My Best Friend the Rockstar (...

sbergeron16 által

He's been my best friend for years, but that spark has always been there. We tried dating once before while I... Több

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Author Note - Final
Book 2 in Steel Wolf
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 1-3)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 4 - 6)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 7 - 11)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 12 - 15)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 16 - 18 )
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 19 - 22)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 23-24)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 25-28)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 29-32)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 33-36)
Dimitri POV (Chapter 37-41)
Dimitri POV Chapter 42-45
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 46 - 49)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 50 - 53)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 54 - 57)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 58 - 62)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 63 - 66)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 70 - 72)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 73 - 74)

Dimitri's POV (Chapters 67 - 69)

909 22 1
sbergeron16 által

The sunlight tickles my eyes awake and I groan in annoyance. I try to snuggle back into the blankest, but the sunlight is an annoying bitch. In frustration I sit up and look to where Skylar was peacefully sleeping. The dark circles under her eyes were fading. Last night she never once got up to fun to the bathroom. Maybe we were making some headway with all of this.

I run my finger over her hair brushing the hair out of her face and bend down to kiss her. She mumbles, but never wakes up. My stomach grumbles informing me it was in need up substance. So much for going back to bed, but I could make the angel in my bed some breakfast as a surprise.

With thoughts of surprising her drifting in my head I carefully left the bed pausing to make sure the curtains were fully close. No need for the sun rays to awaken her when she was finally getting the sleep she so desperately needed.

Not bothering with a shirt I stumble down the stairs still not fully awake. We didn't get home to till last night and now I'm up way earlier than I wanted to be. Opening the fridge, the light stuns me for a minute causing me to forget what I was doing. Right breakfast. I remind myself grabbing some cream, eggs, cheese, ham and some vegetables. Omelets it is.

I set the ingredients on the counter and flip on the switch. Light floods the kitchen blinding me. You would think by how I was acting I was hung over, but I wasn't. I get to work creating my next masterpiece.

The shrilling of the fire alarm has me cursing up a storm. Quickly I throw up the windows and set up the fan hoping to get some of the smoke. How the hell did I manage to burn the omelets? I haven't burnt any food to the point the smoke detector were activate since high school.

I grab my phone calling the landlord to let him know the alarm was false and I had everything under control. Of course he had to make fun of me. I paced the room running my hands through my hair pissed at myself for ruining breakfast.

A loud laugh draws be from my frustrated state. I turn towards the sounds and discover Skylar is leaning against the entrance way laughing at. She sends me an innocent expression when she catches me glaring at her. Not buying what she's selling for a minute I set my phone down and stalk her. She slowly backs up begging me to leave her alone. When I continue on my path she turns and runs up the stairs. The chase is on.

I follow her up the stairs catching her around the waist right as she reached the bedroom door. Skylar squrims in my arms so I pressed her against my chest in an attempt to get her to stop. Somehow I manage to open the door and stride into the room. I toss her one to the bed and she bounces a couple of time before I join her only to loom above her.

"So you think me burning breakfast is funny," I ask her faking anger. She continues to laugh at me realizing I was only picking on her. Since she can't talk she nods her head. "You must be feeling better if you think you can get away with laughing at me." I then decide a fitting punishment would be to tickle her.

Once I'm satisfied my pride had been avenged I remove my weight and lay on the side of her. Skylar takes a few deep breaths to get herself back under control.

"You're such a bully," she tells me.

I position myself so I'm lying on my side and use my arms to prop my head up. "I'm not the bully. You are," I explain while she shakes her head no. I go to tickle her again, but she begs me not to. "I've missed your laughter and these small moments," I confess kissing the top of her head. She rests her head on my chest.

"Me too," she tells me kissing my chest and earning a groan from me. Her actions force me to leave the bed or else I might press her for more.

"Behave baby," I warn her. "It has been too long since I've been inside of you and any little thins sets me off." She than glances at my crotch and he awakens more than he already is. "Just like that," I groan placing a hand in front of him. "Stop staring at it," I snap when she keeps her eyes trained to him.

I step away from her and head towards the bath room removing my clothes along the way. Maybe my naked body will tease her like how she's been teasing me.

"I'm getting real tired of cold showers," I mutter walking through the door.

I enter the bathroom and without wait for the water to warm I go directly into the shower. Without even trying that women can torture me with only one look. I glance down at my full awaken dick even the cold water won't encourage him to shrink. Only one way to deal with this. I start to stroke myself in the shower increasing my stroke speed till I'm ejaculating all over the shower wall.

Quickly I finish my shower wanting to get back to Skylar now that I have more control of myself. When I exit in only a towel Skylar is laying on the bed still. The second she notices me she is making a dash to the bathroom. I listen for a second to make sure she isn't throwing up. only when I hear the shower turn on do I get dressed in my stable dark jeans and t-shirt.

I head down stairs with an idea forming on my head. Skylar and I have yet to be on a real date. So I place a call to Aubree for some help. While I'm on the phone with Aubree making plans Skyler comes down. Not wanting her to overhear what I'm doing I head into the other room. Aubree and I wrap up our call and she assures me she will have everything all set.

I reenter the kitchen to find a pouting Skylar. "I'm taking you on a date today," I inform her kissing her nose. I brush a stray hair behind her ear and she leans into my touch. Someone else is missing our physical connection. "This morning I realized I haven't taken you out on a proper date and I want to rectify that." Skylar stomach decides to make its presence known by making out a loud gurgling sound. I chuckle over the sound. "I was going to serve you breakfast in bed, but we saw how that turned out."

"A burnt mess," she states. She closes her eyes and waits, for what I'm not sure. When she slowly opens them I can't resist kissing her. I press my lips against hers and we kiss as thought this will be our last. She leaves me breathless.

I separate our lips and rest my forehead against hers. "I can't even call you a liar because the evidence is in the garbage," I confess. She smiles at me and wrap her arms around me. "Let's get a move on and we can stop for something to eat along the way."

She unlinks are arms from around me and I miss the weight of her arms. "Where are you taking me," she asks while putting on her shoes.

I shake my head. No way I'm I ruining the surprise. "Not telling," I answer her. "I just got off the phone with Aubree and everything is all set." I watch Skylar attempt to sneak a text on her phone, but before she can I snatch her phone from her. "Nice try." I slide the phone into my pocket for safe keeping. She can pout at me all she wants I'm not giving her pack her phone.

"I wasn't doing anything," she lies biting her lip and glancing up at me through her lashes.

I shake my head laughing at her attempts for me to give in to her demands. "Nice try baby," I whisper in her ear. "I wasn't born yesterday. You'll get your phone back when we get to where we are going." She sticks her tongue out at me and my dick starts to stir. "Don't make promises you can't keep right now," I tell her darkly.

I take her hand and lead her to my car before she pushed me even further. We enter the garage and I open the door for her. She slides in and buckles up while I shut the door and make my way to the other side. I slide behind the wheel and reeve the engine while I pull onto the road.

"I was thinking tomorrow as long as you are feeling up to it we could go look at buses," I tell her keeping my eyes locked on the road,

She's silent for a moment and then speaks. "Dimitri shouldn't we wait and see if I'm even going to be able to go on tour with you guys?"

"No," I say firmly. We are going to continue forward with our plans regardless of what is up in the air. "Even if we have to cancel the tour we are still going to need a bus for the next one," I remind her. She goes to argue with my, but I cut her off. "Skylar you aren't going to change my mind. We are going to find a bus for just us because I refuse to share you with the guys any longer."

Silence settles upon us like a heavy blanket. Skylar wants me to act as though she has already been diagnosed and I refuse. Not till the doctors tell me she is truly sick will I believe all of this. For now I will continue to live in the fantasy world all is well and keep looking to the future. Bad things happen all the time and when they do you can't stop living. Right now is our bad moment. We can either remain locked in the condo or keep living. I choose to keep living.

Remembering a Burger King is up ahead I slow the car and pull into the drive threw. A voice comes through the intercom and I place our order. I love going through drive threws and surprising the workers when I pull up.

Skylar and I wait in line like every other person waiting in line. Finally our turn has come to stop at the window. I brace myself for whatever reaction I may receive. At first the kid at the window didn't know I was me he started repeating my order back to me, but when he looked into the car his eyes popped out of his head like a cartoon character. Then the nerves took him over and he dropped my credit card, but at least he did so inside the building.

The kid was moving at a snail paces his manger stopped to see what was going on. Her eyes also jumped out of her head when she saw me. She starts to shout and draw every employee in the places attention to our car. All of them cram themselves in the little window to catch a glance of me.

The cars behind us start to honk their displeasure over all the extra time we are sitting at the window. Unknown to Skylar I pay for the card behind me for the inconvenience my presence is causing. The kid returns my card, I sign a few autographs and we are handed our food. Nothing too crazy. These are the moments I love being a rock star. Today I was able to make some people days a little better by just being me.

I hand Skylar the food and she shuffles through the bag. Laughing she shows me the unexpected add ons, phone numbers. I roll my eyes. "Can't take you anywhere," she retorts still laughing and handing me my burger.

"Guess not," I tell her while eating.

We continue to eat and make some small talk. Finally I reach our destination. I only hope Aubree was able to work her magic on such short notice, but then again this is Aubree we are talking about. I turn off onto a road with a sign saying Cheekwood Botanical Garden. Skylar loves anything outdoors and I've heard this place is a great place to visit.

Her eyes dart around and she takes a tight grip of the door. Right away I piece together her concerns. "Aubree called ahead and they said since they are having a slow afternoon they were more than happy to close the place to the public." At least I hope that was what they told Aubree. I pull into a parking spot and notice the empty lot.

"I'm sure they didn't do this for free," she mumbles.

"Skylar enough. I have the money and I want to spoil you. So let me,' I tell her. She stares into myself. "I want to make you happy," I say softly. Especailly since I don't know how long we have. I keep the last part to myself. "And unfourtunatly this won't be the last time I buy out an entire place so we can spend time together." I take her hand and kiss her fingers. "So baby enjoy the fruits of my labor."

"You win. Let's go," she tells me jumping out of the car.

Slowly I exit the car and glance at my phone. Sure enough there is a text from Aubree simply saying all set. A weight lifts from my shoulder. I no longer have to worry about running into anyone and can enjoy a piece full day with my girl.

The afternoon turns out to be more fun than I thought it would. Then again going anywhere with Skylar would be an adventure. I didn't think looking at flowers would be all the exciting, but the different ways they had the spaces arranged was intriguing. I found myself taking picture of some of the things I would like to have down to our yard, once we found a house.

Aubree also hired for us our own personal tour guide to show us around. Which made asking what the specific flowers were easier. Quietly they told me they would email Aubree a list of the different flowers and the places I could acquire them.

Skylar forced me to stop and take picture after picture. I was starting to feel like I was on a photo shoot and not a date. Each time I refused she would pout and say how she wanted to document our first real date. Who am I to tell her no.

The last part of my surprise was about to be revealed. The sun was about to set when I lead her to the one place I had been avoiding all day, one of the green houses. Through Aubree I had her help in setting up a romantic dinner for two.

Aubree had out done herself. She had the staff place face candles everywhere with a table next to the indoor waterfall. There were orchids everywhere. When Aubree asked me what was Skylar's favorite flower I never imaged they would do something like this.

Skylar pauses at the entrance taking in the sight before her. Aubree really out did herself. I may have passed on my wishes to her, but she turned them all into reality. I stop next to her and she kisses me.

"I take it you're happy with our dinner arrangement," I ask her laughing.

She presses close into my side answering my questions without words. Before I take her to the table we explore the green house. They had placed the candles throughout the entire green house and they were they only light we had. I was so afraid of tripping and making a fool of myself, but the wonder and bright smile on Skylar's face made this all worthwhile.

The candles gave an extra glow to her already beautiful face, which was currently taking my breath away. How did I get so lucky to have her in my life? Too many times I almost lost her. If she has cancer I won't allow the disease to take her. I will fight enough for the two of us.

The last path leads us back to our table. I pull out the seat for her and scoot her in once she sits down. Once she is settles I take my seat across from her and send a text stating we are ready. Placing my phone on the table I stretch my arms across the table and take her hands.

"Skylar you have no idea how much you mean to me and all of this was just one way I wanted to show you how much I love you," I tell her playing with her fingers. This would have been the perfect place to ask her to marry me, but with the uncertainty looming above us I kept that question on lockdown.

A waiter heads towards our table and fills our wine glasses. I don't miss the way his eyes roam over Skylar, but one glare from me has him checking himself. A different waiter brings in our food. Aubree had pre planned the menu with my approval of course. He sets the first plate before Skylar and then me. The lids are removed revealing out dinner of stake, mash potatoes and asparagus. Three of both my and Skylar's favorites.

Skylar digs into her food with gusto and I can't help, but smile over all the happy sounds she's making. When she starts moan I'm forced to adjust myself under the table a few times.

Time to have the talk I've been promising her. "I know I haven't exactly been welcoming in sharing my emotions about everything going on. And I'm sorry for my behavior whenever you bring the topic up." She watches me and sets down her fork. I take the time I need to gather my thought so I don't end up sticking my foot in my mouth.

Retuning my eyes to her I continue when I ready. Worry is evident in my soft tone. "I'm so scared Skylar," I admit for the first time out loud. Making what I'm feeling more real. "We've only found each other recently and to now have this possibility of not growing old together hoovering over our heads kills me." There I've finally told her what I'm really feeling.

"Dimitri," she sighs reaching for my hand. Without a second thought I take her hand in my own and link our fingers. Tears pool behind my eyes and I try to blink the away.

"I keep thinking about how much fucking time I wasted when I could have been with you and now each minute that ticks past could very well be the last." This conversation is becoming harder than I thought it would and I figured it would be hard." I run my hand through my hair.

"We can't go back and change the past," she says carefully. "We can only move forward. Please stop beating yourself up over that. Everything happens for a reason."

By body quivers from worry and sadness. "How can you be so calm? I'm crumbling inside." On the outside I've been trying to give off the impression I was okay, but on the inside I was anything but. I think I was only trying to convince myself I was okay.

She runs a finger of the back of my hand offering comfort. "Baby I'm not that strong," she says trying to convince me. "I thought you were being strong with all of this. You never let on to the thoughts rolling around in that head of yours."

I'm good at covering emotions. Taking years of practice and a zillion heartbreaks to teach me how. I sigh taking my hand from hers and sitting back in the chair. Sadness flashes in her eyes over my movement. "I didn't want to worry you any more than what you already were. The conversation with my Dad opened my eyes to so many different things. I've been lying awake at night with my run away thoughts. Playing out every possible outcome in my head to ready myself for whatever comes our way. I love you Skylar so so much."

"I love you to too. You need to stop with all the what ifs," she advises me. "Or you are going to drive yourself crazy. We will get through this together." The conversion in her voice almost has me convinced what she speaks is true.

"Together," I say with a slight smile and testing the word on my tongue.

The conversation flows away from the heavy shit and we continue to enjoy dinner. We even laugh a few times. Most of the conversation flowed around the future we want to have together. The desire to ask her to marry me almost slips from my mouth a few times. She's it for me. If something was to ever happen to her I would die alone.

Crème brulee is severed for dessert, another favorite of ours. We both stop talking to enjoy the magical ending to our magical day. Not sure how I'm going to top this on out next date night, but I'm sure going to try. After Skylar swirls her tongue around her spoon and making me wish her mouth was wrapped around something else I stand and offer her my hand.

We take our time strolling through the garden and back to our car. Skylar's eyes continue to flicker closed. She is fighting sleep. I quicken my steps wanting to get her back to the car. The second we are back in the car she falls asleep.

While I drive back I reflect upon the conversation we had earlier and I feel better having everything out in the open. We are closer now then we were when we first got here. No both of us understands where the others head is at.

When I pull into the parking spot and put the car in park her eyes flutter open. She stretches her arms straight out in front of her and turns to face me. "Thank you," she says sleepily. "for a wonderful evening. I'll never forget tonight. Sorry for falling asleep on you."

I cup her chin in my hand and gaze at her. "Don't be sorry you haven't been feeling well and we did so a great deal of walking today. I'm glad you had a great time. I did to."

She leans across the middle and kisses me sweetly. We exit out of the car and head up to our condo. For once I have no problem falling asleep.

~*~

Skylar sits at the kitchen island staring at her phone while I make us some biscuits and gravy. She's been blankly watching it for the past five minutes now.

Figuring she needs to encouragement I say, "You know the appointment isn't going to make itself and as scared as we both are we need to know so we can take the next necessary steps."

Skylar says and gives me the side eye, but she dials the number. I can only hear her side of the conversation. From what I can hear they are getting her in sooner rather than later. For which I'm grateful. Not sure how much longer I can deal with this unknown looming over my head. So much is waiting on her test results.

When she mentions getting her blood work done today I nod yes in answer. Going will delay a few things, but this is way more important than anything else we are doing today.

I wait till she is off the phone then set down her breakfast. Skylar leans in a takes a sniff of the food and I smile in pleasure. I enjoy taking care of her and am glad she enjoys my cooking as much as she does.

Breakfast is gone not to long after I finished cooking. Both of us were anxious to get the blood work over and done. The sooner they pulled her blood the sooner the results would be in. Few words exchanged while we are getting ready to head out the door both of us lost in our own thoughts.

Along the way Skylar sends out a series of text. More than likely she is letting the guys in on what we are on our way to do. She gets a slight smile while she is reading some of the messages. I'm glad they guys are able to get her to smile.

I turn the car off when we get to the parking lot, but Skylar places her hand on my arm stopping me. "Don't get mad," she whispers. At her words I freeze waiting for her to explain further. She stares out the front window. "I want you stay in the car."

"No," I tell her firmly reaching for my seatbelt.

She sighs sitting back in her chair and turning to face me. "Dimitri hear me out," she says holding her hands in the air. I nod my head and she continues. "They are only drawing blood nothing more. If you were to come in who knows how many people are in there. Having you with me will only draw more attention that what we want. I want to do all of this discreetly."

What she says makes sense, but I don't have to like it. "When you go for the actual appointment I will be going in with you," I explain leaving no room for negations.

She leans across and kisses my cheek. "I'd have it no other way." She darts out of the car probably afraid I would change my mind if she lingered. Or I would try to convince her to let me go.

I turn the radio on and smile one of our songs fills the car. No matter how long I've been in the music business I always get butterflies when I hear our music on the radio. The act reminds me of how far we have gone since all of this started. From playing in run down bars to sold out crowds at some of the best venues around the United States. We have been talking about going on tour around the world, but those tour take a ton of planning and none of us wanted to put the stress on Aubree.

Maybe once we find out Skylar doesn't have cancer and after the second leg of the tour is over we can approach the label about doing a tour overseas for the next album. Aubree would have Skylar to help he so she wouldn't have to do all the work alone. Plus, Skylar would have one tour under her belt after we finish the second leg.

Skylar returns to the car while I'm lost in thought over all the places we can see together if we were to go on a tour off the United States soil. "All is well," I ask her than feel stupid for asking such a stupid question.

She shrugs her shoulders. "Giving blood today was just like any other time I had to give blood."

I nod my head and start the car. We earn a few glances while I pull out of the parking lot, but with my darkened windows no one could see I was the one behind the wheel. Skylar and I have a laugh when I point out how one of the people staring at the car is wearing a band shirt.

Since the day was only starting and I had the time I drag Skylar to go bus shopping. She was less than thrilled about going. We went from one bus to another discussing our likes and dislikes. As we were checking them out I opted for us to have one custom built. The bus would cost extra not only because I was having one custom built, but also due to the tight window they were charging me more for rush delivery.

The only decision we were able to check off was the make and model of the bus I wanted. As for the innards we were still deciding. The company sent us home with packers of possible designs. I figured on letting Skylar decide. I wasn't all that partial. All I wanted was the largest shower they could install and the largest bed they could fit inside. Also a place for a large screen television. Everything else was up to what Skylar wanted.

The only way I would intervene was if she wanted something pick with frills. All day I closely watched what drew her attention for also ideas on how she would want our house to appear. Once we found one I was going to hire an interior designer to work with Skylar on how she wanted the house. All I would request was one room I could design. I would have my man cave.

When I noticed Skylar was dragging her feet I called quits and ushered her back in the car. The guys had been blowing up my phone all day wanting to go out, but I reminded them Skylar was in no position to go out. I wanted to stay in with her since we had been out all day. They all agreed to come over to my place instead. So we had a quite night of movies and pizza. The whole experience reminded me of when we would do this before we became famous.

A couple of days passed and I could tell my Skylar's demeanor I was driving her nuts with my fixation on the bus situation. At one point she cursed me out and stormed out of the room with packets laying in her wake. I gave her some time to calm down and when I went to check on her I heard her on the phone with Tray. Not wanting to be caught eavesdropping I backed away without her knowing I was there.

The day for the interview and photo shoot finally arrived. I was no longer looking forward to all of this because my worry over how Skylar would handle everything was overshadowing the entire experience. She has been feeling better and better with each day that passed. Her strength was slowly returning as well.

We had sent our finalized plans this morning to the bus company. I was pleased and excited over our designs for our home on the road. Even Skylar had an extra twinkle in her eyes. But this could have been because we were done or she really was excited for what we had created.

I could feel Skylar's frustration towards me while she was in the kitchen waiting on me to finish up after our shower. She wasn't keen on taking one together, but I missed those moments with my girl. Her excuse was we would be late. Mine was they can't start with us and plus they are used to dealing with stars. Even if we were late they wouldn't bat an eye. But like Aubree Skylar hates to be late. The two of them need to relax.

I enter the kitchen and stumble backwards over the heated gaze being sent in my direction. She turns away from me while I pour a to go cup. "Ready to go babe," I call when she hasn't moved from her seat.

She hops down and head in my direction yelling, "coming."

"I wish," I mutter quietly slipping on my shoes, but by her frown she heard me. Laity I've been so sexually frustrated, but I haven't been wanting to push her for more till she's ready. I'm not use to going this long without since we started dating. My hand and dick were becoming well acquainted with one another. And I was growing use to cold showers.

I lead her to my lifted pickup truck wanting to take the monster for a spin. When I offer to help her inside she shakes her head no and assures me she can manage. I shrug my shoulders and we side into our seat at the same time.

"Now since the bus is taken care of maybe we should look into finding a relator," I slide into the conversation.

"Sounds like a plan to me," she tells me shocking me. I thought for sure she might fight me on the idea, but then again she wants a place for her horse.

While we head to the site I throw myself into planning out what we would want in the house. I needed the distraction. For the most part we wanted the same things and what we didn't we were able to compromise on. In the middle of the conversation Skylar pulls out her phone and starts to take notes over what we were discussing.

I pull into the parking lot the GPS directed me to turn into. We were here. The building was large, but not much to it. The building blended in with the ones around.

When I glance over at Skylar I notice she has a slight tremor in her hands. My girl was nervous. So I take her hand and kiss her fingers hoping I can calm her nerves.

"Don't be nervous. I'll be with you the entire time," I pause for a second remembering what I told her was a lie. "Except for wardrobe, but I'll make sure Aubree stays with you." This isn't my first rodeo and I won't need Aubree to hold my hand. I would rather her stay with Skylar since this was the first time she has ever done something like this.

Skylar smiles at me in gratitude, which I return. I never want her to be in a situation she is uncomfortable with. I've been doing all of this for years, but she's new to this world. I love the fact we met before I became famous and to her I'm still the person she met online all those years ago. I'm also grateful none of my fame has gone to her head. She is still the same Skylar who started this journey with me.

We leave the car and I take her hand in mine giving her a slight squeeze. The lady at the front desk eyes us with interest, but her interest is more directed to Skylar than me. I recite the words Aubree told me to say yesterday and she directs us on where we are to go. I don't miss the smoldering glances she sends Skylar, but Skylar is oblivious to all of it.

I lead her to the elevator tucked tightly under my arm and push the button to the floor the lady told me to go to. The elevator zips up to the floor we want. When the elevator digs the doors open and was stop into chaos, but a controlled chaos. Aubree is already standing there waiting for us.

Already picking up on what I want her to do without me tell her she directs on where I need to go and states how she will stay with Skylar. This is one of the reasons I love Aubree she has a knack for picking up on what we want or need without us having to tell her.

I kiss Skylar good bye and head over to where I'm needed. Getting my ready takes longer than one would think. They were struggling with getting my hair to lay the right way. Finally I was thrown some clothes to put on and given the all clear to head out.

I was going to be taking some photos without Skylar for the magazine. The second I stepped out the photographer got to work snapping one picture after another. Not to long into the shoot I was starting to see white dots everywhere. I had to rely on my hearing to know how to stand and where to look.

Photo shoots have never been a favorite of mine. Especially when Aubree convinces me to do ads. Sure I somehow ended up surrounded by beautiful women and walked away with a ton of numbers. In the past I would contact a few for a good time, but it never when further than a roll in the sheets.

Out of the corner of my eyes I catch Aubree and Skylar standing off to the side. I'm forced to do a double take of the outfit they out Skylar in. She was wearing a white lace dress, a jean jacket and cowboy boots. The white dress reminded me of a wedding dress. She was beyond gorgeous. They hadn't caked on makeup instead the allowed her nature beauty to shine through. I wasn't able to tear my gaze away from her. The photographer was enjoying my reaction and continuing to snap one picture after another.

The photographer calls for me to have a wardrobe change and for Skylar to take the stage. She walks over on shaking legs and a slight blush to her cheeks. I smile at her wanting to put her at ease. Before she can reach me someone takes me back to the room I'm in and has me strip. They have me put on dark jeans and a black plaid shirt leaving a few of the top buttons undone. I also put on a pair of black biker boots.

I leave the room and stay off to the side watching Skylar loosen up and actually enjoy herself. Aubree stands next to me and nudges me with a smile. "She's a natural. You choose well Dimitri." Someone calls for her and she walks away without me saying anything.

Aubree was more than talking about the photoshoot. Skylar has been able to deal with whatever my fame has thrown her way. At first I was afraid my fame would drive a wedge between us. In a short span of time we have been through so much together, but I would want no other by my side.

With love in my heart I send a quick text to Frank asking him for help in sneaking me to a jewelry store and if he knew of any mom and pop shops I could go to. Skylar has never cared about name brands and I would rather give my money to them than a chain. He responds letting me know he will do some digging and find me a place.

The photographer notices me standing there and waves me over to join Skylar. The thoughts of I'm going to propose to my girl influences my smile and the photographer loves every minute of it. I get into the fun of the shoot and fuck with Skylar provoking real laughter. I even snuck in some kisses.

The photographer ever now and again would ask for certain poses then leave us on our own. Skylar kept yelling at me to stop goofing off and get serious. The lady taking pictures told her to stop worrying and we were coming across natural. Also this was the most fun she's had in a while.

The hour flew by quickly and soon they were calling a wrap. We were done. "You did awesome babe," I whisper in her ear when I notice her eyeing all the people watching us.

I notice Layla standing off to the side with a guarded expression. Her and Aubree are so similar it's scary. Really goes to show you how some family genes can be so strong. Layla and Aubree are cousins. Layla is also the one who is going to be interviewing us. Hence the reason I went along with this. Layla has never twisted our words or printed anything that wasn't true and due to her connection to Aubree she's usually our go to.

Layla is the first to speak when we approach. "Aubree I can see why you like her."

Aubree jumps in. "The reason why I said I trusted the person interviewing you is because she is actually my cousin." Skylar's eyes alight with understanding.

"Nice to meet you," Skylar says lingering for a second.

"Layla," Layla says giving Skylar her name. She turns to me and gives me a hug. We have only ever been friends. Nor has she ever tried for anything more with me. "I can see why you've been too busy to visit me." Skylar face tenses at Layla's statement and crosses her arms across her chest.

Of course Skylar's thoughts would go in the wrong direction. Laughing Layla explains. "Dimitri should be more concerned then you." She runs her eyes over Skylar and winks. "Because you are more my type then he is." Understanding fills her eyes.

I wrap my arms tightly around Skylar and in good fun say, "don't even think about it Layla this one is mine." Layla rolls her eyes. I know she's only kidding and poking fun at me.

"This one can speak for herself mister," Skylar tells me poking me in the chest. We all laugh over the odd exchange.

"If you would follow me we can go somewhere a little more comfortable to talk," Layla explains leading us to a small sitting area designated for interviews.

Skylar and I claim the couch whereas Layla and Aubree take the chairs across. Layla removes a pen, paper and tape recorder from her bag setting the tape recorder on the table. Aubree hands Skylar her phone and she puts the device in her pocket.

Layla watches her with a raised brow. "I know we were asked to leave phone behind, but I'm waiting on an important phone call from the doctor," Skylar explains to Layla.

She nods her head in understanding and begins the interview. "Would you mind explaining why?" Skylar hesitates in answering her question and her eyes pop out of her head. Layla changes tactics. "We can keep this off the record and between the four of us." And this is why we give interviews with Layla she will actually keep her word.

Skylar glances back and forth between Aubree and me. I give her a smile letting her know sharing with Layla is okay. "Can you please keep it off the record," Skylar asks her. Layla answers with a nod of her head. "Last week I went to see a doctor because I wasn't feeling well and he said my symptoms led him to believe I might have leukemia. The call I'm waiting for is the results from my blood work."

Tears form in Layla's eyes and she reaches across table for Skylar's hands. "I'm so sorry to hear that."

Skylar smiles at her. "Thank you," she tells her. Skylar than attempts to change the subject by asking, "so what is your first question."

Layla sits back in her chair wiping at her eyes. "How did y'all meet," she asks slipping into her professional role. Her eyes shifting between Skylar and myself waiting for one of us to answer her.

I take the lead. "We meet online actually well before the band got signed."

Layla nods her head jotting down some notes. Not that the ice has been broken Layla asks questions about our relationship and friendship. She gets stars in her eyes listening to our story. Layla is such a romantic at heart.

Layla asks Skylar about her ex-husband causing me to clench my fists in anger over the asshole. Skylar takes a deep breath and launches into her story. "Towards the end of my college career I made a poor decision and this decision is the one thing I regret in my life." Skylar fidgets with her dress.

Layla uncrosses her legs and leans forward slightly. In a soothing tone she asks. "And what is that?" Aubree had shared with me she had already spoken to Layla about Skylar's past yesterday.

Skylar takes a steadying breath and I take her hand in mine. "I got married and ended up in an emotionally abusive relationship."

"Oh my!," Layla exclaims faking her shock well. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that. How long were in the marriage?"

"Not long. I realized early on how unhealthy the relationship was and got myself out of it." Skylar explains getting lost on her thoughts. I was so proud of her for not staying in something that was unhealthy. Plus, I would be lying if I didn't say I was jealous over someone else being with her.

"Good for you not saying in something to stay in it," Layla tells her drawing my from my thoughts.

"I tried to make it work, but had enough and filed for divorce."

"Thank God she did," I jump in kissing the side of her head. "Because then I would have really lost her due to my own stupidity." Layla ticks me. She was another one who would have to listen to me mope about Skylar when I got drunk. Layla tends to get wild so when I wanted a night out with no expectations she is always the one I call, but those nights out are done.

"One positive came out of this though," Skylar explains with a wishful expression. "Aubree and I have been discussing this idea of starting a program that would connect troubled kids with a rock star."

The girls all fall into a conversation discussing Skylar's idea for a mentor program. I sit back and watch her shine enjoying watching how excited she is getting. Skylar misses working with children and this will give her a new way to work with students and still make a difference.

The conversation shifts back to Skylar and my relationship. We share with Layla how we reconnect this time and everything that happened on the road. Throughout the interview Layla would ask some questions, but mostly listen and let us guide the direction of the interview. Her pen never stopped moving across her paper. I couldn't wait to read her sharing our story with the public. She would put us in the best light possible.

Skylar's phone starts to ring and my heart gets lodged in my throat. By her reaction the call was the one we have been waiting for. I cross my fingers praying the results came back negative.

"Hello," she says in to her phone with a slight tremor in her voice. She goes silent waiting for the person on the other end to speak. I should have made her put the phone on speaker so I could hear. "This is her," she says and pause again. I tap my foot on the ground.

Skylar's eyes shift to mine full of concern and all the color drains from her face. Shit the results came back positive. I'm going to lose her.     

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

6.9K 1.6K 39
'No, he didn't'. I was so shocked by the turn of events. Everything was going fine and then suddenly boom, everything turned upside down. I just coul...
319K 6.4K 59
EMMA RUBY FOREST. You know the perfect girl, with blonde hair, blue eyes, who is desired by almost every guy, also dating the future Alpha, yeah th...
953 19 12
For all those like me who find this rock star attractive (even if he's in his 70s and your barely 20) this is the story for you. It's gonna be a bun...
192K 6.6K 73
I wasn't the type to fall at the feet of a guy, especially not for his looks. I didn't waste my time with crushes and boyfriends and all the dating a...