GINGERSNAPS

By theginger412

Olivia Evans, who was given up at birth by her mother, Petunia, later finds out that she is a witch. Just whe... More

1. The Past meets The Future
2. Settling In
3. Lemonade
4. Flash
5. Captured Moments
6. Breaking Through
7. Scolded
8. Beaten Up
9. Petrified
10. Safe
11. Leaky Cauldron
12. Respects
13. Challenged
14. Slashed
15. Mischief Managed
16. Yearbook
17. Bring The Lion Out
18. The Cup
19. Moony
20. Contact
21. Toffee
22. Strawberry Ice Cream
23. The World Cup
24. Her Heart
25. Moody
26. The Tournament
28. Her Wand
29. Her Dragon
30. The First Task
31. Her Flame
32. Love Potion
33. The Yule Ball
34. The Second Task
35. Birthdays
36. The Third Task
37. Graveyard
38. Her Friend
39. In Memory
40. Grimmauld Place
41. Pieces of Her
42. Inked
43. Lavender Tea
44. Uncle
45. Firewhiskey
46. Ministry of Magic
47. The Hearing
48. Treacle Tart
49. Evans
50. Her Boggart
51. Kings Cross
52. Bloody Mess
53. Skeleton
54. Playing with Fire
55. Last, First Match
56. Attacked
57. St. Mungos
58. Honey
59. P for Percy
60. Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
61. Her Letters and Feathers
62. Occlumency
63. Not Tonight
64. Cornish Pixies
65. Red Lace
66. Yellow Paint
67. Sacked
68. Changes and Captures
69. Style
70. Adventure's End
71. Blowing Kisses
72. Stunned
73. Evans
74. Her Death
75. Cracks In Their World
76. From The Ashes
77. Her Funeral
78. Her First
79. Broomsticks & Sunsets
80. The Return
81. Scars
82. Permission
83. Paints and Pranks
84. Red
85. Normal
86. Vials and Stakes
87. Blood Oath
88. Arm Sling
89. Trunk of Photos
90. Never Know
91. In This Life
92. Melted Metal

27. Her Name

2.8K 85 7
By theginger412

On weekends, many people usually slept in, Olivia was typically one of the only few early risers that you could find in the Great Hall for breakfast. However the next day people had other plans with the new schools and the Goblet of Fire out.

Olivia had woken up even earlier to brew the aging potion for the twins. She stood chewing on some toast, on the edge of the entrance hall with some others that had decided to watch who was entering the tournament.

She was listening to Harry and Ron talk about who's entered so far and how they would if they were old enough to enter. When the twins and Lee Jordan came down the staircase with grins on their faces.

They jogged to Olivia and she handed them small vials and droppers. Fred and George kissed each cheek. "Thank you Ollie." said George. She passed him a piece of toast. He ate it in a few bites.

"Done it, just took it." said Fred to Harry Ron and Hermione.

"What?" Asked Ron

"The aging potion dung brains," said Fred

"One drop each," said George rubbing his hands together and shaking off the toast crumbs. "We only need to be a few months older."

"We're going to split the thousand Galleons between the three of us if one of us wins," said Lee

"I'm not sure this is going to work you know, I'm sure Dumbledore will have thought of this." Hermione said warningly

But they ignored her, Olivia met the girls eyes and shrugged her shoulders.

"C'mon then I'll go first-" said Fred

He walked over to the gold ring of the age line and jumped over. And nothing happened, George let out a yell of triumph and leapt over with his brother. But the next moment there was a loud sizzling sound and both twins were hurled out of the circle as though they had been thrown out.

They landed painfully ten feet away on the cold stone floor and to add insult to injury, there was a loud popping noise and both of them sprouted identical long white beards. Everyone around broke out laughing even the twins found it funny.

Once they got to their feet they heard someone speak. "I did warn you." Said Dumbledore coming out of the great hall. "I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey she is already tending to Miss Fawcett of Ravenclaw and Mr.Summers of Hufflepuff both of whom decided to age themselves up a little too. Though I must say neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours."

"But nothing compared to yours my friend." said Olivia to Dumbledore joining the twins. She couldn't help but laugh the entire way to the hospital wing.

Later that evening after the twins were beardless, they made their way to the Great Hall. Olivia spilt from the boys. "I'm sitting at my house table tonight." She said

"Oh supporting Cedric I see? We're cheering for Angelina." Fred said.

"I'm supporting Hogwarts but if I had to choice I would pick a Hufflepuff. Sue me." She said throwing her hands up and retreated to her table.

The Goblet had been moved to the Great hall and it was packed with people. Dumbledore stood before the crowd.

"Well the goblet is almost ready to make its decision. I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now when the champions names are called I would ask them please to come up to the top of the hall walk along the staff table and go through into the next chamber where they will be receiving their first instructions." He announced.

He took out his wand and waved it, letting out the light expect from the candles in the pumpkins. Dimming the room entirely. The goblet was brightly shining. Inside the goblet the flames turned red. Sparks began to fly from it. It shot out a charred piece of parchment that Dumbledore caught.

"The champion for Durmstrang will be," he read, "Viktor Krum!" The hall was a storm of applause and cheers. They watched as Viktor Krum stood and left into the chamber.

The chatting and clapping died down. The flames turned red again and another piece of parchment shot out. In the hands of the head master he read aloud, "The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour!"

Olivia clapped for the sweet girl, with the rest of the hall. As she passed Olivia, Fleur gave her a smile.

The noise died down once again. And they waited as another piece of parchment shot out. Olivia, Jo, and Cedric held hands and waited.

"The Hogwarts champion is," he called, "Cedric Diggory!"

Olivia jumped up with her friends hugging Cedric and pushing him to head on. "WAY TO GO CED!" She shouted. Her and Jo wrapped their arms around each other and smiled with pride as Cedric entered the chamber.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore called happily as at the last tumult died down. "Well we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang to give your champions every once of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on you will contribute in a very real-"

But he stopped speaking. No one spoke, as the goblet turned red again. Everyone watched as not one piece of parchment shot out but two...

The headmaster caught them and with a confused face looked at the names. There was a long pause as he looked at the papers. He cleared his throat and read out-

"Harry Potter and Olivia Evans."

Olivia didn't move, she didn't speak. She watched as all eyes turned to her and Harry. She looked for the black haired boy. And he stared at her with a numb face that matched her own.

At the staff table McGonagall and Snape had gotten to their feet and was whispering to the headmaster.

Olivia looked for the twins who looked just as stunned. She kept shaking her head at them. They waved her to go on and walk up to the staff table. But her feet were glued to the floor.

"Harry Potter and Olivia Evans, up here if you please! Dumbledore called again.

"Ollie go..." Jo said giving her a nudge. Olivia started walking but she didn't know how she was doing it, she lost the feeling in her feet. Harry became level with Olivia and the pair of them approached the staff table. Once they were close, Dumbledore spoke.

"Well.. through the door, both of you." And Olivia could tell he was not happy. There was no twinkle no smile.

Before she turned to enter the chamber she looked at Snape. She was pleading with him using her eyes but he had the coldest scowl she had ever seen.

In the chamber they found the other champions, around a fireplace. Fleur was the first to speak. "What is it? Do zen want us back in ze Hall?"

But neither Harry or Olivia spoke. There was a sound of scurrying feet behind and Ludo Bagman entered.

"Extraordinary! Absolutely extraordinary! Ladies and Gentlemen. May I introduce- incredible though it may seem the fourth AND fifth Triwizard champions?" Ludo said.

The other champions had faces of different emotions.

"Oh vairy funny joke Meester Bagman." Said Fleur

"Joke? No No not at all! Harry and and Olivias name came out of the Goblet of fire!" Bagman said.

"But 'e is too young and thaz is not 'air." Fleur said.

"Well it is amazing but their names did come out of the goblet I mean I don't think there can be any ducking out at this stage it's down in the rules you're obligated.."

The door opened again and a large group came in: Dumbledore, Crouch, Karkaroff, Madame Maxime, McGonagall, and Snape.

"Madame Maxime! Zey are saying zat zay is to compete also!" Fleur said striding to her headmistress.

"What is ze meaning of zis Dumbly-Dorr?" The large woman asked

"I'd rather like to know that myself Dumbledore?" Said Karkaroff wearing a steely smile. "Three Hogwarts champions? I don't remember anyone telling me the host school is allowed two extra champions or have I not read the rules carefully?"

Several people was talking at once and Olivia was developing a headache.

But Dumbledore was looking back and forth between Harry and Olivia. "Did you put your names into the Goblet of Fire?" He asked them both.

Immediately Harry and Olivia answered, "No!"

"Did you ask an older student to put it into the Goblet of Fire for you?"

"No!" They both said again.

The adults kept fighting. Until they waited for Mr Crouch to answer, the question of are Harry and Olivia competing.

"We must follow the rules and the rules state clearly that those people whose names come of the Goblet of Fire are bound to compete in the tournament." He said.

They broke out again fighting about the rules.

"How is that fair?" Karkaroff boomed. "This is shameful! Hogwarts attempting to ensure a win for their school by pulling this stunt. To allow these students to do such a thing."

That's when Olivia snapped out of her daze. She wasn't going to allow some man to insult her. Or her school.

"Excuse me sir." She glared at the Durmstrang headmaster. "I will testify under truth serum to proved my innocence. And I'm sure Harry would do that same. But as for my character, you don't know me. So do not speak of me like I am not in this room with you."

"Olivia!" McGonagall snapped

"No! I'm sorry, that this has happened. Believe me I am, because you're right this is unfair! I agreed! And I know I am a few months underage, but even if I wasn't, I wouldn't have entered! I didn't want this! It wasn't my choice!" She yelled. "But this is the situation we're in! Now, can we as a group stop complaining about what we can't change and focus on what we can do instead?" She huffed, and looked around and meet the eyes of every adult in the room.

They all stopped talking, a few nodded.

"Good! Now, how can we make this more fair for the original three champions? And more importantly for the other schools?" She asked with her hands on her hips.

"Karkaroff and Madame Maxime, Evans has a point." A voice said from the door. Everyone turned to see Mad Eye Moody. "You know you can't leave, your champions has to compete. Binding magical contract. Convenient eh?"

"Convenient? I'm afraid I don't understand you Moody." Said Karkaroff

Moody joined the group. "Don't you? It's very simple Karkaroff. Someone's put Potters and Evans name in the goblet knowing they would have to compete if it came out." Moody said.

"Evidently someone 'Oo wished to give 'Ogwarts three bites at ze apple!" Said Madame Maxime.

"If anyone's got reason to complain it's Potter and Evans. But funny I don't heard either of them, actually I heard Evans shhing your complaining!"

Fleur went on that neither Harry or Olivia would complain because they get to have a chance at the prize money. That it's a chance many would die for.

"Maybe someone's hoping they will die for it." Said Moody with a growl. "It would have to take a skilled witch or wizard who put their names in the goblet, because these students wouldn't have been able to hoodwink a very powerful magical object!"

"How this situation arose we do not know. But I agree with Miss Evans here. That together we can find a solution to evening out the playing field for the other schools." Dumbledore declared. "However what we decide I believe that Mr. Diggory, shouldn't have the same rules apply to him, as for he was the original Hogwarts champion."

"Or Harry!" Said Olivia

"Miss Evans-" said Crouch

"No just listen. Whatever you decide, apply it to me. The rules shouldn't change for Cedric, clearly. And neither should they for Harry. He's already at a disadvantage. He's 14, that's a lot younger than us, and out of the the two of us, I'm the older one, I can handle some rule changes." Olivia said looking around the room.

She continued. "So whatever you have to do, to make this fair, do it to me. I rather it happen to me than Harry. I want this to be fair too. I really- really didn't ask for this but I'll be damned if I let someone insult my name."

"Are you sure Miss Evans?" Asked Crouch looking at her.

Olivia looked at Harry, she could see the worry on his face. She looked at Dumbledore, he held his head a little higher. She looked at McGonagall, who's face read only fear. And then Olivia looked at Snape. He had a cold stern expression, but he nodded his head the slightest. She turned back to Crouch, "Absolutely." She answered.

"We as judges will decide on how to make the tasks more difficult for Miss Evans," said Crouch. "But first instructions... the first task is designed to test your daring. So we are not going to be telling you what it is. Courage in the face of the unknown is an important quality in a wizard... very important..."

"The first task will take place on November 24th in front of the other students and the panel of judges, the champions are not permitted to ask for or accept help of any kind from their teachers to complete the tasks in the tournament. The champions will face the first challenge armed only with their wands. They will receive information about the second task when the first is over. Owing to the demanding and time consuming nature of the tournament the champions are exempted from end of the year tests." Crouch faced Dumbledore. "I think that's all is it, Albus?"

"I think so." He answered and the adults broke off into conversation again.

The other school champions and their headmasters walked off and Dumbledore told the Hogwarts champions to head to their common rooms. But before Olivia could do so Snape stopped her.

"Go straight to Minervas office." He told her. She nodded and headed that way.

Inside the office she sat next to the fire trying to warm up. The door opened and in came Snape, McGonagall, and Dumbledore.

The three adults stood and looked at her, Snape with rage, McGonagall with fear, and Dumbledore with worry.

"Olivia-" Snape started.

"I know what you're gonna say, and I promise you I didn't put my name in the goblet nor did I put Harry's. Do you remember what I told you about when I promise?" She asked Snape pleading with him

"That you don't break promises." He answered

"And I haven't. I never have or will. Please believe me. Please." Olivia said tears swelling in her eyes.

McGonagall moved to hug her. "We believe you dear, oh goodness." Wrapping her arms around Olivia, the girl hugged her back.

"I don't care if I win. I don't. I just couldn't stand it hearing them say those things about me and about Hogwarts." Said Olivia pulling away from the hug to look at all of them.

Snapes face soften a little. "This wasn't your choice."

"This wasn't my choice...." She said back. She wiped her face and straightened her back, holding up her head. "But it's what I have to do. And frankly I'm so tired of people looking at me like I'm weak.- I'm not! So I may not want to win, but Hell that doesn't matter anymore. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna win and I'm gonna do it with harder rules than all of the others have!"

Dumbledore smiled at her, and the twinkling in his eyes returned. McGonagall's face lessened it's display of fear. And Snape, nodded his head at her.

"You're gonna win." said Snape.

"I've got to." Olivia said, showing only bravery, courage, and strength. From this moment on, no one would see a weak, vulnerable, little girl. They would only see a strong woman.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 179 33
Adrienne Potter doesn't remember her birth parents. They died at the hands of the most feared dark wizard in the magical word of the time. She grew u...
99.1K 2.3K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...
12.5K 382 39
Elodie finds herself stuck, she stuck holding the family business together. Her busy schedule of either working a dead end job or caring for her gri...
145K 3.4K 57
Lucinda Sparks, a pure-blooded witch that had fell in love with George Weasley. Not to mention she was a weird and odd girl at times. When she was fi...