The Billionaire Summer

By AidinWhite

{Book #2 of The Winters Series} A week after leaving New York Adrian Winters once plagued by blame of the kid... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty

Chapter Five

2K 45 0
By AidinWhite

There seemed to be a tension around the room for the past ten minutes and I had a feeling it was due to the arrival of Aria, but I wasn't about to have it openly brought up.

I also didn't want to make anything worse so I purposely ignored the tension.

"How long have you and Aria known each other?" Hunter asks looking between Aria who was across the room and me cuddling with Olivia on the couch.

"Since I was four, I got to see her until I went to Thornbrook, because she came to LA" I reply. Over time I've learned to give minimal descriptive answers so that it answers questions but doesn't add to much to it.

"Even when you went to the Rosenberg Institute?" Olivia asks her grey green eyes staring into mine.

"Yes, most of our friendship was formed there, same with the boys, you also know what my childhood was like, she helped me through it only if I went to her" I say.

"That's because your stubborn and heavily self reliant" Aria says.

Well don't expose me.

"Yes, I am, I will admit, I went through a time where I was an overly closed off person, though I did have some anger issues".

"You were always closed off so none of us noticed, also what do you mean anger issues?" Riley asks looking up at me.

"You all know I'm a confident, hardworking, cunning, assertive, occasionally emotionally controlled individual" I say and they all nod, "well I developed anger issues from being away from my family, and I was so controlling that I pushed people away because I was very apathetic when challenged about it".

"Oh damn, you have changed a lot then" Hunter says.

"What made you change?" Mia asks.

"I realized how bad I had become when people I had been close to at Rosenberg began distancing themselves. I might be an introverted, independent person but I also know that human interaction is key to being healthy, and I started to change that, I started to use meditation, working out, sports, and things that improved me in one way or another to change my bad habits. Now here I am".

"I don't think any of us saw it" Riley remarks.

"That's because I hid my emotions from everyone I state, though my anger was obvious to everyone but for some reason you three just accepted it".

"You have the worst demons in the room, we all know that" Nico says looking up from his book.

"We all have demons, some we don't let out, others we don't even let be known" I muse.

That's the thing with being the child of wealthy families. We all had issues and did things because of them. Hunter partied and drank, Riley had a period of being reckless and had gotten in trouble because of it. Nico didn't see his parents much and luckily was only faced with depression for a few years which we all helped him in our own way by being supportive and reminding him were all here for him. Kate left the Upper East Side because she missed our parents so much that she too turned to partying though now it's not as bad as it once was. Aria I don't know if she's ever had a negative coping mechanism, Olivia's was the aftermath of a toxic relationship that meant she had some trust issues at first when she met the group. Mine just seemed endless up until I met Olivia who is priceless to me and always will be.

"That's true" Kate mutters as if contemplating her own dark past.

"On a lighter note, I need to get ready for tonight" I say lifting Olivia in her exact position so I could get off the couch, before setting her back down.

"What's tonight?" Hunter asked while I walked toward the stairs.

"That's a secret" I say with a smirk before going upstairs to find something presentable for me and Olivia's date, I also wasn't going to take her to a restaurant that would be a little cliche so I had a different idea.

I quickly found a denim dark green jacket because I usually look dark and brooding and that's not entirely what I want to look like out here.

After figuring out the rest of my outfit I got into the shower to make sure I was clean despite having already had one today.

When I get out I get dressed and walked downstairs to get the key for my M5, which is a better daily then my other cars out here. I also needed to put things in it, and the trunk space in all my other cars is lacking.

"Where are you going?" Olivia asked walking down the hallway by the stairs.

"I have a few errand to run I'll be back in an hour" I say giving her a smile before I walk out the front door and walk away down to my car.

Getting in, I started the car and drove away out of my gate.

I ended up driving around LA getting all the things I wanted, food, blankets, and a three wick candle. I then drove towards the Hollywood sign.

I wanted to have this set up before I go to get Olivia, and I only had twenty minutes left of the hour I gave myself.

After I had it all set up, I pulled out my phone and messaged Olivia.

Bellissima

Get ready I'm on my way home now
Read 4:25

Okay, see you soon
Recieved 4:26

Yes you will, choose something simple, and maybe grab a warm coat
Read 4:27

I can do that, also I didn't bring a coat, I didn't really think I would need one on this trip.
Recieved 4:28

Take one of mine I have to many clothes anyway
Read 4:29

Haha, you do but at least you're always prepared for any day of the year
Recieved 4:30

True, alright I'm getting in my car
Read 4:31

Drive safe
Received 4:32

I always do
Read 4:33

I then pocketed my phone and walked back to my car before getting in, and heading back home.

The drive was slow mostly because for once I chose to take my time and did slightly under the speed limit but it was also before the drive home rush from everyone that lived here though it's not like living in Hollywood was cheap and most of the people in the area's that me, Kate, and Aria lived was multi millionaires or in a select few cases billionaires, others even just found a nice small house in the prestigious areas.

As I got home I saw Olivia in white jeans, and a dark green top the same colour as my jacket while holding a sweater that would go well with what she was wearing, sitting on the bottom step waiting for me, but I had also taken twenty seven minutes to drive home.

I got out of the car, right as she stood to walk over to me.

"You look cute" I say looking her up and down, "I think this might be one of my favourites".

"Thank you" she says while blushes and starts to looks down, which I stop her from doing by lifting her chin.

"Olivia, for such a gorgeous girl your so shy, you don't have to hide your blushes from me, you look perfect all the time no matter what" I say giving her a warm smile, "I'm also always going to lift your head when you blush and look down".

"I do it because I feel like I don't deserve you at times" she says.

I stop smiling, before lifting her so she's level to my eyes.

"Look at me, you are all I will ever want or need, your flawlessly beautiful and always will be. Plus you know I will never lie to you, or play with your emotions. I love you, just as much as I love life because you are my life, you always have been since I met you nearly a year ago. I may not have been the most emotionally open person when you met me, but you changed me for the better right from day one, and I can promise you that out of the eight billion people in the world there is only one for me, and only one I would pick, that's you bellissima" I say looking into her eyes so she can see that I'm being genuine.

Without a seconds hesitation she presses her lips to mine, and I quickly reciprocate the action.

When we break apart, she's smiling at me brightly.

"I would only pick you as well, you smooth talking devil" Olivia says, and I smirk at her.

"I'm the best looking devil you'll ever meet" I say putting her down, and opening her door.

"That's definitely true" Olivia muses sliding into the seat, and I just smile at her.

"I have to go get one thing that is inside then we can go" I say shutting her door and walking away up to the front door of the house, and heading up to my room, where my guitar was, and grabbed it before walking back downstairs.

"Have fun" Riley called.

"Stay safe" Hunter added as I walked out the front door rolling my eyes.

Walking down to the car I put it in the trunk before walking over to the driver side and getting into the car before I buckled my seat and smiled over at Olivia.

"Ready to go?" I ask, and she nods, before I pull out of the driveway and began driving towards where I set up the dinner for us both.

As we got to the Hollywood sign, I parked and got out of the car before popping the trunk, and going to get my guitar.

"You brought your guitar" Olivia says noticing the instrument case I held.

"Yes, I want to play a song for you, after we have eaten" I say as we walk down the path to where I set up the dinner for us.

"Adrian it's amazing" Olivia says looking over what I had set up for us.

"Your welcome bellissima" I say sitting down across from her, I then uncovered the box of pizza which had a sentence written on the top that read: now we get to eat the pizza not just look at it.

"So that's why you put it way out here so Kate couldn't hide it" Olivia muses looking over at me as I open it.

"Exactly plus I'm not entirely one for overpriced food sometimes a medium deluxe pizza is enough" I say.

"I hope you haven't given up on other foods we like from restaurants, because we're still going once in a while" Olivia states.

"I would have it no other way, just truffles and caviar are not happening" I say taking a slice from the box.

"I am taking you for lobster at some point again".

I laugh remembering Kate telling everyone my love of lobster.

"Okay it's good, like really good".

"I'll take your word for it".

As the sun slowly set me and Olivia sat looking over Los Angeles while 'golden hour' as it was called, fell over the city.

While Olivia was focused on the city I moved over to where my guitar was and pulled it out of its case before using the strap to keep it in the air.

I then began to slowly strum the chords to Beggin by Måneskin which immediately caught her attention.

Watching her reaction as I played was only making it more enjoyable to play the song.

When I finished she clapped and I took a bow while laughing before putting the guitar back in its case.

"I know you how long did you sit practicing that" Olivia asked closing the now empty box.

"A week and a half" I reply, "I'm too harsh on myself at times because once I start I don't want to stop so theres my determination level" I say helping to put everything away from the aid of the candle which had been burning the whole time we were here.

Once the car was packed I looked back at Olivia who stood my sweater wrapped around her as she looked over LA and its lights.

I then walked up behind her and hugged her resting my head on her shoulder.

"Do you ever look at a city and wonder what it's like for those less fortunate than you?" she suddenly asks and I know why.

The homeless population in Los Angeles is massive.

"All the time the part that makes me feel worse is that with the eighty billion dollars I have I could only give the homeless population individually a million dollars, across the whole U.S I could give them all one hundred forty thousand, and the whole world's six billion homeless just twelve. Goes to show how corrupted and blind some of us are to the misfortune of others" I say, "now you know where my parents fortune went to help people get back on their feet".

"Does it help".

"Knowing that I could eradicate homelessness across the US yes it does, that's what I'd like to do, is give them all jobs help them get back into society to be able to live again, help those with addictions detox and get their lives back. I want to help people. You want to be a neurosurgeon, I want to use my wealth to end homelessness across the US, then move country by country until there is no such thing as a homeless population. Though it's wishful thinking I'd like to help fix something that if given time and the right opportunity could no longer exist".

"You could do it, it wouldn't be immediate but you could definitely have a hand in helping people on a global scale" Olivia says.

"That's the hope, we should get home before the group sends out a search party" I say letting go of her and walking back to the car.

Olivia then followed the sweater still pulled around her shoulders.

We both got into the car, and I drove away back towards the house.

As we passed beneath the lights of LA, Olivia fell asleep, and I smiled at the peacefulness across her face.

When I pulled into the driveway I parked, and carried everything inside, before shutting off the car, and locking it, before carrying Olivia inside.

Aria, and Kate had apparently long since left, meaning that It would just be the group at the house.

Walking into my room I tucked Olivia in, changing her into my shirt like I know she enjoys, before heading downstairs.

I want to know what happened that caused the tension earlier today.

That's it for this one, what do you think will happen when Adrian asks comment below, also vote and share. Anyways

Peace✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

482K 13.4K 26
Growing up in foster care her entire life, Olivia had no family or friends. She was abandoned by the dumpster when she was only an infant. Homeless...
15.6K 1.4K 78
Ava Richards, an adventurous travel blogger with an insatiable wanderlust, never expected her next adventure would lead her straight into the arms of...
58.2K 1.6K 74
{Book #3 of The Winters Series} Senior year at Thornbrook Academy has come with new challenges, including the return of Savannah Lovell, Adrian's ex...
1.9M 60.8K 28
You know when you have a ridiculous crush on somebody super famous because you were just a kid, but you knew it would never happen? Well, with Macey...