The Purple Backpack ✔️

By LyssahTraicey

Pierra Ivy has had a crush on Andrew for the past three years. When an accidental spill aligns their paths to... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty One

442 48 1
By LyssahTraicey

ANDREW'S POV

Every time Pierra had run away from me after I'd hurt her feelings, I'd always let her go and it never ended well. Learning from my mistakes I quickly jumped into action from my frozen state and ran after her. I passed by my room just to make sure that she hadn't decided to stop by there. I found her bag and phone on the bed which meant she was running home with no means of communication or a way to get into her house. I grabbed them both, locked my room before continuing my chase. She already had a jumpstart on me so I had to hurry up.

As always I had messed up by speaking before thinking about my words carefully. I had just been so hurt by Pierra turning me down because of Bishop that I said things that I didn't mean. Of course Pierra and Bishop were closer than any normal brother and sister but Pierra's past let me know why. I had hurt her once again and I didn't know if this time she would forgive me.

I ran all the way to her apartment and only caught a glimpse of her running through the gate. She was a very fast runner for someone who didn't exercise. She had probably gotten practice from all the times I'd let her down and she had to run away from me.

I walked up the stairs slowly trying to think of how I was going to apologize but nothing I came up with made up for what I'd said to her. I'd fucked up big time and I was ready to grovel as long as I didn't loose Pierra. We had both lost so much time crushing on each other, time that would have been well spent dating and getting to know each other. The past few months dating her had been some of the best of my whole life and I didn't want to loose that. Pierra meant too much to me for me to just give up on her.

I found her seated on the floor outside her room crying into her lap. Her tears and wrecked sobs broke my heart because I knew I was the cause of them all. I was determined to fix things because I couldn't imagine my life without Pierra in it.

Without saying a word, I opened the door for her before bending over and picking her up. She didn't protest like I expected her to but she didn't curl into my arms like she always liked doing when I held her. I used my foot to close the foot and manoeuvered my way through the dimly lit room and placed her on the bed. I turned on the lights after helping her get settled. Her arms and feet were cold so I helped her put on a hoodie and a pair of socks. I also found her a handkerchief to help manage her tears.

I made my way into the kitchen because neither of us had eaten anything all day. I didn't know how to cook, I'd always eaten at hotels and when Pierra came into my life she either cooked or we ate out. I found instant noodles in her cabinet which saved me a whole bunch as it was so simple to make there was no way I could ruin that.

Twenty minutes later I served us both a good amount in bowls and poured us each a glass of juice. I placed both our plates on her small coffee table and pulled it closer to the bed.

"Ivy baby, wake up."I whispered shaking her awake.

"I'm not hungry."She mumbled her face buried into her pillow.

"Yes you are, now wake up."I replied using my strength against her to turn her around so she could face me.

"Why are you here? We just broke up."She asked her words like icicles being thrown directly to my heart.

"No we didn't, you told me see you never but I chose not to listen. Now please get up, you need to eat something."I begged.

"If I eat will you leave?"She asked and I didn't reply just helped her sit up.

She glared at me when I held her but I just ignored her. Her eyes we puffy and red rimmed with tears, her nose stuffy and lips pink and shiny. She looked like a pink chipmunk, cute but it was for all the wrong reasons and that didn't sit well with me.

"Since when do you cook?"Pierra asked when I gave her a bowl of noodles.

"I still don't but these noodles are too easy to make."I replied sitting on the edge of her bed as I picked up my bowl too.

Pierra took the first bite and her face scrunched up into a weird look.

"How did I mess up noodles that are basically already cooked?"I asked afraid to taste mine.

"Did you add salt?"She asked and I shook my head.

"Aren't they be supposed to be ready to eat?"I asked taking a bite of mine and realizing that they tasted bland.

Putting my bowl down I grabbed the salt shaker from the kitchen before handing it to Pierra first. The salt made the noodles edible and we ate for the next ten minutes in utter silence.

It was too quiet, definitely not our normal as Pierra who was the chatty one between us always had something to say. It felt like I'd broken my beautiful music box and I had no idea how to fix it.

When we were both done eating, I washed all the utensils I'd used trying to put off the dreadful conversation ahead of us for as long as possible. When I couldn't find anything else to to I made my my back to the bed and sat next to Pierra. She was looking at me, her knees pulled to her chest and the hoodie she was wearing that I now recognized as mine enveloped her figure. She looked so small and lost and it was all because of me. Time to find her.

"I'm sorry Pierra."I started.

She didn't move or say anything but her attentive eyes were enough clue that she was listening to me.

Since she wasn't going to say anything I decided to continue and plead my case hoping she would have mercy on me.

"I'm so sorry for how I treated you. You deserve better than that and I accept that I messed up. I was just so upset about how fast you were to shut me down that I said what I said. I didn't mean any of it. Bishop is lucky to have a sister like you but I just wanted to share this experience with you and I'm sorry it turned me into an arrogant jerk and made me hurt you."I confessed hoping she would accept my apology.

She didn't say anything for a while just continued staring at me with silent tears leaking from her eyes. I wanted to hold her and assure her that everything was okay but I didn't want to push my luck too far.

I was about to speak again when she wiped off her tears and cleared her nose noisily. She straightened up and looked at me.

"You hurt me Andrew and your words cut me deep but I understand. You were angry and disappointed that I shut you down and its okay." She said.

I felt hope bloom in my chest that things were going to be okay between us after all.

"You forgive me?"I asked.

She shook her head "No I said that I understand. Your words still hurt me and it will take a while to get over that."

It was a perfectly reasonable explanation, one that even though I didn't want to accept, I had to as I was the wrong doer.

"So what does this mean? I still want you to come to Paris with me."I begged.

"I can't, I'm sorry. I mentioned Paris to Bishop and that's why he relapsed. I can't leave him like that."She insisted.

Her statement pissed me off but this time I didn't blow up, there was no need to ruin things more than I already bad so I kept a reign on my emotions.

"Please Pierra please, just think about it. Try and see things from my perspective."I pleaded.

I was desperate because I didn't want the Bishop fight be to a constant one in our relationship. I would always loose to the guy as he was family but this time I really wanted her to choose me.

"I'm sorry Andre."She sobbed

I couldn't take it anymore so I pulled her into my arms and hugged her. She didn't pull away and this time she actually clung to me. That small act was the little ray of hope that I needed to assure me that all was not lost yet.

"I know I messed up but we still have three more weeks before I have to leave. Bishop may have gotten better by then so don't say no to going to Paris with me, just say that you'll think about it."I implored her.

I didn't think she'd agree but she surprised me yet again.

"I'll think about it. I just need time."She mumbled into my chest.

I smiled and hugged her close to me for a few more minutes. We were definitely not okay after what I had done to her but we were better off than we would have been if I had just let her go like I'd done in the past.

"I know you've asked for space and even though it hurts I will give it to you. I'm sorry for what I just. Just don't forget that I love you Pierra and I always will."I confessed pulling away to kiss her forehead.

"I love you too."She replied soothing the ache in my heart that my stupidity and wretched words hadn't ruined everything.

I held her for a few more minutes before I pulled away. I would have loved to stay but I had already invaded her privacy long enough and wanted to let her be for a while so she could make her decision.

I pecked her lips hoping it was not the last time I'd get to before making sure she was safely tucked in bed and left her alone. I turned off the lights and used the key she had given me to make sure the door was locked. Pierra and I had come so far so I had to believe that we would be okay. Our love would prevail.

I didn't want to go back to my empty room as I was already used to Pierra being there with me so I texted the guys and asked for their location. I wasn't planning on getting drunk but I also needed to let loose after the long day I'd had.

I found my friends drinking the night away at a local bar close to Ned's tattoo shop. Cass was the one who noticed me first and immediately jumped at me yelling congratulations over the loud music.

"I'm so proud of you man, good job."He praised slurring his words a little bit meaning he was already drunk.

"Thanks Cass."I replied with a tight smile.

We approached everyone else who were all seated around a table with too many drinks to count occupying it.

"Are we celebrating something?"I asked taking a seat after saying hello to everyone else and receiving their congratulations.

"Yeah, your win."Alfred said with a burp.

"Without me?"I asked looking at all the drinks on the table trying to determine the one that would help me forget my troubles for a while.

"We needed an excuse to get wasted."Cliff added and I laughed.

"Since when do you guys need an excuse to get drunk?"I asked and nobody bothered to reply.

I settled on Chrome vodka as I helped myself to shot beginning my long drunk night ahead.

"Where is Pierra?"Cass asked and I wished he hadn't.

I was busy trying to forget her and he was reminding me of her.

"Home."I replied curtly taking another shot.

I should have been sleeping myself but I wanted to forget the fact that I'd made Pierra cry and that I would probably loose her if she decided that she didn't want to be with me anymore. Maybe I should have stuck around longer to make sure we were okay. That would not have solved anything though as she had asked for space so I let that thought go.

"What did you do?"Ned the ever intuitive one asked.

"Why do you assume that I did something wrong?"I asked and he shook his head at me.

"Because Pierra loves you too much to mess up what you have. You on the other hand have a history with hurting her so it's definitely you."Cliff of all people reasoned and I had to agree with him.

I really had messed up big this time.

"I asked her to go to Paris with me and she said no because of Bishop so I accused her of incest."I explained with as little words as possible.

The table went silent and I took a shot to drown the bitter taste of those words on my lips.

"Fuck. You messed up. If I was Pierra I'd kick your ass to the curb."Cass said speaking up first.

"She's more understanding than you think and just asked for time to figure everything out."I replied taking two simultaneous shots.

I started getting tipsy as everyone's words started merging together when they tried to advice me. I didn't need their words of wisdom anyway so I just kept on drinking.

I had always been the responsible one but that night they are the ones who carried me home. They were my friends and even though they didn't like what I did they couldn't leave me. I was grateful for them but I needed Pierra and not them.

I hoped my beautiful girl would forgive me so we could get back to normal and visit Paris together. It had taken too much time for us to actually be together and I didn't want to loose any more time. She would forgive me, she just had to for my life would go back to being dull without her in it. I refused to live like that again. I would fight for her no matter the cost. Pierra was mine and always would be. 

😩😩

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.4K 1.5K 27
Ahmad Franklin was attending NYU when he met the Harlem thug, Darius, who turns his world upside down. Ahmad had a few lasting relationships before b...
411 3 13
Coles parents divorced and he had to move with his mom. Cole has always been closed off from the world. He's never had real friends or anyone for t...
85 0 10
⚠ Warning: Strong Language and Spicy Scenes ⚠ Iris always thought that she would meet her significant other like her parents met and that they would...
13.9K 660 22
Summer Brinkley is thrilled to be promoted to a job in California, where her best friend from college lives. She is sad to find out Dana won't be the...