A Worthy Opponent (HunterxHun...

Door Malia_hxh

Raine goes on an adventure to a deadly jungle with mythical beasts to get revenge on a former Spider who dest... Meer

Intro
Chapter 1: A Sense of Heart (PART I)
Chapter 2: A Funny Feeling
Bonus Scene
Chapter 3: A Magic Duel
Chapter 4: Aftermath
Chapter 5: A Night Out
Chapter 6: How to Instigate
Chapter 8: A Coincidence
Chapter 9: A River's Edge
Chapter 10: Forbidden Fruit
Chapter 11: An Evening Flight
Chapter 12: A Fair Game
Chapter 13: Shezun City (PART II)
Chapter 14: Practice Makes Perfect
Chapter 15: Bloodlust
Chapter 15 Bloodlust pt. 2
Chapter 16: The Jungle Members
Chapter 17: A Night at the Circus
Chapter 18: Showtime
Chapter 19: Showdown
Chapter 20: A Glass Wall
Chapter 21: The Jujib Jungle (PART III)
Chapter 22: Dangerous Secrets
Chapter 23: A Broken Wall
Chapter 24: Red Eyes
Chapter 25: A Cold Shower
Chapter 26: An Animal's Aura
Chapter 27: A Warm Fire
Chapter 28: The Silent Hunter
Chapter 29: A Friendly Encounter
Chapter 30: A New Perspective
Chapter 31: A Spider's Lair
Chapter 32: A Win for a Loss
Chapter 33: The Jujib Village (PART IV)
Chapter 34: A Heist
Chapter 35: An Escape
Chapter 36: A Dead End
Chapter 37: The Warden: Part 1
Chapter 38: The Warden: Part 2
Chapter 39: Riv
Chapter 40: Unleashed Emotions
Chapter 41: A Secret Plan
Chapter 42: A True Enemy
Chapter 43: The Break In
Chapter 44: The Chief
Chapter 45: A Grand Opening
Chapter 46: Sharp Ends
Chapter 47: Surrender it All
Chapter 48: A Thread of Courage
Chapter 49: Swallow Your Pride
Chapter 50: Take Charge
Chapter 51: Under Pressure
Chapter 52: Let Your Guard Down
Chapter 53: Fear of Unknown
Chapter 54: Learn and Let Go
Chapter 55: An Unfathomed Bond
Chapter 56: Red as the Blood Moon
Author's Note

Chapter 7: The Meet Up

123 6 3
Door Malia_hxh

Hisoka lie on the concrete floor knocked out.

I turned away disheveled and made my way towards the kid. "Th-thank you," I said out of breath. I forced my voice into a calming tone but the amount of fear shrouding his aura was blinding, rattling me on edge. The poor boy was trembling with dirt-stained tears over his cheeks.

"Let...let me look at your injuries." I ignored the sharp stings that came with moving my own body and slowly helped him sit to take a look at his leg. To see how deep the cut was. The crushed large rock he threw on Hisoka's head crumbled around his toes.

"How bad does it hurt?" I sensed a faint sadness ruminating within his fear. "It's okay to cry you know," I quickly added and gently held his chin to check for more injuries.

"I'm...," he started, his voice wavering. "It hurts, but not badly...but my ankle hurts most."

His ankle was indeed sprained.

"What's your name hun?" I asked.

"Benny."

"Benny. Something tells me you're going to be a strong kid when you grow up," I assured. His aura was softened to a pale blue tone while bits of bright red and green peeked here and there. "My name is Raine. Nice to meet you. Let's get you to a hospital."

I picked him up and glanced down at Hisoka. His breathing was slow and steadied in his unconscious state.

Maybe I'll come back for him. Maybe.

I arrived at the hospital, still barefoot and in a torn dress. The boy leaned into me with delicate breaths. His shivers had died down. I gazed at him through heavy eyelids. Anger no longer consumed me, nor did I hold a grudge towards Hisoka. I never liked the way negative emotions settled in my chest. My aura was too fine, too sensitive. And it's why being around people provoked a weakness. A weight carried on my shoulders to feel what others felt at different intensities. And why killing was out of the question.

Anticipating death hurt more than physical pain, but mentally terrified me. Feeling that death could make me cripple.

But if I killed someone...who knows what would happen.

I handed Benny over to the doctors and told them what happened.

"There are bad and good people in this world but don't ever let the bad things get in the way," I told him as he was being taken away. He turned his head to face me with half-lidded eyes, despite the pain he was feeling. His aura emerged with new colors of hope. A soft smile fluttered over his lips before he closed his eyes.

I left the area snd studied the sky. Stars twinkled at me, the moon billowed soft whispers of light.

It's late, isn't it?

The wind blew my hair out of my face as if cold water splashed to wake me up.

Fiiiiiiiiiiine, I rolled my eyes.

Despite Hisoka being cruel for his trap, I remembered the light hiding within a dark aura. The only thing that gave me hope for humanity. The only reason I wanted to save everyone. Small, but still there. I grabbed an ice pack before heading back to him.

Hisoka was still laying in the same sport on the rugged ground where the city edge ended. I was once again showed that his heart wasn't all bad...if you looked really hard that is.

I'll pull him under a tree.

I placed a hand over my hip studying him. Blood oozed from his forehead, his painted teardrop and stars were smudged and his hair strands stuck to his face from sweat.

He looks dead on the road.

I dragged him into the grass and under a tree for some cover. I balanced the ice pack on his head after leaning him against the trunk. His arms flopped missing over his lap, hunched over.

I stood back and took a second to check his aura, furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, then headed back to my hotel.

I collapsed in my bed and fell asleep almost immediately.

Guess I'm having a morning shower...

-

I let my thoughts drift through pouring hot water. Disappointment flooded my mind as the weather was so beautiful yet was rudely interrupted.

The events of last night replayed in my head. When I was running, it wasn't until I felt a strong essence of pain emerge by the forest's edge that I realized someone was hurt. Racing towards it, I could sense a little boy on the ground and...Hisoka. My emotions flooded. They always did when things like that happened. My self-control seemed to have gone out the window...giving him exactly what he wanted. He's always looking for bloodshed— even from the weak and innocent.

Killua did say something about his blood lust. From now on, I shouldn't let him get to me. That was the first time my body had ever been beaten so much. No one has been able to touch me, but he cleverly used that boy as a weakness to stay and fight. Hmmph.

I hopped out of the shower and threw my clothes on. My necklace dangled on my chest. I squeezed it and pressed my forehead on the window. Fog speckled over as I breathed against the frigid glass.

He really wants to kill me it seems. Or start something. From now on I need to avoid him. He worked quickly using weaknesses, and he'll discover my powers soon.

I wiped my face with my hand exhausted.

No more...time to get answers.

-

3 weeks later...

"Kurapika," I said approaching him. The cafe buzzed with murmurs and laughter. The barista called names in the background while machines hummed brewing hot drinks. Coffee beans fumed through my nose, a smell that actually woke me up. Kurapika placed his cup down noticing my entrance.

"Raine right?" He said.

"Yes, it is."

He gestured for me to sit across from him at a table by a large window screen. The streets were already full despite the sun just rising. Droplets of rain glinted on the window from last night's drizzle, reflecting the orange hue of sunbeams.

Kurrapika's aura flaked with bits of hatred on the surface, but loyalty remained vivid around his heart.

"So why did you want to meet up?" He took a sip from his coffee, calm and composed.

"I understand that you have some knowledge with the Phantom Troupe?" I get straight to it.

He paused with an intense glare through his blonde bangs. Something flashed vividly in his eyes.

"Don't worry," I blurted out. "No one is listening trust me. I'll get to the point."

"Fine. So why do you ask?" He eyed me suspiciously. His aura noticeably shifted a darker red.

"Because...I believe they also destroyed my home..."

The tension bottled wavered. His eyebrows relaxed in some understanding. He must have sensed my genuine concern.

"However..." I continued. "...it was more than 10 years ago so they were a former spider, not in the current group. I have intel that they're still alive. I just...I need to know where and how to find them." I hesitantly looked away and rubbed my fingers together. I didn't want to ask much from him but I was finally starting what I trained for. I needed all I can get.

He sighed. "Listen, I only know of the current spider's whereabouts and who's in it. But I know someone who might have that information."

"Yes," I curled my fingers in, "I appreciate it."

"I'll tell you on one condition."

"What is it?" I leaned in while attempting not to envision the future.

"I come with you." He said before sipping his coffee again.

I sat back on my chair tilting my head. "You don't have to...I heard you have gotten your eyes back. I wouldn't want to push you to do more."

No, his hatred is still there.

He raised a hand dismissively. "I'd like to help you. My power is only for them so I might as well." He paused staring at the table before meeting my eyes again. The flashing anger vanished. "I'm sorry about your family."

I looked to the window. "My dad has been training me hard since the accident and gathered information with me. I came here to finish the job. He doesn't know it yet...so it's just me."

Kurapika nodded. "Meet me by the church at 10 pm tonight."

We parted ways and I headed towards Showcase to get new clothes for the trip.

"Hey Gunther," I waved to him walking in.

"RAAAINEEEE, how are you, my dear?" He greeted me with a small bow.

"Great. I came to get some clothes for a trip. I'm thinking something comfortable, it's going to get intense."

"Hmmm comfortable...but still a queen. GOT IT!" he disappeared in a blink of an eye.

Queen...

He came back with navy blue cargo pants.

Oh yes.

But in his other hand, he held a cropped white tank top. I tilted my head at its sheerness.

I tried it on in the fitting room. Baggy cargo pants, really soft material. Large pockets hemmed on its sides with straps that wrapped around my lowered waist. The tank top just about covered my chest. My abs were exposed. My hips curved, tucking into the belt of the pants. I walked out and placed a hand on my hips with a smirk and pretended to shoot a gun.

"Ohhhhh she's fierce! She's bad!" He clapped as I spun. "Yasss darling, Kim possible vibes definitely."

I giggled but a sudden memory emerged and I bowed my head in shame.

"Gunther..." I started, biting my lip. "About the dress, I'm sorry about the blue one you gave me. There was an attack a few weeks ago...and it's ruined. I should've told you sooner. I'm sorry..." I palmed my head knowing how much work he put into the clothes he gave me. Every piece original.

Confusion flickered through his eyes before comprehension dawned over.

"It's okay dear. You are a hunter. On the hunt!" He chuckled. "How bout I make a new one and I'll have it ready for pick up whenever you get the chance." He calmly reassured with open arms. No frustration or regret gave away in his aura. He then handed me a pair of navy blue fighting gloves that laced my forearm and an extra belt to hold my dagger.

"Custom made for you my dear. ON THE HOUSE!" He presented them like treasure. His eyes glowing with spirit.

"Wow...I can't thank you enough." My jaw dropped slack in disbelief at the accessories. "You didn't have to."

I stayed a few more minutes just to have that uplifting conversation. Just to hear him talk and feel his aura bloom before I headed out the store again. Before I left for the last time.

-

I sat up from my nap and washed my face. It was almost time. Answers, a place to start, just under my nose.

10 minutes. I can get there.

I sprinted out of the building and onto the rooftops. The drafts were stronger up here as they bristled my hair back. I picked up the presence of Kurapika spiked hatred a few blocks away by the church. But I paused in my tracks treading closer.

Oh....him?

The roads lit up with rich oranges and deep blues. The rain from earlier reflected car and street lights, decorating the city as a whole. My hair whisked roughly to my side before I hopped down and landed beside Kurapika.

"Good you're here," he started. "I'd like you to meet...."

Hisoka.

I finished his sentence in my thoughts. Golden eyes pierced me through the shadows.

"What a pleasure...Raine~"

-

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

3.3K 237 27
Isekai Madness Series: Book 1 [SLOW UPDATES] [A HxH Fanfiction] [Hisoka x Op Oc x Illumi] ~ In which a girl was delt a shity hand at life, dies, then...
9.3K 238 19
Honestly I just had an urge to write so this just me throwing things into a story! 1st time so don't be too hard on me 😅 (also I'm writing this in a...
130K 3.4K 22
"Why in Mother Nature's sweet sweet name am I at a circus?" I thought. "Oh right. I'm gonna be training with a clown today." I said out loud dejected...
349K 11.4K 48
FANFICTION!! I DO NOT OWN HXH ctto. of the photo *Completed At first, I thought he's just someone who loves to kill. Who loves to see someone in pai...