Love Bite (An Avengers/Pietro...

By millb321

"I can do it!" four-year-old Raven shouted to her father as she cautiously took a step toward the ocean for t... More

Introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
New Book!!!

39

1.6K 63 14
By millb321

Avenger's pov:

"Mason, why would you do this?" Asked Adrien.

More and more Hydra agents were storming out of the facility. It made the Avengers wonder how they had all fit in there in the first place. Sure, the building was huge, but there must be over a hundred agents.

"You people think you're so special. Go saving the earth, not caring about the aftermath or the dead bodies you leave behind. Just because you have powers doesn't mean you're better than anyone else" Mason hissed.

"I don't understand-"

"Just because you have a mutation does not mean you are better than me" Mason spat at Adrien, who was just looking at him, face expressionless.

"You did this because of that stupid jealousy?" Adrien asked, incredulously.

Even as kids, Mason was always jealous of Adrien. Even though Adrien's abilities were kept hidden from the rest of the world because their parents had thought it was weird. Mason would always tell Adrien about the things he would do if he had those abilities.

"I deserved to be special! I deserved to be better!" Mason yelled.

"Why did you kill Hadeon's wife?" Asked Nat.

"And why the hell would he still work for you after that?" Added Clint.

Mason smirked slightly as he responded.

"Hadeon has been working with Hydra for the better part of a century. His allegiance was being tested. We needed a simple push to get him back of track"

"So you killed his wife and blamed it on Raven?" Asked Steve.
"Is that her name?" asked Mason smugly. "Well, Hadeon said that the Avengers were associated with a little vampire. What better way to get a man to make a man want revenge than kill the one he loves most in the world?"

The Avenger's hatred was rising by the second. This man was sick (not in a good way).

"I am sorry about her, by the way," Mason added, as all the agents lifted their weapons, ready to attack.

"Why would you be sorry?" Asked Bucky, also getting his weapon ready.

Mason just grinned wider, the sight was enough to make Pietro want to punch him in the face.

"You left her alone with an angry vampire at least a hundred years older than her who wants nothing more than to rip that poor girl to pieces. Do you honestly expect her to come back alive?" He asked cheerfully.

Well if Pietro wasn't nervous before, he was definitely worried now.

"She can take care of herself," Said Adrien.

"Sure," Mason said with an evil glint in his eye.

Steve gripped his shield closer to him. The faster they got this over with the faster they could help Raven and then go home.

"Mason, you can still stop this," Adrien pleaded.

Mason just grinned wider, "Oh dear brother, war is inevitable."

Then the fighting broke out.

The Hydra agents immediately began shooting at them. Steve jumped forward to cover Sam while Wanda used her powers to make some kind of force field.

"Anyone else feeling like we should've brought the mutant kids with us?" Asked Tony, as he blasted a few agents.

Steve threw his shield and sighed "we can't have kids fighting our battles Tony."

"Did we not just send Raven with the hundred-year-old vampire?" asked Nat.

"Technically she chose to do that, you saw the look on her face. There was no stopping her" Said Clint.

"Focus please" called Bucky.

Adrien was in the middle of all the chaos fighting his brother.

He had tried using his mind manipulation but no doubt Mason had done something to prevent that. Adrien was using his cane to attack while Mason dodged. Both were moving at an incredibly fast pace, especially at their age. It was pretty impressive how good at fighting the two were. They seemed to move in perfect sync to each other's motions.

"It doesn't have to be like this brother, just give up the Avengers and your students. I'll let you live" Mason breathed out as he dodged another attack.
"You can't honestly think I'd be that stupid" Adrien seethed impatiently.

Pietro was speeding from place to place trying to knock out as many agents as he could. He ran up and punched the agent who was about to attack Steve.

"Thanks," Steve said, breathing heavily.

Pietro's attention was caught on something in the distance, however. Somewhere in the far woods, smoke could be seen rising above the ashes.
"Is that-" Steve had noticed the smoke as well.

"Raven.." Pietro whispered.

He looked at Steve who understood what he was saying.

Steve nodded, "go, we'll take care of this," he said, turning his attention back to the fight.

Pietro wasted no time in running as fast as his legs would go toward the smoke.

------------------------

Raven's pov:

Raven had run toward the woods. She knew that Hadeon was following close behind, she wanted to make sure she was far enough away so that the Avengers would be able to fight the Hydra agents but by the sound of rustling behind her, she guessed that Hadeon was catching up quickly.

She stopped running when she reached an opening in the woods. She was out of breath but still alert. She stood up straight when she saw Hadeon casually walking into the clearing, a look of pure hatred laced on his face.

"Hade-"

"Don't talk to me" he snapped.

"Hadeon please-"

"You killed her!" He shouted.

Raven took a step back, to say she wasn't scared at the moment would be a complete lie. She had never seen anyone look so angry in her life. And Hadeon was undoubtedly a lot older than she was.

"No, I didn't" She shook her head. "I wouldn't kill her, you have to believe me"

"Well, I don't. I don't believe a word coming out of your goddamn mouth!"

Hadeon rushed forward so fast that Raven didn't even see it coming. Next thing she knew she had been thrown backward.

She landed painfully on the ground and groaned. Her eyes widened when she saw Hadeon standing right above her with a knife in hand. She rolled just in time causing Hadeon to stab the ground instead of her face.

She quickly stood up and sped to the other side of the clearing, giving her time to catch her breath.

"I didn't kill Olivia-"

"Don't you dare say her name!" Hadeon threw the knife right at her. Raven caught it when it was two inches away from her face. She threw the knife aside, hoping that it would be the end of this fight but Hadeon obviously had other plans. He sprinted forward and threw a hard punch at her. Raven managed to catch the punch but Hadeon brought his other hand up to grip hers.

He twisted.

Raven heard a snap.

She kicked him away and took a couple of steps back, nursing her now broken wrist... ouch.

"She was my sister! Olivia was my sister. You said it yourself we look alike" Raven tried to explain.

Hadeon stood up, his fangs bared as he walked toward Raven, who walked backward.

"Your sister" He actually laughed at this. Raven shut her eyes as she twisted her bone back into place. She heard a satisfying pop and her wrist immediately began to heal. She took a deep breath.

"Olivia was my sister" she breathed out.

"Olivia's sister is dead," he said coldly, Raven shook her head.

"That's what she thought, that's what I compelled her to think-"

Hadeon sped forward again. He wrapped both arms around her throat and pinned her back against a tree.

"Stop lying" He hissed. 

"I'm not lying" Raven managed to breathe out. She was trying her hardest to pry his hands away but boy was he strong.

She managed to kick him in the stomach, he released his hands momentarily which was enough for Raven to kick him again, harder this time.

"Seven years ago I was taken, that's when I became a vampire. Five years ago, I managed to escape and found Olivia. I compelled her to forget me because I was scared that I would hurt her. Hydra killed her, the same people who killed our parents, the same people who took me. They killed her and framed it on a vampire so that I would think it was you and you would think it was me." She explained slowly, hoping that he would understand. "This is what they want, they just want you to help them kill us," She said.

Hadeon slowly got up from the ground and brushed himself off. Raven thought for a moment that he had accepted her story but the next thing she knew, she was dodging a piece of wood that he was attempting to stick in her heart.

"Hade you have to believe me." she panted, trying her best not to hurt him and stay alive at the same time, it was a very hard task.

"Oh, I believe you." He said, stepping back.

Raven sighed in relief, finally, this whole fight could be over. She was completely drained, both physically and mentally.

"But that means that you let her suffer for five years thinking you were dead"

Raven froze... what?

"For what?! Cause you were scared. You're scared of yourself so you just decide to erase yourself from her life. Let her restart thinking her entire family was dead?"

Raven could tell he was just getting angrier and angrier. What was she supposed to do now?!

"Do you think your parents would be proud of you Raven?" He asked menacingly.

"Do you think Olivia would be proud of you? You became a vampire and decided to hide out in that fancy school of yours, helping the Avengers, kidnapping me for something that didn't even involve you. If you had just left it alone I could've been there to protect her. To protect her from you!"

Raven had remained silent throughout his rant.

She didn't even know what to say...

He was right.

If she had just stayed out of it-

Raven was knocked out of her thoughts when her back hit the ground. Hadeon had a hand placed forcefully around her neck, making it so Raven couldn't move. He plunged his other heart right into Raven's chest.

Raven's whole body went into chaos mode. She could feel her heart racing inside his hand. With one small pull, Raven would be dead.

"You may pretend differently, but deep down you are just as much of a monster as I am," Hadeon spat at her.

Oh, God... Raven was going to die.

Right here, right now, at the hands of the person she had come here to save, on her birthday of all days.

How ironic.

Raven couldn't breathe. It felt the blood rushing up to her throat. Hadeon's grip on both her heart and her throat was too strong to be moved away.
Raven didn't want the last thing for her to see was Hadeon's angry face. Instead, she looked up to the sky. The sun was shining brightly on her face causing her to squint her eyes.

Funny how she had spent the last few years convincing herself to do something when she finally does it... it all backfires on her.

Raven had no right to even try and fight back, not that it was any use, this whole thing was her fault. Starting back at the day of the carnival. She could've just convinced Olivia to stay home. They would still all be dead but at least they would be together.

A small glint of metal caught her eye.

A chain hanging around Hadeon's neck.

She could tell it was made of the same metal that her daylight bracelet was made of.

Black spots were forming in her vision.

This was the end...

Raven's hand acted before she could think of what she was doing.

Using the very last of her strength, she reached up and pulled on the chain.

At first, she thought nothing had happened.

Hadeon released his grip from her heart and from her chest.

Raven thought that maybe everything would be alright now, that they could stop fighting.

Then Hadeon started shouting out in pain.

Raven's eyes widened in shock as his entire body lit up on fire. She struggled to push his burning body off of her. Finally, she managed to push him off and stand up.

She was breathing extremely hard from what had just happened. Her shirt was covered in blood, the wound from where his heart had punctured was healing quickly.

But Hadeon was writhing around on the ground.

Raven didn't know what to do.

She ran forward to try and put out the fire.

But as she got closer Hadeon grabbed onto her arm.

She immediately retracted it, feeling the skin where he had grabbed sizzling from the burn.

Smoke was rising high above the trees.

Raven quickly removed her hoodie that had been around her waist and tried to stop the fire.

But it was no use.

She was left to watch helplessly as his body stopped moving.

A sudden gust of wind caused Raven to turn around to come face to face with Pietro. His eyes were fixed on the burning body laying on the ground of the woods.

Raven looked back to where Hadeon had taken his last breath.

He was dead.

She felt a tear slide down her cheek and didn't bother to stop it. She was still so exhausted.

She had killed him.

Raven had killed her brother-in-law.

The man her sister had loved.

On her birthday of all days.

"Happy birthday Raven."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.7K 1.6K 40
Mistreated from a young age and sent away in her teens by her parents, she all but disappeared off the face of the Earth. Years of abuse from her new...
405K 11.7K 19
in which the dark sorcerous fell in love with the naive witch • " i thought you said there were only two of them! " " well, I only saw red and blu...
1.4M 47.8K 62
When we first kissed it set my body on fire and I knew we had a connection. From the first moment you stopped me from walking out of SHIELD I knew yo...
769K 21.3K 37
A girl with special powers, mind wiped by Hydra, has to be rescued by the Avengers. She has trouble fitting in and coming to terms with what she's do...