How The Love Grew

By Gimmeahugplease

Jimin loves Jungkook but Jungkook doesn't love him. Instead, he hates him. But when Jimin starts to give up... More

❁Prologue❁
❁1:Why?❁
❁2:Tears❁
❁3:A Friend?❁
❁4:Fat?❁
❁5:Past❁
❁6:Blood❁
❁7:Promise❁
❁8:Pancakes❁
❁9:Camera❁
❁10:Interview❁
❁11:Photoshoot❁
❁12:Strict Hobi❁
❁13:Harsh Words❁
❁14:Confession❁
❁15:Rejection❁
❁16:A small secret❁
❁17:Suicide Attempt❁
❁18:Questions❁
❁19:More Secrets❁
❁20:Good news❁
❁21:A Small Plan❁
❁22:Replaced?❁
❁23:Leaving❁
❁24:Hometown❁
❁25:Web Series❁
❁26:Realisation❁
❁27:Scolding❁
❁28:Phonecall❁
❁29:Caught❁
❁30:Move On❁
❁31:Daegu❁
❁32:Apology❁
❁33:Jikook❁
❁34:Fanfic❁
❁35:Eavesdropping❁
❁36:Sunset❁
❁37:Trying❁
❁38:Secret Friend❁
❁39:Chance❁
❁40:Stalking❁
❁41:Jin's Advise❁
❁42:Imagination❁
❁43:Sope❁
❁44:More Wounds❁
❁45:Car Ride❁
❁46:Fight❁
❁47:Fake Smile❁
❁48:Flashback❁
❁49:Bike Ride❁
❁50:Fanmeet❁
❁51:Toxic❁
❁52:Numb❁
❁53:Cuts❁
❁54:Bandages❁
❁55:Trust me❁
❁56:Wait For Me❁
❁57:Fault❁
❁58:Not Yet❁
❁59:Chocolate Syrup❁
❁60:Blocked❁
❁61:Award show❁
❁62:Trouble❁
❁63:Not Again❁
❁64:Forever❁
❁65:Arcade❁
❁66:Movie❁
❁67:Mine❁
❁68:Lost❁
❁69:Dark Alley❁
❁71:Sweet Dreams❁
❁72:Once Again❁
❁73:Nightmare❁
❁74:Disclosed❁
❁75:Déjà Vu.❁
❁76:Memories❁
❁77:Reunion❁
❁78:Mrs Jeon❁
❁79:Popcorn❁

❁70:Sorry❁

9.6K 491 498
By Gimmeahugplease

Jimin's eyes fluttered open, instantly getting attacked by the bright light of the room as he shutted them back because of his reflexes, feeling himself lying down on a bed. He squirmed a bit feeling something on his hands. A thin IV tube was placed in his veins and the tube was connect to an heparin IV bag to provide essential fluids to Jimin and prevent blood clots. A pulse oximeter was also fixed on his index finger.

"Jimin?" He heard someone take his name as he opened his eyes to find Taehyung who was sitting right beside him. Slowly, the memories of last night finally sank in, making Jimin's head throb from the pain as he realized that he was in hospital.

"Where's Jungkook?" Was the first thing he asked. His voice was very weak and hoarse as his throat felt dry but he couldn't care less. He was worried sick about what happened after he passed out and wanted to make sure that Jungkook was fine.

"There!" Taehyung said with a frown, pointing towards the other side of the room as Jimin's eyes followed where he was locating just to find Jungkook and other BTS members standing, while looking at him with worried eyes. Well everyone looked worried, but Jungkook just looked a little too devastated with eye bags under his blood shot big bambi eyes as he looked pale and disheveled, like he had cried all night and was still looking like he was on the verge of tears. For Jimin, it wasn't difficult to understand that Jungkook was worried sick for him.

Jungkook on the other hand just looked down, not wanting to face Jimin right now, as he felt a feeling in his heart that he failed to protect the boy. To make it even worse, it was only his fault that they both ended up in the dark alley. His feet felt like they have lost the capabilities to move as he just stood in his place with a deep frown.

Jimin tried to get up a little from the bed as an immense wave of pain washed over his body making him hiss in agony. Only when he was about to fall back, Jungkook finally seemed to budge from his place as he quickly held the boy in his arms protectively, to provide him support.

"I'll call the doctor" Namjoon informed, leaving the room quickly. Soon enough, doctor came to check on Jimin along with manager PD nim. After checking a bit, doctor advised Jimin to take a good rest as he left to talk to manager about Jimin's health complications, followed by the other members.

"I'll be here." Taehyung informed as the other members nodded.

"I-I will also-" Jungkook was about to say something until he got a glare from Taehyung, that shutted him up.

"I think you should leave, Jungkook" Taehyung glared, confusing Jimin on why he looked so angry on Jungkook. Jungkook just bit his lips harshly, not wanting to leave but be with Jimin. However, Taehyung's exasperated expression was really scary as Jin just patted his back, taking him out with him. Only then, Taehyung looked back at Jimin.

"How are you feeling?" He asked worriedly.

"I'm okay. Don't worry" Jimin replied.

"Jimin" Taehyung faltered. "What happened yesterday?" He asked as Jimin dithered on whether he should tell Tae the truth or not. He knew the younger was protective over him and might scold the hell outta Jungkook for going into the dark alley and causing this much harm.

"Actually... Umm.." Jimin delayed, unsure of what to say. "We went to meet Eunwoo and while coming back, me and Jungkook g-got lost" Jimin lied as Taehyung raised his eyebrow.

"And then.. Then while we were finding the right way back home, we ended up in the dark alley and some people attacked us" Jimin completed his intentional untruth.

"Oh? Is that what happened?" Taehyung asked, looking deep into Jimin's eyes like giving him a second chance to say the truth but Jimin just gulped and nodded. Taehyung sighed.

"Well! Jungkook told me something else though" Taehyung replied as Jimin's eyes widened.

"W-What did he say?" Jimin knew he was in trouble for lying as he bit the inside of his cheeks. Jungkook already told everything to Taehyung.

"You think I'm stupid? Why are you lying, Jimin? Jungkook already told me everything." Taehyung said in a pissed off tone as Jimin mentally facepalmed himself and looked down. Tae sighed.

"Don't try to protect him when it's his fault." Taehyung instructed.

"It isn't his fault, Taehyung" Jimin replied as Taehyung looked at him with an 'oh really' face.

"You are still the same, Jimin" Taehyung said, as he stood up. "You still have feelings for him after everything he did to you, don't you?" Taehyung added as Jimin quickly shook his head in denial.

"No! I don't have-" Jimin's reply was cut off by Taehyung.

"Yeah whatever. Anyways. Take a good rest, ok? I won't bother you anymore." Taehyung said, turning around, ready to leave. "And yeah! Jungkook was crying all night for you. But I understand that you might not wanna meet him so I'll just deny him." He replied, about to leave but Jimin stopped him just like he thought Jimin would.

"N-No it's ok. Don't deny him." Jimin said shyly, looking away as Taehyung chuckled darkly before nodding and exiting the room. Right outside the room stood Jungkook.

"H-Hyung! Can I go inside?" Jungkook asked, looking at Taehyung with pleading eyes filled with tears. Taehyung nodded as he was about to leave until he felt Jungkook hold the hem of his T-shirt.

"Hyung I-I'm sorry" Jungkook apologized as Taehyung sighed. Actually, after Jungkook told Tae about everything that happened, Tae was furious on him and scolded him a lot. He had already warned Jungkook to not hurt Jimin but once again, Jimin was hurt because of him only and that's why Tae was not able to control his temper. But now come to think of it, it all happened unintentionally and Jungkook didn't mean to hurt Jimin.

"It's ok. Jimin isn't angry on you, so I'm also not angry anymore" Taehyung said as Jungkook felt better on hearing that.

"Jimin wants to meet you but don't go like that" Tae wiped the fallen pearl like tears from Jungkook's cheeks. Patting Jungkook's back, Tae smiled a bit as Jungkook returned the smile. Taehyung then left to talk to the doctor.

Turning around, Jungkook went inside the room with the speed of light, just to find Jimin on the bed, sitting criss cross applesauce. In a flash, Jungkook ran to him, throwing his arms around Jimin's petite body as he caught him in a very gentle but tight hug, being careful not to hurt the smaller. Jimin got startled by the hug but didn't push Jungkook away. Soon, he raised up his hand and patted Jungkook's back lightly.

"Jungkoo-"

"I'm sorry Jimin. I'm really sorry. It was all my fault. I should've protected you. I'm so stupid." Jungkook sobbed on Jimin's shoulder who was taken aback on seeing the younger cry. Jungkook rarely ever cried and when he did, it broke the hearts of all his hyungs.

"Jungkook, it wasn't your fault" Jimin tried to comfort Jungkook.

"Yes Jimin it is. I shouldn't have fought with Eunwoo. Only if I hadn't argued back, all of this wouldn't have happened. It was all because of me. I-I just became too angry and ended up in the dark alley. It was my fault only" Jungkook cried hard on Jimin's shoulder, who didn't know what to do on the sudden outburst. To be honest, he was relating to all the emotions that Jungkook was experiencing right now. He was blaming himself for something that wasn't his fault and Jimin couldn't relate more. Pulling away from the hug, he held Jungkook's shoulders, making him look at him.

"Listen! It's NOT your fault" Jimin said sternly. He didn't want Jungkook to feel the same way he does because he knew this feeling sucks and he wasn't going to just let Jungkook blame himself for something that wasn't his fault just like Jimin does to himself.

"But Jimin-"

"No Jungkook! It's not your fault. You didn't know the roads and you just got lost. If you knew this would happen, you would have never left and I know that. It's not like you can see the future. You shouldn't blame yourself for something that you don't know is going to happen. That was unintentional and it wasn't your fault." Jimin scolded.

Jungkook just stayed quiet and stared at Jimin. Of course he didn't expect to hear these things from a person who loves to blame himself for things. He always blamed himself for his mother's death even though it was also something that he didn't know was going to happen in future. These words coming out of Jimin's mouth made him look like an hypocrite. Jungkook really wanted to ask Jimin the reason why he would blame himself for his mother's death then. It's just that Jungkook just nodded silently because Jimin didn't know that Jungkook knew about his mother. Before anyone could say anything else, Bang PD nim interrupted them.

"Jungkook! Let Jimin take rest. And other members are going back to the dorm. You go with them too. I'll drop Jimin at the dorm after few left medical tests." Bang PD nim instructed as Jimin nodded.

"Yeah Jungkook. You should go-" Jimin's sentence was cut off by Jungkook.

"No! I'll stay here with him" He replied. He had already made his mind and he didn't quite had any plans of ever leaving Jimin's side again in the visible future.

"But Jungkook-"

"No! Don't worry PD nim. I'll take him home with me" Jungkook said stubbornly. Before Bang PD nim could say anything else, Jimin spoke up.

"It's ok PD nim. Don't worry" He assured Bang PD nim because he knew Jungkook was worried about him and being the stubborn maknae he is, he wasn't going to listen to anyway so efforts would be waste right now. Bang PD nim just sighed before nodding and leaving the room, trying to remember the last time when maknae listened to him.

After sometime, Jimin fell asleep as Jungkook didn't bother him. He went to talk to doctor about Jimin's conditions who said that the wound on Jimin's head was a bit severe. So he should take proper meal and rest and should avoid stress at all cost. Other than that, he had several bruises which will fade with the time and sprain in his hand and leg which will heal soon too. The cut mark on his hand was bandaged well and the mark will also fade by using scar removing ointments. There wasn't any risk, though Jungkook was still worried sick about him.

While Jimin was in his deep slumber, Jungkook just sat on the couch in the hospital room, while his gaze were fixated on Jimin. After every few minutes, Jungkook would get up just to check on Jimin closely or you could say just to plant kisses on Jimin's forehead or cheeks. Of course Jimin wouldn't allow Jungkook to do that if he was awake but since he wasn't, who would stop Jungkook?

Only at late evening, Jimin woke up for the medical tests that proceeded for hours, making him tired and weary again. After the medical tests were done, the Bangtan staffs and managers who were in the hospital for their idol thanked the doctor along with Jungkook and Jimin. Jimin was discharged, since hospital wasn't a lovely place to spend time in and Jimin could heal better at the dorm. So here they were, Jungkook was going to take him back home.

Only when Jimin stepped on the cold floor of the hospital, he hissed in agony as he felt the terrible pain in his feet that made it almost impossible for him to walk. Jungkook frowned on him as he quickly folded his sleeves up a bit before scooping the boy up in his arms, right in front of all the doctor, nurses and manager as Jimin was startled.

"J-Jungkook! What are you doing? P-Put me down. I can walk by myself" Jimin wiggled in his arms in attempt to get down but Jungkook didn't even budge.

"No you can't. So stay still" Jungkook replied, before walking into the corridors of the hospital while holding a struggling Jimin in his arms who felt embarrassed because of all the stares they were getting. Every one was looking at them. Either it was any patient, staff, doctor or anyone else. Deep down, they were all enjoying the lovey-dovey moment, not gonna lie. I mean, who wouldn't? Well Jungkook wasn't enjoying though. As he carried Jimin, he mentally frowned because Jimin weighed nothing in his arms. He felt so light. Even the dumbbells that Jungkook uses at his gym to exercise were heavier than Jimin and it made Jungkook's heart clench.

Jimin struggled in Jungkook's arms more but failed because he was just too strong. Jungkook just hushed him and told him to relax because there was no way he was going to put the boy down. Nope! Not at all. He didn't care about who would see them or what others would say. For this moment, all that mattered to him was right in his arms. The exact place he wanted Jimin to be. Meanwhile, Jimin felt too embarrassed as he just hid his head into Jungkook's chest, being flustered, making Jungkook giggle on his cute behavior, his heart fluttering with contentment.

Opening the car door, he put Jimin on the passenger's seat before wrapping the seat belt on his delicate body, being very careful not to hurt him. Jimin squirmed on the car seat, since it wasn't soft and comfortable. Jungkook quickly went back to take something out from the car trunk as he returned with a travel pillow and a soft blanket in his hand. The same white blanket and blue travel pillow with star shapes on them that Jimin gave Jungkook one day when he was sleeping uncomfortably in the car and Jungkook made sure to keep these two things safe with him.

As he put the pillow on Jimin's neck and wrapped the blanket around him, Jimin just looked at him, trying to control his blush when Jungkook smiled with his familiar bunny smile. However, all the battles were lost when Jungkook leaned and pecked Jimin's nose lightly.

He blushed badly, while pushing Jungkook away and wiping the unwanted kiss as Jungkook giggled when he pouted and glared at him. His glare looked oh so cute and all Jungkook wanted to do was coo on his cuteness.

Shutting the car door, he sat back on the driving seat as he drived back to the dorm. Jimin was almost asleep but woke up when they reached home. Jungkook got out from the car quickly and Jimin knew what was coming for him. Jungkook quickly opened the car door at Jimin's side, just to scoope him in his arms again, carrying him bridal style. Jimin really wanted to struggle and he even did but eventually gave up, too tired to put more efforts. His body was weak and begged for rest.

Jungkook rang the bell as Suga opened the door, smirking at Jungkook when he saw him carrying Jimin as Jungkook smirked back like they were talking in sign language.

Jungkook carried the half asleep boy back to his room as other members just smiled eye to eye, looking at each other, without saying anything.

Jungkook opened Jimin's room's door from his elbows, finally putting the boy down as he retrieved him his pyjamas, which Jimin changed in the bathroom. When Jimin came out of his bathroom, he was met with a nervous looking Jungkook, who looked like he wanted to say something but was hesitant about it.

"Jimin... Umm.. C-Can I sleep with you?" Jungkook asked, scratching the back of his neck as Jimin's eyes widened on hearing that.

"W-What?" Jimin was shocked as Jungkook mentally facepalmed himself on what he just said.

"N-No I-I mean... Can I sleep in your room today?" Jungkook corrected while shaking his head as Jimin finally got what he was trying to say. To be honest, it really startled him for a moment.

"Oh!" Jimin huffed. He knew Jungkook was worried for him that's why he was saying this, though he still wasn't going to let Jungkook sleep with him on the same bed. He already said Jungkook that he wasn't going to give him any chance, didn't he? Then he had to be tough.

"No! Nope! Not at all!" Jimin shook his head as Jungkook frowned.

"Please!" Jungkook added as Jimin still shook his head making him pout.

"Come on! Pleaseeee!" Jungkook requested, flopping on Jimin's bed without his permission.

"Yo?! No! Please go!" Jimin pushed Jungkook out of his bed. "Go to your room and sleep on your own bed" Jimin added as Jungkook stood up, crossing his hands over his chest, still not budging from his position though. He really didn't want to leave. He wanted to be there, and sleep while cuddling with Jimin, holding him close in his arms. So he did what he could, he looked at Jimin with the most powerful weapon that he had. And that was his puppy dog eyes. However, it was of no use too.

"Jungkook! Leaveee~ I'm tired" Jimin whined as Jungkook pouted before stomping his foot like a kid, leaving the room.

Jimin flopped on his bed the moment Jungkook left as he snuggled into his soft bed. Feeling like sleep could take over him but it didn't. Before he could fall into a deep slumber, something else took over his mind and that was memories. Memories of previous day.

These memories of the previous day started encircling in his mind as everything that happened flashed up in front of his eyes, making him feel tensed. He remembered how he rejected Eunwoo, making him cry that made Jimin feel guilty again. Now, once again, the sleep disappeared. Doctor advised him not to take any pressure but here he was, overthinking about stuffs again. The anxiety showed it's outcomes as Jimin's head felt heavy and now, started throbbing with immense pain. Jimin squirmed in his bed. The same bed that felt soft and comfortable to him a while ago, now felt like a bed of thorns.

Now, Jimin really felt the need of cuddles because only that could calm him down but it wasn't like he was going to disturb anyone anyway. Deep down, he was really regretting his decision of not letting Jungkook sleep with him.

Squirming uncomfortably on his bed, turning from one side to another, Jimin felt really frustrated. He really didn't want to overthink because he was getting anxiety but he just couldn't stop his thoughts. His head was paining very badly, making him want to cry. However, all his thoughts were given a full stop when he heard a knock on his door.

He got up while whining internally because his body wasn't really cooperating and was aching badly and the painkillers he took earlier weren't helping him even a bit. However, when he opened the door, his eyes widened.

Right in front of him stood Jungkook, whose face was stained with tears. So many tears.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛

One more achievement yayy!!

#1 rank in Jungkook. Thank you so much to all of you.

Also! I'm (◞‸◟ㆀ)ˢᵒʳʳʸ

I'm super duper ultra pro max sorry for the very very late update. I just got a bit busy with the studies stuff. Take this long chapter as an apology and please forgive me.

Hope you like the chapter. Please vote and comment.

Next chapter will be published soon.

Till then, peace out. (◕‿-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 13.9K 48
"I thought you left me again." Taehyung said hugging him tightly. "I'll never leave you no matter what happen this time, hyungie." Jungkook said hugg...
12.8K 892 37
"I should be hating you, for the things you do to break people apart, but in this process of hating you, when did I fell in love with you!!!" "Can s...
193K 11.8K 130
❝ Please no-no please stop , it hurts please ❞ jimin cried out as a strong hand fisted into his soft brown hairs making him whimper in pain . ❝ don'...
134K 4.9K 53
🥇12/2/19: #1 in 'yoonminangst'🥇 "I'm not going to give him the power to hurt me. Never again." -Jimin *** "I don't want to lose him. I can't. Neve...