Mirror of Traps

By jensoopresident

A temporary reflection that doesn't belong to her. It still managed to trap the love of her life. She can eit... More

Intro - Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 5

1.2K 83 19
By jensoopresident

They drove to the nearest 24-hour internet cafe. Jisoo let them enter the café while she answered a quick call

"How is Jin?" Jennie muttered to Lisa, a bit embarrassed for wanting to know more about him.

"I don't understand what you're asking, Miss Kim." Lisa caught her curiosity.

"The things I've heard weren't the most pleasant." She admitted. "This is the first time we've met and his personality is much different to what I was told. I didn't expect it to be honest."

"My experiences with businessmen have been rather unpleasant. Your boss will be my future partner." Jennie shot Lisa a look of hope. "Please be honest with me."

Jennie's eyes begged Lisa, a hint of sadness covered mostly by curiousity.

"As far as I've known, Jis- Jin has always been mature for his age." Lisa smiled at the memory of her first conversation with a young, teenage Jisoo. "Maybe a bit stubborn and childish too. But I promise he'll treat you well."

Jennie was taken back by Lisa's description. It was nothing like she imagined him or what she had heard of him.

None of this made sense. She can't believe she's in a PC café on the night of her engagement with her fiancé who she was crying about for months.

Nothing has changed. She still doesn't wanna marry him just because he seems like a nice guy. But her heart felt a bit at ease knowing he wasn't the horrible person she had imagined.

They looked at the door when Jisoo arrived holding two bags of food.

"I'm not sure you got to eat at the party." Jisoo gave her a heart fluttering smile. "Lisa and I usually order this, If you don't like it please let me know. I'll get whatever you want."

Accepting the food, Jennie got ready to dig in while Lisa excused them both for a minute.

Jennie found herself wishing he was at least a bit of a jerk so the millions of curses she had spoken in his name for months wouldn't make her feel so guilty. She sluggishly bit into her food, wondering how things will change now.

"One absolutely hot girl and you already folded." Lisa was out of breath from laughing.

"Shut up, it's not like that." Jisoo hid her blush out of embarrassment. "She doesn't want this either and she was clearly uncomfortable so I offered some company."

"She doesn't wanna get married to you but she just accepted your offer to take her out for the night?" Lisa looked at her sideways.

Jisoo recapped everything Jennie had said on the balcony.

"I didn't even expect her to come with me. It sounds like she's also forced into this stupid engagement." Jisoo sighed, feeling bad for both of them. "Some "finding true love" bullshit."

"What's the plan anyway?" Lisa asked, none of this made sense to her. "You play Jin for how long? Until the wedding?"

"The Honeymoon?" She raised her brow suggestively. "I'll totally support that."

"Why? So I can undress and she can see I don't have what she likes and freak out?" Jisoo asked sarcastically. "Or until she feels the binder on my chest and realizes we both have the same body?"

"Boo! Take a joke." Lisa frowned.

"We're here until they find Jin. They'll get him here before the wedding." Jisoo sighed. "Or at least that's what I was promised."

"Are they even looking for him properly? Shouldn't rich people have access to the best methods?"

"They're rich, not smart. I've decided to look for him on my own." Jisoo revealed. "It seems like I have a better chance at finding that asshole than them."

"I still don't understand why you're doing this." Lisa shook her head in disapproval. "Nothing is at stake here other than their own downfall."

That's what you think, Lili.

"It's the last thing I'll do for them. I promise."

"So, what do we do with Miss 'No Care For Stranger Danger' in there?" Lisa referred to Jennie. "Since you decided to complicate it for yourself and she just blindly trusted you."

"I'm her fiancé, of course she would trust me. And she's divinely beautiful, I'm not to blame here." Jisoo held her head high.

"Whatever you say, Simpsoo."

They walked back in to see Jennie patiently nibbling on her food. Jisoo couldn't help but think how adorable her cheeks look, filled with food.

"Look." Jisoo whispered to Lisa with heart-eyes.

"You're so whipped for your wife already." Lisa shook her head at her idiot friend.

"Not my wife."

"Sister-in-law?"

"He's not my brother."

"Fine." Lisa gave up. "Your little crush."

Jisoo's sudden stomp scared Jennie, causing her to jump up a little.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Jisoo quickly apologized.

"It's fine. I just get scared easily." Jennie informed her.

They silently ate, not knowing how to start a conversation without stuttering or blushing.

Jisoo kept grabbing glances at Jennie, her eyes were naturally drawn to Jennie and in her head she believed everyone's eyes had to be.

She was insanely beautiful, no one can help but like her. She doesn't believe in love at first sight but lust at first sight was definitely real and that's what this current feeling must be.

Lisa groaned inwardly, not liking being stuck as the third wheel. She forced Jisoo to hurry up eating so they could play together even though she knew she was going to lose every single game.

"Jennie won again." Jisoo announced.

Lisa looked to be in a trance. She expected Jisoo to beat her but Jennie beating her in every game was not what she had imagined.

"I'm so sorry. We can play again and I'll let you win if you want." Jennie offered, feeling horrible.

"No." Lisa waved her off. "Please, my ego can't take this anymore, Miss Kim."

"It's getting kind of late." Jisoo put her phone back in her pocket "If you let us know where to drop you off, we can safely get you home."

Jisoo didn't know what mess their families were at right now since she dragged Jennie away at her engagement night so easily without thinking. They can't contact her right now either since she doesn't have a number yet.

"I think it's best we return to the party." They both agreed with Jennie and drove back.

"Where have you been, Jin? I was so worried." Dara faked a smile of concern.

"I told you the kids had gone out to get to know each other a bit better." Jiyong gave them a proud smile. "They're fiancé's after all."

"It's time to wrap up the party anyway." Seunghyun noted.

The rest of the night continued with Dara not leaving Jisoo's side. She was suspicious of Lisa and Jisoo, scared they might have spilled the truth to Jennie.

Lisa used her as entertainment for the night. She purposely walked by Jennie and her family multiple times. And each time it would raise Dara's blood pressure it brought her a small boost of serotonin.

Jisoo stuck to glancing at Jennie from the side. She quietly studied Jennie's movements. They were so soft and light, any small sound startled her. She looked so fragile, Jisoo just wanted to wrap her arms around her and stay like that forever.

Regret filled into her heart quickly. Not only is Jennie being forced into this marriage which is just a business deal, her real fiancé is missing and someone else is unwillingly filling in his spot. All without her knowledge.

This situation isn't her fault. But she'll be playing the biggest role in deceiving this innocent girl who doesn't deserve it.

It just keeps getting worse and worse. Jisoo felt her head starting to hurt.

"Headache?" Lisa sat down beside her.

"A whole migraine actually."

"Is it about her?"

"This is so wrong. I'm about to ruin someone's whole life."

"Not your fault. We'll be leaving soon anyway."

Lisa knew Jisoo too well. No matter how much she tries to hide it, she knows Jisoo worries about others more than herself.

"She has so many wishes for her future husband. She wants someone that loves her till the end. Someone to support her through anything." Jisoo sighed once again. "Will Jin even fulfill any of those demands?"

"You're worrying too much about a stranger, Mr.Kim." Lisa ruffled her short hair. "This feels weird."

"Has my hair ever been shorter than yours?"

"Nope. Should I cu-"

Lisa was cut off by Jisoo suddenly standing up. "I'll be back."

Confused, she watched Jisoo run outside by the back door. Jennie, who was sneaking glances at Jisoo also noticed this.

Where the hell did they go? Jisoo noticed two men who had been glaring at her the whole night. She didn't think much of them until she noticed then mouth Jin's name so much anger it quickly became a bit suspicious.

Trusting her gut feeling, she guessed they knew Jin's current location and reason to go missing. Even going further, they might have even helped him leave.

If she wanted to reach Jin, she needed to reach them.

She was waiting to talk to them alone so no scene was caused but seeing as they were in a hurry to leave, she had no choice but to chase after them.

"Yoongi, let's go!"

Jisoo walked to see one of the men get into a car. Before she could reach them, they had driven away.

Not seeing them anywhere and only hearing one of their names, Jisoo quickly texted it to Lisa and decided she'll deal with this later.

Getting back to the party, it seemed everyone was finally leaving. She walked over to Lisa to tell her about what just happened but was pulled back by Dara who wanted to send Jennie's family off.

"I'll see you soon, future son-in-law." Jiyong patted her back and got into their car.

Jisoo was more keen on making sure Jennie was okay. The fiancé was sitting at the back quietly. It looked as if something had disturbed her night.

Reluctantly, she watched them bid their goodbyes and leave the event.

As soon as the car left, Seunghyun was ready to yell at Jisoo as usual.

"You! Where the hell did y-"

"I'm tired." Jisoo pulled Lisa and left before he could say anything further. They sped home to shower and hit the bed. Or atleast Lisa did.

Jisoo stayed up researching about Yoongi. She didn't have a last name to work with and didn't remember his face too well but was able to narrow it down to Kim, Min, and Song.

"Turn off the lights and come to bed." Lisa whined, covering her head with the blanket.

"In a sec." Jisoo spun her pen between her fingers. "If only I could access the guest list somehow..."

"You're about to access a special place in hell if you don't get your ass back to bed." Lisa's muffled voice threatened underneath the blanket.

"Gosh. We don't even have work tomorrow." Jisoo shut her laptop and got up to turn off the lights. She slithered into her side and tugged on the blanket.

"But we do have to meet your in-laws again." Lisa reminded her.

"What were you Googling anyway? Jennie?" She teased.

"No, but good idea." Jisoo pulled out her phone to google her. "Always helps to know about your fiancé."

"Ooh me too, me too. I wanna know." Lisa inched closer towards her screen. They spent almost an hour looking for anything about her. Lisa got bored of the lack of information.

"Not even a picture?" Lisa yawned. "I guess they're very private. All it says is that they have a young daughter."

"At least it says they have a daughter." Jisoo chuckled, googling Dara and Seunghyun's name. There was no mention of a Kim Jisoo ever existing in the family.

"Google Lalisa Manoban; You can find Kim Jisoo there." Lisa mumbled sleepily.

"Good." Jisoo spooned her. "Let's keep it like that."

"Goodnight, Chu."

"Night, Lali."

——————————

Guess what idiot decided to write 2k words for each chapter and then had an empty brain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 355 5
When two professors who are madly in love with each other are too scared to confess their true feelings.
9.6K 508 10
My stutter makes it easy to become the center of attention for all the wrong reasons, so I try hard to stay out of the spotlight. But when Jennie Kim...
155K 10.3K 68
Where Kim Jisoo doesn't like kids and is afraid to settle down until she met Jennie Kim who is a married woman with a lovely daughter.
314K 7.4K 40
A story about a gang with couples and more.. I don't own any of the pictures that I used so Credits to the owners! 😊