Veiled | JHS | โœ“

Per SwagMeow

๐˜“๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ! ๐˜š๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ? ๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ'๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ... Sia Winters is an average un... Mรฉs

Before I begin...
แฏแ—ดแŽฅแ’ชแ—ดแ—ช
What it seems
Abnormal
Frustrated
Deal with a Monster
Nightmarish
Magical Encounter
Wake of the Evil
Regretful End
What you would do
Stay humane
Haunted Library
Unexpected Creation
Reunion
Her Angel
Special
Vile One or not
Mine
Time Angel's help
A Weirdo and her deal
Apology gone wrong
Platform 9 and 3/4
Comfort is my style
Enigma
A realistic nightmare
Only thing that works
Lover of Literature
Sparkling Love
Brave Facade
Evil? As if.
Child of Shadows
Mess with a Monster
Selfish Reason
Treachery
Lies
Mysteries of the Angel of Time
FriendZone
Unknown Identity
Outshine
Baby J
A promise
This is what you came for
Avoid
Adreo and Sialete
Birthday Gift
Revival
The Monstrous Tale
Resurrection
Pretender
Back at home
Friends...Um, no.
Welcome to Angelhood
Facetagram
Epilogue
Author's note

Prologue

193 19 18
Per SwagMeow

What's the most sinful thing to do?

"Jeong Ho-Seok.

I, hereby, sentence you to the Seventh Circle Of Hell, the Circle of Violence, as retribution for the heinous crimes you have committed, the distress you have caused, and the lives you have stolen. You will thereby suffer in eternal torment for the rest of your existence or until the end of time, whichever comes first, with no means of escape. You shall also not have the right to reincarnate.

I thus conclude your judgment."

Is it to hurt the one you love?

Blurry outlines... distant echoes...

Silence.

As the fuzziness of his mind cleared and the outlines began to sharpen and form shapes, his eyes fell on his knees pressed against the cold stone floor. Blood and dust stained his clothes. Bruises and burns adorned his skin. Even as the world slowly began to take shape, his eyes were still heavy. His ears still rang from the sound of the faint voices in the courtroom. Even the smallest sigh of impatience was loud in his ears. Too loud.

With a gargantuan will, he raised his head to look into the pale blue eyes of his Judge. The Queen of the Court of Judgement, the ruler of Angel's realm, Queen Yama sat on her throne, her long clawed fingers holding the scroll that contained his final judgment. Her face betrayed no emotion, though her eyes spoke a million words of disgust and hatred.

Or is it to hurt the millions that you don't love?

Her eyes flicked up to the four angel guards who flanked his sides in a silent command. They bowed to her before they wrenched his arms up, heaving him to his feet. The angels began to drag him along to the place where now he must go.

Hell.

He didn't protest. He didn't dare lift a single finger as he walked, dragging his foot over the stone path silently. They led him to a massive circular opening where apparently, he had heard, the two thresholds stood. One was the Threshold to reincarnation, the other being...

The gateway to hell.

The Guardian of Thresholds stood waiting at the center of the room. His eyes slowly trailed up and as they fell on the Guardian, a flicker of recognition passed through them.

Or is it to take someone's life?

"Angels of Battle."

The Guardian's voice was commanding as his eyes passed over every single angel guard but him. "Just lead him to the threshold to your left and your job here will be done."

On the left of him, stood the said Threshold the Guardian mentioned. Over the door frame, where the words etched in inky red: Lasciate ogne Speranza, voi ch'intrate. Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

He turned his head back to the angel with a humorless smile. "Of course...How ironic it is that it's you who gets to lead me to Hell, NJ." He hung his head down. "I hope it helps. Although, what I did to you was..." He couldn't complete it.

The Guardian stared straight ahead still. Yet the distinct tick in his jaw and his clenched fists revealed what his expressionless countenance failed to convey.

Once more addressing the angels, he spoke, his voice sounding forcibly restrained. "Angels, hurry! We don't have time to waste."

The guards turned to the left on his command, bringing him to face the Gateway of Shadows that stood wide open, opening its arms to embrace him into them. A final sigh left his parched lips as he stared up.

Or maybe thousands of lives?

This was the end. There will be no more redemption. No more second chances. Nothing except for the inevitable eternal torment he was about to face. The torture that was well deserved for his sins. Sins...

What's the most sinful thing to do?

The answer to that is...

It's f*cking nothing.

A cold smile crept across his lips as the guards dragged him towards the door to Hell. The shadows that swirled inside the threshold reflected on his eyes that were slowly beginning to reclaim their lost glimmer.

There are no sins in this world. Only desires.

And the extent one's willing to go to follow them.

Something buzzed from the core of his being. Something he'd kept hidden for a long time. Something that he'd yearned to use for a long while. Something that they didn't know was still present with him, safe and secure, deeply etched in his very being. Electricity so powerful surged throughout his body and spread to his entire body, to his limbs, to his arms, to his palms to his fingertips and-

BOOM!

The angel guards crashed into the walls and crumpled to the floor in lifeless heaps. A delighted giggle left his lips.

Since when was it a sin to follow your desires?

His chilling gaze, two burning rings of fire, passed over to the one surviving angel who stood at the center.

Cowards call it a sin.

"Vile one," the Guardian walked forward, sweeping his arms in a fluid motion as he summoned his sword. "How dare you--"

But it was the angel that got slammed to the wall the next second, a blackened hand gripping his throat, squeezing the angel's life force out of him the next second as his sword flew away from him.

"Namjoon Kim," he inched close to the struggling angel's face, staring deep into his soul. The Vile one's gaze shone magnificently, a manic beam of pleasure tugging at his lips. "I'm going to end you." He breathed.

"You will not escape--" Namjoon wheezed, struggling to speak against the Vile One's hold around his neck. "You will- will receive your punishment in--"

"Punishment?" The Vile one coked his head, an eyebrow raised. "Oh to hell with it!" His grin stretched, "Pun intended."

The angel willed himself to gather his power and push it into him, causing him to loosen his grip on the angel. A chain around the angel's neck broke off as the Vile one slammed back into the ground. 

Crash!

The angel's eyes shone an intense gold and he muttered an incantation under his breath, his gaze trained on the miscreant. Ropes of pure white suddenly appeared around the Vile one confining him before he rebelled against his fate again.

He looked at himself and the ropes that now bound him as he sat on the floor. His eyes slowly dragged up to the angel. What glimmered from the depths of his eyes wasn't rage. It was amusement.

"I will finish you, angel."

"Give it up! It's over! You're going to hell." Namjoon spat but the Vile one only gave him a low chuckle.

"But not now..."

His deep gaze bore into the Guardian, "There will come a time..."

"Ho-Seok--" Namjoon began but he was cut off again.

"Wait for me," he winked.

"Vile o--"

WHAM!

A sudden burst of power blasted the Guardian of Thresholds off his feet and he slammed into the wall, a trickle of blood dripping down his forehead. He made to move again but his head was slammed back into the wall by an invisible force. The Vile one stood up from his place; the rope that once confined him laid cut at his feet.

Do you know what they call me?

He turned away from the angel who fought to reach him to the door that stood to his right. A phrase etched in glowing white ink, shone from above revealing his destination: Initium novum. A new beginning.

They call me the Devil. And I laugh at their faces.

He walked up to the Threshold of Reincarnation and pushed the door open. A brilliant light so bright shone in from beyond blinding him. A horrified cry and sounds of even more vigorous struggles reached his ears.

Because...

He gave a final glance to the angel on the floor gasping and trying to break free from his powers in vain and a final contented smile graced his lips.

They're right.

He turned back and walked into the light.

I'm the Devil.

_______________________

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

7K 371 6
[๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐‹๐„๐“๐„๐ƒ] Where Taehyung and Jeongguk hate each other with a burning passion, fighting like cats and dogs and rile each other up in every...
140K 8.3K 31
A story in which a girl has a really bad luck in love and always ended up broken hearted in a relationship. So, she headed to the fortune teller for...
2.9K 154 17
I make hell real ..... I stroke it's fires ..... he has fire encircled around him ..... but never let's a single flame touch her ..... Devillish...
72.2K 4.8K 26
Winter always comes with surprises. Sometimes it brings you the joy in the form of solitude, other times it comes with a snowstorm that buries your o...