My Best Friend the Rockstar (...

By sbergeron16

He's been my best friend for years, but that spark has always been there. We tried dating once before while I... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Author Note - Final
Book 2 in Steel Wolf
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 1-3)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 4 - 6)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 7 - 11)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 12 - 15)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 16 - 18 )
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 19 - 22)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 23-24)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 25-28)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 29-32)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 33-36)
Dimitri POV (Chapter 37-41)
Dimitri POV Chapter 42-45
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 46 - 49)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 50 - 53)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 58 - 62)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 63 - 66)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 67 - 69)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 70 - 72)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 73 - 74)

Dimitri's POV (Chapters 54 - 57)

1.5K 25 6
By sbergeron16

We have to sit in the hospital for another hour because they want to make sure Skylar was able to keep her food down. While we wait, she snuggles into the bed and I retake my seat next to the bed. Holding my head in my hands I run through the events after we left the bus for the concert.

Skylar tries to engage me in conversation, but I need a moment to processes everything. She is safe. Those words continue to run through my head. She. Is. Safe. But she almost wasn't. If Tray and I had been a few minutes late the situation we came to could have been very different. Skylar was almost moments away from being violated in one of the worst ways possible.

Why did I let other people get into my head? Skylar has never done anything to show me she is disloyal. If anything, I'm the one who can be disloyal. Choosing someone else over her. I was incredibly stupid back then. Still am so it seems.

An hour comes and goes and Skylar keeps her food down. A nurse walks into check on her progress and declares she is ready to leave. Not much time passes before the nurse zips in and hands Skylar some paper work for her to sign.

While she signs the discharge papers I discuss with the nurse the best way for us to leave the hospital undetected. Out of nowhere Skylar begins to laugh interrupting the conversation I was having with the nurse. Both of us switch our attention to her. She tires to explain what made her laugh, but I was more concerned with figuring out a way out of the hospital to fully pay attention to her.

Skylar rolls her eyes and focuses back on the papers in her lap. The nurse and I continue our conversation. She recommends having a car pull up by one of the back exits and we can sneak out through there. Not being able to come up with anything different I agree with her idea.

She then slips me a paper with her phone number and sends me a wink. I narrow my eyes and glance over to Skylar who is oblivious to what is happening. The nurse lays her hand on my arm, which I quickly shake off. In front of her a deposit the piece of paper into the garbage. She raises her brow at me. Skylar jumps into our conversation mentioning something about sneaking us out through body bags. I think not. She should have been going out in a body bag if Tray and I didn't find her. Safe to say I do not find her joke amusing.

I call Frank to explain the plan of action and hand him off to the nurse so she can give him directions. I keep a close eye on her to make sure there is no funny business with my phone. Don't need her some how getting my number. Maybe I should talk to Aubree about getting a number change. I've never done it and after having Sierra reach out to me I want to make sure I don't have anymore unwanted phone calls.

We remain in the room waiting on a phone call from Frank to let us know he is in position. The same nurse from before reenters with a wheel chair. I tell her we will call when we are ready to leave, but she insists on remaining in the room. Her and Skylar enter into a conversation, but I still catch the nurse eyeing me whenever she can. I can't wait to leave this place. The sooner the better.

Frank sends me a text letting me know he is in position. I let the nurse know we are ready and she assists Skylar into the wheelchair. We then procced to head to where Frank is waiting for us.

"Is all this secrecy and maneuvering really necessary," Skylar asks sounding frustrated while we make our way down the hall.

"Yes," I answer her. Better get use to this baby. You're dating a rock start kind of goes with the territory. She huffs in her seat and crosses her arms.

I pray she is able to adjust to this new life style because I plan on making her my wife. I stumble in my steps for a second. Where did the thought come from? But I don't feel shut off from the idea. In fact the more I think about marrying her the more the idea feels right.

Finally we reach the exit and I'll be able to escape from the touchy feely nurse, but also means I'm going to have to confront Madison for her part in all of this. Frank opens the door for us and while Skylar was getting out of the wheelchair she manages to trip over a crank in the sidewalk. Both Frank and myself jump into action while the nurse watches on with a smirk. Skylar grips onto the door and steadies herself frantically searching the area.

I take a firm grip on her elbow and guide her into the car. When she remains sitting in the seat close to the door I shut the door and make my way over to the other side. I enter the seat next to her only to find her having a hard time holding her head up. Seems my girl is more tired then she was trying to let on.

I leave space between us not wanting to crowd her or press my luck. She eyes the distance between us and shift close into my side. She rests her head on my shoulder and I freeze in my seat. This is Skylar next to me. I relax my posture and take her hand in mine enjoying the feeling of her. To calm both myself and comfort her I draw random designs on the back of her hand.

Her eyes begin to drift close and she snuggles into my side. I end up wrapping my arm around her to prevent my arm from falling asleep. She lets out a little sigh when I do so.

"Baby are you okay," I ask her concerned I may have hurt her. I unlink out fingers and lift her chin so I can meet her eyes. She studies me for a moment lost in thought.

"I'm good," she answers. I search her eyes to make sure she is telling me the truth. "Dimitri other than a little bit of discomfort I'm okay," she says trying to reassure me. "The pain medication is doing its job."

"To bad I didn't do mine," I mutter under my breath watching the scenery pass us by.

"What did you say," she asks me with a head tilt.

I let out a sigh and continue to look out the window while I talk. "I fucked up. My job was to make sure you are safe." I shift my eyes to her unsure of what I will find when I do so. "And because I allowed my jealously and insecurities to rule me I almost lost you. I'm not just talking about how you almost went home. Skylar that psychopath could have killed you if we hadn't of gotten there when we did." I glance away from her no longer able to meet her gaze with mine and fight back tears. Removing my hand from hers I wipe away the moisture forming in my eyes.

She lifts her hand to my face and I press into her touch enjoying the comfort she was offering. Even though I don't deserve any. "Dimitri," she says softly, "but you did. You did." She says with such conviction I almost believe her. Using her hands she shakes me head.

"But what if we didn't," I admit out loud tightening my hold on her. Anything could have happened preventing us from reaching her in time. Anything. We could have spent more time with the guards then what we did or they could have given us the wrong directions. My mind starts to spiral out of control in the world of what ifs.

"Dimitri stop," she commands drawing me from the void. "Don't do this to yourself. You can't live in the world of what ifs otherwise you will lose your mind." She bites her bottom lip in thought and my dick awakens in my pants. Skyler picks up my hand and places my palm against her heart. "Can you feel my heart beating?" I nod my head because words have left me. "I'm alive because you and Tray were there when you needed to be." I curl my hand against her chest and pulls her closer to me.

Maybe she's right. I can't change what happened in the past all I can do is pick up the pieces and continue moving forward. We can learn from this and become a strong couple. I can learn from this and work on becoming a better man. A man worthy to call her mine. Sadly a few what ifs still lurk in my mind.

I go to speak, but she cuts me off. "No. All that matters is you were there when I needed you the most. Sure if we hadn't of gotten into a fight I wouldn't have went for a walk. But I wouldn't have met Lea. Shoot I need to text her." Skylar frantically searches her pocket and relaxes when she pulls out a piece of paper.

"Who's Lea," I ask her trying to place the name.

"The bartender friended at the bar I went to. But I digress. Back to what I was talking about." I'd rather hear about your time at the bar. Don't remember smelling alcohol on her. "Like I was saying if I hadn't have went for a walk I never would have met Lea. And maybe Bruce would still have attacked another innocent women, but by him attacking me he is off the streets and the world is a little safer."

I stare at her not sure on how to respond. I can hear her words, but they aren't fully sinking in. Why is she not more mad at me for putting her in harms way?

The frustration is clear as day on her face. She pulls my face close to hers and stares me directly into the eyes. "Dimitri. You're right you weren't there initially to prevent the assault, but you were there to halt it. And you were able to get me the help I needed."

I nod my head. She's right as much as everything sucked at least he is off the streets and can't hurt anyone else. I loosen my hold on her. We also were able to reach her in time and prevent anything serious from happening.

While I was pondering Skylar's words Frank stops at a drug store to fill Skylar's prescription. I reach my hand out to open the door, but Frank catches my eyes and shakes his head. As much as it pains me not to be able to take care of her he is right me going in there will only draw unwanted attention. These are the days I hate being famous.

Frank returns to the car quickly and places the bag on the front seat. "I got you some of your favorite snacks and drinks," he tells Skylar gruffly.

"Thank you, Frank that was really sweet of you." Skylar tells him with a smile causing s slight blush to form on his face.

"Welcome," he mutters putting an end to their conversation. Frank isn't a man of many words, but he's been with me for a long time and I respect him. He has taken great care of me and has kept me safe all these years. Not sure what I'm going to do if he ever wants to retire. Offer him more money probably.

Seems he has a soft spot in his heart for Skylar. She seems to have that effect on the people around her. I'm glad to not be the only one looking out for her. She also has the guys and Aubree.

Skylar rest her head against me. Hopefully we will be back to the busses soon so she can rest. Maybe she will even let me lay in bed with her. Fingers crossed. This has been a tiring day and we still have a long bus ride to out next destination, but at least I'm not the one having to drive the bus.

Frank flashes his ID at the security gate and we sail on by without any issues. Reminds me we need to either find Skylar's pass or make her a new one. I'm not letting her off the bus, unless she is with me, till she has one. And heaven help the person who gives her a hard time if she is with me. I will make heads roll. Maybe she will be better off on the bus till we get her one.

Skylar shivers next to me. "Baby are you cold or in pain," I ask her rubbing my hands up and down her arms. She shakes her head no and says nothing more.

Frank pulls the car to a stop slightly away from our bus because there was a group of people preventing us from getting any closer. Frank and I open our doors and exit the vehicle.

Not wanting Skylar involved in whatever was happening I pop my head back into the car and say, "stay here till I come back for you." I close the door thinking this was the end. Nope. Not two seconds after I reach the group Skylar is standing next to me. I shake my head at her inability to follow directions and to think she is a teacher. One would think she of all people would follow directions.

For a moment I ponder dragging her to the bus, but she would only come right back to my side. So I do the next best action, I wrap an arm around her and tuck her into my side. This way if I need to force her behind me, she is as close to me as she can get. We turn our attention to the show unfolding before us.

My brothers and Aubree had Madison surrounded in a horseshoe shape. Madison faces the group with her arms crossed and determination on her face. Out of no where she breaks into tears and launches herself at me leaving me no choice, but to catch her. Even though I want nothing to do with touching her. Once she's in my arms the leach latches on my wrapping her arms around me in a death grip.

I hesitate pushing her off in fear of touching her somewhere inappropriate and she sues me for sexual harassment. Want her out of my life not still holding on though the lawsuit.

"Oh Dimitri," she cries as though I'm going to save her from the others. "Thank goodness you're here. You will no believe the lies they are accusing me of." Frantically I seek Skylar's eyes. All of this can not be setting well with her. She needs to be resting on the bus and not dealing with this crazy bitch. Not to mention seeing Madison all over me can no be helping. Why can't Skylar and I catch a break?

"Lies?" Tray stammers glaring at Madison.

Ryder cuts into the conversation and thunders, "Madison we fucking found Skylar's ID mixed in with your things. Because of your pettiness Sky was unable to return to the bus." And here I still stand with her latched onto me. This is ridiculous. All I want to do is get Skylar on the bus to lay down and then we can sort all of this out.

"I... I... fount it," she stutters," and was going to return it when I next saw her." I roll my eyes at her words. Highly doubtful she was telling the truth especially everything she went though to try and get rid of Skylar. The last thing she would do was return the ID to Skylar. Ten to on she would have left Skylar thinking she lost the ID hoping to put Skylar on Aubree's shit list.

"Madison enough with the bullshit." Lucan interject sounding way calmer then his posture would lead you to believe. "Just come clean about how you set all of this up."

"Dimitri," she whines hurting my ears. "You have to believe me. I love you and was only wanting to protect you," she sobs pressing her face into my neck. Bitch please you don't know what love is and I've had enough of her pressing into me. This was the last straw.

I turn with my hands as far to the side as I could place them. "Frank can you please get her off me?" Madison needs to be off me before I will continue this conversation.

Frank comes to my rescue and works on unlatching Madison from me. The more Frank pulls the strong her grip on my becomes. After some maneuvering he is able to loosen her hold on me. Once she is separated from me I position Skylar directly in front of me and wrap my arms around her. Next time Madison launches herself at me Skylar and I are going to step to the side to watch her fall flat on her face.

"Better," I sign once I have Skylar in my arms. I kiss the side of her neck.

"You need a shower," she whispers in my ear. At first I'm confused as to why, but then I catch the scent of Madison perfume on me. A small smile escapes over her words. Maybe I can convince her to join me. I block out the images of a naked Skylar in the shower with me not wanting her to feel my growing erection against her butt.

Madison watches me with sorrow in her eyes and decides to change tactics. "Maybe I embellished a little. But Dimitri you saw the text message that was real." Really wish she would stop singling me out.

Tray has already shared with us, but I want to hear Skylar explain everything. "Earlier I didn't allow Skylar to explain," I say meeting Skylar's eyes. "Can you please explain now?"

"Better late than never," she proclaims with a shrug. "Basically, I gave Vanessa permission to go out with Keith." She rests her hands on top of mine connecting us. "I'm thinking he accidently texted me. I was interrupted by Madison before I could text him asking just that."

Madison rolls her eyes. "Come on she's had more than enough time laying around on her ass to come up wither story," Madison chimes in sounding annoyed.

Tray positions himself so he is standing in front of me and Skylar facing Madison. She takes a step back away from him. "Nope her story matches exactly to the one she told me before she went for her walk," he clenches his hands. Tray has never hit a woman before, but I wonder if he will make an exception for Madison. Skylar is his bestest best friend after all.

Mason jumps in on the action not wanting to be left out. "As for laying on her ass as you put it, she was in the fucking hospital because of your lies."

"See Dimitri not your fault all hers," Skylar whispers in my ear trying to make me feel better and lighten the mood. "If she hadn't started this shit, we would be on the road right now."

"Madison," I say in a dry tone remembering Lucan's explanation on the phone about the mix up, "even if Tray didn't vouch for Sky I already knew of the accident."

I turn Skylar in my arms wanting her facing me with I apologies yet again. "After the show there was a text from Keith waiting on your phone explaining the mix up." I scratch the back of my head feeling even more like shit. "I guess he had some of the people from the barn in his phone and barn then their name."

She punches me in my shoulder. "Ass that's for not telling me sooner." Her tone then softens. "Dimitri please know I haven't spoken to Keith since the night of the concert. You have been with me most of the time when the hell would I have had time to talk to him."

She has a point. My face heats up from embarrassment. If only I had approaches all of this with logic we would not be standing around now. "I know that now. Especially after Tray stormed back into the dressing room from following you and gave me an earful."

Skylar glances at Tray and he shrugs his shoulders. "Bestest best friend told you I had your back." He holds up his fist and they fist bump.

"What are we going to do about her," Ryder sneers nodding towards Madison.

"Are you fucking kidding me," Madison screeches so loudly if there were any dogs in the area the would be deaf. "Ever since this skank came around there had been nothing, but problems." She turns her eyes on me pouting. "Shouldn't you be discussing what to do about her instead of me?"

Fuck no. You just called my girl a skank. She clearly needs to look in the mirror. Tray saves me from having to say anything he gets into her face.

"What the fuck did you call me bestest best friend?" He is so angry spit is flying everywhere she is going to need a shower. "Take a look in the mirror Madison the only skank here is you." Tray took the words right out of my mouth. "You are so lucky you're a girl or I would punch you."

"I don't condone men hitting women," I scoff, "but you make me want to make an exception after all the shit you've pulled."

Aubree comes out of nowhere and says, "guess it's a good think I'm a girl then," right before she punches Madison in the middle of her face. Madison falls onto her ass. "By the way you are fired," Aubree adds with a smile.

We all stand there in shock over Aubree's actions. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would see Aubree punch someone in the face. Usually she's the one stopping us from punching someone. I'm proud of her.

Madison remains on the ground clinging to her bleeding nose moaning in pain. We all look around none of us wanting to meet her gaze because we don't want to help her from the ground. In my book she got exactly what she deserved. Truthfully she's getting off way easier than she should, but I want her gone so I won't press the matter.

"You bitch," Madison yells.

"Seriously you couldn't of come up with something better than bitch," Aubree asks her shaking her head in disappointment. "I know I'm a bitch and were the title proudly," Aubree snaps standing above her.

"Fine... fine...," Madison stumbles through her words. "you cunt!" Skylar's hand flies to her mouth and her eyes get really big. The guys and myself stare at each other unsure on how to react to this new development.

I'll fucking kill you," Aubree screams in an overly scary voice. If she ever aimed the voice she was using my way I would look into how one goes into protective custody.

Aubree charges towards Madison and I fear we are going to need to post bail after Aubree gets her hands on Madison. Apparently Ryder and Lucan have other ideas. They rush to Aubree. Personally I would have let Aubree beat the shit out of Madison. I would have happily spent whatever money I would have needed to clear Aubree after. Lucan positions himself between Aubree and Madison. Ryder gets behind Aubree and pick up the sputtering hell cat. She fights Ryder and demands he let her go.

Frank steps in being the better person and helps Madison to her feet. Madison staggers to her feet and continues to throw insults. Apparently she has a death wish. "I'll sue you." Madison sends Aubree a gloating smile with her blood-stained teeth.

Aubree stops fighting against Ryder's hold and falls to the ground laughing. What the fuck is going on? Ryder glances at me confused as to what caused this reaction from Aubree. We all are confused.

Aubree points to Madison and through peals of laughter says, "you're going to sue me," she points to herself. "You're hilarious." More laughter flouts from Aubree and we all stand there helpless, unsure on what to do next.

Aubree reaches her hand up to Ryder and he helps her stand. She wipes away her tears from laughing so hard. "Man I needed that after the shit show of today." Aubree dusts herself off and morphs into the Aubree we are use to. Thank God. The other one was scaring me. "You try coming after me or the band and I have a slew of lawsuits I can slap on you that would make getting punched in the nose be nothing. And those are all before the one of you sexually harassing Dimitri."

"Dimitri," Madison sobs. If I haven't yet helped you why the fuck would I do so now. "I did all of this for you. I love you. Don't you love me?"

The word no is on my lips, but Skylar laughs cuts me off. Her laughter is silence quickly and she is gripping her head. Panic rises in my throat while I brace myself to pick up Skylar and run for the bus. Her breathing returns to normal and she says, "please."

She resumes her position in my arms and I take her action to mean she's okay. Even though I'm not one hundred percent convinced. "No Madison I don't love you," I tell her hoping this will put an end to her delusions. "Never have never will." I seal my words by kissing Skylar. "My heart belongs to Skylar. Forever and always."

Security approaches our group cautiously. Frank must have called them. They stop glancing at each of us. Lucan steps forward and points in Madison's direction. "Will you please escort her on the bus to gather her things and then take her to the nearest airport. She is no longer employed by Steel Wolf."

Hearing those words have never made me happier. She will finally be gone. To bad it took Skylar getting hurt for her to be fired. Al least now the tour will be less stressful and run more smoothly.

Madison heads to the bus with a guard on either side of her after she put up a little fight. They were taking no chances. Skylar untangles herself from my arms and takes off after Madison before I could react. When Skylar reaches her she dosen;t say a word. All she does is rip the ID from around her neck and return to my arms.

She rests her head on my shoulder. "Can I please go rest," she asks in an exhausted voice.

"Of course, baby," I tell her kissing the top of her head.

We got to head to the bus and Skylar sways on her feet. The excitement is catching up to her quickly. Fearful she is going to fall over and hurt herself more I pick her up bridle style and carry her straight to our bed on the bus. As gently as I can I place her on the bed and tuck her in placing a kiss on top of her head.

"Rest baby," I whisper. "I'll be back to cuddle once we are on the road," I reassure her when she doesn't loosen her grip in my shirt. "Then when you wake up we can talk."

I leave my sleeping angle on the bus and head outside. The guys are all standing around and yelling could be heard from the bus. "Where's Aubree," I ask even though I already have a good idea what the answer is going to be.

"On the bus," Lucan answers me eyeing the bus in fright.

"Why," I ask hesitantly staring the guys in confusion.

Ryder steps up closer to me. "She was afraid Madison would try and steal some of her stuff."

"And no one thought to follow her onto the bus." Are they wanting to have to bail Aubree out of jail?

Lucan shrugs his shoulders. "None of us wanted to get involved and end up in her crossfire." His words surpise me usually he's the first to jump in to keep the peace.

"We also figured the security guards would be able to keep both of them in line." Tray adds then focuses his eyes on me. "How was she?"

I let out a sigh and run a hand through my hair, but before I can respond we hear yelling coming from Aubree's bus. We all race over to see what is happening now. A suite case comes flying out the door and almost hits Ryder in the head. We all take a step back and watch Aubree continuously throw Madison's stuff from the bus.

After a bit of time passes Aubree steps off the bus rubbing her hands together. "What," she asks with a shrug as though watching her throw luggage from his bus was normal. "She was taking forever and we are already behind time. So I thought I would help her. Not we can leave."

One of the guards slowly steps out of the bus. "Can you please get her a little further away from the bus before we bring the other one out?"

Ryder grabs Aubree's hand and drags her away from the bus. The rest of us remain where we are at. Once the guard was satisfied she was far enough away he yells up to the other guard and he brings out a haggard Madison.

Madison dosen't meet any of our eyes. She goes about organizing her belongings. "Can you please have her step away so I can get on my bus? We really do need to hit the road," Aubree calls out.

The guards agree and drag Madison away. Ryder leads Aubree to her bus and tells the driver to head out. Aubree complains she will wait for us. Ryder tells her a firm no and we will see her at the next location. Then he practically throws her on the bus and the drive takes off before she can get off the bus.

The atmosphere slightly lightens now that Aubree is gone. One less person we have to worry about getting into a fight. All of us walk away from the pile of Madison's stuff except Lucan. Since we sent Aubree on her way he steps up to be the one to make sure Madison's trip home is booked and make sure we aren't needed for anything else.

The rest of us linger by the bus keeping a close eye though Lucan isn't someone to worry about losing his temper. Takes him a lot to blow up and usually he only does if someone is hurting someone he cares about.

Lucan returns to us and informs us the trash has been taken out. We shuffle back to the bus and climb back in. Lucan tells the driver we are ready to rock and roll. He pulls out of the parking lot and we hit the highway. I've never wanted to leave a city as much as I wanted to leave Boston. Not sure if I ever want to come back. No offence to the city the fans were great. There are too many negative memories here now.

I sit with the guys for a moment before seeking out Skylar. We share in a few rounds of shots and slump in our seats. All of us are drained, but we have another show right around the corner. Ryder informs us Aubree has pushed the show back by a day and we all let out a happy sigh. When the harder stuff comes out I take that as my cue to go lay with Skylar.

When I open the door I discover she is still awake. I sit on the bed and fun my fingers down her face. "What are you still doing awake?" She should be resting.

"Every time I close my eyes the memories flood in," she says softly. "Makes it hard to sleep." I can easily hear the exhaustion in her voice and I'm again pissed at myself for not coming to her sooner. Not to mention I failed to consider how the attack would affect her mentally. Another discretion to be added to my list.

"Baby," I sigh. "I was so focused on making sure physically you were okay that I forgot about the emotional trauma." I go to stand to remove my clothes, but she prohibits me by latching onto my hand.

"Please stay with me," she asks me with such longing in her voice how could I say no?

"Of course." Since I've removed the worry I'd leave she lets me from the bed. "I was only going to take off my shirt and pants the last time so I could be comfortable laying with you," I inform her.

I strip out of my clothes till all I'm left in is my boxers and lift the covers to slide next to her. She snuggles her back against my front and I wrap my arms around her. Offering her a safe cocoon of sorts. I kiss the top of her head breathing in the shampoo she uses.

Once we are both comfortable, I ask her, "better," kissing the back of her shoulder and linking our fingers together.

"Better," she responds. Her eyes already fluttering closed.

"Good. We are on the road to the next site," I inform her. She lets out a soft sign of contentment. "Aubree pushed the show back by a day or so it's going to be tight for a few days, but nothing too serious."

"Okay," she whispers. "I should be feeling better by the time the concert starts."

The thought of her being anywhere not on the bus has my breath catching in my throat. She needs to be on the bus where I don't have to worry about her getting hurt. Plus she needs to be somewhere she can rest without the onslaught a concert would put her through.

I shake my head no. "You are staying on the bus and sitting this one out."

Skylar's breathing changes at my words to a more erratic rhythm and he eyes enlarge. I rub her back wanting to alleviate her distress and I ask her a few times what's wrong, but she doesn't answer me.

After sometime passes she manages to say "don't want to be alone." Of course she wouldn't want to be alone after what happened. I could I be such a fool.

"Of course baby," I say gently. "I'll stay with you for as long as I can and then when I have to leave Frank can stay with you. Okay," I ask her wanting her to have input on who stays with her. I pull her hair back from her face so I can kiss her.

She nods her head. "Okay. Sorry for the hassle."

"Hassle," I question her. Why would she think she was being a hassle? This is as much for her as for me. Now I won't have to worry too much since Frank will be with her. I would trust no one else to her wellbeing. "Baby you're never a hassle. I want you to feel safe and is this will help you feel safe so be it. I'll higher fifty people to guard you is you wanted me to."

A small giggle escapes her lips at her words. I'm glad I can help her find joy again, but what has caused her to laugh? I tilt my head to the side staring into her eyes, but they give away none of her secrets.

"No I'm good," she assures me. "Frank will be more than enough."

I eye her with concern. "Okay baby. Now try and get some sleep."

She snuggles into my arms and falls asleep. I'm not long behind her.

~*~

Sadly I'm not as graceful as I would like to believe. I was able to escape from our bed without waking her, but on the return trip I was not so lucky. The first mishap is I manage to slam the door shut and the second the water bottle I was holding falls to the floor with a loud thud. The fuck I yelled probably didn't help either. The perfect storm to awaken the sleeping beauty in my bed.

I finally get into the room only to almost drop her food everywhere. This was not at all how I imagined the out come of bringing food to her. Her voice nearly startles to the point I almost drop the food again. "Want some help?"

I glance over and find her sitting in bed watching me intently. Amusement dances in her eyes. This may not be panning out how I planned, but at least I can bring her some entertainment while she is locked to the bed.

"Can you take this please," I ask her not giving her time answer as I'm already handing her the tray with out food. She takes the tray from me and sets the it carefully in the middle of the bed. This gives me the opportunity to grab the water bottle from the floor without trying to balance the tray. Since Skylar is awake I turn the switch on flooding the room with light.

"Thought I'd bring you lunch in bed," I explain when I catch her drooling over the grill cheese sandwich and tomato soup. "Figured we could eat and have our talk." I remain standing unsure on how she will respond to me wanting to talk. Also because I still might make a break for it. My fear of her wanting to leave me influencing my thoughts.

She pats the open spot on the other side of the bed. "Don't just stand there come sit. You can't wat from all the way over there." My heart thunders in my chest. Last time I felt this nerves was when we were playing for the record label the first time.

She cringes in pain reminding me of her pain meds. "Almost forgot," I say reaching for the pill bottle, "your medication." Skylar takes the pill I hand her downing them all at once.

"Thank you." She pause for a second glancing at the half eaten food. "for everything."

A blush forms across my face at her kind words. I don't deserve them after the way I treated her. "Don't mention it." I tell her glancing away. "You would do the same for me." And more I silently add to myself.

"I would..." Her words trail off and I turn back around to discover why. We smile at one another both unsure where to go from here. Skylar is the first to break the silence with one word. "So."

"So,' I respond with. Skylar's eyes shift to the blanket while I continue to stare at her hoping she would say something. This silence was worse than hear yelling at me because at least then I would be able to respond. This silence was at a loss on what to say or do.

No longer able to sit still I leap from the bed causing the tray to shift and slosh soup. "Sorry," I mutter. "Let me take this off the bed for now." I remove the tray only to place it on the couch. Still within reach is she was hungry. Not able to deal with the silence nor able to start the conversation I turn the Bluetooth speaking on and set the volume to low. "I needed some music," I explain.

With nothing else for me to do I rejoin her on the bed. We both a sitting up with our backs against the head board. The desire to hold her in my arms has me putting as much distance as I can between us. If she wants to be in my arms she will have to make the first move. I've caused enough damage.

The silence continues. At this rate we will never speak again. Seems I'm going to have to be the first to speak. Digging deep I voice my worse fear hanging my head in shame. "Skylar I'd understand if you wanted to leave me after the shit I did to you again."

I hold my breath awaiting to see what she will say. "Dimitri," she sighs. I love hearing my name on her lips, but not in the tone she was using. If I don't look at her maybe I can continue to live in denial she is leaving me. She takes my face in her hands and forces me to stare into her softening eyes. "Baby," she says lovingly. "Let me start by saying yes I'm extremely upset with your behavior, but leaving you never crossed my mind. You're it for me," she admits giving me hope we will be okay.

Her confession gives me pause. Did I hear her correctly? She's not leaving me. Needing to touch her, but not wanting to startle her slowly I reach my hand out to cup the side of her face and positions our foreheads so they are touching. "I don't deserve you," I quiver.

"No you don't," she agrees biting her lip and causing a stirring in my pants. At least we can agree in something. She rubs her nose against mine and all I want to do is kiss her. "But I'm yours all the same," she admits causing my heart to soar in happiness.

Only three words leap into my mind and I voice then out loud. "I love you," I whisper.

"Love you too." She takes a deep breath. "What happened?"

I knew this question was coming, but I'm still not ready to voice out loud my transgressions. Standing from the bed I run my hand through my hair stalling as long as I can to gather my thoughts. "Yesterday was the perfect storm." Can't believe all of this only happened yesterday. Skylar tilts her head to the side and studies me with confusion. "I promise I'll explain everything to you. For Madison to know to use Keith she must have overheard me talking to the guys about you at Keith at some point. I never tried to hide my disdain for him," I explain wit a shrug. "My guess is she waited for the perfect opportunity in order to use it."

"Then when saw the text over my shoulder she knew her time had come." Skylar interrupts putting more of the puzzle together. "Because from an outside the text really did read ad though I was cheating on you."

"When she came into the dressing room with your phone, I had first thought you had lost it and she was returning it, but then she told me to read the last text you had received." The memory of seeing the words on the screen pains my heart. "And when I did I saw red." Hating the distance between us I gather her in my arms. "But that's not the only reason I was on edge." Now comes for my confession. "Earlier I had received a text from Sierra." My muscles tense awaiting to see who she will respond to the tib bit I gave her.

She gasps, "your ex Sierra?"

I nod my head behind her. "The very one," I confess feeling lighter for telling her. "I guess she moves to Boston awhile back and earlier at work she overheard her co-workers talking about come to see us."

At my words she tries to wiggle from my hold, but having her out of my arms is the last thing I want. Her breathing accelerates showcasing her worry. "Please tell me you didn't see her," she stutters.

"No," I say firmly. "I have no desire to see her," I continue honestly.

Skylar stops wiggling at my disclosure and relaxes back into my arms. "What did she want," she asks more calmly.

"First she asked if we were playing in Boston and that's when she told me about her move. She asked if I could get her tickets and if I had time to catch up," I explain keeping my description to the bone minimum. No need to worry her with Sierra's true words in her condition.

"Not surprised," she mutters under her breath. Skylar was never a big Sierra fan. I always chalked it up to her being jealous, but as my relationship went on I realized Skylar was more than justified in her dislike.

A smile leaks from my lips over her words. "Easy baby green monster is showing," I tease her wanting to lighten the mood.

She huffs and crosses her arms. "Look who's talking. And no I'm not jealous," she says too firmly then quietly adds, "how did you respond?" You might be trying to kid yourself you aren't jealous, but you question gives you away.

"I told her that I couldn't get her tickets and as for catching up it wouldn't be appropriate because I'm dating you." Which she then lost her shit over, but I kept her exact words to myself. I kiss the side of her neck and she returns her hand in top my mine. "She then got nasty. She accused me of lying when we were dating and I kept telling her you and I were just friends. The handful of texts we exchanged dragged me into a dark place."

The memories try to flood in, but I beat them back with a baseball bat in my head. I don't want to travel back down the path I had went yesterday. Everything was in the past and had no power on my future. Skylar was my future and she was nothing like the bitch.

Skylar slips into deep thought and I leave her to her thoughts enjoying being able to hold her. She finally speaks with a question. "I'm going to take a guess you were thinking about how she cheated on you when Madison showed you that text?"

"Yes," I tell her shaking my head and hiding my face into her neck not wanting to meet her steady gaze. "I was remembering how I felt when I walked into her bedroom ad found them together. Then Madison shows me that text and I feared it was happening again. So too defend myself I went straight to lashing out at you instead of reminding myself you aren't her." My confession leaves me feeling slightly tired.

She turns in my arms so she is straddling me and we stare into each other's eyes. Her arms go around my neck and I rest my hands on her ass. "Dimitri," she says softly. "I will never cheat on you. I would rather cut off an arm then cheat on you. I'm sorry for all the shit those other dumb bitches put you though. But like you said I'm not them."

Her cleavage catches my eyes and I swallow reminding myself this is not the time to allow my horny ass to take charge, but my dick had a mind of his own. He ends up awakening and pressing tightly against her. "Dimitri," she scolds me slapping my arm. "We are having an important conversation and you're thinking about sex."

"Sorry baby, but you sitting like this turns me on." My hands on their own accord squeeze her ass and she rolls her eyes at my action, but didn't yell at me to stop.

"Can we focus please?"

"I'll try," I tell her honestly not making any promises. "With a clear head I know you would never cheat on me. That's not who you are," I tell her feeling even more guilty for the split second I thought she was cheating. "That's not who you are. She just knows how to play on my insecurities and I let her."

"Are you still talking to her," she asks me quietly as though she was afraid of the answer. "Because if so you need to stop." My girl has claws and she has no problem flexing them. My dick thickens even more in excitement.

I kiss her cheek and run my hands up and down her back. "No I'm not. I blocked her number and I'm thinking about getting mine changed so she can't ever contact me again."

She laughs. Still don't know why you've kept the same number all these years."

"Because it's a pain in the ass to send out the new number," I state defending myself. Then an idea comes to me and an smile grows across my face. "But I could push it off to Aubree's new assistant to do it for me. I never thought about having them doing it in the past because I never trusted them."

She tilts her head to the side and asks in a serious voice, "what makes you think I'm Aubree's new assistant."

"Because when Aubree heard what I did she threatened to castrate me if I lost her the best assistant she ever had before she was able to have you due to my anger. She then proceeded to call me a slew of names I care not to repeat for treating you the way I did." I take a deep breath shuttering over the memory. "Don't even get me started on the guys. Pretty sure at one point they threatened to kick me out of the band right then and there and leave me on the side of the road." (crap plot hole I need to add this to the previous chapter sorry guys!)

Skylar laughs at my pain. "Think this is funny go you," I question her trying to sound serious, but failing. She nods her head yes in answer. "I'll show you!"

I then tickle her and she falls backwards onto the bed, but I don't stop tickling her. Soon I have her right where I want her. Laying on her back with her arms and legs wrapped around me while I hoover above her. I lean down and kiss her the way I've been dreaming about since all of this started. She responds to me and when she moans I deepen the kiss slipping my tongue inside her mouth. She rubs herself against me and my cock springs to attention.

I trail my lips up the side of neck and she tilts her head to the side granting me easier accesses. Which I waste no time in exploring. I love how easily she responds to me. Never holding back.

"Skylar do you have any idea how beautiful you are? How much I want you," I ramble not allowing her much time to answer the first question.

"As much as I want you," she sighs wrapping her fingers into my hair.

Then some asshole knocks on the door.

An angry growl escapes my lips and I kiss her nose making sure she understands my anger is not aimed at her. Only then do I storm towards the door and fling the door open.

"What the fuck do you want," I roar at the quivering kid before me.

"The band said they need you on stage to review some changes," he stammers eyeing me like I'm going to eat him.

"Dimitri," Skylar says in a calming tone. "Be nice. I'm sure knocking on the door wasn't his decision." Don't care whose idea this was. Unlucky for him he is the one before me.

"Nope," Tray yells from the door of the bus before dashing away like the pansy he is.

Skylar stands next to me and takes my hand in hers. "Did Tray volunteer you for this?"

He glances her way with gratitude, which has me gritting my teeth. "I was running an errand and over heard them arguing about who was going to knock on the door," he rambles. "Tray saw me and told them I could do it. Next thing I knew I was being shoved on the bus and told to knock on the door."

"See. Dimitri he was the sacrificial lamb," she says.

"Fine," I mutter reign in my anger for her, but I act childish by stomping around the room gathering my things. Noticing the kid was still standing there I turn and point a finger at him. "You will stay here till Frank gets here," I command him. The kid nods his head. "I anything happens to her it's your ass," I direct emphasizing the word anything. The kid turns white and looks like he's ten seconds away from pissing himself. I kiss Skylar. "Love you babe. I'll see you soon."

One last loving glace at Skylar and glare at the kid I leave the bus and head to the stage. People quickly scramble out of my way once the notice my angry expression. No one wants to get caught in my cross hair. My unhappy dick was out for blood.

I find the guys standing around and joking about how they were afraid they might find the kid they sent to my door dead. When I walk up I shove Tray and stand with my arms crossed.

Glaring at each in turn I say, "I swear the next time any of you try to get laid I'm going to cock block you. Hell might do so all night long."

Tray stands with a smug smile. "Good luck with your little plan the ladies love me."

I laugh an evil laugh. "I have my ways don't you worry Tray." We stand there glaring at each other.

"Enough you too," Lucan interrupts. "Dimitri get over yourself. You still have job to do. Not our fault your job prevented you from getting laid."

One of the crew members came over and told us they were ready for us. Other than having Aubree cuss me out at every opportunity the rest of the night moves in a blur. At least this concert my heart wasn't broken in two, but I was missing seeing Skylar back stage. All I could think about was getting off stage and falling into my girl's arms. The concert came to a close and I dashed to the room we were going to do the meet and greets.

I was really starting to hate this part of my job. Women continue to throw themselves at me even though I have made it abundantly clear I'm in a committed relationship. Sure, in the past I would have been eating this attention up, but now the feeling of their hands on me only made me feel dirty not excited. Only one woman was no able to awaken that part of my body.

Also what were these women thinking? I would fall in love with them on sight? I understand they appeal of being with someone famous, but come on. Took me years before I admitted how much I love Skylar and want to spend the rest of my life with her. Finally, we are given the all clear we can head back to the bus.

"What's the plan for the evening," Tray asks. "Still going out like we had discussed a few days ago? After the crazy couple days, we had I wouldn't mind getting shit faced drunk. Who's in?"

The word no was on the tip of my tongue. No way in hell was I leaving Skylar alone and nor did I have any desire to go out without her. I need her to keep all the other women at bay.

Mason spoke up before I could respond. "Getting drunk sounds great, but not so sure I'm up to going out. I would rather we get drunk on the bus." He lowers his voice before continuing. "Plus Skylar wouldn't be able to join us and I don't particularly like her being there alone."

Mason's words shocked me to the point I didn't know how to respond to him Tray didn't have the same problem. "We can always leave Frank with her."

Mason's eyes get a far away look. He shakes his head fighting off whatever was dragging him down the rabbit hole. "No," he states sternly. "Not good enough. You can go out, but I'm chilling on the bus with Dimitri and Skylar."

Ryder nods his head. "The bus sounds like a way better idea than a bar. We can go out to a bar once all of us can go." Mason smiles his way grateful to have his support.

"Like Mason said I'm going to the bus. I've been away from her long enough."

"Sorry Tray your out voted," Lucan says.

Tray shrugs his shoulders. "No big deal. A night in isn't a bad idea. Plus, a night in might do us all some good."

We walk up to the bus yelling and joking still coming down from the high of preforming. What I find when I enter the bus is not at all what I was expecting. There was pizza boxes and Skylar and the kid were playing Xbox.

I stand directly in front of the television watching while the kid tried to hide behind Skylar even though he was bigger than her. If I wasn't fuming, I would find his actions comical. "What the fuck is this?"

Mason steps up next to me and crosses his arms. "I second that!" The others circle around them eyeing Skylar an the kid.

"We were playing Xbox," Skylar says in a duh tone trying to see around his. I catch Frank fighting back laughter from the corner of my eyes. "And according to the rules Lucan gave me before I got on the bus y'all are breaking rule number three," she continues as though five rockers aren't glaring at them. She drops her voice an octave and says, "never prevent the playing of the Xbox." Can't believe she is using our own rules against us.

"I don't remember that," Lucan states. Skylar raises a brow in disbelief.

Frank, no longer able to hold back his laughter, says thorough fits of laugher from the table, "she's got you there boys. I remember Lucan giving his rules right before Skylar got on the bus." He sends Skylar a wink. "I believe the first rule is don't talk about the bus."

Lucan mutters under his breath how he may recall the conversation Frank is implying. The kid stands to leave, but Skylar stops him. What now?

"You owe Travis an Xbox," she tells me crossing her arms across her chest. Who the fuck is Travis? My eyes shift to the kid. Oh the kid is Travis.

Travis and I speak at the same time. "Why," I ask while Travis says, "no he doesn't."

Skylar stares us down when her teacher gaze and, in that moment, I realize I'm going to be buying the kid an Xbox. "Dimitri babysitting your girlfriend is not part of his job description." My heart melts when she refers to herself as my girlfriend. So, what I'm a sap. "And Travis had to sit here dealing with my low skill set the least you can do is buy hum an Xbox." She stands and whispers in my ear, "or no more sex for you for a month."

If I wasn't already going to buy him one her threat would be sealing the deal. "Alright I'll buy hum an Xbox," I mumble. She leans over and kisses my check.

"Come on kid give me your information and I'll make it happen," Frank tells the kid leading him off the bus."

Tray walks up next to Skylar and slaps her in the back laughing causing me to want to punch him. "I have to give you props bestest best friend."

"Not that I'm complaining, but I thought you guys were going to go out tonight," Skylar asks.

Lucan plops down on the couch, "we were, but figured you wouldn't be up to it."

"Yeah," Mason says sitting next to Lucan, but not meeting Skylar's gaze. "So, we thought we'd hang here instead."

"You guys don't need me to go out," she says trying to convince us to go.

I wrap my arm around her. "Trying to get rid of me already," I tease kissing the side of her head.

"Wouldn't be the same," Tray adds causing me to smile remembering how he was pushing us to go. He has his head in the fridge shuffling through the content. "Looks like we are all out of beer." He closes the door in displeasure his plans are being ruined and flopping into a chair pouting.

"You know there's this building where you take money and exchange it for goods." Ryder says sarcastically. "Now what is that called," he asks tapping his finger against his lips. I chuckle watching Tray glare at Ryder and Ryder pays him no attention. "What don't know," he adds with a shrug. "Here let me help you. It's called a store." Ryder laughs over his own joke. "You know store s-t-o-r-e."

Tray clenches his jaw. "I know what a fucking store is you asshole." Ryder ignores the fact of looks could kill Tray would have killed him and continues to laugh at Ryder. Lucan catches my attention and through a silent exchange we ready ourselves to break a fight up.

"Boys enough," comes Skylar's stern voice.

"Why's you have to say something," Mason pouts. "I was going to start taking bets on who was going to kick who's ass." My money would have been on Lucan, even though he wasn't the one about to fight.

"Boys," Skylar scorns them throwing her hands up in the air and heading to the back of the bus. Not wanting her out of my sight I follow her to our room.

Once we are behind the door I gather her in my arms. Been too long since I last held her. I kiss her gently not wanting to hurt her. She rests her head on my chest and lets out a sigh while I rock us back and forth.

"I missed you at the show." I tell her meaning every word. "This was the second one you missed since being here and I don't like not having you there."

"I miss going to your shows. I'll be at the next one promise," she tells me with finality in her tone. "I'm sure Aubree needs my help now more then ever." Skylar is probably right since Aubree is going to be down a set of hands even if those hands were not always helpful. Skyler is going to be fantastic at this. She always does a wonderful job at everything she sets her mind to.

"You have no idea she was running around like a headless chicken," I tell her laughing remembering watching Aubree sweat more than I have ever seen her do so before. "She was so stressed out that she was majorly stressing the staff out." I shake my head feeling sorry for the staff. "Every time she saw me she would cuss me out about how I was the reason she didn't have you there to help." I scratch the back of my neck and whisper, "I was really scared for my life this evening."

Skylar's eyes become sad. "Aubree is probably on her bus getting drunk alone then if tonight was as bad as your saying it was. Another reason you guys should go out so she won't have to drink alone."

As much as I would be able to go out with Aubree and help her drink away her stress and sorrows of the day Mason was dead set on staying in. I'm sure seeing Skylar in the hospital was a trigger for him. The last time he say a female he cared about be omitted to the hospital was his sister and she was pronounced dead on arrival. Aubree was the last female he let into his world and now Skylar. Seeing her in the hospital couldn't of been easy for him.

Now how to explain all of this to Skylar. I take a seat on the bed and gather my thoughts. "Sit," I command her. When she sits next to me I wrap her in my arms and she rests her head on my shoulder. "The real reason we don't want to go out is because everyone is still shaken up about what happened last night. No one wants to leave you alone tonight. I was Mason's idea to stay in."

Her expression changes to one of shock. "Mason," she asks.

I let out a sigh time to tell her a little of the past. "What happened probably triggered memories in Mason. Mason does not have the best home life after his Dad died."

"How did his Dad die?"

I rest my head on top of hers remembering the difficult time. "He was a police officer and was killed in the line of duty. Mason was super close to his Dad. His Mom not so much. She was a raging alcoholic and when she was drunk enough she would hit on us. Hence why we never hung out at Mason's house often. Mason also had a younger sister." My heart stutters remembering Kelly.

"Had," she presses with eyes glistening with tears. Here's another reason I love this women she's ready to cry over someone she never knew.

"Yeah had," I answer not focusing on anything around me. "I promise I'll explain in a minute," I reassure her needing to build to that part of the story. "So, after Mason's Dad died his Mom a few months later married Ryder's Dad." Absolute worse idea I've ever seen. If only they had never met. Kelly would still be alive.

Skylar slips into deep thought for a moment, but adds to my story by saying, "I remember reading something I about them being step brothers. I also remember reading Ryder has two younger brothers, but I never say anything about Mason having a sister."

"She died before we got signed and everything was kept under wraps," I explain. My breath gets caught in my chest the pain of losing her still raw. I can only imagine how Mason must feel. The two of them were super close especially after their dad died. "You see Ryder's Dad wound," I start to say, but have to stop myself due to the dark memoires flooding in. I have to remind myself to breathe. No one deserves to go through what she was forced to endure. "He would sneak into her room at night. I'm sure you can imagine what happened. She was only eight when this started."

Skylar rubs my back comforting me with her touch. Sadly my tale isn't yet done. "She was fifteen when Mason caught him in there with her. Him and Ryder beat the shit out of him. The bastard almost died. Wish he would have." They would have more then been justified in their actions and maybe the family would not be experiencing the pain they are. "The week before he was sentenced Kelly killed herself. Everything was too much for her and couldn't deal anymore."

I always and will always wonder what could any of us have done differently. Could we have watched her more closely? Been there more for her. So many what ifs buzz in my head when I think about her. What if we had caught him sooner with her or the first time? What if she told one of us? I push down the what ifs not wanting to fall down the pit of despair again. Some days I think Mason never got out of his pit.

"Poor Mason," she sobs with tears falling freely down her face.

"Mason's coping mechanism is women," I explain. "If you notice he will drink some, but he never gets drunk." Only around her birthday, the anniversary of her death or when an event triggers his memories. So I add, "sometimes sure he will, but not often. He may use drugs occasionally, but mothing ever hard." I kiss the top of her head feeling joy in the fact she is safe in my arms. "Like I said you getting attacked wasn't easy on him."

"I never would have guessed since he acts so normal when I saw him."

I shrug my shoulders. "We all are pretty good at hiding the pain. Only when it gets too unbearable do we lose it. Living in the spot light teaches you to create walls."

She snuggles more into my hold. "Thank you for telling me," she whispers sounding broken.

"Mason should have been the one to tell you not me," I state feeling guilty for airing Mason's dirty laundry. "But I wanted you to understand where he is coming from."

"Glad you did," she says through her tears.

No longer wanting to remain her hiding lost in the past I stand and offer her my hand. Time to enter into the present and enjoy some down time with the guys. "Enough of being in the past. Let's go see what trouble we can find on the bus."

She takes me hand and we head back to the guys. Really hope they were able to located some alcohol. I need a shot after what I had shared with Skylar. Maybe more than one.

Mason and Tray are speaking while Lucan and Ryder are having a conversation. Seems Lucan wanted to keep Tray and Ryder from each other. Wonder what happened after Skylar and I left.

Tray's eyes shift to the clock before he starts to speak. "For shame Dimitri. I know you struggle with keeping it up, but that was pathetic." Tray shakes his head in disgust and turns his attention to Skylar. "Skylar, I understand we are only bestest best friends, but if he isn't please you I have no problem stepping up."

I can take him teasing me on not lasting long, but to tell Skylar he was more than happy to jump into her bed is a whole different ball game. Friends don't talk to friends girlfriends like that. Tray was crossing lines he had no business crossing. But not wanting to break out in a fight instead I throw a box of Kleenex at his stupid ass self.

"My dick and I have no issues," I adamantly say. "Thank you very much!" Then a wrap a tight arm around Skylar stacking my claim like the cave man she compares me too. "Nothing happened we only talked."

"Sure you did. That's what they all say," Mason adds shaking his head and earning a glare from me.

"So, who did you coerce into getting booze," Skylar asks changing the subject rubbing her ass against my dick causing him to lengthen.

I nip her ear and whisper, "keep that up babe and we will be having a party of our own."

Skylar does the opposite of what I expected her to do. I expected her to turn bright red and try to hide herself into my chest instead she glances over her shoulder and whispers, "is that a promise."

A groan escapes due to her teasing me and I press myself more firmly against her. "Yes," I growl. "Don't get too drunk tonight because before this night is done I will be buried between your thighs. And you will be screaming my name then the guys will know just how long I can keep up." Two birds one stone. Check and mate! She whimpers at my promise and sags in my hold.

"Don't think either one was paying attention to you Lucan," Ryder says popping the bubble we were in.

"Sorry," Skylar mutters not sounding at all sorry. She turns bright red and I shrug my shoulders not caring we were caught.

"As I was saying," Lucan says, "I texted Aubree she's taking care of it."

"Guy," Skylar states earning everyone's attention. "I was wondering if we could take this little party to Aubree's bus instead." Have to give her props trying to figure out a way to include Aubree in on our private party.

"Why," Mason asks, "the Xbox is here not there." Skylar huffs at his question while we all nod our head in agreement. I understand why she wants to move the party, but her reasoning is lost to them.

Skylar rolls her eyes. "Seriously," she screeches. "So, she can have some fun to. She does so much for you guys and I feel like she is greatly unappreciated." Skylar says defending her friend and making all of us feel like shit. "And since you Neanderthals won't let her on your bus we should go to hers."

Silently we all converse about letting Aubree on the bus. "Band meeting," Lucan exclaims standing up and heading off the bus. Fuck. Why can't we just let her on the bus and be done with it. No band meeting necessary. By the groans of the others they agree with me.

Skylar and I remain on the bus because I'm dragging my feet not wanting to leave her, but my choice is taken from me when Lucan pops his head back onto the bus. "Last time I checked you are a part of this band Dimitri. Stop making out with Skylar and let's go."

"Go," she tells me. "Plus I'm going to go visit Aubree for a few while you guys talk. I haven't seen her yet today."

I brush he hair from her face and study her with me gaze. "Okay," I relent. "But please don't leave her bus till I come get you." Don't want her to be kept from me ever again.

She crosses her arms and faces me. "Dimitri last time I checked I'm an adult."

I copy her stance. "And last time I checked the last time you were heading back to the bus on your own you stumbled into some trouble. Sorry if I fear it will happen again."

"Dimitri," she sighs softly, "that was an extreme one off. Not like it's going to occur again," she wines.

I shake my head and dig my heels in. "You might be willing to take the risk, but I'm not." I rub my forehead feeling a headache already coming on. "Skylar please don't argue with me about this."

She stares into my eyes and I almost cave, but then the memory of seeing her with a knife pressed against her throat has be not budging. "Okay," she sighs hugging me and placing her cheek over my heart. She mutters something under her breath I can't make out.

"Did you say something," I ask kissing the top of her head.

She pulls away from me and looks up at me. "Nope," she plainly states, but I don't believe her. Not wanting to get into another argument I decide to let this go for now. I'm already getting what I want.

She follows me off the bus and I walk her over to Aubree's bus. The guys give me nods of approval. Aubree's bus was only just behind our, but I would never be able to focus on the meeting unless I knew she was safe.

Once she was on the bus I turn and join my bandmates. They were standing off to the side of our bus in a circle. I slide in between Ryder and Lucan.

Lucan nods in my direction. "Now since Dimitri is here we can get started. This meeting is about letting Aubree onto the bus." I almost burst out laughing over how formal Lucan is sounding. He takes these band meetings way to seriously. By Tray's sly smile I wasn't the only one thinking this.

"Skylar brought up a good point Aubree has done tons for us the least we can do is let her on the bus," Mason states.

"So are you than saying yes," Lucan asks. Mason nods his head. Lucan turns his eyes to Tray. "Tray?"

He rocks back on his heals thinking. "Could be fun having her on the bus. Sure why not. I vote yes."

Lucan shifts his gaze to me. "You should already be able to figure out what my vote is. Skylar really wants her on the bus and I want to keep Skylar happy so I also vote yes."

Ryder is the second to last to speak because traditionally Lucan always casts his vote last. We all stare at Ryder while he ponders the pros and cons in his head. This could take awhile and a consider taking a seat on the ground while we wait. The two of them have had a hot and cold relationship for awhile now.

After some time Ryder breaks the silence with one word. "okay." Lucan doesn't press him for more understanding this was all he was going to get from Ryder.

"I too vote yes," Lucan states. "Seems another female is coming onto the bus."

We all laugh over this and I'm the first to leave the circle to go let the girls in on our decision. The guys follow behind me reminiscing on all the different ways women tried to get onto our bus. When we enter the bus we find the girls in a laughing fit much like the one we ended before entering the bus.

We all line up single file before the girls. I run my eyes over her making sure she was okay. They eyes us waiting to hear our verdict.

"Aubree," Lucan booms. "We has a band meeting and came to an unanimous vote. He clears his throat and I roll my eyes. He's acting like we a bestowing some amazing gift upon them. "We would like to welcome you to the bus."

Aubree stares at us in shock. She's never been one to press us to allow her onto the bus and honestly we should have let her on years ago, but since she never made a bug stink about it we never voted to let her on. Till now.

"Thank you," she says looking at Lucan.

Lucan pulls her from her seat and races with her laughing to the bus. We follow behind the couple laughing. Felt nice to put the smile on Aubree's face over something so simple. She's as much as part of the family as we are. About time we start showing her how important she is to us.

Skylar hands back with Ryder and I try to not let her action bother me. Something was bothering Ryder and maybe he would share his thoughts with Skylar. I hate seeing my friend so torn up. And I would hate for him to turn to drugs once again. We worked so hard to get him off the drugs especially Aubree. Losing Ryder again to his addiction would destroy us all, but Aubree the most. The two of them have a special relationship.

I enter the bus an discover Mason pulling out the Xbox. "What should be play," he asks.

Aubree rolls her eyes glancing around the bus. "Is this all you do play Xbox?"

"We do other stuff," Mason says trying to defend us, but Aubree is extremely close to the truth.

"Sure you do," she says extending the word sure longer than necessary. She notices the Forza disk.

Tray sees what she is looking at. "I challenge you to a race. Not that you have a chance in hell of winning."

Aubree narrows her eyes and grabs the control Mason was offering her. "You will eat your words Tray." I shake my head and stand back watching this comedy unfold before me.

The game starts and Tray sets up the race. At first Tray is winning, but he makes a few mistakes on his turns and ends up off the course a time or two. His mistakes give Aubree the opportunity to take the lead and once she was in first place she never lost it. Soon the race was over and Aubree was the winner.

She drops the controller causing Mason to finch over the loud thud the controller made. Then she jumps onto the couch dancing and yelling at Tray. "Take it back and suck it." I laugh over seeing Aubree so carefree. This new look was great on her though.

"Aubree I didn't know you felt this way. When and where baby? Thought I'm better at licking than sucking." Tray says wiggling his eyebrow.

I was so lost in Tray and Aubree acting like children I didn't even notice Skylar had rejoined us on the bus till she was standing next to me asking me a question. "Can someone please explain what is going on?"

Mason answers her. "Tray challenged Aubree to a race on Forza. Of course her ran his mouth about show she had no chance of winning."

"But I did," Aubree interjects. She points a finger at Tray. "I spanked him!"

Tray glances at Skylar begging her for help. "Bestest best friend how much has she had to drink?" He sounds almost scared.

"Way more than you better catch up," she tells him with a smile. Tray grabs a beer and drinks the entire bottle before coming up for air. This is going to be a long night.

The rest of the night is all about drinking, relaxing and bounding. Skylar threw a mini tantrum when she was reminded on how she can't drink because of the medicine she is on, but when I reminded her of all the things I was going to do to her once we were alone the fact she couldn't drink was long forgotten.

This mini party was exactly what the band needed after what we had went thorough. All of us were touched in our own way over what happened to Skylar, but we were on the mend.

Wanting to me alone with Skylar I reach to rescue her from between Aubree and Tray. She had placed herself between them when they kept fucking with each other while playing Forza. She takes my hand and follows me to the back of the bus. I could hear the guys making fun of us the entire way. They were only jealous I was the only one getting some tonight. Though Ryder might be as well if those heated glances him and Aubree were sending each other were any indication on how their night was going to play out.

I shut and lock the door behind us. No way was I going to leave any possible way for the guys to barge in on us. Once I was satisfied we weren't going to be interrupted I slam my lips against her and preceded to spend the rest of the early morning hours worshiping her body with mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 213 38
A whirlwind romance that all starts with a joint in a hotel room... Excerpt "Are you going to say anything?" He asks softly interrupting my thoughts...
7 0 3
A small town girl took a chance at a new life when she moved to the big apple, New York City. For Elizabeth it meant she had a chance to make a name...
15.3K 1.1K 47
Colliding with a famous rock band vocalist was an accident, but dating him was a choice. Samantha Morris felt at a crossroads after graduating from...
6.9K 1.6K 39
'No, he didn't'. I was so shocked by the turn of events. Everything was going fine and then suddenly boom, everything turned upside down. I just coul...