The Billionaire Summer

By AidinWhite

{Book #2 of The Winters Series} A week after leaving New York Adrian Winters once plagued by blame of the kid... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty

Chapter Thirty One

1K 29 0
By AidinWhite

Olivia Thorne

As we walked through the streets of Milan I took in everything I could see the cafés, people walking the streets, the architecture that hadn't really changed a whole lot, I liked it a lot.

"You like Milan don't you" Adrian muses with a smirk.

"Yes I do, it's very pretty".

"It is, yet twenty or so years ago Milan was filthy, my mom had come here when she got out of high school".

"It doesn't seem like that now" I say, as we turned down a street. Adrian seemed to know where he was going, but I also know that he's very good at remembering things, so I was trusting him to not have us get lost.

"Here we are" Adrian says stopping the outside a small café, and pulling open the door letting me go inside.

The inside of the café had a rustic feel to it and was very welcoming despite the handful of people who were there looking at the both of us.

Adrian then walked over to be by my side and stood in line.

As the line dissipated I started to scan over the menu, attempting to decide what I want.

"Hello what can I get for you?" the barista behind the counter asked.

"I'll have a French Vanilla please" Adrian says.

"Mocha cappuccino Please" I say.

"Five twenty".

Adrian then pulls out his wallet but I stop him and pay before putting my card back in my own wallet.

"Your drinks will be to the left" the barista says.

"Thank you" Adrian says before walking over to the side to let the next person order.

"You didn't have to pay for us" he says looking down at me.

"Yes but you also paid for the whole trip, so I have some making up to do".

"You have nothing to make up for".

"Still I am going to think of something to at least make me feel less like I'm using you for money" I admit.

"But you're not, I'm just being generous and I don't mind spending money on you Olivia, as I've said before I'd give you the world if I could" Adrian says giving me a reassuring smile.

"I'm sure you would, but I don't need the world, just you" I says smiling up at him.

"Hence the reason I'd give you the world because I would give you everything to show you how much you mean to me and even then I don't think I could".

After a moment our drinks are set down onto the counter, and once again Adrian thanks the barista behind the counter, before walking towards the door.

"Adrian how is it that you're romantic, yet you're also are dark and mysterious".

"Because it's how I've always been and now I have a reason to be romantic, besides I read to many books not to be".

"That explains why the Hardy books look worn".

"I like The Maddening Crowd the most, also I had those books I gave you restored completely, everything about what it was made of is new but the story and cover is the same, even though they are first editions".

"I knew it, that book looked like it had been read a few times, but it felt new" I say holding onto his hand as we walked.

"I have high standards, something you already know" Adrian muses.

"Yes I do know that".

"At least you know you'll always have the best if it comes from me".

"True" I say as the rain slowly cools my hand to the point it's freezing.

All of a sudden Adrian lets go of my hands and I look to see him pull a pair of gloves from his jacket pocket, and hand them to me.

"I don't mind being cold" he says taking my coffee as I put on the gloves and take it back.

"Thank you but you didn't have to".

"I would rather let you be warm and comfy then me being cold" Adrian says smiling down at me.

Returning a smile, he pulls me closer to him, and it's only then that I realize exactly how much Adrian wears dark colours and I've never seen him wear anything but shades.

Then a thought hits me.

What if he does it because of something that happened to him?

"Livi what's wrong your whole demeanour changed?" Adrian asks.

"Do you wear black because of something that happened to you?".

"I've worn black my whole life to get people to go away from me and it's also my colour".

"I noticed, just I wondered if you wore it for a reason" I muse.

"My introverted self just doesn't like people" he says as we walk through the rain back towards the hotel.

"I also wore it originally as a way to show how I felt most of my life, I was sad, and distraught my whole life Olivia, it wasn't good for me to hold everything in so I vented through how I dressed, and acted, keep in mind I was a bit of a miserable prick until I met you, and I ran from my past out of fear that you'd leave after knowing, most people did, so why would I let myself go down that road again, but you showed me that people aren't as bad as I thought they were" Adrian adds.

"I can understand that, I ran away from Demetri one day, after being beaten, and I ended up in an alley and some guys I don't know who they were came and tried to kidnap me, and all I remember doing is crying and I was covered in blood and dirt, and I just felt scared like that was the end, until I heard a voice that sounded angry, and they were ripped away from me..." but before I can continue Adrian interrupts me.

"And they were each hit ten times, they had broken noses, and bruises, and were in pain bloodied on the ground and in that alleyway stood a guy in black with a hoodie on under a trench coat, with bruised hands and a sprained wrist, from defending a girl he didn't even know" Adrian says, as if recounting the exact night I'm thinking of.

"You" I muse and I can tell I'm wide eyed.

"You were scared and yelling for help and crying. I didn't know what I would do but despite you trying to get them off of you, you couldn't and it made me angry that just because someone weaker then them, meant they could be taken advantage of, it was one of the few time's I saw red".

"That's why I never recognized you, I couldn't see your face".

"Apparently we've been tied together for the past two years".

I laughed lightly.

"Yes I guess we have been".

"Who knew two people from two different parts of life could become so salient to one another" Adrian muses.

"What is supposed to happen does".

"For a multitude of reasons, I've been around people and acted fine, but felt uncomfortable the entire time".

"I'm not surprised" I say looking up at him.

"You were special, all I ever wanted was to hold you, and prove to you after all you'd been through, that no one was ever going to hurt you again, but I learned whether I can actually keep promises like that being true, I will always protect you, because even though I know you can defend yourself, I will still be a guardian to you" Adrian says.

"We talked about how we all saw you on that night you were hospitalized, and complained about the IV, how we would never find anyone else like you" I admit.

"Let me guess that was Nico?" Adrian asks.

"How did you guess that?" I pry.

"Nico is like my brother" he points out.

That does seem to be the case.

After ten more minutes we arrive back at the hotel, and walk in with our empty cups of coffee.

"I need a shower" Adrian muses as we enter the suite.

"I'm going to attempt to find a book to read" I say walking towards where the small living room area is in a corner of the suite where I could look out onto Milan.

Picking up a random book I begin to read through it but I found myself elsewhere drawn out onto the dark grey stormy sky.

Now I see why Adrian came to Milan it's where he vents despite the beauty of Italy.

It would explain why he doesn't come here often.

Eventually I hear the bathroom door open followed by the silence of Adrian moving, I've learnt that he is close to quiet but not exactly, right now it's silent, that is until he sets his head on my shoulder.

"Hello bellissima" he says, and I watch as he walks around the couch in his towel before sitting across from me.

"Adrian are there any places you want to go while we're in Italy".

"Three places, I want to take you for breakfast tomorrow morning, and go to Rome, then there is a restaurant I want to take you on a date too" he says running his fingers through his hair.

"Rome, sounds nice" I say attempting to imagine what it will be like walking through the streets.

"I hope more then just nice, and hopefully it will have better weather then we have had here" Adrian says.

"Hopefully" I muse, before he smiles and walks away to go get dressed, while all I can think of is Rome.

Maybe it's as pretty as it is in pictures.

Next chapter will be them going to Rome I'm trying to flesh this all out as I'm aiming to have sixty chapters but we shall see comment below where you think they'll go, also vote and share. Anyways

Peace✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 445 78
{Book #2 of The Devils Series} Nathanial Winters' move to Boston for university, states away from his family, hometown, and the girl he left behind i...
166K 5.5K 29
After escaping an abusive past, Rose wants nothing more than to stay away from trouble. But when trouble comes crashing into her life in the form of...
149K 6.4K 52
Billionaire's series ~ 3 She's my drug. I'm addicted to her. I'll willingly get ruined, if only she's the one who wants to ruin me. ~"Kiss me, Adrian...
114K 4.8K 54
BOOK 3 in THE ROMANO SERIES Can be read as a standalone BUT I would advise you to read book I and 2 first to get to know and understand not only the...