Girlfriend For Hire | Haikyuu...

By isesaki

A full-time girlfriend-for-hire job suddenly turns into a reverse harem. - International basketball prodi... More

Girlfriend for Hire
GF-FORHIRE.COM
GF-FORHIRE RULEBOOK
0 | origin
1 | charity case
2 | volleyball with crows
3 | atsumu's girlfriend
4 | guess boy
5 | boyfriend training
6 | the great king
7 | client number two
8 | eclipse
9 | 168 hours
10 | 7:23
11 | for show
12 | kei
13 | just physical therapy
14 | what the cat dragged in
15 | the ceo's niece
16 | mcdonald's
17 | lunch with seijoh
18 | breakfast buddies
19 | jersey
20 | training at tokyo
21 | piggy back ride
22 | tokyo
23 | bookstore girl
24 | japan women's basketball
25 | unladylike
26 | front row seats
27 | toki's
28 | benched
29 | celestial fondness
30 | surprise party
31 | supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
32 | fancy dinner
33 | small world
34 | the ics ball
35 | me, her, and the moon
36 | new year
37 | exhibition
38 | karma
39 | youth world '11
40 | fun things
41 | cheer team
42 | heather
43 | boyfriend duties
44 | starwiki-how
45 | clorox and ethyl alcohol
46 | socks
47 | that part was real
48 | cute
49 | my love puts ghibli films to shame
50 | chemistry jokes
51 | spirit and skill
52 | japan's big three
53 | shoyō
54 | three more days
55 | live scandal
56 | twenty-third
57 | new student
58 | nosy
59 | untidy uniform
60 | home economics club
61 | him, her, & the moon
62 | play me
63 | fated encounters
64 | revival
65 | one-man show
66 | five hundred yen
67 | coffee-flavored
68 | bloody valentine's day
69 | normal
70 | girlfriend
71 | for hire
72 | other half
73 | mari-chin
74 | itami
character aesthetics
75 | the miyagi boys
76 | tokyo sports magazine
77 | breakfast with utsui
78 | unexpected arrival
79 | sakusa's cleaning lady
80 | the men's youth team
81 | the scrimmage
82 | seinaru's bet
83 | delirious encounters
84 | uncle tom
85 | chaperones
86 | the prodigal five
87 | the olympic village
88 | may the best man win
89 | everyone's here
90 | breathtaking
91 | keeping up with japan
92 | in this life and the next
93 | all the time in the world
94 | onion rings
95 | white and red
96 | kuroo's big mouth
97 | the grand gesture + edited
98 | lore
99 | kin-kei
100 | chickens
101 | domex
102 | green monster
103 | a tie
104 | send to many
105 | great britain
106 | grovel at my feet
107 | argentina
108 | you're getting weak
109 | i'm not God
110 | or perhaps i am
111 | usa , you won't win
112 | escape
113 | australia
114 | marry me
115 | finals
117 | burden
118 | weirdos

116 | crippling

1.9K 142 53
By isesaki

ONE HUNDRED SIXTEEN. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

SHE FELT LIKE THE LIGHT WAS COMING DOWN ON HER. Pupils dilated with adrenaline, lips parted in dismay, and hands trembling with exhaustion. Reo Regina Hemmings was seconds away from passing out as she stared at the opposing team celebrating their win.

In the midst of the red and white crowd, her vermillion eyes grasped on hues of blue and green. Her heart felt like it was swallowed by her lungs as their eyes met– Seinaru had already been looking at her.

Absentmindedly, her feet started trotting on the floor, one after the other.

Left, right.

Irwin, through tear-filled eyes stared with dread pulsating through her veins. For the first time, she felt absolute horror engulf her being as she looked at her captain trudging towards the winning team. She was afraid of what the red-haired girl would say.

Left, right.

Hood patted Irwin's back, giving her assurance that their captain wasn't a sore loser and wouldn't do anything drastic.

Reo was a good sport. But no one knew exactly what was going on inside her head at that very moment.

Ymari Seinaru only stared blankly at her. Her blue and green eyes had specks of curiosity in them as Reo approached her. Her teammates who were previously surrounding her in a winning huddle suddenly moved to make way for the opposing team's captain.

"Seinaru." Reo's voice came bundling through the arena. Her bottom lip quivered, but she bit it in fear that she may break down in front of her superior.

"I..." Her mouth dried. She suddenly forgot what she even came here for. To admit defeat? Well, she already lost, what's there to admit?

However, the silence was cut short when the woman of the hour spoke up.

"You did well." Seinaru expressed, noticing that the red-haired girl didn't exactly have anything to say. The left corner of her lip turned upward in the slightest.

Reo looked at her peered at her in disbelief, "Me?"

"You and your team." Seinaru corrected. "None of you lost your will to fight until the end. And though you fell short, you..."

She looked Reo in the eye, "You have my respect."

Utsui, who was starting to get uncomfortable by the atmosphere between the two prodigies laughed out loud. "Oh, to be respected by the Ymari Seinaru!"

Reo finally snapped out of her reverie and bowed her head lightly, cheeks still flushed red, and her heart beating in her ears. "Thank you."

Ymari simply nodded back at her, before her eyes flitted towards her coach who seemed to be calling her name and walked off.

-

"This year's mythical five!" The announcer's voice boomed through the speakers.

The bronze, silver, and gold medals and trophies were already awarded to the respective teams. Third place with bronze was the USA, second place with silver was Australia, and the first place with gold was Japan.

The three prodigies in the bleachers earlier stood up abruptly, knowing that that was their go-signal to go to the court.

"Belzin Felicity Horan of Great Britain." The ginger stepped up onto the podium while the referee she almost pummeled to the ground the other day slung her medal over her head.

"Acosta Madeleine Kaibara of Argentina." The two-toned purple haired giant ducked her head a bit just so her medal could be put on her.

"Seraphim Brielle Klein of USA." The white-haired girl took her medal from the usherette and placed it over herself.

"Reo Regina Hemmings of Australia." Shrugging her shoulders, the red-haired shooting guard gladly accepted the award.

"And the last spot goes to, Mizuno Kasai of Japan." The magentanette blinks in surprise when her name was called. She looks at her captain, who only points towards the podium, motioning for her to go and accept her medal.

"You rock, mom!" Jordan yells, while her teammates had mixed reactions of amusement and pride.

"I thought she was the mom of the group?" Ichigo sweatdrops at Jordan's behavior.

"I thought you were the mom no cap." Hanuka cackles at the brunette.

"To give the final special award, may we call on the principal sponsors for this year's Tokyo Junior Olympics." The announcer goes on while the atmosphere remained elated due to the host country's landslide win in basketball.

"The Most Valuable Player award goes to Ymari Shekinah Seinaru of Japan!"

Ymari, who didn't even go up the stage to get the group award earlier because she was still conversing to Inko about something, looks up when her name was called – she didn't exactly hear anything else but her name. She looks back at her coach and bows lightly to excuse herself.

"Just a sec." Seinaru walks towards the stage as Inko nods.

She continues her walk as she heard the crowd's deafening cheers of her name. As she brushes past her team, she suddenly noticed an outcasted emotion in the sea of happiness. She blinked, almost halting in her steps as she spots Utsui's face filled with dread.

"Utsui...?" She muttered underneath her breath as she continued walking up the podium, her eyes lingering on her brunette friend who seemed to have something on her mind.

When she finally arrived at the stage, with the rest of the Prodigal Five and her senior, Kasai on a podium behind her, she notices Utsui's eyes dart to something on her side with unease.

Seinaru's brows furrowed at her demeanor as she followed Utsui's gaze. 'What could she possibly be-'

Brown hair.

Brown eyes.

Mildly creased shirt.

Piercings.

Utsui's eyes remained trained on her best friend, awaiting her reaction. Ymari's eyes washed with recognition as she flinched ever so slightly that no one else but Utsui noticed the faint change in her demeanor for a split-second.

Yuuji Terushima handed her a golden Olympic trophy with the label MVP on it.

"Congratulations, Mari-chin."

Her world stopped at the nickname he used to address her. Her eyes flitted upwards to meet his coffee brown ones.

In an instant, her heart plummeted into the depths of her chest, as if gripped by an unseen force. Shockwaves rippled through her veins, freezing her in a moment of disbelief. Time seemed to stand still as her mind struggled to comprehend the unexpected twist of fate as her eyes remained staring into the depths of his coffee-colored ones.

The world around her blurred, its vibrant colors and sounds of the crowd's cheers fading into the background, overshadowed by the overwhelming surge of astonishment that washed over her. It was as if the very foundation of her reality had been shaken, leaving her suspended in a suspended state of emotional turbulence. The weight of the shock bore down upon her, threatening to consume her, but within that momentary pause, she managed to summon an extraordinary strength to maintain a serene facade.

"You did amazing, as always." He offered his hand for her to shake.

She looked at it for a brief moment, her mind in the middle of registering what was happening. The millisecond felt like eternity when she finally shook his hand. His warmth engulfed her palm, but it was gone as soon as it came as she retracted her hand from his.

"Thank you." She finally found her composure after seconds of thinking. Another sponsor slung her golden MVP medal over her head, and she shook their hand as well. Though she was managing to keep her cool, there was still the carryover of a former love interest recognizing her.

"May we please call on the MVP to give her winning speech."

She looked towards the podium where she was being motioned to by the announcer to give a success speech.

She excused herself from the middle of the stage and walked onto the podium where a microphone awaited her. She took a deep breath, shrugging off the spike in her emotions from being recognized by Terushima earlier, as she maintained a calm demeanor.

"Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed guests, and fellow athletes: Today, I stand before you as one of the representatives of my beloved country, Japan, and as an ambassador of basketball. In these Olympic Games, we have witnessed exceptional talent, unwavering determination, and the unbreakable spirit of competition. I, along with every basketball player here, am honored to be part of this incredible journey." She started.

"Our path here has been marked by sweat, sacrifice, and relentless commitment. We have faced challenges, pushed our limits, and embraced hardships. Each dribble, pass, and shot has been a steppingstone toward our collective dream." She looked at the rest of the Prodigal Five on the stage, along with Kasai.

"Today, despite being from different nations, we all stand united as one team, bound by a passion that surpasses our individual goals. We have battled formidable opponents, faced adversity, and emerged stronger. Our resilience has been tested, and our character forged in the heat of competition."

"But victory extends beyond the court. Our success lies in the values we embody. We have shown the power of teamwork," She looked at Reo.

"Camaraderie," She looked at Seraphim, then at Kaibara and Belzin, "And sportsmanship."

She then looked at her team. "Our victories are fueled by respect, fairness, and love for the game."

"To our coach, trainers, and everyone who helped us develop our skills, thank you for pushing us and believing in us. Your guidance and unwavering support have molded us into champions." She nodded her head towards Inko, then she glanced back at the crowd. "To our loved ones, your love and belief in our dreams have given us strength. We are grateful for your support. To our fans and supporters, your passion has fueled our fire. Your unwavering encouragement has inspired us to new heights."

"As I stand on this podium along with exceptional athletes from all over the world, adorned with gold medals, let us remember that victory is defined by the spirit with which we have played. Let us carry the torch of basketball excellence with grace, humility, and a commitment to inspire the next generation."

"To our fellow competitors, we commend you. We have battled fiercely, but we have also formed lasting bonds. Through our shared love for the game, we have transcended borders and made this Olympics a testament to the power of sports. Finally, our deepest gratitude goes to the Olympic Committee, the host nation, my home country, and all those who made these games a resounding success. Your dedication has provided an unforgettable platform to showcase our skills and the essence of the Olympic spirit."

She smiled, though it didn't quite reach her eyes, "Let us savor this moment—a moment etched in our hearts. We are not just champions; we are custodians of the game. May we continue to inspire, uplift, and elevate basketball as we carry the torch of victory into our homes. Thank you and may the spirit of the Olympic Games live on in all of us."

The crowd erupted into cheers as she ended her speech. As the Japan team captain walked off somewhere no one knows, both Utsui and a certain someone took note of the dark look in her eyes and the smile that didn't quite feel right.

-

Amur Hanuka always had a lot to say. But when it came to her parents, her mouth seemed to screw shut. Amur Hanuka, the girl who likes girls but kept her gender identity locked in a closet because of fear of judgement from her adoptive parents. However, today was the day she was going to go out and say it. As she dragged her feet across the pvc floors of the court, her hand clutching the trophy that they'd just won from the Olympics, tears started to well up in her eyes. She finally stopped in front of the VIP section where her parents, Kyouka Hanuka and Denki Hanuka stood, perplexed as to why their daughter looked like she was going to break down at any moment.

She mustered all the courage and shouted from the top of her lungs. "Mom, Dad, I'm sorry! I'm gay!"

The crowd around them silenced, while some of her teammates looked to see what was going on. Hanuka continued, bursting into tears. "I owe you my life, I'm sorry I disappointed you!"

Kyouka and Denki looked at each other, before smiling kindly at their daughter. Denki waved enthusiastically at the adopted daughter he treats as his own. "We know, honey!"

Kyouka grinned down at her daughter, cupping her hands over her mouth and shouting, "We've always known!"

Hanuka's eyes widened, and she felt a warm hand land on top of her head. She looks to her left and sees Ichigo smiling at her. "You actually waited for the Olympics to tell them, huh?"

The pink haired girl gleamed up at her, then at her parents who were waving enthusiastically and proudly at her, aware and accepting of who she truly was. "Yeah."

-

"Hey, have you seen Ryu-chan?" Takemichi asked Jordan as they started to get ready to leave the court.

The purple haired girl who was putting empty plastic bottles in a large garbage bag looked at her and pointed at the bleachers on their side of the court. "Oh, she went to meet the volleyball guy."

"Oh.." Takemichi looked at where Jordan was pointing at, feeling a piece of her heart chip off when she saw Ryuguji and Kiryū talking and laughing at the former's success. Her eyes trailed down to her feet, "I see."

Nozomi, who was just a meter away from her noticed the switch in her mood, "You like her, don't you?"

Takemichi's heart plummeted as she looked up at Nozomi, flustered. "N-No! No fucking way!"

She then started doing really exaggerated gestures with her hands, "I would never like her! God! Not like that! Pfft! HAHA!" She proceeded to deny, then she pursed her lips. "Besides, even if I did hypothetically like her, she wouldn't believe me if I went out and admitted it."

"Really?" A voice cut her out of her reverie.

Takemichi's eyes were filled with horror as she looked at Nozomi who was standing in front of her with a smug smile on her face. "She's right behind me, isn't she?"

Nozomi shrugged, stifling in her laughter.

Takemichi slowly turned to look behind her, keeping one eye closed.

"Oh shit." She muttered when she confirmed that Ryuguji was indeed behind her.

"I think I'd believe you." Ryuguji looked at her, the corners of her lips upturned. "Hypothetically, of course."

The blonde girl froze, cheeks red as she completely faced Ryuguji. She cleared her throat and pushed the greenette. "Stop joking around, Ryu-chan. Next thing you'll say you'd also hypothetically like me back."

"Oh no." Ryuguji laughed, which Takemichi took personally. The blonde girl's heart fell to her stomach. So this is what rejection feels like...

"I do like you back." Ryuguji cut her off her reverie. "Nothing about it's hypothetical."

"Huh...?" Takemichi was puzzled but her heart was rejoicing. "What about Kiryū?"

Ryuguji shrugged, "He knows."

"But you and him–"

"He always teases me when he sees me with you." Ryuguji grimaces, cheeks tinting pink. She then looks at Takemichi. "This wasn't really my ideal time and place for confession."

She smiles genuinely at Takemichi, making the blonde even more flustered than she already was.

"But hey, I like you, and it's not hypothetical."

-

Caught between the realms of reality and a vivid daydream, she found herself suspended in a state of surreal confusion. The encounter with him earlier felt like a fleeting illusion, a figment concocted by her own imagination. Yet, her intuition whispered otherwise.

She had sensed the fragments of his lost memories slowly resurfacing - his stunt with the blimp was a huge giveaway, but the weight of their sudden reality was staggering. It was an unexpected collision of fantasy and truth, leaving her breathless, grappling with the bewildering mix of emotions that surged through her. Uncertainty danced in her eyes, reflecting the complexity of her thoughts as she navigated the delicate balance between longing and apprehension.

It had been hours since the awarding ceremony. The sun had set long ago, with the stars and the dark blanket of the evening in its wake. Ymari Seinaru found herself walking along the busy streets of Tokyo, silently thanking kami-sama that no one seemed to recognize her despite the Olympic jacket she had on.

She finally answered Utsui's call, after rejecting it and some others for hours on end and got told that she should go back for the team's victory dinner before they part ways tomorrow. That's why she was on her way back to the hotel, as all the things from the Olympic house have been transferred there. There was still plenty of space in certain rooms at the penthouse, despite Atsumu and his friends staying in the President's suite she and the others used before.

Her mind went back to what happened earlier. How could he act so familiar with her after completely forgetting about her existence for the past few years?

She was too caught up in her thoughts that she didn't notice someone bounding towards her, "Excuse me–."

She felt the effect before she even realized what happened. A piercing pain hit the back of Seinaru's head as she fell back-first into the ground. She grimaced, the hit taking its toll on her head as it throbbed.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry." She heard someone say.

She opened her eyes, her gaze a bit blurry as she looked up at the cause of her fall. She then heard them gasp. "Shit."

The person sounded alarmed as they continued, "Shit, it's you."

Her eyes finally adjusted to the light, the pain subsiding a bit as she finally reconciled her thoughts and recognized the man hovering on top of her with a panicked expression on his face.

"Wow.." Despite her delirious state, she managed to stifle a laugh that sounded more sarcastic than humorous. "You always find ways to hurt me, don't you, Terushima?"

And then she fainted.

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 222 21
Collection of one-shots featuring the characters of Haikyuu! Originally posted on Deviantart. Does not include all characters. If you have any ideas...
426K 14.2K 49
[[COMPLETED]] (L/n) (Y/n), a third year from Aoba Johsai is also the manager for the Boys' Volleyball Club. Join her in their wacky and stupid advent...
19.7K 895 30
After a big rift in high school, Hajime Iwaizumi and Tōru Oikawa thought their friendship was permanently broken. For the rest of their teenage years...
457K 17.4K 47
■■COMPLETED■■ "She didn't need anyone, yet she was drowning in the words she didn't speak." -Anonymous The 14 year old prodigy came to Japan, vowing...