Mischievous Secret | J. Potte...

By AgentMeisteriously

BOOK ONE OF THE MARAUDERS ERA SERIES Cazhvyre Ravens, also known as Rogue Ravens is feared in all of Hogwart... More

-
C A S T S
P R E V I E W | Z E R O
C H A P T E R | O N E
C H A P T E R | T W O
C H A P T E R | T H R E E
C H A P T E R | F O U R
C H A P T E R | F I V E
C H A P T E R | S I X
C H A P T E R | S E V E N
C H A P T E R | E I G H T
C H A P T E R | N I N E
C H A P T E R | T E N
C H A P T E R | E L E V E N
C H A P T E R | T W E L V E
C H A P T E R | T H I R T E E N
C H A P T E R | F O U R T E E N
C H A P T E R | F I F T E E N
C H A P T E R | S E V E N T E E N
C H A P T E R | E I G H T E E N
C H A P T E R | N I N E T E E N
C H A P T E R | T W E N T Y
C H A P T E R | T W E N T Y - O N E
C H A P T E R | T W E N T Y - T W O
C H A P T E R | T W E N T Y - T H R E E
C H A P T E R | T W E N T Y - F O U R
C H A P T E R | T W E N T Y - F I V E
C H A P T E R | T W E N T Y - S I X
C H A P T E R | T W E N T Y - S E V E N
C H A P T E R | T W E N T Y - E I G H T
C H A P T E R | T W E N T Y - N I N E
C H A P T E R | T H I R T Y
C H A P T E R | T H I R T Y - O N E

C H A P T E R | S I X T E E N

389 13 10
By AgentMeisteriously

← | ↓

|16|

C A Z H V Y R E

I DIDN'T KNOW HOW DID WE END UP IN THIS SITUATION. I know that we already have a tense air between the two of us but I did not expect things to escalate quickly that he immediately act to talk to me. I already have a feeling that he and I were thinking the same thing. It's like there's a familiar sense between the two of us besides the intensity of both of our auras.

"I'm sorry for keeping you from your friends, I just wanted to know if you saw something earlier," He said seriously. I observe him for a while before making a careful move.

"I don't honestly think that I saw something that you didn't see, Professor." I simply said, not giving him the answer that he wants.

He then observes me for a while just like what I did, "I believe that we really don't have to hide things here. Professor Dumbledore did say that you have something special that makes you different from everyone else. He also warned me of you being too careful with strangers." Professor Dumbledore said that? Then he must've trusted him a lot. Does this mean he's also part of the Order?

"You must be part of the Order then," I said that made him nod in confirmation. "Well, even if you are part of it and Professor Dumbledore trust you, I do not. So let's observe each other for a while and mind our own businesses." I added as I clearly gave him a warning that if he pushes any further, things will not go smoothly from now on. It's not like it's not rocky in the first place.

"Somehow, you remind me of someone. Fine, let's do that." He said as he opens the door for me indicating for me to leave. Well, he's seriously different too from the other Professors.

"I just want you to know that if something happened and Dumbledore isn't around, you come to me." That made me almost raise my eyebrow. I would rather go to Professor Slughorn—Oh wait, that's more terrible. I'll just go with Professor Minnie.

"Let's see what fate decides, Professor Luthox." I vaguely answer him before having an intense staring contest with him. I was about to end it and walk away when someone interfered in our little argument.

"I see that you have met each other." I was just thinking about the devil and she just appeared.

"Professor McGonagall, what do we owe you a pleasure?" Professor Luthox sound still as serious as before but he kinds of humour Professor Minnie, I guess. I wonder Minnie also taught him as a student before? Where did this guy even come from? I tried to shut down my train of thoughts again because I know for sure that the questions inside my head will not stop if I think about them every time.

Wait, what is even his full name? Bloody hell, Cazh. Just stop thinking about it!

"Professor Luthox, I see that you already met Miss Ravens." I did not even notice that I already tag along with the two professors and went inside Professor Dumbledore's office.

Why is everybody saying that? Professor Luthox and I look so confused about how they say that as if we should already know each other. I mean, I did felt something odd about him like there is this familiar feeling that I can't shake off.  I decided to change the subject and just go straight to the point on the reason why am I here with them instead of spiralling in my thoughts again.

"Professor Dumbledore," I started that made all of them look at me. "May I ask why am I also here? Is this something about the Order?" I freely said the name as all of us here are a part of it. There's no need to hide anything.

"Of course, Miss Ravens. Pardon me if we disturbed you from your school. You're right. This is about the Order." Professor Dumbledore said that made me focus immediately on what's about to go down.

"We decided to let you join our next meeting." I was baffled. Me? I thought I wasn't allowed to until I graduate? As far as I know, I even ask for a whole three months about joining them even not in battles—but I did try to—and now they're letting me join?

"Is something going on?" I ask. "You caught up quickly, Miss Ravens." I knew it. Now it really feels like we should not be wasting our time and graduate immediately. "We got some information that there will be some attacks somewhere and we'd like you to come to the meeting for some insight and if ever something will come up to you." He said that made me look back at my past episode. I think this is about those flashes of images, maybe going with this meeting about their mission will help me recall some even just a few.

"I understand, Professor. When will be the meeting of the Order?" I did not hesitate anymore because as long as I can help the people who will be affected in this war, I will do it and try my best to utilize my gift even though I'm not yet that in control of it.

"Wait, you're just going to let her go with us? Isn't a bit dangerous for a kid?" Professor Luthox suddenly butts in. Did he just call me a kid? How dare is this son of Godric say that to me. He doesn't even look that old, maybe he is even just twenty-four years old. 

"You are right, she's still young," I was about to protest on what Professor Dumbledore just said but he beat me to it. "See? Can we discuss this after sending her off?" Look at this snake, he finally changes his skin to his real one. What an arse! I knew I should've punched him the first time I saw how he look at me.

Professor Dumbledore just looks at us with his usual gentle face—which makes me more irritated—that got me thinking how could he even manage to look always like he's in a good mood and doesn't have single care around him. But along with his stupidly gentle demeanour is the childishly amused glint in his eyes. He's really enjoying this show which is Professor Arsehole and me.

"She is truly young and not yet ready to fight but she posses something you cannot just let go of without helping her to improve. She's also one of the most brilliant students I have ever seen in my years as a Head Master. You can trust her ability. She can help us with the meeting and for the future ones that will be coming. Of course, she cannot join any combat battle yet, she'll just be helping with the meetings." Professor Dumbledore said which is honestly the most that I have ever heard from him except those times where I'm mostly not listening.

Professor Arse—Luthox still look hesitant and clearly irritated with the idea of a child going along with their meetings of the Order but it's not like he can complain much about it. Besides the fact that it was Professor Dumbledore who said it that looks very determined despite his usual demeanour—like I said before—he knows that there must be something about me that made Professor Dumbledore, maybe Minnie too and the other members of the Order—which is a big maybe—chose me to start early and include me with their missions even just in meetings.

"I really don't have a say in this anyway. Do whatever you want but if my role here will be babysitting this kid then I'm out." It's not like I want you to and that I need someone to look after me. I've been surviving on my own, with or without my brother.

"It's not babysitting per se, but we do need your help in guiding her." Professor Minnie—McGonagall suddenly said that made the both of us whip our heads in her direction.

"WHAT?" We both exclaimed in unison.

"No way! I'll be her nightmare," He said while crossing his arms while I slam my hands on the table and said, "Bloody try to sacrifice me to him and I'll make his life a living hell!"

"See, you both are already getting alone. You're quite alike at the same time when it comes to these kinds of things." Professor McGonagall said and then look at Professor Dumbledore. "Why don't you explain it, Albus."

Professor Dumbledore looks at her and nods. He sure needs to explain himself because if this is another amusing joke to him then I'll probably lose my mind.

"Professor Luthox here can help you be more open to your abilities, Miss Ravens. He can teach you everything he knows while getting to know you at the same time." He explained that is honestly not enough to convince me, torture me just to be with this professor.

"Look, I don't we'll even get passed by the first lesson without trying to get into each other's throat." He said while massaging his face, he's been stressing out and we're not yet doing anything but argue in the very beginning.

I really don't like where this is going.

"I can handle myself pretty well, I think you already know that Professor. I'd rather survive my abilities with my own power." I said, trying not to give away too much as I explain myself.

"Oh dear," Professor McGonagall suddenly said as she sighs, "Can you convince these two, Albus? They're both strong-headed." She added.

Professor Dumbledore then looks at the both of us before his face morphs into a serious one. Oh no! He's gonna start a speech that we cannot deny after, I'm sure of it.

"I know both of you are already one the most amazing person that I have ever met and handle but that doesn't mean you can always do whatever you want. At some point, you might meet people that wouldn't get along with you or need someone's help to further improve." With that simple speech, I can already feel myself losing.

He first looks at Professor Luthox and said, "I know that you don't really like meeting new people but aren't you curious about what makes her different? I know that you also can feel it from the very moment that you met her." Well, that explains his charming facade just to get along with the students but his personality kind of clashes with that, resulting in hot and cold kinds of moods.

"Cazhvyre," Ah, freak. Dumbledore just starts with my first name. I knew this was coming. Why did I even fight this? I really can't help but try to get into a fight with that guy. "I know that you've survived all the challenges in your life up until now despite not having anyone to help you but receiving some help is also a great thing. You learned that from your new friends this year, don't you?" Yep, there it goes. Is he going to write a full novel about my story?

"And we both know that you need some help with your abilities. You can further improve faster than before." Why does he have to be right most of the time? Even though I don't really like his method, I know that he has his reasons just like we all have ours.

I sigh at that and look at the professor beside me. "I'll deal with him but if he ever tries to step out of bound, I will not hesitate to obliterate him." I finally said before giving him one last hard glare and looking in front of both Professor Dumbledore and Minnie. They look at the guy beside me as he doesn't have a choice but to agree along with it.

"Fine. But I'm not gonna go easy on her. You all know that," He said. "Of course, we know. We aren't expecting you to be a kind mentor. I'm sure Miss Ravens can handle it." Minnie said that made me smirk a bit.

"You know me well, Minnie. It's not like I've been a headache all of your life handling me here." I said while grinning slightly just to scare the guy beside me a little bit.

"I know, Miss Ravens. I hope you can handle her, Professor Luthox," I saw a frown form on his face that kind of made my day already. At least he got some warning of what was coming to him.

"You may go back now, Miss Ravens. We'll excuse you when the time is right." I did not bother to bid them goodbye and just get out of that place. The professors already know how am I like anyway and as of now, I'm not giving that arsehole of a professor any positive response. I'll deal with him when the time is right.

"Oh, by the way, Miss Ravens." I stop in my tracks and look back at them, waiting for an answer.

"You'll be starting your training with Professor Luthox next month." I stop myself from grunting and just nod my head. Next month will be just on the corner, it's already almost the end of this month too. My nightmare will be soon.

"Let's just get something to eat first. That almost drains all of my energy." I said to myself before walking towards the direction of the Great Hall.

L U T H O X

"Why am I agreeing to this again? We all know I can't handle new people, especially hard-headed ones." I said as I sit down on a chair in Dumbledore's office. I did not even ask to be a professor and yet, here I am.

"You're knowledge and wisdom will perish without even sharing it to the world, Luthox. I think she'll be a great lesson to you." Dumbledore explains while Minerva just looks at me smugly with his usual pose. These two can seriously be a terrifying team when they want to be.

"Lesson? Her? I thought I'm the one teaching her, not the other way around." I said as I can already feel a headache forming in my head.

"You will," Dumbledore said before giving me an amusing smile, "But that girl has been through many things and she hasn't even got on the war yet. You'll see her differently once you get to know her more." He said.

"Why do you think we got you to teach her for a reason?" Minerva said that struck a curious nerve in me again. Why do I have to be curious about these kinds of things?

"Besides the fact that both of you can help each other, you are both alike in some ways." That got me thinking, like seriously thinking. Both of them know about my history and most of it all came from my family. Does that mean she also experienced some unpleasant things from her own family?

"See, you're already trying to crack her," Minerva exclaimed. I hate the fact that she's right.

"Don't worry, she has been trying to observe you too," Minerva said and I nod at that. "Yeah, you really can't miss the shivers running down your spine whenever she stares at you," I said which is a fact. I don't even know how a girl like her hold so much terrifying aura.

"This will be a good thing for a round of bets. You see, you're good at judging people and we both know she's not that bad. She just has some terrible things just like you. But you must be careful with her, she can seriously read you like a book and even take a peek of your soul when she tries hard enough." Dumbledore said amusingly. They really favour this girl and wants to make my new life here a living hell.

Now, I can't help but be more curious.

Who the hell is she?

C A Z H V Y R E

"I mean, who the hell is he anyway? If Professor Dumbledore and Minnie aren't with him, I will probably explode already." I said as I explain what happened during the time that they left me in the Professor's classroom.

I really don't have anything to hide about the Order too since they already agree to be a part of it. Professor Dumbledore didn't warn me about saying it to them too so it's probably just fine to tell them. I really need to let out this pent up frustration anyway.

"Do you want us to prank him?" Sirius proposed with a smirk plastered on his face already.

"That's really the first thing that gets inside your head? For your information, he's a new professor and we don't know him that well yet. There might be consequences in our ends if we will not be careful." Remus said as a matter of fact. I really want to get back at that professor already but I know that Remus is right.

"What? When did you not like my idea?" Remus just gave Sirius a 'Are you serious look?'. He did not voice it out since we already know what was coming if ever.

"All the time, Sirius." He said. I can already see an argument waiting to rise between the two of them. Luckily, James butted in.

"Why did Professor Dumbledore even chose him? I mean, we have Minnie on our side and why can't he do it himself?" Isn't he a bit edgy on this? Is he still shaken about the Boggart from before?

"Cool down, mate," Peter said as he tries to calm James. James immediately realizes what he said and sigh in defeat. I don't think we are all in the right mind to discuss this right now. We all have things to deal with and we need each other's comfort for now.

"Let's not think about it anymore. I can handle him and this way, I can also observe him more to know what kind of person he really is. I think you all already noticed something odd about that guy. We're not just sure yet if it's a good thing or a bad one." I explained that made them all nod along.

"I really need something to eat. Peter, can you—" I wasn't even done talking when somebody suddenly called me from behind.

"Can we talk, Cazh?" I was surprised to see that it was Regulus. It was unexpected that he approach me first. Is he in some kind of trouble?

I was about to reply when someone suddenly butted in.

"I'll need to talk to her too," It was Green who said that.

"I ask her first, Green," Regulus said. Green felt a twitch as he said that. Oh bloody hell, this ain't good.

"I don't care, Black. This is urgent." Green counter.

"Look, we're not in the mood right now. Why don't the both of you go?" Oh, freak! James is also not in the good mood to deal with this.

"Little Ravens, I need to speak with you," Rosier suddenly get into it without even giving much thought to its effect on us. Wait, what does this git want now?

"Uh oh, three houses are in one place." Peter suddenly comment that made me almost facepalm myself. Now that I got the look of it, they're all in different houses. This ain't good. I really don't have anything against the other houses, besides the Slytherins but I know for a fact that the others are already thinking of something. It's a good thing that Hufflepuff tries to get away from me as much as possible or this will be a bloody war between the four houses.

The other students are already on stand by and waiting for something to happened.

"Cazh."

"Ravens."

"Little Ravens."

I thought there will be no more headaches after Professor Luthox but it looks like I was wrong. Where is this even going? I think I need some shut-eye after this.

"I'll give the four of you five minutes each at most," I said while standing up. "You're up first, Reg. Let's go outside." Regulus nod along with me and give the three one last look. He also looks at his brother for a second.

"Oh, the three of you stay here and wait for your turn. Remus, look after them." Remus looks like he's ready to protest but I was already pulling Regulus outside the Great Hall.

↓ | →

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40K 1.3K 29
"So if its words that you are looking for McKinnon, I am fluently gifted with the art of speaking. But I'd much rather spend every day showing you ex...
11.5K 349 30
It is a bumpy start to the Marauders' sixth year. James Potter is having nightmares about the impending war but instead of talking to his friends abo...
4.4M 144K 195
"Potter," Phoebe says curtly. James frowns and says harshly, willing the odd feeling he has to go away, "Griffin, all of that stuff still doesn't mak...
26.8K 1.8K 32
Luna Lupin came from a tumultous childhood filled with secrecy and a family haunted by the stigmatised illness of lycanthropy, thrown into a society...