Sign of the Times | Liam Dunb...

By f4brays

โคทโ˜…๐”ฐ๐”ฆ๐”ค๐”ซ ๐”ฌ๐”ฃ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ช๐”ข๐”ฐ "I fell in a hole." "Yeah, I know. You pulled me down with you." โ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ข TEE... More

Sign of the Times
Back to the Future
New Kid
The Vixen
Wolf and the Fox
Killers on the Field
Wells and Anchors
Scared
Bonfires and Gasoline
Badass
A Good Something
Just Breathe
Temple of Doom
Coming Home
Gum Girl
Intense
The Language Trick
Kitsune DNA
Oblivious and Alone
You Have A Visitor
Oh Mercury
The Supermoon
Nemeton Hunters
Family Troubles
Charlie's Angles
All Over Again
Help A Friend
Not Like Us
Work with the Enemy
Broken Nose
Good Enough
Best Date Yet
The Little One
Party Hour
Bullet Wounds
I Hate That Guy
Be Polite
Wake Up
Horseback Riding
Leave Your Mark
Not Alone
The Rat King
On Our Own
As Good As Us
I Can Heal You
Rumors
Clark Kent
Someone to Trust
Believable
Bloody Hands
The Anuk-ite
The Voice
Turned to Stone
Hiding Something
Doomsday
Part Two: The Movie
Phone Home
Old Friends
Reunited
Deja Vu
Stuck in Time
Fox Fire
A Question

Radio Static

2.6K 116 153
By f4brays

Belle slowly walked around the high school. After forgetting why she was on the field after the game was over in the pouring rain with Scott, Liam and Corey, she headed into the school for Hayden.

It had been about an hour later, Hayden had gone home but Belle didn't know where to go, like a part of her was telling her to not head back to Scott's house yet, like she was forgetting something.

As she passed the doors of the locker rooms, she stopped, smelling Liams scent inside the boys locker room. She slowly opened the door and instantly felt a wave a sadness hit her from the boy. Belle only grew more worried for her friend as she walked in further. "Liam?"

Hearing a small groan from the last aisle in the locker room, Belle walked towards it and when she turned the corner, her eyes fell on Liam, lying down on the bleachers, his back facing up and his arms draped over the bench.

The Parker girl frowned at Liam, walking towards him and sitting by his feet as she looked at him sadly. "What are you still doin' here? Everyone's gone."

Liam groaned as he sat up, moving to sit normally and side by side with Belle. He slowly turned to her with drooped eyes. "You're still here." Belle gave the boy a lopsided frown, shrugging. "I don't feel like heading back to Scott's yet."

Liam nodded, sensing something was off with her too and decided to not question her knowing she'd only spin the conversation around to him.

The two sat in silence for a few seconds before Liam sighed, making Belle turn to him as he whispered. "I want to catch one."

"Catch one what?" Belle asked but Liam didn't answer, after a few seconds, she had caught onto what he was thinking and tilted her head. "One of the ghost riders?"

Lim sighed, realizing his plan was stupid and shook his head. "Yeah. Just go home. Forget about it." Belle scoffed at Liams words, shaking her head and turning herself around on the bench and pulling her knees up to her chest so her feet were on the bench. "Well, I'm not going."

Liam rolled his eyes, turning to Belle with an annoyed look. "Then what do we do?" Belle instantly smirked at his words, raising her eyebrows. "We catch a ghost rider."

...

Melanie felt nauseous.

Riding on a horses back on your stomach does that to somebody.

Melanie didn't know where she was. All she could hear was the horses footsteps and faint screaming and all she could see was darkness.

Suddenly, she saw a flash of green before she started to make out surroundings. She was in a room that almost looked like a train station and there were crowds of people surrounding the horse she was on and two others. The Ghost Rider that was sitting on the horse with Melanie turned around and grabbed her waist, throwing her off the horses back.

Melanie hit the ground, landing on her back, making the wind knock out of her. She coughed for air, rolling on her side when she suddenly felt two people kneel down beside her.

"Mel? Are you okay?" Gwen asked, catching a certain Stilinski and Hale from across the room. Melanie looked up and saw Gwen and Phoebe looking at her worriedly.

Melanie slowly started to sit up, nodding her head as she took off her lacrosse helmet. "My back hurts." She groaned and Gwen let out a small laugh at Melanie's words, pulling her into a hug. Melanie was taken aback by the gesture before hugging back nonetheless.

"Mel? Mel!" The Yukimura girl heard a voice scream from across the station. She pulled away from Gwen and looked right passed her, her eyes falling on Stiles.

Suddenly, all her memories of the boy came rushing back to her. A big smile grew on her face as she shot up, ignoring the pain from her head and backache, running towards the boy.

Melanie felt as if she were flying at how fast she had run to the boy. Too many emotions flying around her as she remembered all the times the boy had helped her through panic attacks or answered her calls at 2am to just cry to him when she didn't want to bug Scott, Belle or Liam. She remembered Stiles.

When the two finally met, Melanie practically jumped into her arms, hiding her face in his neck as he hugged her waist to keep her from falling.

"I'm so sorry I forgot you." Melanie whimpered and she could feel the boy shake his head and slowly pull away, lowering her to the ground as he shook his head. "Hey, hey. It's okay, Mel. Are you okay?"

Melanie took a deep breath, nodding her head as she looked behind her to Gwen who was still hugging Phoebe. "The Ghost Riders saw me a couple nights back, they got me and a couple players last night."

Melanie looked around the room she was in, her eyes glancing at the packed train station before she turned back to Stiles with furrowed brows. "How long has this been going on?"

From behind Stiles, a voice sighed, sucking their teeth before they appeared behind Stiles and Melanies heart sank.

Melanie looked at Peter with a scared look, a look that Stiles quickly caught onto and grabbed her shoulder as of to say "it's okay."

Peter tilted his head at Melanie, answering her question. "This isn't a train station, this is a way station. It's not gonna stop."

Melanie sighed, looking around at grey-ish room. "Oh, well that's great." She turned back to Peter, wanting to ask him how he got here but she knew the man would just give her a sarcastic comment and probably reply with "The Ghost Riders. What do you think?" so she kept her mouth shut instead.

Stiles turned back to Peter, wanting him to answer the question he had asked him before he was interrupted by Melanie's arrival. "What are those places? Bannack? Canaan? I know you know something."

Peter bit the inside of his cheek angrily before turning to the two teens. "We gotta get out of here. Nobody is safe." With that, the man started walking towards the train tunnels, catching Melanie off guard as Stiles' eyes went wide, grabbing the man's shoulder to stop him. "Yeah, in here?"

"In Beacon Hills. Your friends, your family, everyone. We've gotta go. They're gonna be taken." Peter said before shaking himself out of Stiles' grip and walking towards the tunnels.

"Where are you going?" Stiles asked only to be met with silence from the man. He sighed, biting his lips anxiously before grabbing Melanie's arm, pulling her after Peter.

Melanie looked at Stiles with wide eyes, startled by the quick movements. "Wh- Stiles? Where are we going?"

"We're following Peter." The boy replied quickly, making Melanie shake her head.

"But what about Gwen?" Melanie asked, trying to stop Stiles' attempts to pull her. The boy groaned, pulling her arm harder until she finally gave up, running with him. "We'll come back for her." Stiles grunted out as he pulled Melanie into the tunnel after Peter.

...

Belle felt like she was going crazy. She was sitting on the couch in the McCall home and she felt like it was a like too quiet in the house.

Gossip Girl was playing on the TV, the parker girl sat with her feet pulled up to her chest and she could almost hear the voice of a girl yelling at the TV because of Jenny Humphrey.

Belle felt her throat start to close up, she was spiraling for sure. That was the only answer that made sense to her.

She turned off the TV and ran upstairs. She didn't know why she did that, it was almost an unknown instinct for her. She ran passed Scott's room and saw a blank wooden door. The Parker girl didn't hesitate to go in and she immediately skidded to a stop at the empty room, a single wolf stuffed animal sitting right in the middle of it.

...

"What did you see up there? The towns. What did it mean?" Stiles yelled after Peter once he and Mel caught up to the man. Peter rolled his eyes, stopping his walk and turning around to the teens. "I just told you. They're never gonna stop."

Stiles nodded, shrugging his shoulders, looking between Peter and Melanie. "Okay, so what's the plan then?" Peter looked at Dtiles with sarcastically wide eyes, putting a hand on his chest. "I'm going through the portal."

Melanie's face contorted into one of confusion, looking between the two with furrowed brows. "Portal? What portal?" She asked and both boys pointed behind them, further down the train tracks.

"Uh... over yonder... Portal back to the real world but it doesn't work for humans." Stiles said, trying to fill the girl in. Melanie nodded, looking at where the portal was then back to Stiles. "Does it work for supernatuals?"

Peter sighed, turning around and walking towards the portal. "We're about to find out." He said, making Stiles' eyes go wide.

"Hey. Hey. If you survive, you have to find our friends for me, okay? You have to tell them about us. 'Cause they're not gonna remember us, so you have to tell them that we're here." Stiles said, reaching out to put a hand on Peters shoulder as he slightly chased after him.

Peter spun around to face Stiles, pointing at him with a determined look in his eyes. "When I survive, I'm going to get as far away from Beacon Hills as I possibly can. And if I happen along one of your below average friends and it doesn't inconvenience me, I might mention one your names." Peter said and Melanie scoffed, tilting her head as she gave the man an evil glare. "Yeah, what about Malia? I mean I knew you were evil but not a shitty dad too."

Peter and Stiles looked at Melanie with wide eyes, shocked by her words. Peter opened and closed his mouth, not knowing what to say before pointing at her, squinting. "Weren't you the nicer one of the two girls?"

Melanie shrugged, her arms crossing. "In the span of a week, my sister got sent to stay with Skinwalkers for who knows how long, my parents left me for New York again and just after I tell my boyfriend that I love him, I'm erased from his memory. So yeah... I'm a little negative right now."

Stiles let out a small "awww" at Melanie's words, turning to her. "Ohhh. You told him you love him?" Melanie smiled at the question, nodding eagerly with a huge smile. "I did." She said before a loud echo of a horse neighing stopped the two from continuing their conversation any further.

Peter sighed as he looked off in the direction he heard the horses before turning to Stiles and Melanie. "Melanie? Stiles?" Peter asked, making the two teens turn to him. He gave them a small nod before nodding his head behind them. "Stall them." Stiles nodded at the man's words before turning to the younger girl beside him, putting a hand on her shoulder and slightly pushing her towards the man.

"Mel, you go too." Stiles said, making Melanie's eyes go wide, pushing herself out of Stiles' grip so he would stop moving her towards Peter. "Hell no!" The girl yelled, making Stiles turn to her with wide eyes. "What? Why not?"

Melanie looked at the Stilinksi boy like he was crazy, using her thumb to point at Peter. "You think I'm gonna go with him?! He paralyzed me!"

"It was an accident." Peter groaned out, rolling his eyes, making Melanie let out a dry chuckle, turning her head to look at him. "We both know that's not true." She said before she turned back to Stiles with a worried look. "Plus, what if I don't even make it."

Stiles pulled his lips into a line, holding back a groan as he stared at the girl. "Mel, you're a Mori kitsune! you're whole thing is that you heal faster and easier."

Melanie furrowed her brows at the boy, shaking her head. "Okay! So even if I do make it. I'll be stuck with him."

"I can hear you!" Peter sang, making Melanie nod. "Good!"

Peter rolled his eyes, looking at the girl angrily. "Look we are running out of time! Are you coming with me or not?" Melanie looked at him for a few seconds before taking a step back to stand beside Stiles. "Go. We'll stall for as long as we can."

Peter nodded, fine with whatever plan the girl had decided to do. Peter ran and jumped onto the standing area as he waited for Ghost Riders to come. Stiles grabbed Melanie's hand, pulling her towards the further side of where Peter stood. He helped her up the tall cement before getting up himself.

The two teens stood next to a bench. They looked at the bench before looking at each other and at the same time, they pushed the bench into the tracks.

The echoing of horses grew louder and clearer before the Ghost Riders came out of the tunnel.

They skidded to a stop at the bench and as they tried to get around it, Peter jumped onto one of the horses backs.

The Ghost Riders all quickly got around the bench and sped up with the hopes that Peter would fall but the man held a tight grip.

The last Ghost Rider to pass the bench slowed, he turned around and looked Melanie and Stiles dead in the eyes. The two teens froze as the Ghost Rider reaches for his lasso, tossing it and wrapping it around Melanie and Stiles.

In one quick movement, the Ghost Rider sent the two teens two the train-track ground.

Melanie groaned in pain, rolling around on the floor before she started to hear the horse the Ghost Rider was on gallop away. She slowly sat herself up, watching as the horse Peter was on got closer and closer to the portal until finally, he was covered in green and soon disappeared completely, the other Ghost Rider following in suite.

The girl let out a breathy laugh, falling back onto the ground tiredly.

As she waited for Stiles to get up, Melanie's mind started to wonder and all she could think about was how her friends were and how Liam was doing without her there.

...

"What's wrong?" Hayden asked as soon as she, Mason, Corey and Liam walked into the McCall home where Belle sat on the couch, bouncing her leg out of nerves. Belle had called them after she had found the room and while she waited for them, she tried to search the room to find anything else beside the stuffed animal but she felt to overwhelmed being in there.

When Belle saw the group walk in, she shot off the couch, pointing upstairs. "There's an empty room here." Liams face instantly scrunched as he shook his head. "No there isn't."

Belle only nodded. "Upstairs, right down the hall from Scott's." Liam squinted at the girl, not believing her as Mason shook his head, not catching on. "Maybe it's always been there and we've just never noticed?"

Belle instantly shook her head, looking at Mason as if he were crazy. "Melissa would've told me. I'm sleeping on her couch. If she had a spare room she wouldn't have not told me about it." Belle said, pointing at the couch beside her.

Her mind started wandering to all the different houses she stayed at so she wouldn't have to be around her father; the Argents, the McCalls and the Yukimuras. That's when Belle froze, growing confused with her own life's backstory.

"Why did I live with the Yukimuras?" Belle whispered, catching the groups attention. "What?" Liam asked, making Belle look up at him.

"I mean... I only started living with Scott after we got taken by the Dread Doctors and before that, I was sneaking into the Yukimuras. But why? I mean... I wasn't even that close with Kira." Belle asked and everyone shook their heads or shrugged before Corey looked between everyone in the group.

"Aren't we literally dealing with supernatural beings that make people and their things disappear from people's memories." He asked and Masons eyes widened, nodding before he turned back to Belle. "Was there anything in there?"

Belle's face fell. "Oh, shit. " The girl muttered before she ran upstairs and after a few seconds, she came barreling down the stairs. "This. This was in here." Belle said, passing the wolf stuffed animal to the group, Corey grabbing it.

"And you're sure it's not yours?" Corey asked as Liam looked at the stuffed animal with wide eyes, taking it from Corey.

"Positive. I don't have any stuffed animals." Belle said, shaking her head, making Hayden smirk. "Well except Polly the polar bear." Hayden muttered with a small giggle, making Belle elbow her. "Shut up."

Bell looked away from her girlfriend, noticing Liams wide-eyed face. "What?"

Liam slowly looked up, holding the wolf stuffed animal right to his chest. "I have... I have a stuffed animal like this. But instead of a wolf, it's a fox."

"Do you remember where you got the fox?" Hayden asked. Liam shut his eyes as if it would help him remember more when he suddenly heard a faint voice in his mind.

"There you go. I get the werewolf and you get the kitsune."

Liams eyes opened as he looked between the group, shaking his head. "It's like... it's like their name is on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember it."

...

When Stiles and Melanie got back to the train station, the two sat at a pew.

Stiles felt weight a sudden weight on his shoulder and turned his head, a small laugh passing through his lips at a sleeping Melanie resting her head on his shoulder.

Stiles looked around the station, at all the people around him before he looked right in front of him, the board with all of the cities flickering from the broken light.

"Pripyat, Bannack, Canaan, Beacon Hills." Stiles read off the names but one stuck in his mind. Canaan.

His eyes trailed just barely to the left of the sign, a worn-down door beside it. Stiles slowly tapped Melanie away before the tapping grew faster and faster until he was practically hitting her.

"I'm up! I'm up!" Melanie yelled before Stiles grabbed her shoulders to tell her it was him that woke her up. He grabbed her arm and tugging her her towards the door, the girl practically stumbling from not being fully woken up yet.

Stiles threw the door open and to two were met with tons of radios devices and wires hanging from the ceiling.

"This is so unsafe." Melanie mumbled as Stiles headed straight for the main radio. At the sound of sparks, Melanie turned her head to Stiles, watching as he tried to match random wires together.

Melanie's eyes went wide, running towards the boy and pushing him out of the way. "You're gonna start a fire." She grumbled, pulling up one of the spiny chair and sitting down as Stiles did the same beside her.

"Let me do it." She mumbled tiredly, slightly annoyed she was woken up but she knew it was to get her and Stiles back to the real world.

Stiles watched the girl work in the radio with wide eyes before shaking his head. "How do you know how to do this?"

Melanie stopped for a second before sighing and shaking her head. She swallowed the lump in her throat, not taking her eyes off the wires. "My dad... he used to love these types of radioes. They'd always break and he'd have me help repair them."

Stiles' face fell, feeling bad for asking the question but before he could apologize, the radio made a static noise and Melanie threw her arms in the air, letting out a breathy laugh. "Bingo." Melanie said before turning to Stiles, handing him the microphone. "Say something."

Stiles looked at Melanie hesitantly before slowly bringing the microphone to his face. "Hello? Is anyone there? Can anyone hear me?"

It was quiet for a minute before the two teens hopes slightly going  away.

"Stiles?"

Melanie and Stiles shot up at the soft voice, both of them recognizing Lydia's voice, looking at the radio with wide eyes as Stiles scrambled for the microphone as another voice spoke.

"Stiles, are you there?"

Melanie smiled at Scott's voice as Stiles let out a small laugh. "Scott? Lydia? Is that you?"

Melanie let out a small cry. She knew she was probably overreacting but she was getting overwhelmed. Stiles looked at Melanie. with sad eyes, pulling her into his side. "Breathe."

"We can hear you. Is someone with you?" Scott asked, hearing Stiles mumble to the young Yukimura.

Stiles nodded even though Scott and Lydia couldn't see him. "Yeah. Yeah. Melanie's here."

"M-Melanie?" Scott asked x Stiles turned to Melanie who was staring at the radio as if it was Scott himself. When she felt eyes on her, she turned her head. Stiles sent her a small smile, handing her the microphone.

Melanie slowly took the mic, looking down at it as she brought it closer to her face before pressing the button and speaking. "Hey Scott."

From Stiles' Jeep, Scott felt his heart jump at the voice of Melanie. He couldn't remember her face but a part of him could remember Melanie. "Oh my God. Mel!"

Melanie let out a relieved laugh at Scotts words as the McCall boy continued. "Is thi... is this you? Is this actually you guys?"

Stiles took the microphone back from Melanie, readjusting in his seat. "Yeah. Lydia, listen to me... do you remember the last thing I said to you?"

It was quiet for a second on the other line before the girl spoke. "You said... you said, "remember I love you.""

Melanie smiled at her words, turning to Stiles with a playfully smile. "Oh... Look at both of us. Confessing love to people right before we get taken."

Stiles scoffed at Melanie words, playfully pushing her away from him. "Shut up."

"Are you guys okay? Where are you? We're comin' to get you guys." Scott said and Stiles immediately sighed, shaking his head. "No, no, no. You can't. You won't be able to find us."

"Stiles, what... what are you talking about? Just tell us where you are, and we'll, we'll come and—" "No, you can't. Just remember this. Canaan, okay? You have to find Canaan." Stiles said, cutting Scott off before the radio started smoke before it turned off completely.

Melanie felt her heart drop, shaking her head. She jumped to the radio, trying to find anyway to fix it as she mumbled "No, no, no, no, no." over and over.

Stiles looked at the girl sadly, grabbing her shoulders and pulling her way from the radio, making her mumbles slightly louder until Stiles pulled her into a hug.

Melanie sniffled, slowly wrapping her arms around Stiles before she sniffled. "I'm overreacting." She whimpered and Stiels looked down at her in confusion. "What?"

Melanie shook her head, looking up at Stiles sadly. "I've only been here for like what? A few hours? You've been here for days and I'm... I'm a mess." She cried out before pulling Stiles back into the hug again.

Stiles shook his head, moving one of his hands to caress Melanie's head. "Hey. Hey, hey. It's okay."

—i don't know if anybody caught on but belle and melanie watched gossip girl in the first chapter and now belles watching alone...😢

AND THE STUFFED ANIMAL💔

mel and stiles>>>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.3K 1.7K 25
i never thought that everything i had would fade away. ( julie and the phantoms / season 1 ) ( luke patterson x oc )
161K 5K 22
๐€๐๐†๐„๐‹ โ”โ” โœงห–*. | โI'm not here to turn people good. I'm here to keep people from getting killed. โž | โœงห–*. Faye was an angel sent from above to h...
1.3M 39.6K 68
โ YOU KNOW, YOU'RE RUDE. โž โ WOW, YOU'RE LIKE A DETECTIVE OR SOMETHING. โž Scout Wiley has two sides. The loudmouth mailroom girl who hates coffee...
2.2K 177 10
๐€๐๐“๐ˆ-๐‡๐„๐‘๐Ž - dj henderson, sister to dustin henderson and designated babysitter to the party battles between the thing that took will byers...