab, and many leering eyes turned on you, almost visually eating you alive. Your confidence was soon replaced by a feeling of discomfort. These men were very clearly undressing you with their eyes and you felt exposed, as if they had stripped you bare for real.

This made you feel a bit less hopeful about your evening, but many of the others in your group seemed far too excited to notice how dirty and boring this tavern seemed.

You all made your way to a large rectangular table in the middle of the tavern, and all of you were accounted for except Jean and Connie. A few minutes later, they appeared with two trays full of shots and mischievous grins spread across their faces.

"Alright drink up" Connie practically sang, Jean sniggering beside him as they both picked up a shot, clinked their small glasses together and downed the contents.

Everyone cheersed and took a shot, You gagged at the burning in your throat and heat pooling in your stomach.

"Ugh what IS that?" You examined the empty glass.

"Beats me. I just told the old chap to make it strong" Connie answered, lifting another glass to his lips.

You all repeated this twice and not too long after, you were feeling tipsy. The entire vibe of the tavern seemed to magically transform, it was now warm, cosy and fun.

You had an unwavering grin plastered onto your face, the torches on the wall coloured everything orange and made you feel warm and fuzzy. Everything just seemed so much brighter. You forgot about all of the creepy men and started having a great time.

More rounds of shots followed until the edges of your vision were blurred, and people were stumbling over their words. Connie was swaying and almost drooling at this point, and Jean was attempting to flirt with Mikasa.

Sasha was bouncing at the bar asking if the barkeep had any meat while Hange tried to talk her down, but soon Hange joined bouncing with enthusiasm at the thought of a platter of wild boar meat.

Some more beverages arrived at the table and everyone seated to drink up. Between conversation, you heard someone humming a tune and looked around to find Sasha, swaying in her seat, eyes closed and a smile on her face as she continued humming this unknown song. She began to sing the words as she arose from her seat and began to climb up onto the table much to everyone's surprise. 

Jean was trying to discourage her to no avail, while Connie sat there laughing, a proud look on his face.

A few moments later Connie joined her, He clearly knew this song too, and his good mood was infectious. Soon after Jean and Hange were stood up on the table and they were now all dancing arm in arm and belting the song word for word loudly. You didn't recognize this song, but you found yourself cheerily humming along in your seat.

Before long, Hange bent down with a hand out to pull you up onto the table and you shook your head profusely. You were not one to want to be the center of attention like that, and you never really danced in front of others before.

The others quickly noticed your apprehension and soon began to chant "Y/N! Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!" in unison. A broad smile broke your face as you gave in. How could you deny your wonderful new friends? You took Hange's hand and began to climb up, You stumbled a little, Sasha and Hange quickly steadied you. Once you were certain you had regained your balance, everyone continued their singing and dancing, you began to join in, catching on to the lyrics.

All the other bar patrons were sat at their tables watching you all, laughing and pointing, But not in the judgmental way. Mikasa, Armin and Eren stayed in their seats, swaying, singing along and waving their arms in the air. 

Soon enough every single person in that bar was clapping and singing along. Your group had completely transformed this dull tavern into a wonderful party. This, your new look and the alcohol gave you even more confidence, and you started to dance properly. No longer bothered by the leery looks you had been receiving, you swayed your hips, dropped low and wiggled your body in a seductive manner. Jean had abandoned his staring at Mikasa to gawp at you red faced and slack jawed, Hange and Sasha were cheering you on, and all eyes were completely glued to you. Normally this would make you uncomfortable, but you were having far too much fun to care.

Suddenly a loud bang echoed around the bar, silencing you all as the door to the tavern burst open and slammed against the wall, and there stood Commander Erwin and Captain Levi.

 Everyone was too drunk to realize the seriousness of the situation and continued to sing and dance.

"GUYS COME JOIN US!!" Hange yelled and waved them over.

Erwin walked towards your table followed by Levi. They both stood giving Hange a reprimanding look.

"What? We're just having fun." Hange whined at them

"You should know better Hange, many of these scouts are underage." Erwin boomed.

"If they're old enough to die they're old enough to drink!" Hange joked.

"That is nonsense and you know it."

"C'mon brows! They put their lives on the line, they could be gone any day now, they at least deserve to let loose once in a while. We're not hurting anybody!"

"You are hurting the reputation of the Scouts."

"Nobody would of known we are Scouts if you hadn't barged in here."

You were only half listening as Hange and Erwin continued arguing back and fourth. You continued dancing as you noticed Levi watching you wide eyed. In your drunken state, you abandoned all plans to get over Levi. You continued to wiggle, The look he was giving you just added fuel to your fire, and you continued in hopes to provoke him somehow. You gave him a seductive look and then you noticed a presence behind you and hands on your hips. You looked behind you to see that Jean was dancing with you. He was way too young for you, and you would never usually dance with him. But you just saw this as dancing with a friend, nothing more. 

You turned to face him and placed your hands on his shoulders as you both started to sway from side to side and sing together.

A hand appeared seemingly out of nowhere and grabbed Jeans arm, and the next thing you saw was Jean crumpled up on the ground with Captain Levi stood over him. Levi looked absolutely furious.

Everybody stopped to observe, Jean looked like he was just about to piss his pants when Levi grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and began to drag him outside.

"Everyone back to HQ now!" He demanded as he made his way through the door.

His tone was too serious to ignore, so everyone quickly followed Levi outside in an orderly fashion. Commander Erwin held the door open and followed behind you all.

After delivering a hard Jeans stomach, Levi heaved him over his shoulder without breaking a sweat, and threw Jean up onto his horse.

Damn he's strong.

Levi climbed up onto his horse behind Jean and hastily took off back towards HQ.

The rest of you began to make your way back, Still tipsy but now feeling on edge. Nobody spoke and a sense of dread cloaked the atmosphere of the group. You all knew you would be in deep shit when you arrived back.

"Well, here goes. Good luck in there you guys" Hange spoke up and patted you all on the back as you all crowded around the doorway. The door looked even taller now, it was daunting, threatening. You all dreaded what awaited you on the other side.

Commander Erwin creaked the door open and ushered you all inside silently. Every single one of you walked in with your heads hung down in shame.

Levi was stood inside waiting for you all, eyes sharp and arms folded across his chest.

"Well, I hope tonight was worth it." He began

"You do realize you're all underage right?"

"Well. Hange and Y/N aren't" Connie hiccupped, Sasha bought a fist to his upper arm in attempt to shut him up.

Levi's eyes darted to Connie, but then his face relaxed a little "You're right. They are dismissed" 

"Sir, Where is Jean?" Eren spoke.

"He will be sleeping in the stables for the foreseeable future. It's the least he deserves after his behavior tonight." Levi replied

"HA! That isn't a punishment to our Jean-boy, Captain. No place like home right?" Eren chuckled.

"Enough."

"Yeah! He probably loves being with his own kind. This is a reward for him!" Connie wheezed with laughter.

"I. Said. Enough." Levi boomed as he glared at the two boys. They both stopped laughing and looked down at their boots.

"Hange, Y/N, I said you were dismissed, The rest of you are to clean my office tomorrow. Any more protests and you will be joining Jean for the night." Levi continued.

You daren't speak a word, but you wondered why they all seemed to have lesser punishment than Jean. Had Levi singled him out just because you had danced together? Or did you only consider that possibility because you hoped that was the reason.

That night you stared out your window at the night sky, Thinking about Levi. You were still kind of tipsy, but you couldn't help but feel your stomach flip when you thought about all the times you had caught him looking at you. You thought about him saying your name out loud, The way he was watching you dance and the rage he directed at Jean. It seemed like he was... Jealous?

To everybody else, Levi was the intimidating, no-bullshit Captain, and you had seen that side of him plenty of times. However, to you, he was clumsy, awkward and perhaps even a little bit shy.

 Your attraction to him was growing by the day and despite your efforts to get over it, you wanted him to like you. You wanted to think about you the same way you've been thinking about him, but the way he treated you seemed to prove otherwise. You were nothing to him, and it hurt.

Deep down you didn't believe for a second that Levi even liked you as a friend, But you were allowed to fantasize right?

You let out a deep sigh as you climbed into bed, and fell asleep still thinking about him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 532 60
Growing up together in the Underground, Anya and Levi had been together ever since they could remember. Fate tore them apart, and kept them apart, ag...
21.1K 512 65
You're a new recruit in the Survey Corp with a mission that extends beyond "the sake of humanity". Joining with two childhood friends, you're able to...
12.5K 220 63
(This fanfiction is being rewritten on a separate fic because of bad writing and story.) I'm a girl who just wanted revenge, with a secret past. He's...
76 5 6
Born in the deep depths of the underground, you have no one to rely on for most of your youth after your parents' sudden disappearance. Unsure whethe...