Egotistic // Marauders Era

By polkadotpotter

"Moony's the tapeworm out of us four anyway." "Bookworm, James. I'm the bookworm." More

Rachel
Cielo
Crystal
Bridget
Sirius
Tia
Rachel
Crystal
Bridget
Sirius
Tia
Rachel
Cielo
Crystal
Bridget
Sirius
Tia
Rachel
Olly (LAST CHAPTER EW)

Cielo

322 16 6
By polkadotpotter

A/N: So there's this new band I really like and I was listening to their music, and all of a sudden there was this one song that is basically the perfect theme song for Gryffindor and I freaked out and was like I HAVE TO SHOW YOU GUYS THIS OMG and yeah. So, it's in the link if you want to listen to it. It's called 'Red and Gold' and it's a really good song actually, and the band (Young Rising Sons) Is REALLY REALLY AMAZING! They have great voices, they're hilarious, and their songs are catchy and feel-good. So check them out if you want, because they're pretty cool.

Cielo and her friends were in potions class, bored out of their minds. The professor was droning on and on about The Drought of Living Death. Being a sixth year and a music fanatic, Cielo had no interest in learning brews and mixtures. Instead, she was staring across the room at a certain Hufflepuff. Not even bothering to try and look like she was paying attention, she rested her chin in her hands as she gazed at the brown haired boy whom she seem to have a slight infatuation with. As she was staring, she felt a light tap on her shoulder. Turning to her right, she saw a pretty girl with long brown hair a crystal blue eyes.

"Are you paying attention?" she whispered, jerking her head towards Professor Slughorn at the front of the classroom. Cielo shook her head guiltily.

"No," she whispered back, a slight smile playing on her lips. The girl next to her smiled and nodded in understanding.

"I'm not either," she replied, playing with the edge of her parchment. She opened her mouth to utter something else to Cielo, but snapped her lips back together when the professor belched out the list of ingredients needed for the potion he was preparing the class to make. The girl sighed and turned back to Cielo, rolling her eyes heavily. "Well, I'm trying to not pay attention," she corrected herself, chuckling lightly. Cielo smirked and glanced up at the professor, checking to make sure he wasn't looking in her direction. She shifted in her seat and held her hand out to the girl next to her, her arm being half concealed by the edge of the table.

"I'm Cielo," she whispered cautiously. The other girl grinned and took her hand, giving it a little shake before snatching her hand away.

"My name's Rachel," she murmured, turning to look at Cielo out of the corner of her eye. "I think we met before, at breakfast or something."

Cielo's eyes widened in recognition and she nodded subtly. "Yeah, you're friends with Olly, right?" Rachel nodded as well, confirming it.

"Yup," she said. "She's pretty nic-"

Rachel was interrupted by the professor, who stood up in front of the class and cleared his throat to draw attention to him. "Class is dismissed for the day," he announced. The moment the words made their way past his lips, the entire room sprang to their feet and gathered their books, dashing out the door before you could say 'Hogwarts'. Rachel and Cielo walked out together, continuing to talk.

"Do you wanna eat dinner with us?" Rachel asked Cielo, grinning.

Cielo thought about it for a moment, before nodding. "Yeah," she nodded. "All my friends are in Hufflepuff, so I could use a few friends in my own house." Rachel chuckled and nodded.

"You're basically the opposite of Olly," Rachel observed. "You go according to the dress code, she doesn't. She doesn't know anyone outside of Gryffindor, you roll with the other houses."

"Ha," Cielo laughed, adjusting her books in her arms. "Yeah, I guess." The two girls made their way into the Great Hall, where Rachel immediately spotted Olly sitting with James across from her, Sirius and Remus on either side of her. Peter was sitting a few spots away, as James had his leg sprawled across the bench. Fabian and Gideon were sitting to his right. The two girls walked up to the table, setting their books under the bench. James looked up at them innocently.

"Sorry, Ladies," he sighed. "This seat is reserved for one Lilly Evans."

Rachel rolled her eyes and glared pointedly at James. "Do you actually think she's going to sit there?" she asked, not believing it herself.

James scoffed. "Well, yeah. I'd expect so."

"She hates you."

"So?"

Rachel groaned and lifted her foot up, using it to kick James' leg off of the bench, sitting down before he could put it back in it's place. "So she won't sit next to you if she hates you." James glared at Rachel before shrugging his shoulders and turning away.

"So what did Minerva have you do?" Remus asked in a professional tone, turning to Olly. Raising an eyebrow, she tilted her head to the side curiously.

"Um, you were in Trans with me," she reminded him, making his shoulders sag.

"I know," he pouted. "I just thought we should talk about something besides James' hopeless romance."

"Hey!" James snapped playfully, leaning over the table to smack Remus upside the head. Sirius snorted.

"Nah, he's right, mate," he chuckled, ducking another smack from James. "Evans despises you."

"And Olly despises you," James sneered back, noting the fact that Olly was glaring at Sirius. "Not really a difference." Heads snapped in the direction of the two teens. Sirius blushed while Olly harrumphed and scooted closer to Remus, since he was farther from Sirius than her.

"There's a huge difference," Olly countered, ever so clueless. "James is hopelessly in love with Lilly. She doesn't like him back. Neither me not Sirius likes each other." Sending a not so discreet glare in Sirius's direction she added; "At all."

"That's not true," Sirius blurted, before realizing what he said. Everyone -including Olly- stared at him like he was insane. Clearing his throat, he turned to the girl next to him. "We all know you love me." She scoffed, crossing her arms and turning away to face Remus again. Rachel sighed and smacked her forehead with the palm of her hand, disappointed in Sirius. There was an awkward silence where nobody said anything, but soon enough, someone spoke again.

"Can we just address the elephant at the table?" Cielo asked, annoyed. Everyone's heads turned to her and she was surprised that they seemed like they didn't know what they were talking about. "What did curly do to make Olly angry? It's killing me."

"No," Remus mouthed frantically, shaking his head at Cielo. Sirius caught the flurry of movement out of the corner of his eye and turned, but Remus saw and immediately ceased all activity. Once Sirius had turned away, Reums resumed shaking his head. Not a few moments after another silence began, there was a loud bang and everyone jumped in their seats, looking towards Olly who was standing up with two hands laying flat on the surface of the table.

"I can't do this," she muttered, sending one last glare at Sirius before bending over to pick up her bag and walk away. The group watched her as she went. Then, before she got to the door, she went rigid, turned around, and began stomping back towards the table. She came right up to the spot where she had been sitting and Cielo thought she was going to sit back down, but she simply reached down and picked something up, and shoved a plastic item up her nose. "Forgot my glasses," she grumbled, blushing, before she turned away a second time and walked away, this time with a bit more speed.

By now, everyone's minds had registered what was happening and before he or anyone else knew it, Sirius had jumped out of his seat and was chasing after Olly. "Wait!" he called after her, making her walk faster. "Hey! Come back!"

"Sirius!" Rachel snapped, trying to get him to come back. "Siriu- Oh my God. He's going to embarrass himself so badly."

Cielo nodded in solemn agreement. "Yup. Wait for it, in 3... 2... 1..."

"LEAVE ME ALONE YOU PRAT!" came the screech from right around the entrance doors of the Great Hall. All activity stopped, though Olly and Sirius didn't seem to notice.

"Why?" Sirius asked. "I'm trying to apologi-"

"I don't want to hear it," Olly sighed, looking Sirius right in the eyes.

Sirius's shoulders sagged. "But-"

Olly held up a hand to stop him. "Just give it a couple days." Sirius opened his mouth to try again, but she cut him off a second time. "A couple days," she repeated in a harder tone, before spinning around and marching out of the Hall. Everyone was left staring at Sirius as he gazed out the doors after Olly. The entire room was silent.

Suddenly a jeer broke the quiet. "Hump and Dump!" someone catcalled from over at the Slytherin table.

"Shut up, you fat git," Sirius snapped. Clenching a fist and holding it up, he glared at the entirety of the Slytherin table before he, too, stormed out of the Great Hall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 15K 35
I don't hate you Padfoot I really don't hate you Moony
209K 7.4K 41
And if I breathe you, will it kill me? James Potter / oc © aquamcnti 2023
230 43 16
The Marauderse era UNDER TONS OF EDITING We are currently re-writing the story and renaming it. Thanks loves <3
6.9M 319K 200
Moony. Wormtail. Padfoot. Prongs. Their adventures were the stuff of Hogwarts legend. But there are untold stories, stories that only the four of the...