Double fire🔥

_queenziraa által

She breathes fire 🔥 He breathes fire🔥 The word 'detest' isn't enough to describe what these two have for... Több

//1-pt1//:Graduation
//1pt2//: Graduation
//3//:Farewell Motherland
//4//:Shopping Spree
//5//:New Year, New Beginning
//6//: New York City
//7//: Invited and Univited guests
//8//: Down the Streets of the City
//9//:Together for good
//10//:Fashion Week
//11//:Home Sweet Home
//12//:First day at home
//13//:Revelations
//14//:Bully
//15//:Wedding bells
//16//:Refueling Danger and Trouble
//17//:A Night in the comfort of the street
//18//:This love thing
//19//:Sacrifices and Alliance
//20//:Thunderstorms
//21//:Lifesavers
//22/:Fashion Exhibition and Fashion Show
//23//:Preparations and Arrangements
//24//:Events
//25//:Nikkah
//26//:Supposed couples
//27//: Somewhat Euphoric
//28//:Baba Kaka
//29//:Emotional Turmoil
//30//:Birthday disaster
//31//:Entangled love
//32//: Jannah's birthday lunch
//33//:Violence 2.0
//34//:Verily,each soul shall taste death
//35//: Unleashing the Dragon
//36//: Where they tell their stories
//37//: Where they tell their stories 2
//38//: Forgive and Forget
//39//: Fire on Fire
//40//: Despair
//41//: Beauty in Red
//42//: From him we are and to him we shall return
//43//: Goodbye Sanity
//44//: Numbness
//45//: SA
//46//: J'taime Mie Amour
//47//: Reincarnation
Characters
//48//: Revelations of Mysteries
//49//: More Secrets
//50//: Calm before the storm
//51//: Havoc/Mayhem/Massacre
//52//: Non-existent
//53//: Self-Defence
//54//: Unalive
//55//: Adieu
//56//: Princess
//57//: Pure love
//58//: Moving on
//59//: FAROOQ'S POV
//60//: Double Fire
Epilogue

//2//:Last day

549 59 3
_queenziraa által

SBRINA'S POV
ABUJA,NIGERIA.

The soothing voice of the Adhan calling prayer woke me up from my slumber. I walked into the bathroom, performing ablution. I splayed the blue colored prayer mat and wore my long hijab. After my salat, I prayed for happiness, for all my loved ones to enter Jannah, for Almighty Allah to bless my parents abundantly, I prayed for my psychological health, I prayed for my family and friends. Lastly, I prayed for Allah to grant me the ability and strength to fulfil and make my dreams reality.

With that done, I did the one thing that brought relief to my soul, I lay down on the prayer mat and shut my eyes.

~~~

If today is really my last day in Nigeria, might as well make it a good one. I texted Kubra to meet up later at KFC.

I was dressed in a white maxi skirt that stopped above my ankles, a violet sweatshirt and wrapped a graphic scarf around my head, sliding in my Adidas, I sauntered downstairs.

"Hey! I'm sorry for yesterday, I was against it. I promise you." I heard Ya Aliza's voice behind me. I cocked my head to face her. I put a hand on her shoulder with a reassuring smile "It's okay."

"Yeah we're really sorry." Ya Arif and Ya Aliya apologized, walking out of the TV room. Apparently, these three siblings of mine have made it a habit to stay up all night watching movies in the TV room. I can never deprive my self from sleep for movies, never. "It's cool. It's not your fault that your mother treats me this way, is it?" I chuckled bitterly.

"Sabrina—-"

"I'll go eat breakfast now. I have a long day ahead." I didn't let them say another word,I went straight to the dining room. If I had stayed, we would have probably gotten into an argument and that's the last thing I want at the moment.

The maid that stood beside my chair served me breakfast. I ignored the three people present.

"Good morning." Daddy greeted me; note the sarcasm. And by the way, this is a sign language indicating me to greet them. Instead, I passed a fake smile and continued with my breakfast.

"You can at least greet your parents." Came the husky voice of, my eldest brother, Ya Ashraf. I inhaled sharply as my heartbeat hastened for a second. Recalling back how awful he treated me while growing up, anytime he speaks to me, it sends shivers down my spine. I didn't make it obvious though, I couldn't. He mentally and physically abused me for every little mistake I made. He gave me temporary and permanent scars, I don't know if I'll ever be able to pardon him. Not that he would even bother asking for forgiveness.

"Am I talking to a wall?" He yelled raising his hand to slap me, I caught it mid way. We glared at each other with nothing but resentment. Deep down I was very scared, but I didn't let it be visible.

"Don't you dare!" I snapped. He jerked his hands away. I dropped my fork on the saucer.

"Apologize to your brother." Mrs Mahir spoke calmly, not sparing us a glance as she took a chip into her mouth. Daddy just kept quiet, one thing I like about him is that he doesn't get involved in our fights unless it gets too much.

I chuckled "I'd rather lick the floor than apologise to anyone." I meant it. I wasn't an apologetic person, not even close to it. Even when I'm wrong I never apologise.

Ya Ashraf stared at me as though I grew two heads.

She didn't say a word after that,Ya Ashraf stormed out to his room. Mrs Mahir looked like she wasn't in the mood to argue this morning. She sipped her lavender tea. "I'll be out with Kubra."

"Don't stay out late." Daddy warned. I nodded.

******

"No siblings! No parents!" Kubra exclaimed excitedly. "It's gonna be legit." I grinned.

"Have you perhaps seen the house?" I asked her. Daddy and Dad; Kubra's father, bought a house for us since we'll be staying off campus.

"Nope."She replied popping the 'p'.

"It's so pretty. It has four bedrooms, two parlour, five bathrooms, a kitchen, a little gym, a cute balcony and garden."

"I can't wait. Let's have so much fun today, it's our last day." Kubra spoke with so much elation. I nod in agreement. I payed for our meal.

Up next is, magic land.

"Get me off of this thing." I screamed loudly. The people on the pirate ship were tired of my loud noises, while some were shooting videos of me. I rolled my eyes. I honestly don't know why I was eager to ride, each time I take the ride, those are my exact words. I glanced at Kubra who was laughing, clutching her stomach.

The ride was over, I marched straight to her like an angry penguin. "Witch!" I pointed at her accusingly. "You can't keep calling me names sweetheart, I just enjoy seeing the fearless Sabrina Adila Khaleed like that." She laughed loudly. I rolled my eyes.

"Remind me why I'm friends with you again?"

"You can't live without me."

After going on few more rides,we went straight to the mall. We bought so many unimportant items, ended up laughing at our stupidity. We also visited some friends for the last time before out departure. Then last but not the least, Our favourite spot, city gate.

We raced down to the pillared the structure like crazy people. We played like little children but we didn't care, we ignored the looks we got from passerby's. Trust me, we're used to the looks.

We got tired of running. We rested our back and head on the white structure. I was panting heavily but managed to calm down. Sharing a look with her,we burst out laughing.

Someone that makes you laugh a little more louder, that's a best friend.

I wouldn't trade her for anyone. "I'm really going to miss Nigeria, I mean we didn't grow up here but we've lived here for almost six years now. I wouldn't trade those amazing six years with the ten years we spent in the Los Angeles. The crazy people, the pigin, the fights, the fraudsters, that's what makes the country unique. I think we should just choose a university here." She burst out in tears. I feel and understand the pain in her heart. But we have to make our dreams come true. I have to prove to everyone who looked down on me that I'm so much more.

I hugged her tightly,wiping her tears away. "Shhh! We will do no such thing. You're just getting a emotional." I kept wiping her tears away.

"Five years!" She screeched sobbing. I will make sure I use those five years carefully and responsibly. I'll show them.

"Hey..." I uttered, cupping her chin. She looked at me like a lost puppy. Kubra is such a cry baby.

"It's going to be okay."

*****
4:55pm

We returned back home about an hour ago. We were in the upstairs main living room along with, the twins,Ya Arif, and surprisingly, Daddy.

"You all know my good friend, Alhaji Khaleed Mubaid." Daddy cleared his throat.

"Baba Kaka's son?" I questioned. He nodded.

"You're always talking about him but we have never met him nor his family." I rolled my eyes nonchalantly, resting my head on the sofa. I was replying some messages not even sparing him a glance. My phone was snatched by Ya Aliza, I pouted. "Pay attention!"

I mentally rolled my eyes before I will receive a whole new speech. "Well today is the day." Daddy let out loud.

"The day you buy me a death bike." Ya Arif blurted out. He has been asking him for a death bike for two years now. Daddy being the strict person he was, said no. According to him, he'll kill someone with it and just make him waste his money—not like it will ever finish. Daddy got him two new cars last year, but my greedy brother still wants a death bike.

"No." Daddy narrowed his eyes at him.

"I'll just sell the cars and get one then." He murmured underneath his breath, but I heard him.

"Busted!" I whisper yelled, I earned a death glare from Ya Arif which made me keep shut.

"The day you'll all meet him. We are having dinner with the Mubaids. I'm expecting you guys to be ready before 8:00pm. Don't be tardy." He narrowed his eyes at me. I'm always late. Like if there was an award for the tardiest person ever, I would have gotten tons of them.

"Can I come?" Kubra asked.

"Of course. You're family." He walked away.

I was looking forward to enjoy my night by sleeping early, but my old man just had to ruin my plans. I hate family functions or anything that had to do with meeting new people.

I glanced at the wall clock in our joint closet,the time was 7:30. I sat on the bean bag, legs crossed, as I munched my popcorn. The twins, Kubra's sister;Jawahir, and Kubra were on a perfect outfit hunt. They wanted to look their best for the dinner. I on the other hand couldn't care less about attending it. I formulated a plan that by the Allah's grace, will prevent me from going.

"I'm wearing this." Ya Aliya said,removing a green silk wrap gown, from the hanger. "How can you wear that? It's mine!" Ya Aliza roared, snatching it away. "No it's mine!" The other twin argued.

Disadvantages of having the same type of clothes, size and fittings. They're identical twins, therefore everything theirs is the same. The only way you could differentiate is from the star birthmark behind Ya Aliza's neck or their voices.

And here comes the fight! They kept dragging the dress from different angles till I heard a tearing sound. The dress was ripped into two. This is actually very normal, they're used to destroying each other's things. In their words "If one can't have it,no one can."

A piece of advice; when the twins start getting violent on each other, never, I repeat never ever try to separate them because they'll team up and beat you up. Jawahir and Ya Arif are victims. I couldn't care less about their fight, if anything, it's just amusing and delightful.

I munched the popcorn and laughed at how ridiculous they're being over a simple dress. They have hundreds of over dresses to pick from, yet they chose to fight over that one. Kubra settled on a maroon pearled Abaya, while Jawahir wore a black and white fitted chiffon gown. It fitted her curves at the right places, she had an hour glass figure which I so much envied.

"Aren't you planning on getting ready?" Ya Aliya questioned. Of course I wasn't. I really hope my plan will work out.

"Nope." I replied.

"You're up to no good. I perceive fire." She glanced at me. I gave her a wide grin. By now everyone was ready except me.

"You're not ready! We're not waiting for you....." Daddy shouted from down the stairs. I looked down from above the staircase, making my best manipulative sad face. Yes, My plan worked. I can sleep in peace.

"....the driver will bring you." He completed. My eyes widened. That can't happen. I guess I'll have to go with plan B.

"But Daddy....." before I could complete my sentence, I purposely ninja rolled down to the thirty fifth step of the staircase. It hurts so bad. But I have to put on this act in order for me to stay back.

"Sabrina are you okay?" Ya Aliza rushed towards me. She gave me a tight squeeze on the head. "I think I hurt my legs, I don't think I can go anywhere today." I muttered in a low tone. I was obviously lying. I pull this stunt all the time, I'm used to it.

"Nice try. Come on princess. You can't fool us with this silly stunt of yours." Ya Arif rolled his eyes. They all started laughing except Mrs Mahir and Ya Ashraf.

"Let's go Aliza. The driver will bring her." Daddy uttered as I heard the sound of the door shutting.

I sat on the sofa resting my eyes for about twelve minutes before I rose to my feet. I stood before the hallway mirror. I looked presentable, I can go like this.

I texted ya Arif to send the address.

****

I was eager to depart from the car so as to feed my eyes with the beauty of the house.

The house stood there as if the surrounding nature had embraced it, that the flora flowed within it as much as around it. The water fountain stood with it undying radiance, the lighting surrounded by it made it more beautiful. Different varieties of well gardened flowers aligned in separate rolls.

I sauntered towards the entrance door. I punched the doorbell which made an 'Assalamu Alaikum' sound. I was so anxious.

"Hey there, you must be Sabrina." A teenage girl dressed in a blue Abaya unlocking the door. I managed to pass a small smile.

"I'm Harisa. You're so pretty. Masha Allah." She touched my cheeks. I chuckled a bit.

"Nice to meet you, Harisa."

"I love your Outfit." She squealed like a typical teenage girl. "I designed it myself." I grinned, twirling around.

"That's awesome. Shall we go in?"

"Of course."

We strolled down, passing about three different living rooms. Harisa forgot her phone in her room,she went upstairs to go get it, that is after she directed me to the dining room. It was difficult to locate, because I passed two different dining rooms which were both empty, so I guessed it was the wrong one. I started murmuring baby by Justin Bieber.

You know you love me
I know you care
Just shout whenever
And I'll be there

I sang quietly. I didn't know when I tripped on a folded carpet. I shut my eyes tight, waiting for the pain to come in contact with my body.

1 second

2 seconds.

3 seconds.

Still nothing. Am I in paradise? I was too scared to lift my eyes open. Right then was when I realized that I was caught by strong arms. Someone held me from behind with his arms wrapped around my stomach, my right arm flung around the person's shoulder. The person saved me. I don't know what would have happened if my face came in contact with this highly polished marble tiles.

I inhaled the person's perfume. It was a strong expensive Arabian scent mixed with that scent of wet sand; when the rain comes in contact with sand. Most people loved the scent, I didn't want to let go off the person.

The back of my head was facing the person's face. I slowly tilted my face to look at him. Our faces were inches away from each other. I gazed at his blue grayish eyes.

Hold up. Blue grayish eyes?

I immediately pushed him away,it was more like we pushed each other away. My eyes pierced into his in fury. "You!" I pointed a finger at him.

"What the actual heck are you doing here?" He fumed. He was dressed in a black T-shirt and dark blue jeans.

"I should be asking you! You're like a driver or..." I raised an eyebrow. I just asked the most stupid question ever. Of course he wasn't a driver, I just don't want to believe it. He has Baba Kaka's eyes, they resembled each other so much.

"You're crazy." He sputtered.

"You're—"

"They're finally here." A woman dressed in a pink Abaya spoke. I turned around just to realize that we've reached the dining room. The three Families were all present, dressed richly and luxuriant. Everything and everyone screamed money.

"Asalamu'alaikum."Jerkilace and I greeted in unison. We both glared at each other.

"Wa'alaikum salam." They answered our Salam.

I spotted an empty seat next to Kubra,she gave me a wink. I sat down on it. The sitting arrangements was; Mr and Mrs Mubaid were the first and second, by Mrs Mubaids side was Mrs Mahir, Mommy,
Ya Ashraf, Ya Aliya,Ya Aliza, Me, Kubra, Harisa, a girl who I assume is Harisa's sister, a young boy, another older girl, Ya Arif, Jawahir, Jerkilace, Daddy,Dad.

"Do you two perhaps happen to know each other?" Harisa's sister asked. Being the talkative I am, I didn't hesitate to reply. "Yes, Daddy he's the guy that almost hit that old lady." I pointed at him.

I narrated the whole story to my family members, leaving Aunt Emigen's part aside. I feel like I should leave that part for Farooq and I, like she wanted us to keep quiet about it. Don't ask me why, because I honestly don't know. "Says the girl that was over-speeding. It's all her fault." He sent daggers my way.

"I'll rock your jaw." I clenched my fists.

"I'd love to see you try." He mocked. That was when I realized that everyone was laughing, some even had tears in their eyes. I don't find it funny.

"I'm very sure it's Farooq's fault, the girl is too sweet to over speed." Mrs Mubaid chuckled. The woman said it herself, I'm too sweet to do that. I already like her.

"What did you even call him?....Jerkilace right?" Ya Aliza burst out laughing again.

"I'm sure it was just a little misunderstanding,after all we're all family." Mr Mubaid spoke for the first time. I can't believe that Jerkilace is a family friend, Daddy and his father are basically brothers,I don't want to believe it.

"You must be Sabrina, our last born." Mrs Mubaid said with a wide smile on her pretty face. "I am. I'm from Kaduna state and also California. I actually lived in LA for ten years but—" I was ranting when I was cut off by Mrs Mahir. I did it again, I was talking too much. I have to learn how to control my mouth.

"Keep quiet. I'm so sorry, she talks too much." Mrs Mahir apologized with her notorious fake smile.

"It's nothing. Arianna and Harisa are always ranting too. I'm surprised they haven't said a word." Mrs Mubaid chuckled lightly.

I took a sit next to Kubra.

"Excuse me, please I'd like to check the dishes if they're ready." The oldest girl exclaimed, she has to be the oldest child in the family. Food? Kitchen? I want to go.

And it's not because I want to eat or drink or lick, I genuinely want to help. If you know me by now, then you will know I'm certainly lying.

"Can I come?" I foolishly blurted out. I felt like smacking myself on the head a thousand times for not being able to control my mouth.

"Sure." She surprised replied with a beam. I rose to my feet to leave when Mrs Mahir spoke "Why don't you girls go to the kitchen and get to know each other then the guys can stay in the parlor while we the elders stay here?" She suggested. They all nod in agreement. Sauntering towards the kitchen when I hit a hard human wall.

"Dude watch where you're heading to!" I snapped at the jerk, looking up to meet his face.

"Maybe if you increase in height, I'd be able to see the little insect that has been buzzing in my ear." He nonchalantly scoffed, typing away on his phone, not sparing me a glance.

"Why you——" I was dragged out of the area by the oldest girl. I suddenly felt a bit shy. The girl saw me arguing with her brother, what would she think of me? Oh Allah! I've already ruined my reputation in her eyes. Dear ground, do me a favour by swallowing——-

"I apologize for my brother's rude attitude. He's a total...."

"Jerk." I found the perfect word to fit into her short phrase. She smiled with a little nod.

"I'm Ibtihaj by the way,the eldest child, happily married with a five-year-old child, feel free to call me Betty ." She said displaying her beautiful gold ring. She looks nothing older than twenty. Is a married woman even allowed to glow this much, she's absolutely stunning with an obviously beautiful personality. Allahuma Bareek.

"Tabarakallah! But you look so young." I gawked at her flawless skin, she flashed me a killer smile that could save a broken heart from depression.

"I'm Arianna and no, I have no relation to Ariana Grande." She sashayed, flaunting her pretty nails. How are the girls so sweet but their egoistic grumpy brother isn't?

After introducing ourselves to one another, the remaining dishes were prepared.

Traditional dishes; Masa and Miyan Alayehu, and danwake.

Modern dishes; Lasagna, Macaroni pudding, Pesto Zoodles with chicken, and chicken Fajitas Salad.

Drinks; Lemonade, Hibiscus drink, Raspberry juice and orange juice.

Desert; Creme Caramel, Ice cream sundae, Raspberry and Vanilla mound.

I had pleaded with Betty for her to allow me to prepare the macaroni pudding,after so much pleas, she agreed. I prepared it with my secret ingredient—talent.

I felt a tap on my back, I bobbed my head backwards to see who it was. "Hello beautiful, I'm Tareeq. The sweetest among all men. May I kindly get your digit?" The little boy that seemed to be at least eleven or twelve years old, smirked. Do small people even know how to smirk? I exploded into series of cackles.

"Not happening, but you are a cutie for sure." I squeezed his cheeks in an obssesive manner.

"It's cool, it was my pleasure Mi lady." He took a bow. Kid has really been watching tons of cartoon to be able to use such pickup lines.

"Tareeq, are you up to your nonsense flirting again?" Arianna yelled from the pantry as she walked into the kitchen. He rolled his eyes before muttering a 'whatever'. Pushing his hands into his jeans pocket, he majestically ambled out. "Did you just whatever me?" Arianna bellowed, trailing behind him hot on her heels.

I chuckled at the duo.

The maids took all the dishes to the dining table. They had served everyone  the Macaroni pudding—I had prepared. I took a spoonful into my mouth,it wasn't as bad as I expected. It was okay I guess.

"Who prepared this?" Mrs Mubaid blurted out, raising her voice. My eyebrows pulled out together, vertical wrinkles was clearly visible on my forehead, I was nervous. I fiddled with my fingers that were hidden underneath the table. Does it taste that bad ? My Allah please help me.

"I asked a question, didn't I ?" She sternly muttered.

"I...I....d—did." I stuttered, digging my sharp finger nails to pierce my hands. I was very anxious at the moment, I felt a hand on my quivering hands. Even without looking,I knew it was Ya Aliza.

She'd whisper to me Everything's going to be alright Princess. I took a deep breath, muttering some du'as.

"It's the best macaroni I have ever tasted." She exclaimed her lips curving into a smile. Right then, my heartbeat accelerated back to normal.

"Thank you." I showed my gratitude to her. I watched as everyone ate with smiles on their faces. It was obvious that they are all enjoying what I had prepared. I turned to face Jerkilace, he was eating the food like someone who was really hungry or could he be also enjoying the dish? The moment he averted his gaze to me and caught me staring, he dropped his fork on his plate, replacing the normal express to a frown.

Your loss weirdo.

END OF CHAPTER

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

125K 30.2K 59
(Book Two) "I've been looking for you for two years now. Luckily for me, I saw you at the beach party which a friend hosted. It also broke my heart...
3.8K 372 83
"It's too much to remember everything and everyone, all pain and hurt is killing me day by day little by little. I wish I could remove all the pain a...
822K 35.8K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
786 181 32
Everyone has a different nature but mine is undoubtedly different. To say that I'm intriguing would be an understatement, I'm overconfident, smart, h...