Double fire๐Ÿ”ฅ

By _queenziraa

She breathes fire ๐Ÿ”ฅ He breathes fire๐Ÿ”ฅ The word 'detest' isn't enough to describe what these two have for... More

//1-pt1//:Graduation
//1pt2//: Graduation
//2//:Last day
//4//:Shopping Spree
//5//:New Year, New Beginning
//6//: New York City
//7//: Invited and Univited guests
//8//: Down the Streets of the City
//9//:Together for good
//10//:Fashion Week
//11//:Home Sweet Home
//12//:First day at home
//13//:Revelations
//14//:Bully
//15//:Wedding bells
//16//:Refueling Danger and Trouble
//17//:A Night in the comfort of the street
//18//:This love thing
//19//:Sacrifices and Alliance
//20//:Thunderstorms
//21//:Lifesavers
//22/:Fashion Exhibition and Fashion Show
//23//:Preparations and Arrangements
//24//:Events
//25//:Nikkah
//26//:Supposed couples
//27//: Somewhat Euphoric
//28//:Baba Kaka
//29//:Emotional Turmoil
//30//:Birthday disaster
//31//:Entangled love
//32//: Jannah's birthday lunch
//33//:Violence 2.0
//34//:Verily,each soul shall taste death
//35//: Unleashing the Dragon
//36//: Where they tell their stories
//37//: Where they tell their stories 2
//38//: Forgive and Forget
//39//: Fire on Fire
//40//: Despair
//41//: Beauty in Red
//42//: From him we are and to him we shall return
//43//: Goodbye Sanity
//44//: Numbness
//45//: SA
//46//: J'taime Mie Amour
//47//: Reincarnation
Characters
//48//: Revelations of Mysteries
//49//: More Secrets
//50//: Calm before the storm
//51//: Havoc/Mayhem/Massacre
//52//: Non-existent
//53//: Self-Defence
//54//: Unalive
//55//: Adieu
//56//: Princess
//57//: Pure love
//58//: Moving on
//59//: FAROOQ'S POV
//60//: Double Fire
Epilogue

//3//:Farewell Motherland

426 47 0
By _queenziraa

SABRINA'S POV
ABUJA, NIGERIA.
14TH JULY, 2013.

"Chop-chop! we are late!" I yelled taking my seat on the dining table. The butler served our breakfast which was Beef Sauce and pita bread. I was a bit annoyed that I couldn't prepare breakfast for the last time before we depart from the country, but oh well, it's fine.

We all ate in silence as it was only the sound of forks clashing with the ceramic plate were heard. Before one could say Abraham Lincoln, we were through, our trolleys and bags were being dragged by the bodyguards.

I was dressed in a black top that had lantern sleeves with a Sabrina neckline, tucked into a blue crop boot trousers, and a simple pump slippers. Kubra was donned in a grey crew neck top, tucked into a blue skinny jeans, with her signature knee length high heel boot. She wore a cream cape-let coat over it, wrapping a grey scarf around her head.

We hit the highway, Ya Arif was moving at an average speed which is not what we need at the moment. If he keeps on moving at an average speed, we sure as heck are going to miss our flight.

"Step on it!" I screamed impatiently into his ears. That seemed to have done the job because the next thing I knew my hands flew up as my body moved from left to right.

~

We arrived at Nnamdi Azikwe Airport. Tumbling our trolleys, our other bags being held by the two bodyguards that are to accompany us, our families followed suit. We have just few minutes to say our goodbyes, here comes the tears. Not from me though l...

I sauntered toward Ya Arif, his eyes were bloodshot red as though he was holding his tears. He embraced me in a brotherly hug, oh how I wish tears would just miraculously flow from my eyes. A girl can sure dream.

"Take care, Princess."

I smiled with a nod. He placed a soft kiss on my forehead. He gave Kubra a warm hug saying, " I will be waiting for my chips." She chuckled bitterly, tears endlessly streaming down her eyes. She was sure going to miss her number one troublemaker. I walked to Ya Aliya, I could see her wiping her eyes.

"Are you crying because you're going to miss me?" I pouted, wiggling my brows. She threw me her infamous glare, "Nonsense, I will do nothing of such." She snorted, refusing to meet my gaze.

"C'mere, why won't I miss you." She hugged me.

"Now who should I bully while you're away?" She pouted sadly.

I rolled my eyes, "You'll figure it out." I patted her back, walking pass her.

"Daddy—-"

"I can't describe how much...." he broke down into tears. I shook my head vigorously, "Don't, daddy." I hugged him. Then Mom and Dad; Kubra's parents. I fist bumped Jawahir, she said cool people only fist bumped not hugged. I stood right in front of Ya Ashraf. I don't even know if I should walk pass the beast or try talking to him.

"Goodbye." I muttered but I wasn't sure he heard. He brought out his phone and pretended to be in a call before her left the area. How can a brother be so harsh to his youngest sibling? People say, first and last born are the closest in the family, but in my case, it's a whole opposite of it. And there's nothing I can do to change that.

Allah knows that I do not deserve the cruel treatment I receive from him and my so-called Mother.

Talk about the devil, I might not have the best relationship with her but she is still my mother. Besides, I'm going to miss our daily fights and tantrums. Before I could say a word she pulled me into a hug. I completely froze. Is she really hugging me? This is the first time we've ever hugged each other. Is this what a mother's embrace feels like? I don't want to let go, it was too good. If I knew she'd hug and embrace me every time I'm leaving the country then why don't I do it everyday? But why now, when I'm about to leave for five years.

"Attamana laki kullu alttawfīqi ya Sabrina; I wish you all the best Sabrina." She uttered in her father's language, Arabic.

"Shukran laki; Thank you." I replied with a small smile.

Last but not the least, My Milky Way. My Ya Aliza, she has already started her water works, her face was red. I ran and jumped on her giving her a tight hug. I don't want to let go. The one person I feel safe with, the one that supports me more than anyone. We stayed in that position for what seemed like eternity.

"I love you, Sister." I muttered with utmost sincerity, into her ears. She pulled away, holding I and Kubra's hands in hers.

"Conquer your dreams! Make me proud. Those people that said you can't do it, put them to shame. Remember what Baba Kaka said the day you give up, is the day you stop living. Make us proud! Go!" She cheered on. We gave her a nod, wiping the tears in her eyes before turning to leave.

I looked back at my Fatherland, Nigeria my Nation, I will miss you.

"Farewell Fatherland."

~

LOS ANGELES,CALIFORNIA.
4:13PM

The cool Californian breeze whirled on our pretty fair skin, making the trees dance, the sun was brightly illuminated and gave the evening a good definition.

We arrived at Los Angeles international airport by 4:00pm. A White Maybach Landaule manifested at our fronts. Daddy why? It didn't fail to give us the attention and little gossips from strangers. The last thing I want now, is to show off. The backseat was opened by the guards before we stepped in.

Daddy and Kubra's father said a very good friend of theirs Mrs Melissa has a daughter that is sixteen years of age and would be attending the same college as us. She would be staying with us. I sure hope she's nice, else I would have another victim.

"Look Sabrina! Our old neighbourhood." Kubra pointed, squealing loudly. How can I ever forget this place, it's literally home. I grew up here.

"Good old days. Hey, remember Mr Parker? The man with the carrot nose." I asked her, drifting away to memory realm. He was a grumpy and arrogant man that we enjoyed pulling pranks on. We would gang up with our friends, ring the doorbell then runaway; his neighbours started to assume he was a psychopath. We would also throw stones at his bull dog and create mud traps for him. Those were good days alright.

"Bro suffered a lot." She laughed.

________________________________
We settled down in our rooms, which took about an hour, the rooms still need a bit of decorations and more details. I strolled downstairs to the living room where I met Kubra, a lady which I assume must be Mrs Melissa and a young blonde. She must be Loren.

I awkwardly took a sit on the carpeted floor,I feel more comfortable on the ground than on the couch. "Sabrina, this is Mrs Melissa and Loren." Kubra pointed out, the corner of her lips lifting up.

"Good evening." I politely greeted wuth a genuine smile.

"Good day! Your father must have informed you about Loren and I. She will be staying with you guys till she gets a new apartment. She's also a freshman at your College." The fair woman with a red gown with peasant sleeves, beamed. She seems nice.

"That's great."

"I will be taking my leave now, take care of yourselves girls." With that, she ambled out of the house.

The three of us sat there in silence. The living room was as quiet as a graveyard, neither of us uttered a single word.

Awkward.

"Umm. Hey, I'm Loren Gray. A sixteen year old from Beverly Hills, California. I fancy being behind cameras." She ranted a bit. Oh she talks? Nice one. We're getting there. From how she speaks, I could tell she's a craving artist. She probably applied for theatre art. It would suit her, I don't know how, but it sure will.

"I am Khadijah Sayhaan, but call me Kubra. Nigerian and American by birth. I applied for Architecture in UCLA." Kubra extended her hand for a handshake. They shook each other's hands, sharing a warm smile.

"I'm Sabrina Adila Khaleed. Same Nationality as her, I've got an obsession for raspberries and ginger ale. I'm loud, like really loud!" I shouted loudly. We bursted into fits of laughter.

"I like you guys already." She chuckled lightly. I think I'm going to enjoy our stay here.

_________________________________

END OF CHAPTER

Sabrina's room in LA

Their house in LA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.6K 1.6K 65
"I knew it.. I knew you were alive!", he breathes wryly. "I missed y..ou..", he breathed and stretches his arms to wrap around her but she steps back...
684K 20K 56
"I always thought that the first time I'd be on my knees I'd be praying..." I held my breath lowering myself to my knees in front of him, "Then worsh...
6.5K 248 30
[complete] #2 "This isn't amusing. You're smiling, and your face is all bruised and bleeding. Is that not putting you in more pain?" Ren shifted on h...
61.6K 3.6K 70
There is nothing like first love but then there is nothing like true love also. A love that stands there for you even in the worst times, that is wha...