GINGERSNAPS

Da theginger412

Olivia Evans, who was given up at birth by her mother, Petunia, later finds out that she is a witch. Just whe... Altro

1. The Past meets The Future
2. Settling In
3. Lemonade
4. Flash
5. Captured Moments
6. Breaking Through
7. Scolded
8. Beaten Up
9. Petrified
10. Safe
12. Respects
13. Challenged
14. Slashed
15. Mischief Managed
16. Yearbook
17. Bring The Lion Out
18. The Cup
19. Moony
20. Contact
21. Toffee
22. Strawberry Ice Cream
23. The World Cup
24. Her Heart
25. Moody
26. The Tournament
27. Her Name
28. Her Wand
29. Her Dragon
30. The First Task
31. Her Flame
32. Love Potion
33. The Yule Ball
34. The Second Task
35. Birthdays
36. The Third Task
37. Graveyard
38. Her Friend
39. In Memory
40. Grimmauld Place
41. Pieces of Her
42. Inked
43. Lavender Tea
44. Uncle
45. Firewhiskey
46. Ministry of Magic
47. The Hearing
48. Treacle Tart
49. Evans
50. Her Boggart
51. Kings Cross
52. Bloody Mess
53. Skeleton
54. Playing with Fire
55. Last, First Match
56. Attacked
57. St. Mungos
58. Honey
59. P for Percy
60. Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
61. Her Letters and Feathers
62. Occlumency
63. Not Tonight
64. Cornish Pixies
65. Red Lace
66. Yellow Paint
67. Sacked
68. Changes and Captures
69. Style
70. Adventure's End
71. Blowing Kisses
72. Stunned
73. Evans
74. Her Death
75. Cracks In Their World
76. From The Ashes
77. Her Funeral
78. Her First
79. Broomsticks & Sunsets
80. The Return
81. Scars
82. Permission
83. Paints and Pranks
84. Red
85. Normal
86. Vials and Stakes
87. Blood Oath
88. Arm Sling
89. Trunk of Photos
90. Never Know
91. In This Life
92. Melted Metal

11. Leaky Cauldron

3.3K 112 9
Da theginger412

The school year ended with a celebration. Everyone was back to normal and everything was perfectly fine. Once Harry and Ron saved Ginny in the chamber of secrets, and the beast was killed, life was falling back into place.

Snape and Olivia returned to Cokeworth at the end of the year. Olivia had just collapsed on her bed after lunging her trunk up the steps, when she heard a knock on her open door frame. Snape stood in the hall looking in, observing the now full walls of pictures and paintings.

"I told Dumbledore that you probably wanted to rest this summer instead of work-" Snape started

"Rest? I've had plenty of rest when i was petrified in the hospital wing! I'm more than ready to work!" Olivia expressed

"Very well, I will send word to him then..." he said standing in the doorway looking around the room still.

Olivia waited for him to say something but he didn't. She noticed he was looking at a sketch that she pinned to her wall above her desk. It was a line drawing of a lily flower. She walked over and unpinned it from its spot, and handed it to Snape.
"I drew it last summer, you can have it if you want, it's not my best work-"

"Oh uh sure" he said awkwardly stuffing the drawing in his pocket. "Dinner will be ready soon." He turned to leave.

"I'll come help you, I don't want to unpack anyway."

"Okay fine..." he said heading down stairs.

A week or so passed and Olivia was flooing into the headmasters fireplace. Dumbledore sat at his desk when she walked out of the flames.

"Morning! I'm ready for my yearly list!" Olivia greeted the man, rubbing her hands together warming them up to work.

Dumbledore stood from his seat, "Change of plans this year, I'm in rather need of assistance today, I mistakenly book two meetings at the same time, I was hoping you could come with me today and help me." He said gathering things into his pockets

"Yeah sure! What we gotta do?"

"I have a meeting at the bank but I was also to meet someone to interview them for the opening for Defense against the Dark arts post. I was wondering if you could sit with them while I finish things up at Gringotts."

"Sounds good to me, where is the other meeting at?"

"The Leaky Cauldron, we best be leaving then, I believe we'll travel the Floo Network. After you," Dumbledore gestured for Olivia to go first.

Once they arrive at the pub, Dumbledore instructed her that he would only be a few minutes at the bank and that a man by the name Remus Lupin was suppose to meet him. Dumbledore told her to explain to the man that he would be back as quick as he could. Olivia found a seat at a table in the corner, after Dumbledore departed.

Not many people was there at 9 in the morning only a few here and there. She waited patiently sipping on a some tea humming to herself.

A man with mousy hair that had streaks of gray came in and looked around the pub. He eyes swept around the room searching for someone, when he gazed over Olivia she saw him do a double take. He quickly moved along, and sat at the table next to her.

He carried a briefcase that he sat next to his chair, Olivia leaned forward and seen that the briefcase read R. J. Lupin on the top of it. She poked the man in the shoulder, when he turned around, she greeted him with a wide smile.

"Hi, sorry to bother you, mate, but are Remus Lupin by any chance?" She asked

The man confused, "Yes that's me.."

"Oh good! Professor Dumbledore brought me along to tell you that he would be late, he had a meeting at the bank but it shouldn't run too long. You're more than welcomed to wait with me!" She informed him kindly gesturing to the empty chairs at her table. "Oh I'm Olivia Evans by the way." She reached out her hand for him to shake.

Remus Lupin didn't know if his ears were playing tricks on him, when the girl said her last name was Evans. It was one thing that when he seen her he had to look twice thinking that he saw an old friend of his.

He shook her hand, "Nice to meet you..." he joined her at the table sitting across from the girl.

"So I was told you're interviewing for the Defense opening, that's exciting!" She made small talk with the man, who looked at her oddly.

"Oh yes, Dumbledore wrote to me asking if I'd like to apply... no offense but you seem awfully young, are you a student at Hogwarts?" He asked

"Yeah! I'll be in my 5th year, but in the summer I work at the school some. My guardian is a teacher there, so instead of sitting around I asked if I could help around. I'm usually at the school but today Professor Dumbledore said he needed me to help him, so here I am!" Olivia chirped "speaking of the man of the hour, here he is." Looking over Remus shoulder he looked too to see the white hair wizard stroll in.

"My apologies Remus, I hope Ollie was able to keep you company in my absence." The headmaster said, shaking the mans hand and taking a seat next to the red headed girl.

"Now, let's get down to business." Looking around the pub had cleared out all for Tom the owner who headed for the back room.

"I'll leave you both then-" Olivia began to say

"Nonsense, you can stay, I'm sure your input is welcomed here." Dumbledore said, Remus gave him a wary look but didn't protest. "Now Remus, as you know I'm in need of Defense teacher, and if I recall you was rather gifted in the subject at school."

"Yes sir."

"I'm prepared to offer you the position but I know your condition was raised into question when You wrote back to me." Dumbledore stated, Remus eyed the man widely and look at the girl. The old wizard took notice. "Oh no need to worry, dear Ollie here has my full trust. As I know she will find out sooner or later from her guardian, I'm fine with her knowing, if you are that is."

Remus wasn't sure of the girl. He looked at her, she smiled at him, making her freckles move on her cheeks. She reminded him so much of his dear friend. And so he decided to trust Dumbledores judgement. And nodded his head.

"Wonderful, you see Ollie, Remus has a condition known as lycanthropy." He whispered to the girl, Olivia didn't react. She just nodding her head, as if she was just taking in new information. No judgment registered on her face. Remus felt some relief by this. "Now, this condition I have full belief we can manage. Our potion master would make the wolfsbane potion monthly for you, and you would have a substitute to watch over your classes as needed. Room and food are provided, the job is yours if you want it."

Remus looked as if he was thinking about the mans words, he stretched out his hand, "I'll take it." The men shook hands and stood to leave.

"I will write to you soon then, we look forward to having you Remus." Dumbledore clapped the man on the back and headed to leave.

Olivia shook Remus hand once more, "Excited to learn from you, Professor Lupin." She said with a smile before joining the headmaster. Remus smiled too, hearing the girl call him Professor for the first time.

Back in the headmasters office, Olivia lounged in the oversized chair in front of the desk. "I hope I'm right to believe when i said I can trust you Olivia."

"Of course, I swear on my magic I won't tell anyone about Professor Lupins condition."

"Good, I thought so. Now, the next order of business will be more difficult I'm afraid."

"Oh really sir, what's that?"

"I must tell Severus that Professor Lupin will be joining the staff." Dumbledore told her with a grave face.

Weeks passed and the news that the Weasleys won the Daily Prophet draw broke. Olivia was so happy for her friends, and the family. She couldn't think of anyone else who deserved it more.

The Weasleys used their winnings to spend a month in Egypt with Bill, which meant that Olivia wasn't spending her second half of summer at the Burrow. So instead of working the rest of the summer, she decided to paint in the studio while Snape worked. This year she had to master painting portraits and making them come to life with the persons personality, it was required for her O.W.L.s.

Olivia used the time at Hogwarts to practice painting the adults she spent time with there. She first painted McGonagall. Which took her a couple weeks. By the time she finished, the Weasleys were back from their trip and from the letter that the twins had sent her they was staying at the Leaky Cauldron.

She knocked on Snapes office door and walked in. He was restocking the shelves. Olivia leaned on the edge of his desk.

"You're running low on lacewing flies." Olivia told him picking up a near empty vial on his desk.

"I noticed that. I expect someone had helped themselves last year." He said taking the vial from her and refilling it.

"So... I was wondering" (oh gosh, Snape said under his breath) "if I could go stay the night at the Leaky Cauldron with the Weasleys." Olivia asked.

"Why?"

"I haven't got to see them all summer, and I always come to school with them. Please!!"

Snape rubbed his brow for a moment, "Fine, you can head home and gather your things, I'll write to Tom and tell him to expect you. There is a murderer on the loose and I don't want you running off by yourself. I will not have another incident like last school year."

"Thank you!!! I promise no going off by myself." She hugged him and hurried for the door, "I'll see you at the start of term! Bye!!"

She flooed home through dumbledores office and gathered her things, once packed and ready she used the fireplace to head to the pub. She stepped out and greeted the owner, Tom. After being shown the room she'd be staying in, she left to find the twins.

Downstairs in the pub Mr Weasley sat at the bar by himself. Olivia took the seat next to him. "Oh Ollie, didn't see you there, Tom was just telling me you showed up to join us all here."

At that moment Harry Ron and Hermione came in, and walked over to the pair, Mr Weasley greeted Harry and Olivia greeted them all. Harry seen the paper Mr Weasley had put down.

"Still haven't caught him then?" He asked

"No, they've taken all of us off our regular jobs to try and find him." The older man said

Ron asked if there was a reward for catching Sirius Black and his dad was telling him no that the Azkaban guards would find him when Mrs Weasley, the twins, Percy, and Ginny came in.

The twins had informed her prior in a letter that Percy had been made Head Boy, like their older brother Bill had been. Percy stuck out his hand to Harry and greeted him.

"Harry, how nice to see you."

"Hello Percy," Harry said clearly trying not to laugh

"I hope you're well"

"Very well thanks-" Harry was saying when Fred pushed Percy out of the way.

In the same mocking tone as Percy, Fred shook Harry's hand, "Harry, simply splendid to see you old boy-"

"Marvelous" George said pushing Fred out of the way taking Harry's hand. "Absolutely spiffing"

"I see Harry gets all the warm welcomes then." Said Olivia who was leaning out behind Mr Weasley for the family to see her.

"Ollie! We didn't see you there! I take this as Snape let you come and stay too!" Said Fred lifting the girl with a hug from her seat and spun her around. Laughing and hugging him back, she was sat back on her feet.

"We missed you this summer!" George hugged Olivia next barely letting her toes touch the ground after Fred put her down.

"I've missed you all!! Congratulations Percy." Olivia leaned around the twins to see their older brother.

Percy gave her a nod of thanks. "I see we've all heard the big news then! Two head boys in the family" Mrs Weasley said

"And the last" mumbled Fred

"I don't doubt that, I noticed they didn't make you two prefects this year" she told her sons

"Why would we want to be prefects for? Takes all the fun out of life." George explained, Ginny laughed

"You're suppose to be an example for your sister!"lectured Molly

"Ginny has other brothers to set her an example Mother," Percy informed, "I'm going to change for dinner."

George heaved a sigh, "We tried to shut him up in a pyramid, but Mum spotted us."

Later that evening the large group had dinner, Tom pushed together three tables where the Weasleys, Harry, Hermione, and Olivia enjoyed a delicious 5 course meal.

"How are we getting to Kings Cross tomorrow dad?" Fred asked

"The ministry is giving us some cars to use" he answered his son, everyone looked at the older man.

"Why?" Percy asked

"Oh because of you Perce, they'll have little flags on the hood that has HB on them-" George started

"For Humongous Bighead" finished Fred

Everyone but Percy and Mrs. Weasley laugh. Olivia had a harder time recovering because of how Arthur Weasley was trying his best to cover his own laughter, snorting into his pudding.

"Since we don't have one anymore, and I work there, the ministry is doing me a favor" Arthur said after recovering from laughing.

"Which is good because of how much luggage well have. Is everyone packed?" Molly asked.

Percy told his Mum that Ron had all his stuff laying on his bed and Molly told him he better do it tonight because he won't have time in the morning.

After dinner, the twins sat on Olivias bed showing her how they stole Percys head boy badge and made it say Bighead Boy, while she folded her clothes. The door was cracked open, and Mr Weasley walked by heading to his room, but retreated when he heard the twins laughing in Olivias room. He pushed the door open more and stood in the doorframe, ears red.

"Oh Hi Mr Weasley!" Olivia greeted the man, placing a folded shirt on top of pile.

"Boys, what are you doing in here?" He asked with a worried face.

"Just hanging out with Ollie while she packs," Fred answered his dad with a confused look.

"Oh uh, well, best to keep the door open then. Can never be too safe with teenagers. Wouldn't want your mum to uh, oh gosh or Snape too, well nevermind, goodnight." Rambled on the man, leaving the door wide open as it could go.

The three said goodnight. Once Arthur left they shared a look. "Did he just think-"

"That we were-"

"Ew stop. Let's just forget about it." Olivia shook her head and went back to packing her things. She couldn't help but think if Snape had seen two boys in her room the reaction he would have wouldn't even compare to Mr. Weasleys.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

208K 6.5K 28
Athene Atkinson had never been one to step into the limelight. She was quite content to sit in her little bookshop in Diagon Alley day in and day out...
145K 3.4K 57
Lucinda Sparks, a pure-blooded witch that had fell in love with George Weasley. Not to mention she was a weird and odd girl at times. When she was fi...
12.5K 382 39
Elodie finds herself stuck, she stuck holding the family business together. Her busy schedule of either working a dead end job or caring for her gri...
1.3M 38.1K 96
When Alice transfers from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts, everything changes, she leaves many things behind. Or at least she thinks she does. But then she m...