The Purple Backpack ✔️

By LyssahTraicey

Pierra Ivy has had a crush on Andrew for the past three years. When an accidental spill aligns their paths to... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty Five

462 50 1
By LyssahTraicey

ANDREW'S POV

The first time I'd flown was when I'd accompanied Pierra to her family trip but that had been a short one hour flight. A nine hour flight with Pierra was totally different but more memorable. We ate, slept, watched a movie, listened to music and made sure to take photos and lots of videos. I wanted evidence of my first trip with my girl so I made sure to document as much of it as I could. Pierra was the ideal travel companion because not once during the trip was I bored as she always had something in mind for us to do.

Landing was the hardest part but I managed to get through it without puking my guts out.

"You should get used to that, I have a feeling you and I will be traveling a lot together."Pierra commented as we got up to retrieve our carry-ons from the overhead compartment.

"I will, hopefully."I replied helping Pierra with her bag as she was too short to reach.

The time difference between Kenya and Paris was one hour so it didn't affect us much.

We arrived at six in the evening and surprisingly enough it was still light out.

"How comes it looks like four in the afternoon yet its six thirty in the evening? Back home it would be already dark out."I asked as we alighted the plain.

Paris was cold, super cold yet it was only mid year. Definitely had to thank Pierra for insisting we pack and dress heavy.

"Because we're in a different part of the globe, we're not in Kenya anymore babe. We'll adjust with time, don't worry."Pierra replied.

We passed by the immigration booth to show our documentation and when everything was approved we moved to baggage claim. We had a suitcase each besides our carry-ons as Pierra had declared we would do a lot of shopping so there was no need to carry too many clothes.

"Pietro has our flight details and said he'll be waiting for us at the arrival lobby."I informed Pierra as we made our way towards the entrance.

"Good because there's no way we can find our way around a city we've never been to before."She replied and I chuckled.

Pierra looked so beautiful and my heart swelled with joy each time I blinked and saw that she was actually there with me. Paris would be the perfect getaway for the both of us. We would work on us and rekindle the flames of our relationship. We were okay but the break had taken its toll on us. The one month we had together would be perfect for us to mend the cracks and build a firmer and stronger foundation.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"Pierra asked.

Only when she spoke up did I realize that I had been staring at her.

"Just appreciating your beauty and presence."I replied and she blushed.

"You're so cheesy."She chuckled.

I grinned at her "Only for your love."

Pierra was my light and I hoped I would never be the cause of her tears again. I just wanted to put a smile on her face and happiness in her life always.

"You see how back home whenever we spot a white person we always have to point and comment?"Pierra asked randomly.

"Yeah?"

"Well here it's in reverse. We are the anomaly. It's our turn to get discussed and pointed at. I kind of like being the center of attention."Pierra replied and I chuckled.

"Only you Ivy can find humor in that."I replied.

She grinned cheekily at me and shrugged. Her observations were true nonetheless, people were pointing at us not so discreetly and discussing us. I didn't mind though as long as they didn't approach us and Pierra was okay so I assumed their stares and whispers.

Pietro was not hard to spot as he was holding a big board with the label "Welcome Andrew & Pierra" on it. I had already informed him that Pierra would be joining me prior to our arrival. He assured me that he had made all the necessary arrangements to host us both.

He put the board down immediately he spotted us and rushed towards us.

"Hello, hello. Welcome to Paris Andrew. It's an honor to have you here."He greeted cheerfully shaking my hand.

Pietro was a unique character from how he was dressed to the way he spoke. He was shorter than me with a French accent which was to be expected,short brown hair and blue eyes. He seemed like one of those exuberant types with a great personality. He was wearing brown khakis, a checked pink shirt under it, a black trench coat and a blue scarf.

"Thank you for having us."I replied with a polite smile.

"My pleasure."He answered.

He turned his attention to Pierra and his smile got wider.

"And you must be Pierra. The photographs don't do you justice. You my dear are a beauty."He complimented leaning in to kiss both her cheeks.

Pierra just giggled and were it not for the fact that Pietro was too old for her I would have been totally jealous of their exchange. I also loved and trusted Pierra so there was nothing to worry about.

"Thank you so much, I love your scarf. Scratch that, I love your whole outfit."Pierra complimented.

Pietro beamed at the praises, his cheeks turning pink.

"Thank you very much. Now let's get you both out of this cold and to your hotel room. You must be tired and need the rest."He said helping Pierra out with her suitcase.

We made our way to the parking lot and got into a chauffeured white SUV. Pierra and I sat at the back while Pietro took the passengers seat next to the driver.

Our faces were glued to the windows the whole time as we took in the beauty of Paris at dusk.

"It's so beautiful, I can't wait to explore."Pierra commented.

"Paris is indeed beautiful, there's much to see. You'll be here for a month and that is more than enough time to explore. You might even be tempted to extend your stay."Pietro replied.

"Maybe but Kenya has its beauty too, we'd not like to stay away for too long."Powerade countered.

"There's no doubt there. From the photographs you submitted I saw how beautiful your country is. I'm thinking of visiting there someday."Pietro replied.

"On behalf of all Kenyans, you're most welcome."Pierra replied making Pietro smile.

The car was silent for a few more minutes before I felt Pierra take my hand so I turned to her giving her my full attention.

"You okay?"Pierra asked turning to face me.

"I'm perfect."I assured her taking her hand in mine and squeezing softly.

Content with my answer Pierra turned her gaze back outside to enjoy the view. Pietro was right, Paris was beautiful with its well lit streets, cafe's and lively mood. It had its beauty and elegance to it. We were in the most romantic city in the world and I was going to woo Pierra all over again with the help of the city of love.

We got to the hotel after half an hour drive. It was a very extravagant hotel, one of the best I'd ever stepped into with shiny granite floors, high ceilings with a big chandelier in the lobby.

"We're going to have so much fun."Pierra squealed her excitement pouring out of her.

Her gaze was wandering everywhere, the lights bouncing off her eyes making them look shiny and more alluring.

"I can't wait."I replied pulling her in for a side hug.

Pietro helped us sign into the hotel and we were handed our key cards. We took the elevator to the fourth floor where our room was. Pierra was so excited I allowed her to walk in first.

"Oh my God, this is amazing."She yelled once she got in.

Pietro chuckled behind me allowing me to walk in first before he did, closing the door behind him.

Pierra was right with her reaction, the room was perfect with a four poster bed in the middle, floor to ceiling windows, a seating area and a lounge pad by the window. It's theme was cream, white and a light purple. Pierra was definitely thrilled with the purple theme.

"Want to see the best part?"Pietro asked and Pierra nodded excitedly.

Pietro walked towards the window and pulled them open. My jaw fell to the floor as did Pierra's. Right in our line of view was the Eiffel Tower in all its glory.

"I've seen pictures, videos and heard of it but none of this can equate to how beautiful it looks in person."Pierra whispered.

She stalked towards the balcony with slow steps as if answering to a sirens call. I followed her, caging her in my arms against the railing.

"I take back what I said in the car, we're moving here."Pierra declared and I laughed.

"As long as I'm with you, I don't care where we live."I replied kissing her temple.

We enjoyed the view for a few more minutes before Pietro called out to us. I had to drag Pierra away as she didn't want to leave.

"I am going to leave you to rest but I have few things I would like to tell you first. The room is fully paid for a month and we will cater for all the room service you order. If you want to explore a guide will be provided for you unless you want to go exploring on your own. Andrew I will be here to pick you up in the morning, you have a meeting with the managers and coordinators of the event. You'll also get to meet the rest of the winners tomorrow. Finally here is a list of numbers you can call in case of an emergency. In case of anything, call any of those numbers and you will be immediately attended to."Pietro briefed handing me a piece of paper with a couple of names and numbers on it.

"Before I forget, here's is a phone with a new sim card on it. Your sim cards won't properly work here so this is for communication between us. The numbers I've given you are already keyed in but just in case keep the list close to you."He concluded.

"Thank you Pietro."Pierra said with a smile as I folded the paper and put it in my wallet.

"Pleasure is all mine. Now I'll leave you to rest. Goodnight you two. Andrew see you at eight am tomorrow morning."Pietro said with a smile.

He shook my hand, kissed Pierra's cheeks again before excusing himself and leaving the room.

Immediately he was out, Pierra launched herself at me and kissed me deeply. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her back.

"Not that I'm complaining but what was that for?"I asked once we pulled apart for air.

"Nothing, just grateful to be here with you."Pierra shrugged pecking my lips.

"I'm elated to be here with you as well, thank you for accompanying me."I whispered kissing her forehead.

"Anytime love. So what do you want to do first?"Pierra asked.

"Probably call everyone back home and inform the of our arrival. We have my family, yours and then our friends. Who's first?"I inquired.

"Definitely your mom and sister."Pierra replied.

I smiled retrieving my phone from my pocket and opening WhatsApp after tapping into the hotels Wi-Fi. We made all the necessary calls and everyone was happy to hear that we had arrived safe and sound.

After we had finished calling everyone, Pierra and I took a shower together, christening the bathroom then the bed. We ordered dinner and enjoyed it on the balcony cuddled together as we enjoyed the view of the Eiffel Tower.

"It looks so majestic, I can't wait to go there. I feel like if I reach out, I can touch it."Pierra breathed eyes trained on the landmark in front of us.

"You'll get to do that, we'll go there soon."I replied kissing her hair. "What else do you want to do while we're here?" I asked.

"Everything there is to do, I want to visit as many cafés as possible, get sick from eating too many pastries,go shopping and best of all explore. We'll visit the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Notre Dame and the Moulin Rouge. There's so many more places but those are the only ones I can remember at the top of my head."Pierra replied excitedly.

"We'll get to do all that and more my love. We do have one month here after all."I replied kissing her cheek.

"Together."Pierra declared linking our hands together.

"Together."I confirmed squeezing her hand reassuringly.

"I love you."Pierra said with a yawn.

"I love you more Ivy. Now time to get you to bed, the tower ain't going anywhere."I demanded softly getting up with her in my arms.

I settled her on the bed making sure she was comfortable. I closed the window and confirmed that the door was indeed closed before joining Pierra in bed. I tuned off the lights and pulled her closer. She cuddled into my side kissing my chin. A few minutes her breath evened out indicating that she had indeed fallen asleep.

Tightening my hold on her, I said a short prayer, thanking God for the safe journey mercies and the chance to live my dream with Pierra by my side.

Ten minutes later, I drifted off to sleep with my girl in my arms looking forward to a great month together in Paris, France, the city of love. 

😍😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.9K 10K 65
Closeted freshman student, Aries Buan, falls in love with his senior after getting partnered with him during their freshman orientation. Afraid to ad...
390K 20.9K 60
"What do you want Xavier?" I said getting irritated. "For you to give me a chance to explain myself." "There's no need to explain anything to me, we...
85 0 10
⚠ Warning: Strong Language and Spicy Scenes ⚠ Iris always thought that she would meet her significant other like her parents met and that they would...
5.7K 340 34
Opposites James and Mica plan their mutual friend's birthday party together. What Mica doesn't know is that James has a massive crush on him...