Girlfriend For Hire | Haikyuu...

By isesaki

A full-time girlfriend-for-hire job suddenly turns into a reverse harem. - International basketball prodi... More

Girlfriend for Hire
GF-FORHIRE.COM
GF-FORHIRE RULEBOOK
0 | origin
1 | charity case
2 | volleyball with crows
3 | atsumu's girlfriend
4 | guess boy
5 | boyfriend training
6 | the great king
7 | client number two
8 | eclipse
9 | 168 hours
10 | 7:23
11 | for show
12 | kei
13 | just physical therapy
14 | what the cat dragged in
15 | the ceo's niece
16 | mcdonald's
17 | lunch with seijoh
18 | breakfast buddies
19 | jersey
20 | training at tokyo
21 | piggy back ride
22 | tokyo
23 | bookstore girl
24 | japan women's basketball
25 | unladylike
26 | front row seats
27 | toki's
28 | benched
29 | celestial fondness
30 | surprise party
31 | supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
33 | small world
34 | the ics ball
35 | me, her, and the moon
36 | new year
37 | exhibition
38 | karma
39 | youth world '11
40 | fun things
41 | cheer team
42 | heather
43 | boyfriend duties
44 | starwiki-how
45 | clorox and ethyl alcohol
46 | socks
47 | that part was real
48 | cute
49 | my love puts ghibli films to shame
50 | chemistry jokes
51 | spirit and skill
52 | japan's big three
53 | shoyō
54 | three more days
55 | live scandal
56 | twenty-third
57 | new student
58 | nosy
59 | untidy uniform
60 | home economics club
61 | him, her, & the moon
62 | play me
63 | fated encounters
64 | revival
65 | one-man show
66 | five hundred yen
67 | coffee-flavored
68 | bloody valentine's day
69 | normal
70 | girlfriend
71 | for hire
72 | other half
73 | mari-chin
74 | itami
character aesthetics
75 | the miyagi boys
76 | tokyo sports magazine
77 | breakfast with utsui
78 | unexpected arrival
79 | sakusa's cleaning lady
80 | the men's youth team
81 | the scrimmage
82 | seinaru's bet
83 | delirious encounters
84 | uncle tom
85 | chaperones
86 | the prodigal five
87 | the olympic village
88 | may the best man win
89 | everyone's here
90 | breathtaking
91 | keeping up with japan
92 | in this life and the next
93 | all the time in the world
94 | onion rings
95 | white and red
96 | kuroo's big mouth
97 | the grand gesture + edited
98 | lore
99 | kin-kei
100 | chickens
101 | domex
102 | green monster
103 | a tie
104 | send to many
105 | great britain
106 | grovel at my feet
107 | argentina
108 | you're getting weak
109 | i'm not God
110 | or perhaps i am
111 | usa , you won't win
112 | escape
113 | australia
114 | marry me
115 | finals
116 | crippling
117 | burden
118 | weirdos

32 | fancy dinner

2.4K 152 190
By isesaki

THIRTY-TWO. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

"we're going to some kind of fancy dinner tonight!" the light brown haired libero cheered as he opened the door to his cousin's apartment.

"isn't that amazing, omi?"

the black haired boy wasn't the least surprised by his cousin's abrupt visit as it was something the latter did more often than he should, so he got used to it.

sakusa looked at komori's feet and scowled. "take off your shoes."

komori rolled his eyes and shrugged off his shoes before entering his cousin's apartment. "the all-youth coach will be there."

sakusa glanced at his cousin in disinterest.
"it's just kitaki-san."

the libero sweatdropped, "you could at least show a bit of excitement, y'know."

sakusa only rolled his eyes and went back to reading some type of detergent and cleaning equipment magazine.

"besides.." komori hopped on the couch where the germaphobe was, making sakusa scowl at his abrupt disturbance.

"i heard the big man that calls the shots would be there."

sakusa looked up from his magazine. "you said that already— kitaki-san will be at the dinner."

"nope! not him." komori shook his head. "coach hibarida."

sakusa blinked repeatedly, trying to grasp what his cousin just said. the coach of japan's men volleyball team— the league where he wants to play in in the future. he met the coach before, but it was fleeting— formal greeting, and whatnot, but that was just it. a dinner with the coach sounded somewhat appealing. he felt that if he went, he'd be a step closer to the big league.

"also, some big names will be going to this fancy shmancy dinner too. coach even said that if we want to make it to the big league, this dinner's the one-way ticket to it." komori grabbed a bag of chips out of nowhere and started munching on it.

sakusa finally snapped out of his trance and glanced at his cousin. "who else will be there?"

"you mean, what other teams?" komori asked and his cousin nodded.

"fukurodani will be there for sure." the libero started.

sakusa froze at the mention of the academy as he zoned out of komori's spiel. his mind flew back to what he saw earlier that afternoon when he saw komori's supposed basketball idol. stuck in his trance, he wasn't able to hear the rest of the schools that komori was mentioning.

"... and mujinazaka." komori finished off. "i think that's everyone."

"you're going right?" he asked his cousin. "i mean everyone's required to be there but i still gotta ask in case you bail on me."

sakusa blinked as he got back to reality with komori's question. "oh. right."

"awesome." the libero grinned. "i gotta go buy us some suits. you wanna come?"

sakusa's eyes were staring off into space, making the libero shake his head at the boy's antics. he then proceeded to drag the germaphobe outside the apartment to go hunt for suits for the nights christmas dinner.

-

meanwhile, in a bus to tokyo...

"a white suit? really, wakatoshi? this isn't a wedding~" the red head raised an eyebrow at the former ace who was seated at the aisle opposite his.

"the saleslady recommended it." ushiwaka answered.

he vaguely remembers asking the saleslady at the sendai mall what color girls like on boys. not that he was trying to impress anybody— he was just being... prepared. just in case he stumbled upon ymari seinaru in tokyo, at least he'd look good. the boy had come to terms with the slight tingles he felt whenever he and her locked eyes. he figured that there was.. something. he felt something for the girl— but he wasn't entirely sure what. he just knew that whatever it was, he'd like to delve deeper into what it is and see where it goes.

"says the guy who's wearing a black suit with a black bowtie." semi snickered from beside reon. "you look like some secret agent rip-off."

"zip it. none from you mr. yakuza leader wannabe." tendō sassed semi who was wearing a white long sleeve polo with a few buttons undone, paired with designer slacks and formal shoes.

"whatever."

tendō stuck his tongue out at the pinch server and glanced around at the bus. "man, everyone's in tip top shape today, huh?"

he too was in tip-top shape. like ushiwaka, the boy was show-ready. y'know.. just in case a certain basketball player would be at the dinner. however, if by chance she isn't, he most likely will scout the entirety of tokyo just for her to see him in this gorgeous men in black get-up.

"everyone except you if you keep shouting, tendō." coach washijo quipped, making the middle blocker zip his mouth shut as he stiffly leaned back on his seat beside kawanishi.

"sir, sorry, sir!"

-

lounge room, the oikawa residence

"it's invitational, loserkawa."

"what's that supposed to mean?" the great king sassed as he dropped the tens of shopping bags he was holding onto the floor of his home's lounge room where he called for an apparent emergency meeting with the seijoh team.

iwaizumi facepalmed. "only those who were invited can go."

oikawa tilted his head to the left in confusion. "i don't follow."

"you're the only one who can go to this fancy dinner. none of us were invited but you." the vice captain explained.

"eh?" oikawa pouted. "i already rented all of our formal wear. it would be a waste if we didn't all go."

everyone paused.

".. with your money right?" hanamaki asked.

"what?"

"you rented these suits with your money, right captain?" mattsukawa carefully chose his words.

when their captain remained silent, their eyes widened.

"idiot! that was the club's budget for new equipment next year!" iwaizumi chopped the back of the captain's head. "you said you'd protect it with your life!"

"ittei, ittei iwa-chan!" the great king laughed whilst flinching in pain. "at least now you guys have no choice but to go, right?"

every seijoh player sweatdropped— even mad dog. oh boy.

-

volleyball gym, karasuno high school

"ehhh?! how come bakageyama's the only one invited?" hinata whined as he rolled over the floors of the karasuno gym.

it was the 24th of december when takeda called for an emergency meeting about the schedule for the coming spring nationals, and discussed the abrupt invitation he had received on behalf of kageyama.

"yeah, why not all of us?" nishinoya argued.

"i'm afraid that the invitation is only for the all-youth participants and the other big names in the volleyball world." takeda sweatdropped.

kageyama blinked as he thought of what would happen— he had to go to an abrupt trip to tokyo. the travel was long, but if he rode on a bullet train he'd be able to get there fast before the dinner started— the boy wasn't worried about his clothes. his sister was in tokyo, she can help him find something. his mind flew to ymari— the girl is in tokyo. maybe he could call her to meet up somewhere while he's there. suddenly, the setter was excited about this trip.

"so unfair!" tanaka cried anime tears.

tsukishima rolled his eyes at the second years' antics. "worse than children."

but deep down he was irked by the fact that kageyama would get to be in the same city as ymari that evening.

"is there any other way we could go?" nishinoya asked, a glimmer of hope still in his eyes.

takeda mulled over the question for a few seconds. "there is one way.."

-

in a bus to tokyo, reaching city proper in t minus 1 hour

"are we there yet?"

"for the thirty-seventh time atsumu, no, we ain't in tokyo yet." kita scolded the setter.

atsumu pouted as he crossed his arms over his chest with a huff. "tis' been ages!"

"no shit, tis' suit's starting ta' itch." ginjima adjusted his collar.

"no one told you to wear a grandpa suit." suna snickered.

"hey, this ain't a grandpa suit!" the boy in a vintage styled suit argued. "'sides, ye're not one ta' talk, ye're underdressed!"

suna glanced at his clothes. a white button up shortsleeve dress shirt with a few buttons undone, his black tie resting around his shoulders flimsily, his black slacks hugging his thighs and legs perfectly, and his designer shoes adorning his feet.

he just rolled his eyes. "whatever."

he pursed his lips, deep in thought as he imagined scenarios wherein he and ymari would meet by chance in tokyo— he heard from the piss haired idiot that the girl was training there.

"hey 'samu." the piss haired twin whisper-called his brother who was literally right beside him.

"what?" osamu, who was wearing a gray vest over a long sleeve white dress shirt and some black slacks with formal shoes looked at his twin.

"ya' think she'll be there?" he whispered giddily.

"who?"

atsumu's cheeks lightly flushed as he said in a hushed tone. "ya' know, me' girlfriend."

osamu looked at his brother who got all giddy for a second before answering. "dunno'. tokyo's a huge place."

"no, i mean. what if she's at the dinner?"

"that's far-fetched." he looked away. "but if she's there, then it might be destiny or something."

he meant it as a joke but his twin seemed to get really into it.

atsumu glanced out the bus' window with a faraway look on his face. "destiny.. huh."

suna, who was behind them the whole time frowned as he looked out the window.

'right.' he internally scoffed as he thought about the perplexing contact name that called the girl during one inarizaki practice she attended— client #2, which he still hadn't figured out. 'destiny.'

-

aoyama's suit rental, fromage mall, tokyo

"kuroo are we required to go?" kenma pulled on kuroo's sleeve.

the middle blocker glanced down at the setter, "yeah. everyone will be there."

he frowned. he wanted to hang out with ymari today but they were called for an emergency meeting about some kind of stupid dinner some big volleyball personalities were invited to. apparently, since tokyo was the host, the spring nationals participants of the city were mandated to come.

he was still pouty about that. he would have preferred to spend christmas eve with ymari. the experience would have been enthralling, but here he was, in a suit rental with kuroo and the rest of nekoma.

kuroo noticed the frown on the setter's face. he sweatdropped. 'i guess i'll have to deal with grumpy kenma at tonight's dinner.'

"you can just sit in a corner. we won't stop you from playing your games there." kuroo added.

kenma looked at his childhood friend. "whatever."

-

penthouse suite iii,  hotel de venice, tokyo

"unnan, don't pull my shirt." nozomu mami grunted in discomfort.

"it's an unknown place. a lil' birdie has to cling on to his mama, y'know?" the middle blocker sassed.

"i still don't get why we had to fly all the way to tokyo for some stupid dinner." mami complained.

"yeah. it's stupid." keisuke unnan agreed.

the mujinazaka team was inside their humongous hotel room with bunk beds. they already checked in, as they arrived a few hours ago. they were now getting ready for the dinner that was a few hours away.

michiru usuri rolled his eyes at the two middle blockers. "we would have went to tokyo either way. our spring nationals start next week, we just happened to travel earlier."

unnan tch'ed, glancing at wakatsu kiryū, "hey kiryū-kun, ya' excited for this dinner thingy?"

the ace glanced at his teammate, "yes."

unnan took one look at the ace's stoic face and sweatdropped. "you sure don't look like you are."

he then looked at usuri, "hey usu-kun, your ex is in tokyo too, right?"

usuri froze, abruptly stopping the buttoning of his dark blue dress shirt. "not a word, unnan."

the middle blocker grinned, "hey i wonder if she'll be at the dinner too!"

"impossible." haruma bishin, the libero shook his head. "ichi plays basketball, you won't see her in a volleyball gathering for shit."

"she never even went to a single one of usuri's games when they were still together!" subaru hondo, one of the spikers, snickered.

usuri frowned as he finished buttoning up his shirt. "shut up."

he glanced at kiryū, "what about you, kiryū-kun? you planning to see ryuguji-san?"

the ace looked at his setter with his lips in a flat line. "only if she wants to see me."

the room suddenly turned silent, before it was broken by the twin towers of mujinazaka.

"hey i wonder if there are any hot chicks there~" unnan cheered.

"i bet you 500 yen i'll get more numbers than you!" mami proposed.

"you're on!"

-

fushiguro's suit rental, gojo mall, tokyo

"hey 'kaashi, trout gray or mink gray?" bokuto presented two gray suits to akaashi, who looked like he was ready to end his life with the amount of time they were taking at the suit rental.

"trout is a best-seller, sir." the saleslady smiled.

bokuto frowned, "i want to be one of a kind."

the saleslady sweatdropped a the hard-to-please customer. "i—"

"there are over fifty shades of gray 'kaashi! how do i choose?" the ace dramatically sighed as he slumped against the wall of the fitting room.

"bokuto-san, they're all gray." the setter bluntly replied. then, he thought of something. "besides, your girlfriend won't see you there so i don't think your clothing choice would matter."

the ace brightened. "you're right, 'kaashi! i shouldn't dress up all fancy at all! my girlfriend might think i'm trying to impress someone else if she finds out!"

he looked at the saleslady, "i'm afraid i do not like any of these options. i love my grilfriend and she might think i'm cheating if i wear your suits, goodbye!"

he then made a dramatic exit, slamming the door to the boutique inside the mall rather loudly.

akaashi sweatdropped and looked at the saleslady apologetically. "we'll take the trout gray and anchor gray please."

the saleslady brightened and checked out the order.

-

lounge room, penthouse suite i, hotel de venice, tokyo

"utsui, is it really necessary for me to go?" the boy asked over the phone.

"well.." utsui trailed off as she glanced at all of her teammates who were getting prepped for the dinner by some fancy make-up artists and stylists that the japan national youth basketball team had sponsored.

"everyone's supposed to bring a date." she said. "my friend doesn't have one."

it was true. all the nippon girls— even those who went home were called back— were in the room and were getting ready for the dinner-turned ball that ics was hosting. apparently, due to some business related stuff, the dinner turned into something more formal than just eating and chatting. gowns and dresses were involved, much to the nippon team's distaste.

"what the fuck?! you ain't putting that thing on me!" ryuguji fell back on the chair as the makeup artist went to put foundation on her earlier.

"hey, i'm hot as fuck, ain't i?" jordan winked at takemichi seductively.

"yes darling!" takemichi grinned at the purple-haired girl's outfit. "someone's getting pu—,"

"tmi!" nozomi covered her ears as the makeup artist went to put lipstick on her.

utsui shook her head at the chaos in the shared lounge-turned makeup room.

fortunately, the girls were permitted to wear suits if they wanted to. they were also required to bring dates, so most of them just paired up. jordan was with utsui, with jordan wearing the suit. nozomi was with inosuke, with nozomi in the suit. takemichi was with ryuguji, with the green-haired girl in the suit. chiyo was with tomiko, with tomiko in the suit. and lastly, ichigo was with hanuka— well, both of them were in suits.

i think it's obvious who didn't have a date.

"utsui—"

"nii-chan~ please! you're in the area so i don't see why you shouldn't go." utsui pulled the little sister card.

there was a sigh on the other end. "fine. what's the theme?"

"just formal." utsui sing-songed as she glanced around the room, spotting a familiar ravenette whose hair was being styled by a random stylist.

"oh, and it's a masquerade dinner." she spotted her friend's clothing color scheme.

"white. wear a white suit and a mask."

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━
a/n:
IS EVERYBODY READY FOR THE CHAOS?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 50 33
|| THIS FANFIC WAS INSPIRED BY ONE OF THE SAME NAME BY @KITASBUBBA WHICH WAS UNFORTUNATELY DISCONTINUED || "i guess you have wrong timing." • DESCRIP...
2.2M 89K 37
After saving you from a stalker, Volleyball player Kei Tsukishima, offers you a pretend relationship to completely throw off your dangerous admirer. ...
212K 6.2K 35
It's your first day on the job and your troublesome boss isn't make it easy... I do not own the characters. All characters belong to Haruichi Furudat...
37.4K 1.1K 36
Pure cute ✨chaos✨ with none other than Oikawa Toru! In a world where you're Kuroo's sister AND you go to college with the hottest fictional character...