We'll Go Down In History

By elenaxriddle

After a time-traveling trip gone wrong, Hope returns to a reality where the Mikaelsons are the gods of the su... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62

Chapter 9

8.8K 328 21
By elenaxriddle

This book is now at 1K reads!! 

Thank you for getting this book to over 1000 reads in just 9 days, especially to those of you who voted and commented :)

Here's an extra long chapter for you guys :D

Hope's pov

"Not a witch!" Lizzie says loudly, causing Kol to hesitate for a split second. Lizzie gives her wrist a little flick, and Kol goes flying across the entire room. I stare at Lizzie, and she gapes at her own hands, in awe of what she's just done.

"Not a witch?" Kol says with a sneer, as he picks himself back up and lunges for us. 

I don't even have to lift a finger- Lizzie does it all for me. With her newfound powers, she magically lifts Kol off the ground by his neck, causing him to flail around as he gasps for air.

"Not a witch," Lizzie nods with a satisfied smirk on her face. 

Suddenly, black veins erupt across the side of her face, and she loses focus. Kol comes crumpling down onto the ground, as Lizzie falls to her knees. She clutches at her head and groans in pain- right before Kol vamp-races over to her, and snaps her neck in two.

I stay where I am, my jaw dropped in surprise from all that's happened within the past two minutes.

"Heretic," Kol grumbles, then stares down at Lizzie curiously.

"And what about you?" Kol asks me. 

I clear my throat. "I don't think you'd believe me, even if I told you," I say simply.

Kol gives a demonic laugh. "But of course. What else did I expect to wake up to, after spending decades in that cursed box?" he says, with the shake of his head.

"You know, I'm feeling quite parched. Why don't you just stay here, darling, and I'll make sure to be back before my brute of a brother wakes up," Kol says, as he rushes for the door.

"Praecludo," I say, as I raise my hand in the air. The door locks itself shut, and Kol gives an angry snarl. 

"Not the best idea you could have had, love," he says, as black veins begin to erupt across his face uncontrollably, "You see, trapping yourself in a room with a vampire who hasn't fed in over thirty years usually leads to unwanted consequences."

Kol races towards me and sticks his fangs in the side of my neck. I let him, not even letting out so much as a scream before he collapses onto the ground, his blood system overfilled with werewolf toxins.

Without a single moment of hesitance, I race over to Lizzie, lift her up, and begin to carry her out of the room. 

Heading into this town in the first place was a mistake. We should have tried to figure out a way back to our time the moment we landed here. Meeting my dad and my uncle was the worst possible thing I could have done. It's a miracle I'm still left existing after all of this.

It's only after I reach the empty living room of this giant mansion that I realize- I need to go back and dagger Kol. I can't have him going off on a blood binge in this century.

"Sano Resurrecturus," I mutter, as I place my hands on Lizzie's chest. 

Lizzie awakes with a gasp. 

"Get to Josie, and meet me outside," is all I say before racing back downstairs again. 

The door to the basement flies open when I kick it with my right foot. I locate the dagger where I left it before, and am about to stick it back into Kol's heart when-

I begin to gasp for air as strong hands grab me by my throat from behind. My feet swing around wildly as I flail in every direction I can. I finally manage to jerk my arm back, causing my elbow to smash into my dad's face. 

He throws me down onto the floor, and I yell, "Vados!" 

The rocks making up the walls surrounding us hurl themselves at my dad's head, giving me enough time to race out of the door.

"Lizzie!" I scream, as I burst out of the staircase. 

"We're here," Lizzie says, as she vamp-races back into the room, with an unconscious Josie in her arms. Blood covers her entire body, and she looks to me in absolute terror. 

"Hope, I can't control my powers-" 

"Later," I yell, as I grab her by the wrist and aim a kick at the large window in the room. It shatters open, and I begin to climb through it.

"Come on!" I say, as I pull Josie's body through. 

Lizzie has just begun to climb up, when all of a sudden, the door to the staircase is ripped off its hinges. My dad, whose face is covered in his own blood, heads straight for us- Lizzie screams in pain when I roughly grab her wrists and yank her through the window, causing the shards of glass to cut into her waist.

"Go!" I shout, as I throw Josie into Lizzie's arms. "Back to the hilltop where we came from! Move it!"

She vamp races away, and I begin to run with all my might. I already know that the odds aren't in my favor- a wolf can't outrun a vampire! 

But I run nonetheless, and change into my full wolf form as I do so. 

I leap through the snowy paths, my four feet stampeding across the empty streets with so much speed that I'm barely aware of the scenery changing around me. The full moon that has risen up in the air powers me, allowing me to move with immense speed and agility. 

I actually begin to have hope that I may be able to escape my dad- after all, unlike wolves, a vampire's speed doesn't work across long distances.

Wait- A vampire's speed doesn't work across long distances. 

Especially if that vampire is lugging her unconscious sister's body along as well.

Lizzie.

I stop in my tracks and turn around. I've reached the edge of town, and yet... Lizzie's footsteps are nowhere to be seen. 

She's still back there.

How could I have been so stupid? Lizzie may have vampires for friends, but that doesn't mean she knows how to fully wield the powers that come along with being one! I just asked her to use her newfound abilities to race across the length of an entire town... Oh god. Where the hell is she?

My heightened senses pick up on the sound of screaming. Without so much as a second thought, I race towards where the shouts are coming from.

"No! Don't kill her, please, just leave her alone," Lizzie screams. 

I stick to the shadows, making sure not to make much noise. In the middle of the open square, my dad is holding the still unconscious Josie with one hand wrapped around her throat and the other gripping her head. 

The perfect position to snap her neck in two. 

But unlike me or Lizzie, Josie doesn't have vampire blood running through her veins... If my dad kills her, she will die. For good.

"Bring your wolf friend here, and perhaps I'll allow your sister to live another day," my dad says, heaving in and out from the effort of having tried to chase me. 

I gracefully jump in through the window of a nearby bakery, and transform back into a human once I land inside. I grab a bundle of clothes that have been tossed on the ground carelessly, and quickly slip into them. Finally, I grab the kitchen knife sitting on the table above me, and place it inside my pocket.

"You don't understand, I'm the one who's supposed to die, not her," Lizzie sobs, her shoulders beginning to shake uncontrollably. "She was the one who was supposed to live..."

The Merge. Undoubtedly, that is what Lizzie is talking about.

"Klaus!" I shout, as I step out of the bakery. Both Lizzie and my dad turn my way.

"Let her go," I say in a low, controlled voice.

My dad complies, and Josie's body falls onto the snow covered ground.

"I want to make a deal with you," I say, unsure of what it is that I'm doing.

"Not sure if you've noticed this, sweetheart, but you're in no place to be making deals," my dad says, as he stretches his arms wide open. 

"You have nothing to offer me," he tells me.

I tilt my head to the side. 

"That's not necessarily true," I point out, causing him to frown. 

"See what just happened? The three of us managed to get halfway out of town before you caught up with us. We're never going to agree to be a part of your experiment. We're going to continue to fight back, every single day for the rest of our lives. And you're going to have a hell of a lot to put up with," I say in a strong voice.

I take in a shaky breath before delivering my final sentences.

"Let the twins go. And I'll cooperate."

An eerie silence rings throughout the square. Lizzie stares at me, her eyes wide in shock. Meanwhile, my dad seems to be deep in thought.

"Are you serious?" Lizzie says, her voice trembling from trying to keep the tears of anger in. 

"After everything we've been through, you're abandoning us? Just like that?" she shouts.

"What the hell do you want me to do?" I yell back. "He's Klaus Mikaelson, no one is capable of outrunning him. And frankly, there's no way I'm going to let you or Josie risk your lives, especially considering the situation at play here," I say as I lower my voice.

'This is the best choice,' I tell myself. 

Obviously, I don't plan on staying with my dad forever, since that could affect the fluid of time... But I'll stay with him long enough to make sure Josie and Lizzie return safely to the future. And then... Who knows? 

Maybe I'll disappear. Maybe the term 'Tribrid' will become a thing of legend. Maybe I'll become a prisoner of time for all eternity. 

All I know is I have to get my friends back home safely.

"You can always make more heretics, Klaus, but there's only one of me," I say with a heavy tone in my voice, "Do we have a deal?"

My dad ponders this a bit longer. And then...

"No," he says simply.

I blink. "What?" I blurt out.

"No," he repeats. "You seem to think I care that three teenaged girls will continue to fight against me for the rest of their short lives, but the thing is, I really don't," he laughs. 

"You can claim to be strong and confident all you want, Andrea, but the truth is," he says, as he steps over Josie's body and begins to walk towards me, "You're afraid. And that fear, mixed in with a little torture on my part, will be more than enough to keep all three of you down on your knees," he smiles.

"So you're making me turn to Plan B, then," I say, as I pull out the kitchen knife from the bakery. My dad stares at me amusedly, no doubt thinking that I'm planning on fighting him. But his sneer turns into an expression of utter fear when I raise that knife to my throat, instead.

"Let the twins go, or I'll kill myself," I state.

My dad stares at me with wide eyes. "You wouldn't dare," he whispers. 

"Wouldn't I?" I ask, as I draw the blade closer towards my neck. 

"You're bluffing!" he yells, more to convince himself than anything else.

"It's your choice, Klaus. Either let my friends go, or watch as the only hope left for you kills herself," I say in a calm voice. 

He's at a disadvantage here, more than he knows. Because I'm perfectly willing and capable of stabbing myself, even as a mere distraction, because I know that I'm going to wake up as a vampire- or rather, a fully turned Tribrid, once I die. 

Still, I'd like to avoid that little mishap for as long as possible, which is why I carefully let the tip of the knife balance itself out on my throat.

"You're playing with fire, love," my dad says, "Attempting to negotiate a deal with the devil himself."

I give a small smile. "Where I'm from, people know me as the devil's daughter, so," I shrug, "I'm not that intimidated."

Five long seconds pass by. And then- "Fine," my dad spits out. "Take your sister and leave," he says to Lizzie.

Lizzie stares at me with wide, hateful eyes, as she walks towards Josie and picks her up. 

"My aunt's coffin. Now that you're a heretic, you won't even need me to help you. Reverse engineer the spell, and get back home," I tell her.

Lizzie doesn't reply. Instead, she shoots me one last spiteful, betrayed look before vamp-racing out of the square.

"Drop the knife," my dad tells me. I let the kitchen knife sink into the snowy ground, then turn to stare at him. 

"Let's go then, shall we?" he says. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

371K 11.9K 83
****REWRITING IN PROCESS**** A thousand years ago, seven stars sat illuminated in the night sky, surrounded by the moon, wrapped around its comfort a...
45.6K 1.4K 23
Natalie, was the oldest Waithe, her brother Rafael being only months younger along with her non-biological brother Landon. She had been in foster hom...
18.9K 292 30
(I suggest reading the first book first. Since it's a fanfic, you wont understand it if you don't read the first half. It has the same name.) Alisha...
42.8K 1.1K 36
"π‘‡β„Žπ‘–π‘›π‘”π‘  𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑑 π‘€π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘˜ π‘œπ‘’π‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘€π‘Žπ‘¦ 𝐼 π‘€π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘π‘’π‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘š π‘‘π‘œοΌŽπΌ 𝑔𝑒𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝐼 π‘€π‘Žπ‘  𝑗𝑒𝑠𝑑 𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑑 π‘‘π‘œ 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 π‘ π‘œπ‘šπ‘’...