The Blind Meister (Soul Eater...

By GrimstoneRX1300

At the Death Weapon Mister Academy, students are trained by the Grim Reaper himself to hunt the Keishen that... More

Basic Info
Prologue: THE SPECIAL TWO - THE ACADEMY GETS NEW STUDENTS?
Chapter 1: FIRST DAY - COLE GETS IN A FIGHT?
Chapter 2 BLACK-BLOODED TERROR - THERE'S A WEAPON INSIDE CRONA?
Chapter 3: TSUBAKI THE CAMELLIA BLOSSOM - WHAT REAL HURT FEELS LIKE?
Chapter 4: THE MAN WITH THE MAGIC EYE - SOUL AND MAKA'S DIVERGING WAVELENGTH?
Chapter 5: THE SUPER WRITTEN EXAM - DUAL RIVALS FOR THE MEISTERS?
Chapter 6: THE SOUL EATING DRAGON - THE HELL INSIDE MY HEAD?
Chapter 7: HISTORY IN THE SOUL - A DIFFERENT WAY TO SEE?
Chapter 8: EVE PARTY NIGHTMARE - AND SO THE CURTAIN RAISES?
Chapter 9: THE UNDERGROUND BATTLE BEGINS - THE ONE WHO TOOK MY SIGHT?
Chapter 10: ASURA'S RETURN - THERE'S A POWER IN THY SOUL?
Chapter 11: BATTLE OF THE GODS - DEATH CITY ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSE?
Chapter 12: THE GATHERING OF THE DEATH SCYTHES - THE REASON COLE LOST HIS SIGHT?
Chapter 13: 800 YEARS OF BLOODLUST - ADVENT OF THE HERETIC WITCH?
Chapter 14: THE SWORD GOD RISES - JASON GAINS POWER?
Chapter 15: THE RED HOT RUNAWAY - A MAGIC TOOL LEFT BEHIND BY THE GREAT WIZARD?
Chapter 16: LEGEND OF THE HOLY SWORD - A BLIND DATE AT LAST?
Chapter 17: THE BATTLE FOR BREW - CLASH BETWEEN ENEMIES?
Chapter 19: INTERNAL INVESTIGATION - A GOD BECOMES DEMON?
Chapter 20: CAPTAIN'S RETURN - THE FACTORY MADE TO LOOK LIKE A CLOWN?
Chapter 21: SECRET'S OUT - KIM'S A WITCH?
Chapter 22: CAPTURE OF BABA YAGA CASTLE - TEAMING UP WITH THE WOLF MAN?
Chapter 23: DEATH OF ARACHNE - A NEW ENEMY OF THE DWMA?
Chapter 24: ADVANCED SKILLS - A PLAN TO RESCUE THE BOYS?
Chapter 25: THE SEVEN DEADLY CHAPTERS - EXPERIENCE SINS TO SAVE FRIENDS?
Chapter 26: COLE VS TSUBAKI - EMBRACING CHAOS TO BREAK MADNESS?
Chapter 27: BEACH DAY - A BIT LATE FOR THE EVENT?
Chapter 28: WAR ON THE MOON Part 1 - THE TRUTH ABOUT MORIA?
Chapter 29: WAR ON THE MOON Part 2 - A SECOND NEPHILIM IS BORN?
Chapter 30: WAR ON THE MOON Part 3 - THE FINAL SHOWDOWN? (Finale)
Epilogue: A NEW ORDER

Chapter 18: BREW'S TEMPEST - A FIGHT AND ESCAPE IN TEN MINUTES?

185 4 0
By GrimstoneRX1300

Picking up where we left off, the scene shows Eibon appearing and the others confused with this.

Kid: (still in shock) so this... is Eibon...

Maka: you know who that is, Kid?

Kid: (remembers he hasn't told them about the discovery from the train) er... no, not really.

Cole: not to rush anyone, but we have less then ten minutes before we have to skedaddle.

Blackstar: he's right. We ain't got time to be shootin' the breeze.

After Eibon walked away, Blackstar runs in to get the box.

Blackstar: now gimme that thing, old man!! (Starts slashing Mosquito's arms) I dunno what the hell it's for, but like every other demon tool, it belongs to the great Blackstar! That's right!! That thing is mine!!

Kid: wait, Blackstar! What about Eibon?

Blackstar: (still slashing) whaddaya mean, Kid?! Ya stupid!!? We only got ten minutes left!! That's only ten minutes to show how awesome I am!!

Ann: for once, Blackstar's right. There's not enough time to follow that illusion and get Brew.

Soul: getting that demon tool takes priority in this case. Let's go!

Maka: yeah!!

They go off, but Kid still remains in place and looks over as Eibon was leaving. Cole then gets his attention by placing a hand on his shoulder.

Cole: I know you want answers, but you can't get them here. Wait for another time and focus on the battle now.

Kid: (reluctantly) all right, fine! (Points guns at Mosquito) but I don't know who the hell he thinks he is, talking to me like that! (Begins firing) look at how unbalanced you are, you old geezer!! You disgust me!!

All go in and deliver a bunch of attacks, and at first, it looks like they could win. However, as the dust clears, there wasn't a single scratch on him.

Mosquito: fu fu fu. I realize you're just kids, but is this really all the five of you have for me? I told you this is what I looked like one hundred years ago. But why I didn't mention... IS THAT THIS IS WHEN I WAS TOUGHEST!!

Soul: that's not good.

Maka: what should we do? We won't be able to beat him unless we use Resonance Link.

Resonance Link was a new technique they learned after Stein helped them form teams. During this, two or three people can synchronize their wavelength and perform more then one resonance at once.

Soul: except you and Ann are the only once who can sense the others' wavelengths with your soul perception. (Thoughts) and because of Maka, I can sense them, too.

From behind Soul, the same red demon from before was looking down on him as he was at the entrance of a door.

Demon: and you know how to get everyone else to feel them, too! Don't you? Evans?

Soul: stop calling me by my last name. (Mutters) little shit.

Demon: well, then!! Come to the black room! Everything's ready for your concert!

Soul doesn't listen, and focuses on the fight going on. For most of the fight, the team were the ones dealing most of the damage, but it wasn't effective. Ann and Cole's attacks were stronger, but they weren't enough to put the guy down long enough to get Brew. When the time limit was getting close to five minutes remaining, the one stars were knocked down to the ground, and the two stars were still standing, but running out of energy.

Ann: this guy's not going down easily.

Cole: not to mention we're running out of time.

Soul: everyone, listen to me!

Team: ?

Soul: I'm gonna transmit the team's wavelengths through sound.

Maka: through sound? What does that mean? You can do that, Soul?

Soul: yeah. At some point while we were practicing dual arts in retaliation class, I realized I could. It's because everyone's wavelengths come to me through you, Maka. Yet another by-product of your incredible soul perception ability.

Tsubaki: but how will you transmit them to us?

Soul: I'll play the piano in my soul. And the sound will be transmitted directly into your souls.

Everyone was shocked by this, but soon began laughing.

Soul: what? What's so funny?

Maka: you know... We've been racking our brains for a while on trying to figure out how to get you to play piano for us even though you don't want to.

Ann: yeah. Maka told me about that in her letters, so I've been curious about it since.

Blackstar: but don't let it go to your head, bro.

Kid: and it's a shame we won't be able to listen to our hearts' content. Because we only have five minutes left in the magnetic field.

Tsubaki: so, please play for us, Soul

Cole: give us a marvelous show!

Liz: we've been looking forward to this!

Patty: yeah!

In his mind, Soul enters the room his demon was talking about. He changed as he was now in the same suit he wore on the night of the dance.

Demon: how's it feel?

Soul: (smiles and straightens his lapel) it's a good crowd tonight. But I don't know about this room, though.

A spotlight appears, and a piano was in place.

Demon: don't worry... I took the liberty of tunning it.

Soul: is that so.

He approaches it, and sits in the seat. The demon still had his grin and his fingers in his mouth as he was anxious for Soul to play.

Demon: play. Play, Soul... You can't go your whole life looking at the world through jaded eyes.

Mosquito charges in to attack.

Demon: so you want to live "cool"? Don't make me laugh. I'm not buying your bullshit. You very blood boils with passion, doesn't it? So play. The piano is right here. Stop acting so detached. Looking at the world like you're not a part of it. Who do you think you are, you arrogant fool? Your soul is rotting out under you. Just take a look. Your soul is not moving. You'll never get anywhere that way. Haven't you had enough of not living? Enjoy your life. Go on. Looking at the world through those sarcastic eyes, like you're so much better than everyone. But it doesn't make you happy. It doesn't bring you joy. I think what it brings you is sadness. Your soul is crying you know. Now play... play! Try diving into the deep end for a change. That's right!! Play!! Now is the time!! Do it!! Play!! PLAY!!!

He finally gives in, and with a twisted grin, Soul plays the piano. As soon as he touches the keys, black electricity sparks all around him. With the team, all of them felt the sudden surge of power, and before Mosquito could strike them, all dodged, and began hitting him at a rapid pace with their attacks.

Cole's Thoughts: this power's insane! I haven't felt like this since I first transformed into Thanatos.

Mosquito: I don't believe it! I can't even keep up with them! (Regains composure) but their pathetic attacks are no threat to me. One hundred years ago is the time when I was toughest!

Soul: now, Blackstar.

Blackstar: Tsubaki!! Soul Resonance!

With the Enchanted Sword, Blackstar readies his technique and fires his shadow at Mosquito, restraining him.

Blackstar: SHADOW STAR! PULL AND SLASH!

With all this strength, Blackstar forces Mosquito to him, and delivers a powerful slash that almost completely slices his arms off.

Blackstar: (panting) cancel the form.

Tsubaki: on it!

She changes to normal ninja sword and Ann charges Harvester to her resonance attack.

Ann: APOCALYPTIC REAPER!!

Swinging the scythe, she completely slices the hands off, causing the man to stagger.

Mosquito: (in pain) you... little punks...

Soul: Cole, Tsubaki, go all out!

Both: right!

Tsubaki changes back to her Enchanted Sword mode, but shoots straight into Cole's chest. A strong aura builds off them, and transforms into Thanatos. At the same time, Kid readies his attack and the two would fire an attack at the same time.

Liz: resonance rate stable...noise 2.4%

Patty: black needles wavelength fully charged.

Liz: preparing to fire. Feedback in 5 seconds.

Patty: 4

Liz: 3

Patty: 2

Liz: 1

Kid: DEATH CANNON!!

Thanatos: JUDGMENT CUT!!

The two fire a powerful blast that damaged Mosquito, and for a brief moment, cut through reality.

Maka: wow! Their powers are on a whole-nother level from us.

When the smoke clears, he's badly damaged and force to hold himself up with his nose and scrawny legs.

Mosquito: gnuh... My arms... I can't keep my balance...

Kid: all right, his guard's down. Let's go grab the demon tool from his hat.

Maka: he can barely move anymore. This should be a piece of cake.

But before she could try a resonance, Soul suddenly stops playing.

Soul: no... That's the end of it.

Everyone: !!

Soul: (closes piano) time's up.

Demon: (mad) Soul, you little... What the hell do you think you're doing?!

Maka: but why, Soul!!? We've still got a minute left! And look at the state he's in!! It'll just take a second!

Mosquito: heh-heh-heh... seems you have at least one clear-headed person among you.

Soul: don't you remember? At the beginning of the fight, the old geezer said, "Let's go four hundred years... no, one hundred years should be plenty." That means he's still got more transformations on him.

Kid: that's right... That old man made himself younger by a hundred years. That's how he was able to stay inside the field for another ten minutes.

Mosquito: so you finally wised up, did you? You kids never stood a chance of defeating—

He's interrupted by Thanatos grabbing him and pulling him into the sky.

Thanatos: this time, stay dead, Pinocchio!

With enough force, he rips his head off the body, and throws it away like a baseball getting knocked out of the park. Before setting down, he reverts back to Cole, and Tsubaki returns to her normal sword mode.

Maka: no, he got away!

Blackstar: Cole, you idiot! Why didn't you grab the tool!?

Cole: (staggers a bit and hands Blackstar his weapon back) I don't know... I was more aware that time, but little control over my actions. Thanatos didn't care about the tool, just wanted him gone.

Ann: (sighs) well, either way, the mission is lost. We have to go, now!

All five hurry back the way they came, and ran into Ox and Kilik who came in after them to help. Before exiting, they witnessed the final moments of the trapped timescape and saw the whole pyramid destroyed. They soon got out and found the adults waiting for them.

Genji: are you all alright? What happened in there?

Kid: we're really sorry... We let the demon tool slip through our fingers.

Marie: (shocked then angered) for disobeying orders...!

She raises a hand, and the students couldn't help but close their eyes in fear that they would be hit. Instead, she pulls them all in a tearful hug.

Maka: Miss. Marie...

Marie: (teary eyed) don't think this is over. The minute we get back to school, you're all getting called up. So prepare yourselves.

Blackstar: (choking) why only strangle me?

Marie: (lets go and smiles a bit) I'm just glad you kids are okay.

Angela: agreed.

???: hey!!! Everyone back safe?

Turing around, they see the rest of their teams heading to them.

Marie: Sid! Naigus! Justin!

Sid: you kids gave us one helluva scare.

Justin: it's fortunate we happened to find you. But unfortunately, a key enemy player got away from us.

Sid: the mission this time was to seize Brew. We didn't come here to settle scores. Speaking of which, where is Brew?

Hanzo: Arachnophobia got the advantage of us and escaped with it. The mission is lost.

Sid: (after a moment) that's unfortunate. But, we live to fight another day. (Walks over to Stein) Stein, can you stand? Here, get on my back. I'll carry you.

Stein: (weakly) th...thanks...

Sid hoists Stein on his back, and then pulls out a mirror.

Sid: Maka. (Tosses it to her and she catches it) soon as we get off the island, use that mirror to give Lord Death a full report. You can do that for me, right?

Maka: yes, sir!

Everyone made it back to the boats and Maka gave Lord Death the news. With the loss of Brew, they knew the worst had yet to come. Little did they knew, was exactly how much worse it could get.

Author's note: we've reached the end of the anime!
I just started on the manga, and already, I can see the difference between the two. I know that I haven't been updating much in this, but I'm not abandoning this idea in anyway or form.
No idea what's to come in the future, but at this point, all the future chapters will be going based off the manga. That being said, it'll be much longer as I still have a lot of reading to get to.
Anyways, thank you for reading, and I'll see you next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386 0 41
Welcome back! Follow the story of Siena Prati and Matteo Ferranti, a weapon and meister duo sent to assist the new temporary Headmaster of the DWMA...
145 6 14
Grim the Reaper is a notorious mass murderer in Japan who has been suspected of killing over a dozen people in the span of 4 years and successfully e...
34.4K 1K 34
Luna, a meister, and her twin weapons, Drake and Drew travel to Death City at the request of Lord Death himself. Not bothering to get to know anyone...
31.7K 770 22
My first time writing a Soul Eater (or any fanfic.) story so please be kind to me. :) You're a meisterless sythe weapon who finally decided to go...