A Devilish Artist (Cuphead De...

By Derpy_Toon_Girl

Art by me♡ Updated!! This OC X Devil Story was requested by @EmmaDreammur24 Plot: Mystic Artist Giddens (My... More

Note + OCs
CH1: Moving into Inkwell Isle
CH2: A New Pal
CH3: The Devil's Catch
CH4: Lost in the City
CH5: Train to the Casino
CH6: Encountering Dice
CH7: The Deal Between Friends
CH8: Damsel in Hell
CH9: The Devil's Servant
CH10: The Chores Pt.1
CH11: The Chores Pt.2
CH12: Dinner Drama
CH13: The Final Curtains
CH14: Stalemate
CH15: Confession to the taste Pt.1
CH16: Confession to the taste Pt. 2
CH17: Awkward feelings
CH18: Escaping the hounds
CH19: Adoring her
CH20: Dice's Suspicions
CH21: We could be Friends?
CH22: Alone Together
CH23: The Date Plan
CH24: The Date Pt.1
CH25: The Date Pt.2
CH27: The Devil and King Dice's fight
CH28: The Train Ride to Hell
CH29: Exchange for Love
CH30: Love was their Sin
CH31: Go to her
CH32: Home and Reunited
A Christmas Special Pt.1🎄💕
A Christmas Special Pt.2🎄💕

CH26: The Devil's Trickery

509 6 24
By Derpy_Toon_Girl

Many days went by and the train hadn't shown up. Louie and Mystia decided to try another route. Sure there was a hole down from where Inkwell Hell would be in but there had to be an easier way. There just had to be.

Meanwhile, Mystic was tossing and turning in her bed. Squinting her closed eyes, she reached for the air, calling out for her parents.

She spotted her parents in the darkness, calling for her. "Mom! Dad! I'm here!" Mystic shouted, waving to them. She ran up towards them only to have flames surround her, blocking them from her reach.

"You have me~" A familiar voice whispers, snickering at Mystic. "You don't need your family. They probably stopped looking for you."

"No! No! I want to go home! Mom! Dad!"

"Mystic!!" Mystia and Pocu called her, trying to reach for her but they began to disappear.

Mystic was in tears, the flames engulfed her, making her cough. Her environment changed as she saw demons surrounding her, pulling at her nightgown. "Let go of me! I want to see my parents!" Her hand was pulled by The Devil.

"If you want them so bad, dearie, then here they are," he points to the pool of souls. "You can visit them." He laughed loudly, it was getting darker by his pitch. Mystic gasped, seeing their spirit orbs flying around her now turning to ghost form.

"MOM! DAD!" Mystic screamed in horror. She watched as they flew back down into the pool. She chased them, falling inside only to see nothingness. "Come back to me! I miss... You..."

Mystic screamed, waking up as she pants. The Devil barged into her room, hearing the commotion.

"Mystic, darling, what's wrong?! Why did you scream?!" The Devil ran up to her which made Mystic cover her face with her blankets, shaking.

"It's okay, Devil, really! I'm fine!"

"Then why would you scream?! Are you trying to have my heart fly out of my chest?!"

"I had a nightmare!"

The Devil paused. "A nightmare? That is... Normal to have in Hell, dear. I thought you would get used to it by now?"

"No. I would never be fine with scary dreams. No one should go through with that," Mystic says as she takes her blankets away from her face. "Devil, I just feel... Homesick." Mystic teared up, wiping her eyes.

"Sweetheart," The Devil crawled on her bed, his tail coiling her waist. "Don't cry. You don't need to worry about them. I bet they stopped looking for you. Perhaps they have moved on by now. Please cheer up. It's been a month. I have done everything for you-" He stopped as Mystic sobbed. "No, no, no, come now. Don't do this." He rubbed his chin, scratching his head. A light bulb glowed above his head. He wiped Mystic's tears away. "Hush now," he lifts her chin. "I want you to look me in the eyes and smile for me~" His eyes began to swirl, having her eyes mimic his shimmering hot hue of swirls.

Mystic tried to pull back, her face stiffened from his touch. "Devil... What are you... Doing-"

"Shhhh, shhh, no need to worry. Just smile." His voice was echoing in her mind. She did as he said and slowly smiled. "Thatta girl. Now listen here, Mystic. I want you to move on. Your parents are gone. You don't need them. Clear your mind of all thoughts about them. You only need me."

"Only you..." She repeated back.

"Yesss~" He hissed out like a snake seductively. "When I snap my fingers, I want you to sleep and when you wake up, you'll be your sunshine self like before with me." She nods for him. He lifts his hand, snapping his fingers. Her eyes closed as her head fell gently on her pillows. The Devil covered her up and kissed her cheek. "Sleep well, my sugary treat~" The Devil vanished out of her room, leaving her to rest peacefully.

"A lot of people are coming to the casino tomorrow night. I have it all worked out, Boss," Dice scrolled through his notes. "I posted invitations upon invitations! There are going to be trains dropping ghosts off. We need this place to glow. Dance party perhaps? Maybe a game night can be added to make it interesting~" Dice leaned over towards The Devil.

"Errr, do what you wish, Dice," The Devil replied without care. "We share this establishment so long as it fits the way I want it to be."

"Oh it will stay the same, we just need more pizazz! This place needs an anniversary every year so in honor, we throw the biggest party we can- Boss," Dice spotted Mystic in a happy mood. "Why is Mystic smiling like that?"

"Good afternoon, Devil!" Mystic gave Devil a kiss on the cheek, humming to herself.

The Devil rubbed his flustered face which made Dice chuckle, "Oh me, oh my, you two lovebirds have been busy with each other I see?" Dice was smirking with a chuckle at The Devil.

"What?! Us?! Well, yes. I can't hide it at this point. We were supposed to keep it on the down low but you just love to open your mouth, don't ya?!"

"Ya know I do. She should be the perfect addition to the stage as always for tomorrow night. She needs a song that will light up this place. I was thinking of an upbeat, jazzy tune."

"As I said, do as you wish. I wouldn't mind seeing that delicious, sunny side up- I mean, uhh, hehe, that joyful porcelain doll standing up on stage and singing to her heart's content." The Devil was nervously laughing.

"Sunny side- huh?" Dice was pushed by his boss.

"Don't worry about that, I tend to stutter. I had a somewhat rude awakening this morning. Just go tend to your duties, Dice."

"Rude awakening? What do you mean? Devil boy, what are you up to?" Dice crossed his arms.

"Now Dice, it is nothing. I had to see if Mystic was fine and she only had a nightmare. So I helped her brighten that fearful mind of hers so she can have a splendid morning in the casino. As much as I want smiles turning into misery, she is an exception."

Dice raised a brow, "Okay? But what is really going on, hm?"

Now The Devil was sweating profusely. "Nothing at all! I am just here to make sure that her happiness is in my hands."

Dice tapped his foot before shrugging, "Okay then. Hate to be distracted. We ain't have time to dilly dally." Dice walked off, having The Devil sigh in relief. He left the lobby which made Dice turn around to see that he was gone. He walked up to Henchman, "Chubbo, got a minute? You can practice your piano lessons later."

"Oh, dur, sure!" Henchman fluttered up to Dice.

"I want you to keep an eye on our boss from time to time. Mainly have your eyes on Mystic."

Henchman was nervous, "Is it such a good idea to snoop into their business, King Dice?"

"Why, it ain't snooping. It's checking if... Hmm, they're doin' okay. Between you and I, Mystic seems happier than usual. She's been distant for a while, now she just suddenly is cracking a smile. It's very odd." The two watched as Mystic happily invited the guests inside.

"That is odd. I could see if she's okay. She feels comfortable with me." Henchman walked up to her, "Hello, Mystic. How ya feeling today?"

"I'm feeling terrific, Henchman! Devil and I ate breakfast, walked around his kingdom before I headed off to work. I can't wait to sing for him and everyone here!" Mystic giggled.

"Are you sure that you're fine?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Mystic tilted her head.

"Well, it's just you've been doing heavy thinking at times when I needed your help with the kitchen duties. Has something been troubling you?"

"Henchman, I'm fine," she pets his head. "I feel much better ever since Devil and I have been spending time with each other."

"Huh... Okay? Well I'll be practicing my piano lessons for tonight... Talk to you later," Henchman walked away from her, heading back to Dice. "Boss really did make her happy. Maybe things are turning out great for her."

"That's the thing," Dice says. "I worry and I'm not the one to worry too much for others but she's been such a sweetheart that I don't want our boss screwing things up for them both. Time for us to do a little investigating."

"You said that it wasn't snooping," Henchman points out. Dice face palmed himself.

"What do you wish to do today, my dear? After all, you have a break until you work again," The Devil was stacking his money like towers to count them.

"I wouldn't mind going anywhere with you, Devil. It is so hard to decide where to go." Mystic kicked her feet back and forth happily.

"We could perhaps have a candlelit dinner together once again? Maybe somewhere different."

"Back on Earth, they have buildings where we can order food and eat up there with others as we watch the moon set. Doesn't that sound romantic?"

The Devil grinned at that idea, "Oh, that's perfect! I'll have to be Lucifer again, hmhmhm. I think I have something in mind for us soon-"

"Boss, may I speak with ya for a few?" Dice peeked in.

The Devil frowned in annoyance due to being interrupted. (I swear, Devil makes a great Squidward annoyed face XD). He looked at Mystic with a fake smile, "Why don't you dress up for me, will ya, princess? I'll get ready in a few."

Mystic got off her chair and left the office. Dice came in as she waved him off. "Boss, I need to-"

"More souls winning, I see? I'll take care of it. I'm hungry anyways to humiliate them before they belong to me-" The Devil got up but Dice put his hand up.

"Ep, bup, bup, bup, no. It ain't that. I mean it is but that can wait. I want to talk with ya about somethin'."

"Something? About what?"

"It's about Mystic."

"What about her?"

"I noticed that she hasn't been feeling any sadness so far, ya know those day dream moments where something bugs her. You don't happen to know what is up with her mood?"

The Devil looked down nervously but into Dice's eyes so he didn't act too suspicious. "I have no idea. I keep turning red as you very well noticed because of that... Behavior all of a sudden. It caught me off guard as much as it did to you, Dice. Maybe she just needed someone to talk to. I knew I would get through with her. Our dates have been getting better and this morning, she needed motivation."

In the back of Dice's head, he took a few of those clues from his Boss's words and noted it. "I see, well, if she ever feels down, she has me as well. Though I will say this, Devil. Don't take her for granted. Treat her with respect as she wanted and remember; Give her happiness. She has been such a sweet thing to us-"

"Dice, I have been giving her happiness, what more does she even want? I don't have time to chit chat, I have another date with her on Earth. Besides, she has her duties later so let us not waste precious time. Chop, chop! Move!" The Devil pushed him out and slammed the door.

Dice walked off, "Get through with her and motivation? I just need a little more evidence as to why she is like this. I will go to her before they leave."

Mystic was brushing her hair when she heard a knock from her door. Dice was fixing his bow tie when she answered the door. "May I come in, hun?"

"Oh, uh, sure, King Dice. It won't be too long, will it?" Mystic let him in as he walked inside.

"Not at all, dear," Dice shut the door. "Doll, I need to ask you something. I know you aren't happy here deep down-"

"I am happy, King Dice. I told Gumphrey that. You don't have to worry about me."

"But what about your thoughts on... Your parents?"

Mystic was about to put her makeup on but paused, looking at the mirror. "... What about my parents?"

"Don't you think about them?" Dice was feeling concerned and he never really would feel that way as he said.

"Why would I even think about them? They don't matter anymore. I love being here with Devil. He makes me feel special as I do for him."

Dice's jaw dropped. This was not Mystic at all. "Do you hear yourself?! Did you bump your head this morning?"

"King Dice, stop! I am fine! I need to go. I will be okay, alright? My new life is here. I don't want to go back home!" Mystic left with her purse in hand.

"This isn't her at all... Boss must have done something. His words about motivation and her actions, must mean that he is controlling her. It has to be. I just need a spy for this date..."

***

The sun was beginning to set. The Devil was now in his Lucifer persona. Mystic and The Devil were looking down at their menu while giving small glimpses at each other. The waiter came over, flying down to pass them their drinks as he began to ask for their order. In the plants, Henchman's nose stuck out, his head popping out now. "I'm in," he whispered in the mics which the small earbud connected to was in his ear.

"Good!" King Dice said on the other end of the line. "Just tell me what's up then leave before they return."

"You know, I don't think I have ever tried going to a fancy restaurant with someone. I would be in my normal form, causing chaos here as well. Hehehe... But! I won't, no. Not around you, my dear." He takes Mystic's hand and kisses it, making her giggle. "You look so beautiful this evening."

"Hehehe," Mystic moved her bangs away from her face, "And you look so handsome with that tie on you and your suspenders. I love the fashion choices you choose for us both. King Dice really has good taste, too."

"I will admit, he does but I do prefer to choose mine- Mystic? Is something wrong?"

She sighed, "Nothing is wrong. I guess I was a little mean in my tone towards King Dice."

"Mean? You? Ha! You are not mean though I will admit, you did stand your ground against me. I do love that spunk of yours but you are not mean."

"I don't know. I felt annoyed when he was asking about my parents... I don't want to go back. I want to be with you."

"As I said, no need to worry about them anymore," he pulls her a little closer. "You belong to me anyways. I will never let you go."

"I know and I have to accept that. I am used to being in Hell. I was really frightened but now I enjoy my time there with the staff, King Dice, Henchman, you. Though, I also enjoy my time up here. I miss Louie-" Mystic pulled her hands back, looking down at her drink.

The Devil didn't like this. He didn't want Mystic to even think of that dirty bug. "Forget that trouble maker, Mystic. You know, if it wasn't for him, you wouldn't be in this mess- not saying that this is a mess, no. I am saying that your soul wouldn't have been sacrificed to me."

"But he was a friend who took me to places that I have never been before."

"Mystic, you have me to do that now. I don't want some lowlife scammer to take you for granted. It's what he did. Do you want to feel used and not even appreciated?"

"I don't, no, but Louie cared for me. I-" Her lips were shushed by The Devil's finger. He lifted her chin with the tip of that finger, having him lean over towards her, their eyes meeting.

"What is happening now?" King Dice asked.

"He is getting closer to her. She looks... Stunned? Wait a minute, uhhhh, oh no..." Henchman lowered his binoculars.

"Oh no? What do you mean, 'oh no?'" King Dice was pacing in his room. He looked at his watch. "Hurry up and tell me!"

"He looks like he is hypnotizing her!" Henchman didn't realize that he shouted which caused a scene. He rolled out of the plants only to fall down the roof.

"WHAT?!" The Devil heard that voice, "Henchman?!" He looked at Mystic, her eyes swirling. "Stay there and look pretty, my lovely angel, I need to check something." He got up and left his seat as the waiter came with their meal. He marched over to the plants, seeing Henchman's footprints. His eyes were burning with anger. He followed the tracks and looked down the roof. "Henchman... I know you are somewhere! Show yourself or serve your punishment later! Henchman!" He growled. He could smell him but he didn't know where. "Very well... Later we will meet and you will explain yourself before you get burnt!" He took off, heading back to his table. Henchman was hanging on the window sill. The Devil sat down, "So sorry, my sweet treat. I was checking if there was... Uh, um, someone here to make music for us." He forgot to snap his fingers to bring her back to reality. He did that, making her blink.

"Music?" Mystic rubbed her head. "Why do I feel so funny?"

"Funny? Are we being comedic this evening, dear?" He chuckled.

"I don't think so?"

"Hmhmhm, I hope you aren't feeling under the weather. Earth's germs are around us." He ate his food.

"You're right... Hehehe, let's eat." She, too, ate her food.

"Let's make a toast. A toast for us two to enjoy our moments every second with each other. Together, forever, for all eternity." He raised his glass.

"Together, forever, for all eternity," Mystic said, tipping her glass onto his before the two drank. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 209 29
This is more towards the cuphead show than casino cups or cuphead, mostly because of the latest season : D About: after the devil and king dice make...
1.4K 25 5
WARNING: This story contains a lot of swearing, blood, graphic nature, and death The Devil has been struggling with his emotions as of late, having a...
27.6K 286 24
Fate works in mysterious ways, Jaune Arc knows this better than anyone. He was betrayed as an human, cast out of Heaven as an Archangel, but became a...
5K 270 23
[TICA Book #1] it all started when the ink illness went to far because of a nuclear explosion that was being tested to cure the illenss but went wron...