Interception (Book 6)

Oleh Dijah_Love

Four years into the future, about to graduate college, Aliyah and Marcus have both created new lives for them... Lebih Banyak

Interception
~INTRO
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Authors Note
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 (Part 1)
Chapter 34 (Part 2)
Authors Note
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 (Part 1)
Chapter 50 (Part 2)
Chapter 51
Authors Note:Quick Vent
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58 (PART 1)
Chapter 58 (PART 2)
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 70 (PART 1)
Chapter 70 (PART 2)
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85

Chapter 69 | The Prelude

6.2K 335 145
Oleh Dijah_Love

TWO MONTHS LATER

Aliyah P.O.V.

I placed my bag up on my shoulder, as I rushed out of Dr.Kelly's office.

"Aliyah, hurry up, we don't have all day,"

I smiled a little to myself once I seen mama parked out front of the office.

"I'm coming, sorry," I jogged over to the car, pulling open the passenger seat door.

"Sorry," I started as I slid into my seat. "Dr.Kelly and I went a little over time today,"

"I see," mama said, looking over at me. "How was your session today?"

I buckled my seatbelt, nodding my head. "Good, she's flying home for the holidays, so we were just talking about our plans and stuff,"

Mama smirked. "Well hopefully y'all got a chance to talk about other things too,"

I chuckled. "We did,"

I leaned back into my seat, pulling my compact mirror out of my purse. I flipped it open, checking out my hair in the mirror.

"Your hair looks fine," mama said, keeping her eyes on the road.

I chuckled a little, before closing my mirror. "Sorry.....I'm just not used to the short hair thing yet,"

"I get it," she started. "I cut my hair back in my twenties, it took me a minute to get used too but I ended up loving it,"

I smiled a little bit, looking over at her. "What? I never knew that, why'd you cut it?"

She sighed. "For a fresh start,"

I was going through a lot with your father, and when I thought I was I was done him, I ended up cutting my hair to feel as if I was starting fresh, but we all see how that ended," she slightly chuckled, shaking her head.

"As my hair grew back, so did my feelings for your father apparently,"

My smile widened. "How many times did you and daddy break up before you got married? Cause it really seems like you had a dysfunctional relationship,"

Mama laughed as she turned out of Dr.Kelly's parking lot. "Dysfunctional is a understatement,"

"But that's old news and way behind us thankfully, actually you're probably too young to remember this, but we separated for a little bit when you were about five I think,"

I sat back in my seat, thinking. "Mmmm no I don't remember that, but wow.....you and daddy have a history......hopefully you weren't cutting your hair off each time y'all two went through something,"

She laughed. "Oh no, if I did that, I would've been bald child, trust me, but anyways, your haircut is very cute baby, you wear it well,"

"Thanks mama,"

I smiled a little to myself, as I leaned back into the passenger seat, getting comfortable. "So where are we going anyway?" I asked, looking out the window.

"Well,"

"Since Christmas Eve is right around the corner, I need to start getting prepared for the family Christmas party,"

I frowned a little. "This late?? I thought you normally prepare like months in advance?"

"Two months to be exact, and I have, these are just last minute errands I have to run, you know, to put some final touches on things, so that's why you're here with me, to keep me company while I do that,"

"And daddy wasn't available?"

She smacked her lips together, rolling her eyes. "You know your father hates running errands with me, especially when it involves going to multiple grocery stores,"

"This is true," I said in a laugh. "But alright, I'm here so I can't leave now, so what do I need to help you with,"

"Not too much," she started. "I just need your help getting the things I have on my list, which actually isn't a lot since I'm only making a few dishes this year, I've decided to cater for this Christmas."

Both of my brows shot up. "Really? That's surprising, why the change? You don't like cooking for us no more?"

She chuckled. " I'll always love cooking for y'all, especially you and AJ, but I've just noticed that I spend alot of time in the kitchen making most of the meals and desserts, and I'm missing out on spending time with my friends and family.......Stasia's passing has made me reflect on a lot of things, and I don't want to miss out on any more moments with the people I love,"

I softly smiled. "......This will be our first Christmas party without her.....it just feels weird......did you invite Tony?"

"I did," she said in a sigh. "Tony will be coming with Amara, and your absolutely right, it is weird....I miss her everyday, but I know she'll be with us in spirit,"

"I know," I said lowly.

"But in other news," mama said, most likely changing the subject so she wouldn't get emotional.

"How are you feeling? Now with the court date being set to the end of January....how are you feeling?"

I took a big deep breath, nodding my head. "I'm okay.......nervous, but overall I'm ready for it....I'm ready to face Ronnie, and everything else,"

Her brows slightly raised. "Wow, that's the first I've heard you say that...I guess these sessions with Dr.Kelly have really been paying off."

"They have," I said in a sigh. "So much so, that I've been thinking about something lately,"

"And what's that?" Mama asked as she pulled up to a red light.

".....Dr.Kelly and I have been talking about me figuring out my truth and being able to walk in it for the past few months, and now that I've came to the realization of a few things..... I think it's time for me to share that,"

She nodded slowly, motioning for me to continue. "Mhm, and what does that mean exactly?"

"Well," I started. "I'm not officially back on social media......but I did make a burner account on Instagram and Twitter just to read what's been out there and it's just so many lies out still about everything that happened a few months back,"

Mama sighed. "I thought we agreed that you would stay off social media and focus on your healing? You were doing so well with that, why the change?"

"Because," I started. "Since starting my therapy with Dr. Kelly, I've realized that I'm not afraid of my truth anymore mama. I've cared way too much about others and their feelings and thoughts about me and my life for way too long.....I need to start living for me, and that's why I'm having Derek look into setting up a interview for me after court,"

Mama frowned. "Derek? Your father's publicist?? How'd you get in contact with him? And a interview? A interview with who?"

I sighed. "I DM'd him, and spoke to him over FaceTime to confirm I wasn't lying about who I was..... I asked him to not tell you or daddy since it was something that I wanted to tell you two myself when the time was right....and, I don't know who the interview will be with, but he already knows who's off limits to me."

She sighed, taking a deep breath.

"This is something I have to do mama," I started. "I know it may be something that you and daddy don't agree with, but like I said..... I really have to start living for me, and doing what I want to do....and I've decided to start by doing this interview.....no matter what the verdict is with the case, I'm doing it.....for me."

Mama glanced over at me, giving me a small smile. "..... I don't agree with you doing a interview about all of this.....but I am so proud of you for wanting too.....your father and I will support you, regardless of how we feel about it......I just hope you're ready for whatever comes after that interview is aired,"

"I am," I started. "I'm ready mama......I really am,"

She stared at me for a few more seconds before nodding her head. "I see it in your eyes.....I believe you........do whatever you think is best for you baby.....and I'll be right behind you."

I smiled. "Thank you,"

Marcus P.O.V.

"We just want to let you know, that the organization will be coming to a final decision on this trade business right after the holidays,"

I swallowed hard, sitting up in my seat. "I know I speak for everyone here when I say that there's no denying that you would really be an asset to our team, your work on the field really speaks for itself."

I nodded. "Thank you,"

"We do have things to discuss as a group, but you can expect a call from us sometime in January, until then, we hope that you have a happy holiday Mr. Richmond, and a safe flight home,"

I smiled, shaking the hands of everyone at the table with me. "Same goes for all of you, thank you for your time,"

I buttoned one button on my suit and followed Jared out of the conference room we were in.

Once we made it out on the elevator, I leaned up against the wall, taking a deep breath.

"That couldn't have went any better," Jared said, looking down at his watch. "And we still have a good amount of time to get to the airport.....I think those cookies you brought, put you over the edge, good job."

I chuckled. "Don't thank me, thank my mama, she made them, and it was her idea for me to bring them,"

"Well tell Ms. Richmond that she's smart, and I got a job for her if she's interested."

I chuckled. "Whatever, but look, I wanna swing by a store real quick before head back to the airport, I wanna pick up something for my daughter real quick."

He nodded. "Alright, you take uber, I'll take the car back to the hotel and get out bags, I'll meet you at the terminal,"

"Ight cool,"

Delilah P.O.V.

I walked into my bathroom, stepping up to the counter.

I placed the pregnancy test that was in my hand beside me on the counter, as butterflies began to fill my stomach.

My period had only been a few days late, so I was hoping I wasnt jumping the gun testing so soon, but I needed to know.

I wiggled my phone out of my pocket, checking the time.

"Two more minutes," I said in a sigh.

My phone vibrated in my hand, automatically causing me to roll my eyes once I seen Mario's name appear on my screen.

I'd been dodging his calls and texts and offers to chill ever since I started my deal with Ronnie, and I was hoping he could take a hint, but sadly I should've known better.

All I knew, was if he kept blowing up my phone as much as he was, I was going to have to do something to get him off my back, but right now, all my focus needed to be on this potential baby.

I sat my phone back down and turned my head to the left, looking down at the test beside me. "Alright.....moment of truth,"

I took a deep breath, before slowly bringing up the test to eye level, as a huge smile spread across my lips, once I read the words "pregnant" across the panel screen.

"Finally," I said in a sigh of relief.

I hopped off the counter, tossing the test in the trash, before picking up my phone again.

I quickly dialed a number, placing my phone to my ear.

Once they picked up, I leaned into the counter, smiling. "Hey it's me,"

"It's done, I did it,"

My smile grew a little bit more, as I began to feel more proud of myself.

"It's not over yet though," I started again. "Now that my work is done, I'm gonna send you the information, but I need you to hold it until I finish the second phase.....that shouldn't take me as long, maybe just a few days. But, I don't plan on making any moves with any of this until after Christmas, so promise me you can hold on to what I'm going to give you until then,"

Once I heard him promise, my smile grew even more.

"Good......I'm sending over the stuff now....I'll be in touch soon,"

I hung up the phone, feeling satisfied.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Short chapter I know, I'm moving in two weeks and have been busy as hell, but the next two chapters are gonna be ittttttt

Vote/Comment!!

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

230K 7.5K 47
all of time and space, all the possibilities, all of the unknown. that's what she was in the doctor's eyes. every possibility, every unknown. she was...
28.2K 3.5K 39
ู„ุง ูŠูŽุฑูŽุงู‡ูŽุง ูููŠ ุงู„ูˆูŽุงู‚ูุนุŒ ู„ูŽูƒูู† ู„ูŽุง ุจูŽุฃุณู’ ุจูู€ุนูุจูˆุฑ ุณูุชุฉู ุฃุจูˆุงุจู ู„ู„ู‚ูŽุงุกู‡ู . " ู„ูŽุฏูŠูƒู ุฃู…ู†ูŠูŽุฉ ูˆูŽุงุญูุฏุฉุŒ ู„ูŽูƒู†ู’ ู„ุง ุชู†ุณู ุฃู† ุนู„ูŠูƒู ุฏูŽูุน ุซูŽู…ู†ู‡ูŽุง " _ ูƒููŠู… ุชูŽุงูŠ...
6.3K 78 19
It's a normal day in paradise and the pink corruption was finally gone but a new threat comes to this wonderful place. Can Blixer Cyan Cube and the o...
1M 40K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...