Sign of the Times | Liam Dunb...

By f4brays

β€·β˜…π”°π”¦π”€π”« 𝔬𝔣 𝔱π”₯𝔒 𝔱𝔦π”ͺ𝔒𝔰 "I fell in a hole." "Yeah, I know. You pulled me down with you." β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’ TEE... More

Sign of the Times
Back to the Future
New Kid
The Vixen
Wolf and the Fox
Killers on the Field
Wells and Anchors
Scared
Bonfires and Gasoline
Badass
A Good Something
Just Breathe
Temple of Doom
Coming Home
Gum Girl
Intense
The Language Trick
Kitsune DNA
Oblivious and Alone
You Have A Visitor
Oh Mercury
The Supermoon
Nemeton Hunters
Family Troubles
Charlie's Angles
All Over Again
Help A Friend
Not Like Us
Work with the Enemy
Broken Nose
Best Date Yet
The Little One
Party Hour
Bullet Wounds
Radio Static
I Hate That Guy
Be Polite
Wake Up
Horseback Riding
Leave Your Mark
Not Alone
The Rat King
On Our Own
As Good As Us
I Can Heal You
Rumors
Clark Kent
Someone to Trust
Believable
Bloody Hands
The Anuk-ite
The Voice
Turned to Stone
Hiding Something
Doomsday
Part Two: The Movie
Phone Home
Old Friends
Reunited
Deja Vu
Stuck in Time
Fox Fire
A Question

Good Enough

2.8K 139 67
By f4brays

Melanie watched tiredly as Scott kissed Kira in the desert. Kira was leaving with the skin walkers and Melanie wanted to say by before she left. "Okay, can you guys please stop kissing? I want to say bye to my sister." Melanie groaned, fanning herself as the three of them stood in the hot sun.

Scott and Kira laughed, pulling away. Kira turned around to Melanie, sending her a small lopsided smile before pulling her into a hug. Melanie felt a small pang of sadness as she hugged her sister. "You don't have to do this." She mumbled, unconsciously hugging Kira tighter.

Kira frowned at Melanie, pulling away but keep both of her hands on Mel's shoulders. "I made a deal with them. And I need to. It's not for mom or dad. It's for me." Melanie nodded, looking down slightly. "I know. How long is it going to take?"

Kira shrugged, shaking her head. "As long as it takes." She said before her eyes grew wide in realization.

"I found this. In the tunnels." Kira said, digging into her pocket and pulling out a small, slightly shinny and skinny rock shaped almost like a dagger. She placed into Mel's hand and smiled. "When you threw the cane, it hit the wall and knock a chunk off. Its obsidian. It's your first tail."

Melanie looked down at the rock with wide eyes, holding  up closer to her face as a small laughed escaped her lips. "Awesome..." She breathed out before looking up at Kira. Before the older girl could process it, Melanie was pulling Kira into another hug but she slowly hugged back.

"I love you." Melanie mumbled into Kira's shoulder and Kira smiled, pulling away. "Love you too, sis."

With that, Kira slowly started to walk away from Scott and Melanie. A big cloud formed in front of her before the Skin-walkers appeared. Once Kira got close enough, they slammed their staffs into the ground. The dust went away and so did the Skin-walkers and Kira.

Scott wrapped an arm around Melanie, grabbing her shoulder and shaking it slightly. "Let's head home." He mumbled, pulling her to the Jeep where Stiles and Liam were waiting for them.

As they walked, Melanie shook her head, looking up at Scott. "One more stop."

...

Melanie slowly got out of the Jeep as she stood in front of Beacon Hills' local hotel. Where her parents were staying. She felt frozen. Her brain was screaming at her to move her legs and to go inside and talk to her parents but her feet wouldn't move.

"You sure you want to do this?" Scott asked, leaning out of the passenger side window by his elbow slightly. Stiles leaned over him, looking out the window to look at the girl. "Yeah, Belle's just over at your guys' house if you want to go pick her up for moral support or something."

"I'm here." Liam groaned at Stiles, sticking his head between the two front seats, making Stiles roll his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Liam glared at the boy before sticking his head out the backseat window so his head was next to Melanie's.

The girl took a big breath, making Liam nod. "You got this. We'll be right here when you're done." He muttered, turning his head to kiss her cheek before fully going back into the car.

Melanie took in a deep breath, shutting her eyes. "I got this." She muttered to herself before she opened her eyes again and started walking into the hotel.

Melanie had the hopes of talking to her parents before they left to New York again. She didn't want to leave with them of course but she wanted them to know what they had put her through.

She felt as if their love for her had run out as their love for Kira kept growing. She didn't blame Kira but a small part of her felt as if she wasn't good enough.

When she had talked to Kira about it, the older sister of the two tried to clarify as much as possible that Melanie was great and good enough and that their parents love for them was equal but Melanie just never believed it.

A small ding from the bell from the door opening startled her slightly but she continued walking, wanting to get what she was about to do over with.

Kira had told her the day prior the room their parents had been staying in. Room 621. It didn't help Melanie much that the room number happened to be Kira's birthday as well.

She stood in front of the bronze door worriedly. She flicked the hair tie around her wrist a few times, trying to decide if she should actually do what she wanted or not. With one last second flick of the rubber band, she used all her courage to lift her hand and knock on the door but just before she could, the door opened.

Melanie's eyes went wide as she took a step back. Ken Yukimura looked at his youngest daughter with wide eyes, a faint and shocked smile on his lips. "Mel?"

The young girl felt a switch go off in her brain. Something telling her to run up to her dad and hug him but her eyes traveled down the mans side and the switch turned back off when she noticed the suitcase in his hand.

"What did you say Ken?" Melanie could hear her mother say from inside the room. Melanie's face fell as she pulled her lips into a line. Ken frowned at his daughter, not answering his wife's question, making her walk towards the door.

"Melanie." Noshiko breathed out in shock. Melanie swallowed the lump in her throat, holding her head higher.

"I wanted to talk to you guys before you left again." Melanie said, already feeling her throat clench. Both parents looked down at the floor, making Melanie clench her jaw, continuing.

"I just wanted to say thank you." Melanie said. Noshiko and Kens heads shot up to look at the their youngest, her once numb expression turned into a slightly angrier look. "Thank you for helping me realize I have better people in my life then the ones that raised me."

"Mel-" Ken began but Melanie cut him off. "The Dread Doctors kidnapped me. I was gone for 24 hours and you guys left while I was gone. I only ever got what? Two phone calls from Dad and I didn't even know you guys were back in town until Kira showed up to Scott's house!"

Noshiko turned to Ken for a second but the man continued to stare at his daughter, making the woman turn back to the girl as well. Melanie took a deep breath as she threw her hands into her back pockets. "The McCalls have been great by the way. I have my own room and they even let Belle stay over any time she needs to which you guys rarely did by the way." The girl snapped, feeling a small amount of weight leave her shoulders.

"Thank you for what you guys did for me and I hope you have fun in New York explaining to our old neighbors why both of your daughters didn't come back with you." Melanie spat before turning and walking down the hallway.

It was quiet as she walked, almost as if the two adults were still processing what she had said. Just as she turned the corner, she could hear one of her parents call out to her but she ignored them, continuing to walk.

As much relief the girl felt, tears started to run down her face the farther she got from her parents. She continued to tell herself to 'keep her head high' as she walked and only wiped her tears once she reached the outside of the hotel.

The three boys in the car instantly knew Melanie was crying; the two wolves noticing the smell of her chemo-signals besides looking at the tears in her face.

Melanie climbed into the backseat of the car as if nothing were wrong as the three boys turned to her. A small sense of panic ran through the girls chest as she shrugged. "What?" She asked, her voice slightly nasally from her stuffy nose.

Scott and Stiles looked at each other for a few seconds before silently deciding to let the girl be and let her tell them when she was ready, making Stiles start to drive. Melanie swallowed the lump in her throat and reached for Liams hand without even having to look.

...

When the four got back to the McCall house, they found Belle asleep on the couch. Stiles frowned at the girl, pointing at her while looking at Melanie. "Well, she would've been awake if she came with us."

Scott and Liam both gave Stiles warning looks, making his eyes go wide as he shook his head, turning back to Melanie. "S-Sorry." Melanie shook her head as if to say it's okay before she walked up the stairs without a second thought.

Liam watched her with wide eyes, he turned to Scott and Stiles, both of them nodding their heads after her, trying to silently telling him to follow her. Liams eyes went wide, quickly running after Melanie to find her already in her room. He slowly walked in and saw Melanie already lying down in her bed.

At the sound of him walking in, Melanie lifted her head and opened her arms out to have him join her. Liam frowned, walking towards the bed and immediately climbing in with her. As soon as he hit the mattress, Melanie snaked her arms around his waist, and rested her head on his chest.

Melanie, feeling Liam's eyes on her, sighed, hugging him tighter. "I did it... I did it and it feels good but a small part of me still feels like bad. Like I shouldn't have done it." Melanie mumbled.

Liam frowned, wrapping his arms around Melanie tighter as his head fell on the top of her head. "They were never treating you fairly compared to Kira. You deserve so much better than that. And you deserved to tell them how you felt. If you ever want to reach out to them, that's okay. I'll be right by your side. And so will Belle, and Mason, Corey, Hayden, and if you really need me to... we'll get Brett here too."

Melanie's eyes went wide as she looked at Liam, a joking smile growing on her face. "Really?! You'll call Brett to help?"

Liam scoffed, rolling his eyes and shaking his head, making Melanie laugh. She grabbed the edge of his chin and turned him to face her. "I'm kidding."

Liam smiled down at Melanie, kissing his lips before hugging her tighter. "I know."

The two sat in silence for a little bit before Melanie looked up at him. "But if I do need them, I'll need Lori too." Liam smiled, nodding. "And we'll get Lori too."

—Melliam=the cutest ship
MEL AND THE TALBOT SIBLINGS APPRECIATION 😩
also i posted a mel and liam edit on tiktok if y'all want to check it out...👀 my user is lonely_sxcker

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 5K 22
𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋 ━━ βœ§Λ–*. | ❝I'm not here to turn people good. I'm here to keep people from getting killed. ❞ | βœ§Λ–*. Faye was an angel sent from above to h...
560K 34.2K 98
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
807 103 17
[π‰π”π‹πˆπ„ & 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππ‡π€ππ“πŽπŒπ’ π’π„π€π’πŽπ 𝟐] π–£”π–£”π–£”π–£”π–£” the band is back, but it's only the beginning. includes slowburn romances, new band...
301K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc