54. Playing with Fire

The days became easier. Olivia's hand healed and scarred. She was having every meal monitored, if not by Snape than by the twins, who had become even more protective of her.

Olivia tried to talk to Harry about what happens in Umbridges detentions, but he would avoid the topic at all cost. Finally he accepted the murtlap essence that she found to help her wounds.

Ron became the new Gryffindor keeper in the meantime and Olivia began her weekly weigh ins and trainings with Snape.

One thing that she had to do after leaving the hospital wing was notify Dumbledore that they could no longer use the necklace to pin Lucius Malfoy because Draco had given it back.

The twins were using first years to test products on and business for them was booming. Olivia was so proud of them and how far they have come. The only thing was that worried her was at practice they had accidentally given Katie Bell the Blood Blisterpod by mistake.

A lot was happening and Olivia was taking a lot on. This was her last year at Hogwarts and she wanted to take full advantage of its resources.

So starting at her first weigh in she asked Madam Pomfrey something.

Stepping on the scale, and the nurse flick her wand to measure the weight, "Madam Pomfrey can I ask you something?" Olivia spoke.

"Of course, dear, and it looks like your weight is in improving too, wonderful to see!" Madam Pomfrey said writing it down in a file.

"I wondered if when I came to you weekly that if you had the time you could possibly show me a few different healing spells and stuff." Olivia asked softly, stepping off the scale and facing the nurse.

"I would see no problem in that, sure, but I have to ask why?" The nurse asked curiously.

Olivia toyed with a loose string at the hem of her jumper, "Well, you know what happened in June. And... I tried to save him. But I-I-I didn't know anything. I only knew Muggle methods and I feel like if I could have known more maybe if there is a next time and I'm assuming there will be... I don't want to feel helpless again. I don't want to feel like I could have done more. I just want to be prepared no matter what happens." She explained.

Madam Pomfrey gave her a sad smile, and nodded her head, "I'll make sure that you are prepared then, we'll work on it together."

The Defense Lessons with her dad was brutal, but she was learning so much. In the dueling room that they practiced in last term for the tournament they meet weekly.

They would work on nonverbal spell work, which Olivia was handling well. Snape also taught her new spells that she never heard of. Everything he taught her, she picked it up and ran with it, excelling in there private lessons.

Once she even deflected multiple spells that he casted on her and then rebounded back one towards Snape.

"Excellent Olivia!" He said, and he even smiled a tad bit. "You've come so far in such a short time."

Olivia could sense his pride in her, and she felt proud of herself, not just in achieving her goals but in making her Dad proud of her.

Eventually, Olivia was approached by the golden trio, one evening while she was in the dark room.

"This is a cool room, Ollie, I see why you come here." Said Harry looking around. Hermione stood with him, while Ron went to stick his hand in a tub of chemicals.

"Ron, I wouldn't do that if I was you." Said Olivia take a seat on a wooden stool by the drying rack.

"Will it burn or something?" asked Ron withdrawing his hand away from the liquid.