The Crow

By phonywriter

{Mature Content; viewer discretion is advised!} All characters that are not mine, rightfully belong to the au... More

{Ongoing Updates, Publishing, Warnings}
🌟
Chapter 1. Red
Chapter 2. Games
Chapter 3. Best Friend
Chapter 4. Secrets
Chapter 5. Letters
Chapter 6. Legilimency
Chapter 7. Jealousy
Chapter 8. Cries
Chapter 9. Perfection
Chapter 10. A Broken Piano
Chapter 11. New Beginnings
Chapter 12. Answers
Chapter 13. Silence I
Chapter 14. Silence II
Chapter 15. Understanding Your Enemy
Chapter 16. Live to Love
Chapter 17. Repetition
Chapter 18. Last Forever
Chapter 19. Summer
Chapter 20. Undeniable
Chapter 21. Change
Chapter 22. Bird
Chapter 23. Party I
Chapter 24. Party II
Chapter 25. Distraught
Chapter 26. Amortenia
Chapter 27. Blinded
Chapter 28. Fiery
Chapter 29. Realization
Chapter 31. The Journal
Chapter 32. I'm Yours
Chapter 33. Second Love
Chapter 34. Party Crasher
Chapter 35. Deathly Burdens I
Chapter 36. Deathly Burdens II
Chapter 37. Drained
Specialty Chapter 1. Harry Potter
Specialty Chapter 2. Draco Malfoy
Chapter 38. To Stoke A Fire
Chapter 39. Compromise
Chapter 40. Lost and Found
Chapter 45. Forgotten

Chapter 30. Burning

338 15 1
By phonywriter

Neveah Crow

I should have listened when my mother told me boys were trouble.

Ever since I've arrived at Hogwarts, I've experienced nothing more than near death experiences and traumatic boy problems. How ideal. It has destroyed me in more than one way. I say this like a childish ten year old but, no more boys.

After my talk with Harry I've decided to dedicate myself to my studies. My parents studies, actually. In my freetime I find myself absorbed in their journal. Their world. Not only have I reconnected with my parents, I've discovered something no one could imagine.

Only halfway through, I'm reading it on my way to the common room before my next class. I can't seem to put it down. Never letting it out of my sight. Typically, it had my undivided attention. Until now.

"Hey Neveah." Harry stood outside the painting. "Was just about to look for you actually." He smiled nervously, putting his hands into his pocket.

He waited for a reply, acknowledgement, rocking back on his heels. I was distracted. God how I loved his nervous smile. How have I never noticed it before? Stop. Stop. No boys.

"Hey Harry, what can I do for you?"

What can I do for you? Are you kidding me? Merlin Neveah he's not your colleague. I can't figure out why I'm so flustered. He was looking for me. Why do I like that he was looking for me?

"Are you busy tomorrow?"

"No." My reply was rushed. Too quick. I tried not to let my nerves show. Calm down. You have no reason to be nervous.

"Well then, would you be interested in doing something?" Yes. "Just us?" Double yes.

I stopped myself from the quick answer that was brewing. No boys. Just friends...

"I'd like that Harry." I smiled warmly, hiding my excitement.

"Lucky me. I'll see you tomorrow Nev." He walked away casually and I wondered if it really was just two friends hanging out.

I've never felt nervous, or giddy butterflies. Nothing like this before. With Harry, it was different. No boys. No boys. No boys...

An hour later I sat in Snape's class. Waiting for the lesson to begin, I sat at my usual seat in the corner. Attempting to get through another page in my parents journal, it proved impossible. Reading the same line over and over again. Once again, a boy was distracting me.

I knew I wasn't getting anywhere. I shut the notebook and slipped it into my bag next to me.

"Hi again." Harry whispered as he sat next to me, startling me with chills.

"Hi again." I replied as he smiled warmly before Snape began his lesson.

An hour later, I was ready for lunch. Harry and I walked side by side, our arms barely touching. He kept the conversation going, but I was completely distracted by the possibility of his skin touching mine.

Halfway down the hall I looked for my notes to let him borrow. I quickly realized my journal was missing, rummaging frantically.

"Everything alright?" He asked, stopping with me.

"Yeah, um. Actually I think I left something in Snape's classroom. Meet you in the Great Hall?" He nodded and I was off in the opposite direction.

Standing over my desk was Professor Snape, my journal open in his hands.

"Back so soon, Miss Crow?" His eyes never left the page, "What do I owe the pleasure?"

"I do believe you have something of mine." I sneered, standing in place under the doorframe.

"Do you speak of this?" He shut the journal with a slam, peering up through his eyebrows.

I reached my arm out in front of me, summoning the journal. The leather flew out of his hand and into mine wordlessly.

"Yes, I do."

I turned on my heels, an eerie sensation following me. Why, why did he have the journal? How much does he know? Why? Why? Why?

Can I trust you, Severus Snape?

Harry Potter

"Ron! Ronald fucking Weasely!" I barged through the doors to our dorm. "I asked her. I asked her and she said yes!"

"You're mad, you know that?" He sat up, putting his wand onto his nightstand.

"This is a big deal, Ron. Of course I'm mad. Neveah makes me lose my mind, I swear it." I huffed, pacing the room with a plastered grin. "I have a chance. I truly have a chance."

"Yes, yes. Neveah this, Neveah that. Honestly I don't know what I would've done if she'd said no. Listening to you ramble on about her for ages." He wasn't exaggerating. "Well then, don't ruin your chance. What's the plan?"

"Well- shit I didn't think I'd get this far." I froze in thought. "Gotta run!"

For hours I was preparing for a single day with Neveah. No amount of time could have me ready. I was a bundle of nerves ready to explode at any second.

Neveah and I apparated not far off from Hogwarts, the castle still in view over the tall hill. We walked side by side and I felt the burning sensation in my hand, itching to touch hers.

"Will you tell me what we're doing here?" She walked backwards facing me.

"It's a surprise, I told you that already." I chuckled, pushing the fire in my hands into my pocket. "Alright, close your eyes." I said once we reached the top of the hill.

"You know I don't do well with surprises, Harry." She hesitantly closed her eyes and waited in place.

"It'll be worth it I promise!" I shouted in the distance, making sure everything was in the perfect place. Merlin, I hope I didn't over do it. "Okay, you can look."

Placed at my feet was a red picnic blanket filled with a dozen activities. Snacks I stored in the basket were now sprawled across the ground in bowls and on plates. Neveah's favorite books make a neat stack in the corner next to the paint and canvases. The weather was perfect and the view was impeccable. Everything had fallen into place. The final test? Neveah's approval.

"Do you like it?" No reply. "It's too much, isn't it? I'm sorry, we can just head back-"

"Harry." My name barely left her lips as she touched them with her fingertips. "Harry..."

She whispered my name like a song. Left completely speechless. I couldn't tell whether her words were from awe or pain. Perhaps both. I wondered if I should reach out.

"Come on, let's eat." I smiled, gesturing to the blanket. "It's all fresh so I hope you're hungry."

"How'd you know my favorite book?" She smirked, taking another bite of fruit.

"You have a new one every week. But on occasion, I noticed this one had been in your hands more than once." I looked away, hoping she wouldn't find it weird. "I've just started reading it actually."

"Merlin Harry..." She shook her head with a half smile. "How will we ever get anywhere if you continue to leave me speechless?"

"I have a few ideas." Her eyes looked up in surprise and I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks. "Read to me?"

In the muggle world, there are stories of mythical creatures. Those who enchant men with a simple song. And although interesting, I never thought them to be true. Neveah makes me wonder what else I had been wrong about.

Page after page, word after word, her voice draws me in. I find myself completely and utterly lost when I am with her. There is no evil, no pain when I'm with her. I feel as though this is exactly where I am supposed to be.

I think I might fall off this very hill when she says my name, checking to see if I'm still paying attention. And of course I am, except for the times I am so completely and utterly lost within her.

I only manage to break away when my eyes fall to the page before me. Graphite creating the work of the gods. Neveah stays immortalized within this piece of paper. Her beauty shining through every corner. Even then I don't think it's possible to capture perfection with mere lead.

"Bloody hell, I think my voice has gone dry." She rolls onto her stomach, setting the book beside her. "What are you working on?"

"Nothing." I smile, shutting the sketchbook.

"Rubbish." She smirks. "Let me see."

"Never." I move the book behind my back.

"Would you rather me use force, Harry Potter?" She corked her head, propping herself up with her arms.

"I don't particularly hate the idea."

Her face flushed pink and I felt my voice catch in my throat. I beat myself in my head for my impulsive words.

But I don't have the time. Neveah has charged with a smile on her face. She wrestled for the notebook in my hand. I stretched my arm as far as I could as she fought against our size difference. Her legs cradled my hips and I fought the urge to bring her closer.

She pressed forward, inching for the notebook. The sudden pressure had my heart racing ten times faster and I begged for her not to notice. Both in panic and strategy, I took her leg from under and rolled on top. My right hand held both her wrists over her head while my left held the book in the air.

Our eyes never left each other as we caught our breath. Her chest rose and fell beneath me, her hands fidgeting but never pushing back. The fire in my hands spread to my entire body and I was sure this was my breaking point.

In the midst of my distraction Neveah swiped the book from my hand.

"You can draw?" She smirked. I slid off beside her, laying on my back next to her. "Harry, this is incredible. I don't think I've ever looked this good in my life."

"Trust me, you have." I felt her eyes shift to me but I kept mine locked to the sky. "It's one of my hobbies. I tried not to give up after becoming a wizard."

"Promise me you'll never stop." She flipped through the hundreds of pages, admiring every one.

"I promise."

We stayed on our backs as the sunset began. The cold would've caused me to shiver if it weren't for her arm pressed against mine. The sky was painted with pinks and oranges and I thought to myself that whoever ruled the world was on my side to let me experience such a perfect day.

I moved my hand off my chest to the small space between us. Hoping that just maybe, a perfect day could be ten times better. Neveah's pinky brushed against mine and I heard the heartbeat beating out of my chest. I intertwined her fingers with mine and she held tighter.

I want to know. I want to know how she feels when she holds my hand. Because to me, it feels like the most natural thing in the world.

I turned my head towards her only to see she had already beat me to it. Her features carried a soft glow from the fading sun. Her eyes shining through the darkness and her lips... her lips teased me. I remembered how incredible they felt against mine. The push and pull for more.

I tried to restrain myself. When my eyes left her lips and back to her eyes, I think I see the same longing I have. Longing to feel that warmth again.

"Will you just kiss me already?" That was my favorite thing she had ever said to me.

My lips brushed hers. Softly, delicately. Just long enough so that I could feel her gasp of a breath. I felt the warmth of her skin, the taste of the fruit still lingering on her lips. How sweet she tasted.

But the fire had reached its peak and I couldn't help myself. I kissed her like she wanted to be kissed. Like no one had ever kissed her before. With our breath hot and aching, we rocked against each other. Seeking the closeness of one breath. The heat rose in my skin as our tongues tangled with one another. Quick and electric one moment, firm and determined the next.

I showed her just how badly I burned for her. How I needed to feel her skin against mine, how easily I lost myself within it. When we pulled apart I ached for more. Both out of breath, not from aggression but passion. I could never get tired from this. Never.

The Crow will return Christmas, December 25th, as of November 9th. Thank you and see you soon :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

783K 29K 97
𝐀 π’πŒπ€π‹π‹ 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓: you are going to die. does this worry you? βͺ tua s1 ⎯⎯⎯ 4 ❫ Β© π™΅π™Έπš…π™΄π™·πš‡πšπ™Άπšπ™΄π™΄πš…π™΄πš‚...
203K 3.4K 171
@brandolover21 on tiktok not proof read, sorry if there's any mistakes <3
1.4M 31.8K 87
It all began in China, In Qing Qing City. There was news that a baby that gave off light was born. Ever since then, superpowers were discovered in va...
348K 12.2K 74
𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐨𝐧𝐞. gilmore girls universe. π™š | B L U E Λ–βΊβ€§β‚ŠΛšβ™‘Λšβ‚Šβ€§βΊΛ– ─── blue eyes like the sea on a cold, rainy day ❝ π˜‰π˜“π˜œπ˜Œ π˜Œπ˜ π˜Œπ˜‹ π˜‰π˜Œπ˜ˆπ˜œπ˜›οΏ½...